Start by marking “#ReformingSocialMedia” as Want to Read:
#ReformingSocialMedia

#ReformingSocialMedia

Do you ever feel frustrated by all the drama on Facebook?

Do you ever feel anxiety over your children and teenagers using social media?

Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the many social media options and wonder if it’s really worth it?

Mandy's book #ReformingSocialMedia answers all those questions!
Published November 26th 2014

To ask other readers questions about #ReformingSocialMedia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about #ReformingSocialMedia

Start your review of #ReformingSocialMedia
Gretchen Louise
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Does the Bible have anything to say about social media? Mandy J. Hoffman believes it does. In a style that’s both conversational and convicting, this pastor’s wife addresses the tough topics of social media with confidence and grace. Using personal stories and practical application of Scripture, Mandy exhorts us that whether or not we use social media, our choice must be for the glory of God. I wish this eBook could be required reading for every Christian using social media!
Becky Daye
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book discusses the dangers of social media, but also the potential to use social media in a way that brings glory to God. It is excellent and I highly recommend it.
Debbie
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever thought about how many of our social media posts are self-focused? In Reforming Social Media, the author Mandy J. Hoffman, speaks from her own struggles with social media.

She begins by giving a name to the different types of Facebook users such as “The Spy”, “The Busybody” or “The Politician” and more. I can assure you we all know someone from each of the categories she illustrates. After the illustration she gives a bible verse that refutes the reasoning behind the type. The comma
Angie Tolpin
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mandy engages a greatly needed topic, #ReformingSocialMedia, from a biblical perspective. I appreciate her work in exhorting us to go back to God's word and look at what He specifically says in scripture about conversations and relationships and how it relates to social media today.
My favorite chapters were 6-10, where she diggs into scripture on topics such as gossip, complaining, envy, anger, and our responsibility to steward our profiles well as Ambassador's for Christ. Great little book, ta
Amanda
Short book for Christians on how to use social media to glorify God. This book can be read and understood by anyone, even people who know little to nothing about social media. Since I'm somewhat knowledgeable about social media already, I skipped the chapter where the author defined necessary terms. Helpful when thinking about how the Bible and Christian ethics should be brought into interactions on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
I highly recommend this to everyone who uses social media or is thinking about it. It's a wonderful, biblical look at how we should use social media.
Reginald Detabali
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
We all have struggles with social media and Christian ethics should be brought into interactions on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Hoffman has a lot of good points in this book. But there is still the need to beware of even in exercising our liberty in SM. It is not all there is for spiritual life.
Matthew Mitchell
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good primer for digital newbies and also a heart-check for using social media wisely.

Hoffman has clearly invested time in thinking through many of the issues and brings pertinent biblical principles to bear with concise, fluffless prose. She is neither alarmist nor dismissive of the inherit digital dangers and offers very practical strategies for glorifying God while being social online. Good counsel. I've already thought of several people to whom I will recommend "the book with the hashtag i
Catherine