Start by marking “Darth Vader and Friends” as Want to Read:
Darth Vader and Friends

Darth Vader and Friends

(Star Wars: Darth Vader and Kids)

In this funny and sweet new book in the bestselling Darth Vader™ series, Eisner Award–winning author Jeffrey Brown offers an intimate look at the friendships between best pals in the Star Wars universe, from Darth Vader and the Emperor to Leia and her Ewok pals, Han and Chewie, C-3PO and R2-D2, the bounty hunters, and other favorite characters. Jealousy, birthday parties, ...more
Published April 28th 2015 by Chronicle Books (first published April 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Darth Vader and Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darth Vader and Friends

Kelli
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Because it's imaginative and silly, I had to round out the series. I found far less laugh-out-loud moments in this one and a few pages that I didn't really understand. As Yoda might say: 2.5 I give this.
Stephanie Campi
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Referencias muy explicitas a las películas de Star Wars en un formato cómico y caricaturesco. La verdad es que lo amé. ❤
Gianfranco Mancini

Darth Vader and Son and Vader's Little Princess are still the best ones in the series, but a few gags in this one like Boba Fett throwing pop-corns to Han Solo in a theatre made me laugh a lot.

The Force is strong in Jeffrey Brown.
Učitaj se!
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished
Random collection of silly Star Wars cartoons. I really liked the first three books in this series, this one is just too random for me and not as funny as the rest.
Matthew
I worship Jeffrey Brown when it comes to his interpretation of Star Wars mixed in with comedy and I have found that every book that he has published reaches above and beyond the 5-Star rating for me but this book I did not feel that spark of enthusiasm. Probably this book is bit too young for me especially since the demographic is for children but I came across pages where it was difficult to understand the jokes so imagine a child who does not know or understand sarcasm to get the punch line of ...more
Junito
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Me gustó mucho el libro. Está genial porque las páginas son de fantasía. Me hizo reír y es muy divertido. Todos los personajes me gustaron mucho. Fue tan increíble el libro que me hizo sonreír un montón.

Fue una muy buena idea leerlo y disfruté mucho hacerlo. Además, seguro que todos los que lo lean se van a divertir.

Le doy un pulgar arriba!
Sandra
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: creative-stuff, 2015
2.5*

Rounding up because I still enjoyed the illustrations. However, it was not as funny as the other books and most of it went over my head. Guess I'm not that much into SW then...
Helena
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
første boka i 2018 er sjølvsagt relatert til Star Wars fordi etter at eg såg The Last Jedi har eigentleg heile livet mitt dreia rundt Star Wars, denne var fillen så søt og eigentleg ganske løyen.
harlequin {Stephanie}
Very random, enjoyed the other books more.
Selena
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute. Funny and cute.

I love this series.
Sooraya Evans
Jun 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
'Darth Vader and Son' was way better.
Ilse
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned
I wanted to read something light, quick and funny and this was awesome haha.
RumBelle
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, star-wars
Friendship is an integral part of the Star Wars Universe, we see it in so many ways. In this delightful comic, Brown takes that idea and highlights some of the most well known, little known, and unexpected friendships in a galaxy far, far, away.

The scenes in this book follow a loose chronological progression from the Prequels through the Original Trilogy. We see Boss Nass saying he would love to be friends with Padme. We see a group of Clone Trooper children talking about how...they really don'
Jaimie
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
There were definitely some laugh out loud moments from the comics in this book, but the collection didn’t strike me as being as strong as Brown’s first two efforts. It’s hard to top the hilarity of Vader’s Little Princess, but clearly as a trouble-causing daughter I’m a bit biased, but I did enjoy the addition of young Lando and Han, and little Chewie to the cast. I found the comics with Han to be the most amusing, not only because young Han isn’t very different than adult Han, but because Vader ...more
Emily
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I believe this is my favorite in this series. Boba Fett lobbing popcorn at Han in the movie theater was hilarious to me.
Monica
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious!!
Rachel
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this cute little Star Wars cartoons. Silly, adorable and funny :) Perfect little pick-me-up quick read!
حسناء
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I've last watched Star Wars when I was 13 . But I did like this
Rachel Jackson
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute and fun. Not enough cohesion throughout; I would have preferred the comics to be more related to each other, or have more character continuity. I like the comics with Darth Vader and his kids best, and the others weren't as funny.

Except Emperor Palpatine. He could have a whole book.
Mayda
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This graphic novel is sure to delight Star Wars fans with its amusing one-page cartoons. We discover what Luke, Leia, Han, and their friends might have been like as kids. It’s obvious that their destiny lies in saving the galaxy and it is interesting to see everyone on the same side in these early years. Vader has his hands full with these imaginative kids and their friends. The humor lies in the fact that none of these antics really happened, but they might have, if they had remained as a happy ...more
Joey Alison Sayers
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed Darth Vader and Son and Vader's Little Princess, but I don't think I'm a big enough nerd with regards to The Star Wars to understand all the jokes. Easily half of them went over my head. In fairness, I have only seen four of the movies (see above re: nerdiness) so maybe this series will sail further and further above my head, aiming for the truly erudite Star Wars connoisseur, and leaving me in the dust.
Cale
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Another volume of cute cartoons that put Vader in a different light above a cast of Star Wars tykes. There are a couple genuine laughs here, and a lot that bring a warm smile to the face. The art is effective and cutesy. It's a light read that should please any level Star Wars fans (there are some nice in-jokes for fans with larger Star Wars backgrounds).
Andrew
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it
The shtick is getting a bit tiring at this point. Its another book of one panel Star Wars gag strips. Some are clever, some are hilarious, some are dull. All have a very nice art style and personality.

I think Brown understands what makes these people love these characters so much.
Serena.. Sery-ously?
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, eng_2015
Nathan Grant
Jan 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This one wasn't quite as funny as the others, but it's fun for a Star Wars fan.
William Fuentes
Nov 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Ha ha. This was funny. :P
Katrina
Jun 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others since it seemed a little all over the place, but it was still cute.
Sheila Beaumont
Like the others in this delightful series, this book of cartoons is great fun. But be warned: You have to be a real Star Wars geek to get all the jokes!
Janani
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is HILARIOUS.
Tina
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These little books bring much Star Wars joy to the universe.
  • Star Wars: ABC-3PO
  • Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
  • Star Trek Cats
  • Reader's Advisory (Unshelved, #7)
  • Star Wars: Are You Scared, Darth Vader?
  • Star Trek: Redshirt's Little Book of Doom
  • Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy
  • Jam-Packed FoxTrot: A FoxTrot Treasury
  • The Quotable Doctor Who: Wise Words from Across Space and Time
  • The X-Files: Earth Children are Weird
  • Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (Star Wars)
  • Star Wars Volume 3: Rebel Girl
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • Archie: The Married Life Book 4
Jeffrey Brown was born in 1975 in Grand Rapids, Michigan and grew up reading comic books with dreams of someday drawing them, only to abandon them and focus on becoming a 'fine artist.' While earning his MFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Brown abandoned painting and began drawing comics with his first autobiographical book 'Clumsy' in 2001. Since then he's drawn a dozen books fo ...more

Star Wars: Darth Vader and Kids (4 books)
  • Darth Vader and Son (Star Wars Comics for Father and Son, Darth Vader Comic for Star Wars Kids)
  • Vader's Little Princess
  • Goodnight Darth Vader (Star Wars Comics for Parents, Darth Vader Comic for Star Wars Kids)