Start by marking “Darth Vader and Friends” as Want to Read:
Darth Vader and Friends

Darth Vader and Friends

(Star Wars: Darth Vader and Kids)

In this funny and sweet new book in the bestselling Darth Vader™ series, Eisner Award–winning author Jeffrey Brown offers an intimate look at the friendships between best pals in the Star Wars universe, from Darth Vader and the Emperor to Leia and her Ewok pals, Han and Chewie, C-3PO and R2-D2, the bounty hunters, and other favorite characters. Jealousy, birthday parties, ...more
Published April 28th 2015 by Chronicle Books (first published April 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Darth Vader and Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darth Vader and Friends

Start your review of Darth Vader and Friends
Gianfranco Mancini

Darth Vader and Son and Vader's Little Princess are still the best ones in the series, but a few gags in this one like Boba Fett throwing pop-corns to Han Solo in a theatre made me laugh a lot.

The Force is strong in Jeffrey Brown.
Kelli
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Because it's imaginative and silly, I had to round out the series. I found far less laugh-out-loud moments in this one and a few pages that I didn't really understand. As Yoda might say: 2.5 I give this.
Erica Henry
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was funny
Jerry
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Force is strong with these comics!

Star Wars fans will get a kick out of these single-page cartoons that poke fun at Lucas' space opera, including both the original trilogy and the prequels. If you prefer your sci-fi serious and dramatic, this isn't for you; however, those who love to laugh will have a blast with this.
Učitaj se!
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finished
Random collection of silly Star Wars cartoons. I really liked the first three books in this series, this one is just too random for me and not as funny as the rest.
Matthew
I worship Jeffrey Brown when it comes to his interpretation of Star Wars mixed in with comedy and I have found that every book that he has published reaches above and beyond the 5-Star rating for me but this book I did not feel that spark of enthusiasm. Probably this book is bit too young for me especially since the demographic is for children but I came across pages where it was difficult to understand the jokes so imagine a child who does not know or understand sarcasm to get the punch line of ...more
Sandra
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: creative-stuff, 2015
2.5*

Rounding up because I still enjoyed the illustrations. However, it was not as funny as the other books and most of it went over my head. Guess I'm not that much into SW then...
Lauren Stoolfire
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
These comics are so cute and imaginative!
Tres Trece
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
milking the cow
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Its star warsss and its just so fking cute.
You need a break from all the heck in the world read some cute books lol
Also great reads for your kids. Or nieces and nephews
Farah
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect score for the beautiful/cute illustration
Elizabeth
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This might be the best one of the series. Perhaps the broader scope left more room for creativity, but whatever the reason, this book is a lovely blend of charm and humor. It follows (loosely) the events of the movies in (loosely) chronological order. Very sweet.
Selena
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute. Funny and cute.

I love this series.
harlequin {Stephanie}
Very random, enjoyed the other books more.
Ilse
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned
I wanted to read something light, quick and funny and this was awesome haha.
Sooraya Evans
Jun 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
'Darth Vader and Son' was way better.
Sheila Beaumont
Like the others in this delightful series, this book of cartoons is great fun. But be warned: You have to be a real Star Wars geek to get all the jokes!
RumBelle
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, star-wars
Friendship is an integral part of the Star Wars Universe, we see it in so many ways. In this delightful comic, Brown takes that idea and highlights some of the most well known, little known, and unexpected friendships in a galaxy far, far, away.

The scenes in this book follow a loose chronological progression from the Prequels through the Original Trilogy. We see Boss Nass saying he would love to be friends with Padme. We see a group of Clone Trooper children talking about how...they really don'
Jaimie
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
There were definitely some laugh out loud moments from the comics in this book, but the collection didn’t strike me as being as strong as Brown’s first two efforts. It’s hard to top the hilarity of Vader’s Little Princess, but clearly as a trouble-causing daughter I’m a bit biased, but I did enjoy the addition of young Lando and Han, and little Chewie to the cast. I found the comics with Han to be the most amusing, not only because young Han isn’t very different than adult Han, but because Vader ...more
Emily
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I believe this is my favorite in this series. Boba Fett lobbing popcorn at Han in the movie theater was hilarious to me.
Monica
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious!!
Rachel
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this cute little Star Wars cartoons. Silly, adorable and funny :) Perfect little pick-me-up quick read!
حسناء
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I've last watched Star Wars when I was 13 . But I did like this
Heather
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute collection with a few laugh out loud comics.
Rachel Jackson
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute and fun. Not enough cohesion throughout; I would have preferred the comics to be more related to each other, or have more character continuity. I like the comics with Darth Vader and his kids best, and the others weren't as funny.

Except Emperor Palpatine. He could have a whole book.
Mayda
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This graphic novel is sure to delight Star Wars fans with its amusing one-page cartoons. We discover what Luke, Leia, Han, and their friends might have been like as kids. It’s obvious that their destiny lies in saving the galaxy and it is interesting to see everyone on the same side in these early years. Vader has his hands full with these imaginative kids and their friends. The humor lies in the fact that none of these antics really happened, but they might have, if they had remained as a happy ...more
Joey Alison Sayers
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed Darth Vader and Son and Vader's Little Princess, but I don't think I'm a big enough nerd with regards to The Star Wars to understand all the jokes. Easily half of them went over my head. In fairness, I have only seen four of the movies (see above re: nerdiness) so maybe this series will sail further and further above my head, aiming for the truly erudite Star Wars connoisseur, and leaving me in the dust.
Cale
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Another volume of cute cartoons that put Vader in a different light above a cast of Star Wars tykes. There are a couple genuine laughs here, and a lot that bring a warm smile to the face. The art is effective and cutesy. It's a light read that should please any level Star Wars fans (there are some nice in-jokes for fans with larger Star Wars backgrounds).
Andrew
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, i-own-this
The shtick is getting a bit tiring at this point. Its another book of one panel Star Wars gag strips. Some are clever, some are hilarious, some are dull. All have a very nice art style and personality.

I think Brown understands what makes these people love these characters so much.
Kari Korkow
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was more adorable than funny, though there were a few that got me chuckling. It took me five minutes to read and I don't know if I would re-read it but to collect the whole comic series, I might be tempted. Just adorable little cartoons.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Star Wars: Jedi Academy 5: The Force Oversleeps (Jedi Academy, #5)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Academy 4: A New Class (Jedi Academy, #4)
  • Star Wars: Age of Republic - Villains
  • Star Wars: ABC-3PO
  • Star Wars: Age of Republic - Heroes
  • Lady Stuff: Secrets to Being a Woman
  • Star Wars: Jedi Academy 6: The Principal Strikes Back (Jedi Academy, #6)
  • Revenge of the Sis (Jedi Academy, #7)
  • InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2)
  • Mooncakes
  • InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)
  • 99 Stormtroopers Join the Empire
  • Because a Little Bug Went Ka-choo!
  • A Question of Magic
  • Us
  • Plants vs. Zombies Volume 3: Bully For You
  • The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
  • Dumpling Days
Jeffrey Brown was born in 1975 in Grand Rapids, Michigan and grew up reading comic books with dreams of someday drawing them, only to abandon them and focus on becoming a 'fine artist.' While earning his MFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Brown abandoned painting and began drawing comics with his first autobiographical book 'Clumsy' in 2001. Since then he's drawn a dozen books fo ...more

Star Wars: Darth Vader and Kids (4 books)
  • Darth Vader and Son