Start by marking “One Perfect Wish” as Want to Read:
One Perfect Wish

One Perfect Wish

Playing the part of another man’s husband to fulfil a wish is easy, but what happens at midnight when the magical day is over?

Scott Baxter is a workaholic with no time for love, until a djinn pulls him out of his life and deposits him into the bed of Cameron Kirk. Cut off from his life, Scott isn’t happy about the idea of being forced to help the djinn grant an unspecified
Published January 2nd 2015 by Totally Bound (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about One Perfect Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Perfect Wish

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

Doesn't everyone want a djinn to bring them a husband who'll fuck them into oblivion, take them sledding, and cook them a Michelin-starred restaurant quality meal?

Scott doesn't even make a wish, yet it comes true.

This is a sizzling little fantasy about spending a day with a man you've just met only to realize he's the other half of your soul, the part that's been missing all along.

Don't even try to make sense of the time-bending aspect. This is a fairy tale with a snarky djinn, an alternate
SheReadsALot
A unicorn group review with Audrey, Ann, Lori and me can be found here:

With a range from 3- 3.75 hearts, we all liked it. My bit here, the others on the blog.

3.5 HEARTS
--The main reason why I wanted to read this story? Djinn!! I love genies. And modern day fairy tales. And "One Perfect Wish" delivered that. Scott Baxter goes to bed as a stressed, lonely businessman in a hotel and wakes up as a married man in an English countryside. He never met his husband, Cameron. Imagine waking up in bed nake
☆ Todd
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it

Suspending reality in 3... 2... 1... GO!

Workaholic Scott Baxter goes to sleep in his hotel and wakes up in a strange bed. With another (hot) man. And before he can even rub his 'magic lamp', there's also a djinn.

Magical ménage, girlfriends??? Uh, no, stop workin' the drawstring on your genie pants right there.

Neither Scott nor his pretend husband Cameron actually wished for a day of wedded, very conjugal bliss, but someone close to Cameron made the wish on his behalf after unwittingly acquiring
Ann
This one gets a collective - Awwwwwwwww!

Ok, this was an adorable fantasy tale that I just loved. The first half has Scott spending one day with Cameron to fulfill a wish made to a djinn. The wish has Cameron spending one day with his true love. Scott is naturally skeptical but resigns himself to just getting it over with so he can go back to his normal workaholic life once the djinn proves to him that he’s not going anywhere until midnight. He might as well make the most of his day. And who know
Heller
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, mm-pnr
This was a fun and sexy little magical frolic. A workaholic wakes up thrown into the role of a perfect stranger’s husband thanks to a wish that a djinn needs to fulfill. The magic is only supposed to last for a day and it was all puppies and Christmas until I got to the part where we found who made the wish…that got me right in the feels. There was an unexpected and clever twist that I never saw coming. Well done, L.M. Brown for taking an erotic short and adding an emotional layer that took this ...more
Adam
I loved the first half.

Then it got weird. And then even weirder. Which, given that the characters of this book defy laws of physics, is saying something.

description

But then there were those last few pages, and I was happy and back in sugarland.

description

Overall, this is a sweet low-angst read. Also, the amount of hot smexin' this author fit in to 61 pages is impressive. I'd definitely recommend this for anyone wanting a quick pick-me-up, with a side of magic.
Susan
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
What a cute cute story. It had such a fairy tale feel, with magic, soul mates and a fluffy HEA.

Read this if you want something short that will make you feel good.

Leaundra
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars...I thought it was cute and a sweet book. My only disappointment is I wish it would have been longer.
Jules Lovestoread
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Do you believe in magic? Sweet little read with a wonderful twist! <3
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description....

Hot fantasy fun, with a twist ;)

Sunny
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it
My brain protested certain details of the world building/magic even as my heart enjoyed this sweet, romantic, feel good story.

Side note:
Sledging threw me, my brain kept reading it as a typo. And the Minnesotan in me cringed at the thought of sledding in deep snow with jeans on. Snow pants, people!
Chris, the Dalek King
We are always told to be careful what you wish for, but what the hell are you supposed to do when you are not the one doing the wishing?

Scott Baxter’s life is…busy. He’s a workaholic, with little time for anything that isn’t being handed down to him from his boss. Even sleep. Then one day a djinn grants a wish for a perfect day with the man he loves. Problem is, Scott’s not the one doing the wishing so he has no clue what is going on when he wakes up in bed with a man claiming to be his husband.
Christy
4.5 Stars ~ I can be honest and admit when I first read the description for LM Brown's, 'One Perfect Wish', and I saw that it involved a djinn…well, all I could think about was that really creepy episode of The X-Files that featured a djinn. That was not a happy episode (yes, there were some), so I had high hopes that this short would keep me well entertained. Good thing I was right, huh?

I can imagine worse things than playing the spouse of a gorgeous man for one day of wedded bliss. Scott isn't
Pixie
I don’t really get into the whole magic, paranormal thing….
Lori
Dec 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: bmbr-reads
Review in Jan at BMBR.
V
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super lovely mystical, unrealistic and different love story. I loved it.
Audrey
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: man-love
3.5 stars. Once you suspend your belief in reality, it's very cute. :) Review on BMBR soon.
Adrienne -kocham czytać-
Sweet paranormal story about and a man finding his other half with the help of a djinn. Made me made me feel alternately high and low, but I knew it would all work out in the end. I definitely enjoyed this short read.
Alex
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, magic
surprisingly spectacular! discovered by chance but it was worth it! a magical story that made me sigh, laugh and cry so much. exciting and sweet as the main character of this story. long live to the happy ending! The only thing I didn't like? This novella was toooooooooo short!!!!!!!!
Simone
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: Review: One Perfect Wish by L.M. Brown

If you had a wish all of your own, what would it be? Remember, you only get one wish and it should count. This is the plot of One Perfect Wish, a wish that was unexpectedly offered and granted. It made a whole lot of difference in the life of Scott and changed him for the better.

Waking up cuddled in the arms of his husband was a huge surprise for Scott. For one thing, Scott does not do relationships so how could he suddenly have a husband
Joyfully Jay
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jason
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true. I am not sure what to classify this story as, fantasy/contemporary? In any work of fiction I start, I naturally suspend my disbelief, mostly because whatever happens in the stories I read will rarely mirror real-life and with good reason. Real-life is boring and repetitive for the most part.

What I found about One Perfect Wish is that Brown took into account the trickle down effect, one action invariably leads to anot
Pansy
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a delightfully sweet little read! A lovely fantasy of a story that was the perfect after holiday read.

Imagine waking up and finding yourself in bed with your soul mate, the other half of yourself. But, you have never met him. He knows you very well. After all, according to him, you have been married for six months. You don’t know whether to run or kick back and enjoy yourself. Before you can decide, a djinn shows up and says you are living someone’s wish. You have no choice in the matter,
Cathy Brockman
I have to say for a short story this packs a big punch. I was expecting a very sweet but predictable story. You know men meet, have sex, and fall in love, happy at least for now. Wow! was I floored.
It started out pretty much that way. We met Scott that was magically taken form his motel bed and dropped in the bed of another man, Cameron. His instructions are very vague, but he can’t leave for 24 hours, after that he goes back to his old life but retains the memory of this one day.

Cameron, Scot
Curtis
Scott Baxter isn't sure what to think when he wakes up in Cameron Kirk's bed and is referred to has his husband. Scott's never met Cameron before, and he would certainly remember getting married. He soon learns he's been put there by a djinn; he's been sent to give Cameron a perfect day with his husband, the love of his life. Scott finds this hard to believe. How can he be the love of someone's life if the two of them have never met? As the day goes on, though, Scott starts to see how the two of ...more
Lily

I liked the "genie" aspect of the story, very different from my usual reads.
Dee Wy
Dec 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Very sweet romance that got a little sappy towards the end. The djinn part was a bit out there, but it worked for the story.
Anja
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, b-f
Too much sex in such a short story. Was also disappointed in the reveal and resolution.
Agatha Bird
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5
Is
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'll disregard all the unplausible things that happened and just fall in love with what could be.
If only.....
« previous 1 3 next »
Totally Bound Pub...: 5 Stars for One Perfect Wish by L.M. Brown 1 3 Jan 05, 2015 05:02AM
I live in England, in a quaint little village that time doesn't seem to have touched. No, wait a minute- that's the retirement biography. Right now I am in England in a medium sized town that no one has ever heard of, so I won't bore you with the details. Keeping me company are numerous sexy men. I just wish that they weren't all inside my head.

Please note, L.M. Brown is no longer active on Goodre