Start by marking “Becoming Somebody (Witness, #2)” as Want to Read:
Becoming Somebody (Witness, #2)

Becoming Somebody

(Witness #2)

What happens when everything you thought you knew suddenly changes with a few simple words?

When Samantha Connelly fell hard for the one person that could rip her world apart she wasn’t prepared for the bomb he would later drop on her. With a few words, Brian completely turned her world upside down and sent her into an emotional spiral.

Forced to leave town once again, she
Published (first published March 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Becoming Somebody, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming Somebody

Start your review of Becoming Somebody (Witness, #2)
Eye Candy Bookstore
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
** This is book two of The Witness Series and should be read after book one**

I hope you are reading this review after having read book one, because I don’t want to give away any spoilers for book one…

I love this series. It is suspenseful, dramatic, and hot, everything I love in a great book and series. Sam, (aka Mallory, Emily, Jennifer) has been relocated again… and this time, it’s after she finally found something worth fighting for…. Brian.

Sam is a strong, independent character,
Kat Loves
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No, no, no and just NO!!!! The first book ended on a cliff hanger but that was nothing compared to the way this one ends. I mean seriously, you can't end a book like that, with my heart in my shoes. It's just not fair!!
Ok, so my little pity party is sort of done now so I will tell you about this book.

This one picks up where the first one ends and Sam is in Vegas living yet another life. It kind of jumps forward a few years and Sam gets the news that she is finally free and no longer needs the
Lilly Heart
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book but I love the second more. The way the clichanger was left in book one, I didn't know how things would or could turn out right. But the amazing writer Heather D'Agostino did not disappoint at all.
I was shocked when I found out how long it had been for Sam and Dev but the writer made it work.
It was a brilliant second book to the first book and I seriously can't wait for Jace and Tiffany's story.
I recommend this book as this is a really great love story that has ups and
Diane Holtry
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: purchased
The heat is back on between Sam and Devlin - Heather D'Agostino knows how to set the pages on fire, that's for sure! This book seems to be more about them finding their HEA than his job or her past. I missed the suspense and thrill from the first book.

I get the connection between Sam and Dev but I felt bad for Andy - call me crazy. For me, it set the stage where it appeared as though Sam used him as a convenient baby daddy - for me that was out of character for her.

All in all I enjoyed
Skye Turner
This is the 2nd book in the Witness Series and it answers many questions while taking you on a ride.
It also leaves you with questions, but I know that they'll be answered in the next installment.
I really enjoyed the book. It has action, adventure, romance, some twists and turns, some sexy, and a little bit of frustration in it.
If you loved the first book, then you want to continue the journey with Becoming Somebody.
Thoroughly enjoyable read and I recommend the series!
4.5 stars!
Theresa Vultaggio
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Must read book 1 (Being Nobody) in order to understand book 2. Without giving too much away, there a lot going on in this book and you will be lost without reading book 1. Can lost loves truly be reunited? Can we all find out Happily Ever Afters? Sam, Mallory, Dev and Brian are all connected. But how? Who is actually who? And what other big secrets are being hidden? Once again, I loved this book and look forward to the next one.
Hopelessly Hooked on Books
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so thankful for having a chance to review this story. I fell in love with Being Nobody and waited impatiently for Becoming Somebody. It was so full of emotions. My heart broke for Sam and Dev the whole way through. I am hopin that there will be more of there story after Tiff and Jace's story that is next in line. Thank you Heather for allowing me the chance to review you fabulous stories
Rhonda
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had to continue

I got a portion of the first book on black Friday. Then I realized how great t hi is series is. Now it's left me on a cliff hanger. Ugh. Love this author and this series. The author seems to just bring you in with excitement of what will happen next.
Rhonda
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You sucked me in again with another one of your books. I couldn't put it down. Looking forward to the next one in the series.
Dana Busenbark
Watching as Samantha continues to try and figure out who she is and what she wants is really a neat thing. Watching her become involved with Andy, was different. When she left and went back to Chicago, I had to cheer for her. Who is Mara Ford? Who is the mysterious person on the motorcycle that keeps popping up when Samantha goes back to Chicago? Where does she end up moving to? What is the outcome of this? Will she ever see Brian or Dev again? You're going to have to read to see what happens. ...more
Zoe
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a very good story, the chemistry between Sam and Dev was palpable, and respect to the author for a really fun read.
But a lot of the tension felt forced, scenes put in to further the story were just feeling irrelevent to the overall novel, and a lot of it is just not how the real world and reality works.
Also feel like book 1 and 2 could've just been combined, as I read them so quick and I feel like I've hardly even read a full story after reading both.
Jane Reid-Roberts
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Becoming Somebody

I bought this book to find out what happened with Sam and Dev. It was interesting up to a point but mostly it had sex scenes which didn't add the book in any way. The book was a tease so you would want to read the 3rd novel. It was very short and kind of disappointing with not much substance .
Kassandra Bozeman
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
JoAnne Roy
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I read this book as I enjoyed the first one so much, although I enjoyed reading this book it wasn't as good as the first one. I felt it took a long time to get the characters together and then the ending felt rush. I'm hoping that the characters pop up in future books so we can find out more!
Nicola
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Started and finished this book in one sitting. Loved it. Glad I got to follow Mallory and Brian and their journey.
Rita
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the first book
Lisa
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You can find more reviews Mademoisellesnow Blog
Forced to leave Brian and the life that she was building Samantha rebuilds her life in Vegas with her new family. It’s been 4 years and she’s got a daughter to take care of. But when the men that have been threatening her life since she was 7 years old has been safely locked away for the first time in her life it means that she can finally have the life that she had always dreamed about. On her way back to the town where it all started with Brian or
Reckless Readers
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow did NOT see the beginning of this book happening!!! Sam is living under a new identity and has been for four years yet she isn't with Dev. I thought for sure he would have found her by then but she actually has been dating someone else. She has a very large secret she is keeping from Dev and when he finds out you feel his pain at her not coming out and telling him. It's up and down, push and pull for these two that are perfect for each other yet something is always in the way. I absolutely ...more
Jen
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: This ebook was provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions in exchange for an honest review.

Becoming Somebody is the sequel to Being Nobody in author H. D'Agostino's Witness series. The story picks up immediately after the events in the first book by way of the prologue, but then skips ahead four years in the first chapter. Before I get into the nitty-gritty of my review, I'm going to go ahead and warn you that you need to have already read the first book if you're going to read my
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I will post a review closer to release date BUT.....
If you liked this 1st book you NEED to read this to find out about Mallory/Sam and Mr. Hottie Federal Agent.

Heather leaves you with a MINI Cliffy which annnnny fan of her writing will be stunned that you dont wanna kick her under the table......

But really I loved Loved Loved reading and cant wait to Blab about it to everyone.......

Review----------------

I received this book from the author for an honest opinion.

If you follow my reviews you know
Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
Becoming Somebody is the follow up to Being Nobody. You must read the first book before you read this story. While I think you would be able to follow the story okay, I don't think you will fully grasp the story and the characters of you don't. If you haven't read book one, stop reading this review. There are spoilers to book one in this review.

For the most part I really enjoyed this book. I felt that the author kept the story at a good pace which kept me interested. It's a great follow up to
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

Heather D’Agostino is the best at leaving you hanging at the end of her boons waiting and wanting to know what will happen. Becoming Somebody is the second in her Witness Series. If you have not read Being Nobody put this down and hurry read Being Nobody first.

Becoming Somebody starts with Sam once again having her life turned up side down and whisked away from the love of her life. Moving to a new town, a new name and a new life she is forced
Pratr- Authors
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

At last.... we get the more of Sam and Dev as the Witness series heats up in book two. This book was really good but does end on a mild cliffhanger that had me begging for more. This book was sweet, sexy, and was a beautiful love story about second chances. At the end of book one, Sam had to leave and Dev couldn't go. This book opens up FOUR years later so much has changed...

This is the continuation of Sam and Dev's story. It's been a long time since she has had contact with Dev.
Mari
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Sam, She has been strong from the beginning. Sam had to run again and leave Dev behind. She needed a new name, a job and a new place to stay. Start all over AGAIN. Dev promised he would find her. Sam had a new boss, he was nice and Sam was grateful for that. Sam has moved on in a sense but not completely. She was still waiting for Dev, her heart belonged to him. 4 years have past and Kevin called her and he needed to talk to her. She was scared she thought she was going to have to run ...more
Renee Entress
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story flowed well and kept me interested in the story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Being Nobody (Witness, #1)

This is Sam and Brian (Dev)’s story. Sam is finally out of the witness program and is going to live her life like she always wanted to. First she has to figure out where to live and how she will make an income. It has been 4 years since she had
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Becoming Somebody is a good read. It can not be read as a standalone, you must read Being Nobody first. This one is really hard to review because I don't want to give any spoilers.

When Becoming Somebody starts, some time has past since the first book ended. Sam is still in the witness protection program and it looks like she may have moved on with her life. Sam has some things that Brian doesn't know because she doesn't know where he is. Sam gets some great news and is able to return to
She Hearts Books
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sam/Mallory has been relocated again. but that doesn't mean there isn't some serious drama happening. Her story will have you on the edge of your seat with all the suspense. Brian/Dev is worth her fighting for though. Just when she thinks everything has calmed down when she is given the all clear to return to her life, Brian ends up leaving her which tore me up for her. Thing is Brian has some secrets of his own. There are some serious twists in this story and I loved every bit of it. I can't ...more
Kristi Metcalf
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pins and needles

I've have been waiting for what seems like forever for this book and now that I finished it I'm on pins and needles again!! I think D'Agostino must have been a evil person In a past life who gets their jollys now by writing awesome books that hook you in and then makes you wait for the next one!!
Sam and Dev are definitely soulmates, they belong together. I can't wait to see what Jase and Tess have in store for us and for Dev to come HOME!!!!
book junkie
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book but I was so mad that they were apart for so long and I hope this is not the ending for Sam and Dev as I am missing more of their story... I feel it just ends and I have more questions than answers... I cant wait for book 3 for Jase and Tiff's story but Im hoping there is more sam and Dev in their story....

• Men Under Fire (Grayce Walters, #3)
  • Nothing to Fear (Blackbridge, #1)
  • Smolder (Firefighters of Montana, #1)
  • Trouble in a Tight Dress (Six Points Security, #1)
  • Red Blooded: Trey, Jack, Jimmy (Red Hot & Blue #1-3)
  • Dead of Winter (Aspen Falls #1)
  • Security Risk (Pelican Bay Security Book 1)
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • Vow of Retribution (Vow, #1)
  • Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)
  • Larger Than Life (Smithson Group SG-5 #2)
  • Brody's Redemption (Small Town Scandals #1)
  • Jockeys and Jewels (Racetrack Romance, #3)
  • Ethan (The K9 Files #1)
  • When You Were Mine (Stone Lake, #2)
  • Letting You Go (Stone Lake #1)
  • Dangerously Taken (Aegis Group Lepta Team #1)
  • Secret Acquisitions (Bad Boy Capital, #1)
Heather D’Agostino is an avid reader turned Bestselling Author of the Contemporary Romance Series The Broken Series, The Shattered Series, The Second Chances Series, The Cook Brothers Series, and Romantic Suspense series The Witness Series.

She attended the University of North Carolina at Charlotte where she received a Bachelor’s of Arts in Elementary Education with a minor in Mathematics.

She

Witness (7 books)
  • Being Nobody (Witness, #1)
  • Promise Me Tomorrow (Witness, #3)
  • Say You Remember (Witness, #4)
  • Below the Surface (The Witness #5)
  • Crash and Burn (The Witness #6)
  • On Broken Wings (The Witness #7)