Start by marking “Moods of Motherhood: The inner journey of mothering” as Want to Read:
Moods of Motherhood: The inner journey of mothering

Read Excerpt

Moods of Motherhood: The inner journey of mothering

Moods of Motherhood charts the inner journey of motherhood, giving voice to the often nebulous, unspoken tumble of emotions that motherhood evokes: tenderness, frustration, joy, grief, anger, depression and love.

She explores the taboo subjects of maternal ambiguity, competitiveness, and the quest for perfection, offering support, acceptance, and hope to mothers everywhere
Paperback, 2nd, 268 pages
Published November 20th 2014 by Womancraft Publishing (first published October 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Moods of Motherhood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moods of Motherhood

Summer Thorp-lancaster
I don't even know where to begin....each page of this book contains another piece of truth, a moment of time captured evocatively that speaks to my soul on a level I never thought a "stranger" could. All at once, her words make me laugh, cry, breathe sighs of relief and wish to hug her. This book is gold mine of must-read loveliness that I think any/every mama will enjoy as well as find truth in.
Molly
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-books
Loved it! Funny, honest, touching. Brief essays about motherhood compiled from author's blog and magazine articles.
Jo Jowett
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this was a book I could've read in one sitting if time had allowed. an honest account of all the, sometimes overwhelming emotions of motherhood. beautifully written and there were many times I thought, thank goodness I'm not alone!
Grace
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! I felt like she was writing exactly what is on my heart as a mother. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it was a little new-agey.
Sweetpea
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the GoodReads First Reads program in exchange for an honest review. Great read, a book that mothers of all ages will enjoy.
Sue Heartly
Aug 01, 2013
Justine Higgins
Jul 20, 2016
Laura Olmus
rated it did not like it
Apr 12, 2019
Aug 05, 2017
Gail
Sep 05, 2015
Lucy Pearce
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Alessandra
May 22, 2019
Lucy Pearce
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Emma
Amy
Jan 30, 2013
Melanie
Dec 04, 2014
Lucy H. Pearce is the author of many non-fiction books for women and girls.

Burning Woman - an incendiary initiation to feminine power is her most recent and is blazing trails with its powerful words, a #1 Amazon bestseller in Women and History.

The Rainbow Way: Cultivating Creativity in the Midst of Motherhood was a #1 Amazon bestseller in Creativity and motherhood in the US and UK. it has been cr
“Day surfing is the act of filling a day with no money, and no plans, seeing where you wash up: head into town, start at the library, then onto the pet shop, watch the road construction team working, a run in the park, listen to a busker. Day surfing is a much larger challenge at home, where it can often be white knuckle survival.” 2 likes