Start by marking “Heave Ho!” as Want to Read:
Heave Ho!

Heave Ho!

Preview the book at http://www.joselucio.com/#heavehoread

Heave Ho! is a children's book about teamwork and outside-the-box thinking. When a cheerful little worm pops his head up above ground, he is surprised and grabbed by a hungry bird. The worm must get help from his other worm friends, but the bird has help too...which leads to an intense tug-of-war battle. The battle
Paperback, 1st, 32 pages
Published November 15th 2014 by Annelidical Books

To ask other readers questions about Heave Ho!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heave Ho!

MrsK Books
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a delightful tale. Reminiscent of the Russian folktale, The Turnip, this story is about a happy little worm traveling outside its tunnel to play. Remember the saying, "An early bird gets the worm," which I don't believe anyone bothered to tell the little worm, well let's just say that there is a curious black bird looking for something good to eat. As that black bird nabs our happy little worm... let's just say it will take a bit of ingenuity to end this "tug-of-war."

On the black bird's te
Nora
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The early bird catches the worm and in Lucio's story it becomes an all out tug of war!

Teamwork and wits are apparent in the fun little Goodreads Giveaway win.

With a little push and pull this book will become one that will burrow into your heart.
Charles
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book for children has a nice theme, even though it is about a bird trying to grab a worm for food, the worm does not become a meal. Young children can be disturbed by creatures being eaten, even though that is the way of the natural world.
The plot of the book is a tug-of-war between a group of worms and the odd combination of a bird, cat and dog pulling on the other side. The outcome is whether the worm will be eaten. One of the worms demonstrates some outside the box thinking that leads
Alexis
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I really enjoyed this book. It has a very simple text and story line good for preschoolers. The characters are cute and I really love the way they are made up of real images. I also like the way the story is sandwiched between illustrations of worms heading up and down. The only thing that bothered me slightly was where some of the words overlapped with blades of grass. I would have liked this text a centimeter or two higher, but its a minor thing. Overall i like it!

*I received a copy of this bo
Leslie Fisher
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
**** Received for free as part of Goodreads First Reads ****

This was a really cute children's book. I liked the messages of teamwork and thinking outside the box. The illustration style was cute - a combination of drawing (for lack of a better term) and a sort of collage of photos for the animals. The book is short, but entertaining, and my preschool/kindergarten-age children enjoyed it.
Msjennifers Corner
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was a winner of a free copy of this book. Sometimes, you worry that they won't be very good but this book was adorable. I have added it to our library shelves and the kids who took it have liked it. We even read it at story time. It is a very simple story but the idea is cute and the illustrations are good as well. I'm glad I entered the contest. I really did win!
Noelani
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
As Goodreads First Reads Winner- I was very please with this book. The easy text allows new readers to follow along. My son who is an advance reader at 5yrs enjoyed this book. As he read the story, we discussed what might happen next. It was a great start to our summer reading!!
Kim Hampton
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A really cute story! What happens when worms play tug of war with animals? You'll have to read to find out!
Callie
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
***Goodreads First Reads Winner**** This is a great children's book with a great message of teamwork!
Courtney McQueen
Mar 02, 2015
The Book Box
Aug 06, 2017 added it
Shelves: own
Mama and I have read this book several times. I love the worms!
Sandara Barcos