Start by marking “The North” as Want to Read:
The North

The North

(Plan Z #1)

Breakout. Escape the City. Stay Alive.

Sixteen-year-old David Simmons is on a mission to save his eight-year-old sister. In a smoldering world infested with walking cadavers, the survivors of Simmons infantry reserve unit are going hatches down in a pair of armoured personnel carriers and everyone knows that it’s only a matter of time until their fuel runs dry.
Published (first published September 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The North, please sign up.
Sean Cummings There will be. I am working on it and would expect something in 2018. Sorry for the delay!!

Linda Poitevin
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved so much about this book, I don’t even know where to start. The story is about what the world looks like after the zombie apocalypse — and it’s not pretty. Our hero is a 16-year-old kid who’s in charge of a group of army cadets who have holed up in the city until now, but if they’re going to survive, they have to get out…and the zombies (or creeps, as they’re called in the novel) are just the beginning of their problems in doing so.

The post-apocalyptic world that Cummings has
All in all it was a pretty decent zombie novel. I have a few little complaints, but nothing that kept me from reading this and wanting to know what was going to happen next. I liked the kids in the book. They felt older than what they really were, not sure if teens would really behave in that way, but then they did have a military mentor. What grabbed me was that it takes place in Canada. And a part of Canada I know and have been . I have family in Calgary, which is the starting point (although ...more
Amanda Kool
I really enjoyed this book for what it was; a YA military/horror jaunt. The undead were handled really well as were the communities the characters encountered on their retreat from the city populated by "creepers". The writing was clean and the characters believable. The only thing that jarred for me was the ages of the core characters. They seemed much older in mannerisms and speech for their actual ages. They referred to themselves as N00bs, but were able to successfully combat any military ve ...more
Wancket Enterprises
One more

This book needs a sequel. I want to find out what happens to the teens. I wasn't going to read this book at first because it was about teens, but the reviews were good, so I read it. I'm glad I did. It's really interesting story and well written. The characters and situations are well developed and holds ones interest. Good work Mr. Cummings!
Jessica
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really tactical look at the zompoc. I really enjoyed it too becuase I live in the area in which it was based, and it's really well described. The characters are heartbreaking, mess up, and ARE messed up.
Ebony
I wanted to give this 5 stars but I don't think too many 16 year old know as much about weapons and tactics as this kid does. That said, I couldn't put it down. I love Z apocalypse books and set in Canada is an added bonus. (I'm from Canada, eh) can't wait for the next installment.
Georgianna Price
Interesting Book

I've never read anything from this author before, but I liked North and I can't wait for more! Great characters and well guided plot.
Brian Switzer
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a fresh take on a popular genre

I thought The North was a good read. At first the I was put off by all the military jargon- I felt I was reading a pamphlet written by the military for it's soldiers. But as the story developed and the characters came to life the jargon became less noticeable.

The author really did a bang up job of bringing the protagonist to life- his thoughts and actions are rich and life like, and the in his quandaries about leading his team, protecting his sister and making
Andrew
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. An okay storyline and good details about the plans and actions of the crew members, but sometimes the details bogged the story down. The next book should focus on character development a little more - see if he can get the reader to care more about what happens to them. Overall, okay, but room for improvement.
Tazitazitazi
This book gives nothing new or at least interesting in this tidal wave of zombie books that is flooding us lately. It has to many technical army expressions and characters are unconvincing (they should be children but act like full grown ups).
Amanda
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

Really enjoyable read! Fast paced and thrilling. Looking forward to that next book. Hopefully there are at least two more.
Dave
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 4.5 stars!
CHRISTINE WORKMAN
Great book

Hope you can write faster than waiting for October of 2015. This is a really good book, keeps your attention going.
Velvetink
Feb 26, 2016
diane nelson forte
Feb 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sean Cummings is a bestselling fantasy author with published works ranging from traditional urban fantasy (Shade Fright, Funeral Pallor) to a blend of dark fantasy and superheroes. (Marshall Conrad: A Superhero Tale)

2012 saw the publication of Sean's first young adult novel. POLTERGEEKS is a rollicking story about teen witch Julie Richardson, her dorky boyfriend and a race against time
“Your brother is never going to leave you. Ever.” I whispered in her ear. She hugged me back and said, “That’s what big brothers are for, aren’t they?” 0 likes
“15.” 0 likes