Start by marking “Vampyre Doll” as Want to Read:
Vampyre Doll

Vampyre Doll

(Velicious #1)

Justice Labelle always had her life perfectly planned. Her goals were to graduate from the University with exceptional grades and get into the best law school Canada has to offer.

Then one day, Justice tried to kill herself. Well, not her technically. It may have been her body, but those actions weren't intentional and the suicidal thoughts were not hers. Or, so she keeps t
Published April 7th 2014 by DiamondARES

To ask other readers questions about Vampyre Doll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampyre Doll

Runningrabbit
Kindle Unlimited if you fancy checking out more paranormal book go to www.facebook.com/ParanormalBookFest

I ummed and ahhed whether to show this one up as a 4 star or 5, my rating is a 4.5. This was well done, the editing wasn't that bad for an indie (although I still correct all the phonetic errors in my mind). I enjoyed the protagonist's character and really, really enjoyed the fact that when she made bad decisions she knew it, and has no qualms looking back and going 'that was really stupid'.

T
Dianne
Did it all start with the visit to the psychic on her twenty-first birthday? Justice’s life just became a thing of fantasy, dark fantasy and no one in their right mind would believe her if she told them about it, or would they? When the psychic said her night would be filled with surprises, she would meet someone who was her destiny and she would die within a year, well, of course, she was disbelieving, but now, two out of three things have happened and just maybe the sands of time are running o ...more
J. Kahele
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Justice is thrown into a world she never knew existed even though surrounded her the whole time. She is confused, frightened.

This book had everything a psychic who told Justice that things would happen to her, one she would meet a handsome stranger secondly she would die within the year, talk about the good with the bad!
The book continues you on as her ex Calvin enters her life again and she realizes he still has feelings for her, to make it worst she meets her handsome stranger, his name Dante,
Hannah smith
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shadow hunters meets the vampire diaries I think, is a little confusing but good plot
Fangs for the Fantasy
Jan 31, 2015 rated it did not like it
Justice is going to college and trying to move on past a terrifying experience in her past – but when she visits a psychic on her 21st birthday, it’s a herald of old events returning and a whole new world of vampyres and hunters opening up to her.

She can’t go back to a normal life, however she tries to, but at least there are plenty of sexy guys along the way

I think what this book needed more than anything else was a proof reader and an editor – the lack of both shows sadly and it really hurts t
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Justice was turning 21 today. Her sister Mya had a surprise for her. She was taking her to see a psychic. Oh joy! Not. Justice didn’t believe in those kinds of things. What she learns from her “reading” is that one, she will meet a handsome stranger and it shall be destiny. Two, she will die within a year. Her night was going to be full of surprises. Her ex Calvin shows up at her party. She couldn’t believe he showed up thinking she would be happy to see him. Justice tries to get away and ends u ...more
Geneva Handleman
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Velicious by Shelique Lize was an excellent choice for me as an Independent Reviewer for Paranormal Books and Authors that Rock. I completely and thoroughly enjoyed every word. Justice is drawn into a world she never knew existed even though it was all around her the entire time. She is confused, tormented, but far from suicidal, as the doctors seem to be convinced. Of course, they don't realize the manipulations that have been used against her.

The author kept me turning pages, her story and her
Jay Douglass
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read many books about vampires and some are done well and some not so much.

This one is the former. The dialogue is for grownups and the plot sophisticated with intricate characters.
Without sounding to cliche-ish it really is a page turner.

There is no filler like some authors tend to do or repetitive plotlines.
The cadence of the pacing of the storyline is almost rhythmic, another reason you'll have a hard time putting it down.

The imagery at times is graphic which is not over the top but rath
Christina Luberts
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was not sure on if I was going to like this book, because the first few chapters just did not make sense to me. Than all of a sudden I could not put the book down. What is going to happen to Jessica? Who is she going to pick to protect her? Who is she going to love? Can she accept everything that is happening? I would suggest this book for teens and young adults to read. I received a arc copy for my honest review.
Catina Lewis
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am really glad I got to read this book. I know I am late on the review because I was moving and I finally got internet today. So now I can do this review and many many more. So bear with me while I tell you all about this book muhaha.

Justice (which is a great choice of a name btw) is turning 21 and her sister Mya wants to take her out to have fun and party. But before they go anywhere she takes her to a psychic and she tells her this crazy stuff about meeting a man and it is her destiny and sh
Andretta Schellinger
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
There are some places that were confusing and had some issues with grammar and syntax but for me it did not take away from the book to such an extent that I could not finish it.

The book starts with hunters going after this creature that apparently takes over a human body. This will come back into play later so remember the people and the creature.

So the book then flashes to Justice, the main character of the book on the eve of her birthday spending some family required time with a therapist. Fol
Melissa
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Great Paranormal Read
Never having read this author, I wasn't sure what to expect, but with the lure of the paranormal, I had to give it a shot. I am glad that I did. The author has written a story with a great and unique plot, and is also very unique with her verbiage. I really ended up loving this book. I admit that I wasn't sure at first because it was kind of a slow starter in my opinion, but keep going because it gets really good! First let me say that I love the name of the main character
Connie Anderson
WOW! THIS BOOK BLEW MY MIND! It begins with Calvin and Jessica chasing a parasitic monster inside of a human's dying body (that is after a girl escapes a sexy man's lair). Fast forward to Justice Labelle, sorority sister. She attempted suicide, or did she? She gets cryptic and confounding news from her sister's psychic on the eve of her 21st birthday. The predictions start to make sense at her birthday party when she is slammed into a jerk who can't watch where he is going. Who is this ass and w ...more
Karen Shortridge
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this for my honest review. you get to know Justice, who is having trouble with her life between classes at a prestigious law school, dealing with a house of her sorority sisters, and troubles with her ex-boyfriend Calvin, she really didn’t need a force from somewhere inside her directing her to kill herself. Justice has to convince her family and her therapist that she isn’t crazy or suicidal, she was doing well until her sister takes her to a psychic for her birthday and the psychic ...more
Marjorie
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Given To Me For An Honest Review

Velicious: Is Sadistically & Irresistibly, Delicious! by Shelique Lize is her debut novel and a page turner. Once you open the book, it's going to grab you and hold you down real tight and you'll watch those pages turn and turn and turn some more until you reach the last page. You'll find twists and turns as you read. Be sure that you have your seatbelt on because you will be going on a wild adventure. The story does start out a bit slow but when it picks up y
Paranormal Books R Us
Justice's life has been off kilter ever since the night she heard the the voice in her head but she never expected just how crazy things would become after the night she went to see a psychic. Now with the psychic's grim prediction starting to coming true Justice is running out of time to figure out just what is really going on before it's too late.

For me the layout of the story is a bit scattered and some of the wording is a bit hard to follow. There were so many characters introduced I also ha
Jane
My favorite part of Velicious Part One was when Mya took Justice to see the psychic and what happened with her reading. This started the strange and twisted events in her life.

Two guys looking out for Justice but not being able to get together to protect her added alpha vibs to the story that was hot.

Velicious Part One was not what I expected but it was much better.

I received a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Virginia Lee
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Shelique Lize . We meet the characters Justice who is unable to get a hold of what is happening in her life. When you told certain things are to happen in your life and now becoming true. Will Justice have to chose between Calvin back into her life or the mysterious stranger Dante. Recommend this book can’t wait to read more
Michelle Austin
description

Velicious was a good 4.5 star read.

On her 21st birthday Justice’s sister Mya talks her into going to a psychic . During the reading something bizarre happens. Normally the psychic can see ten years ahead but with Justice it was only one. Who in their right mind tells someone to embrace the unknown -whatever that means - and then turns around and says, I can’t tell you about the unknown?

She will meet a mysterious sexy man that she is tied to. When she meet
Cynthia
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has all kinds of triggers way to many to name. But that being said it will rock your world!

It has twists coming from left field you just do not see. I mean who is the mystery vamp who made her a doll. What was K-17 ? Why was it after the boy.. and why was it always needing new bodies and just did not pick any and stayed in Erin instead of not picking anyone random from the compass?

This book does end in a cliff hanger, I am just sorry to say that while this book is packed full of stuf
Caitlin
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. I really like the main character, Justice and her group of friends. I'm glad that it isn't a clear cut paranormal romance. This book doesn't just have vampires and it doesn't appear that the main character is a simpering Virgin (thank goodness).
I enjoy the mystery with Erin's character and I'm interested in finding out how that will play out.
I really enjoyed this book and I will continue to read the rest of the series!

***I received a copy of this book from Voracious Reade
Kaye
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT!!!
Wonderfully written, easy to follow, smooth flowing, a great storyline with surprises at every turn. Unpredictable twists that captivates your attention from the very beginning. Realistic scenes, nailbiting, frozen to the edge of your seat, eyes ensnared by the pages. You're hooked and held prisoner till the end. Emotions run high, adrenaline rush, heart pumping on a wild ride. Shelique did an amazing job bringing this read to life
Michele
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a different cover from the Amazon site. I really enjoyed this book. From the cover I was expecting on thing and got another. Never a dull page. There are some authors you would like to know how they get the ideas. This is Shelique. She grabs your attention and keeps it with one twist after another. Does have a cliffhanger and can't wait for next book.
Scarolet Ellis
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was told to leave an honest review and here it is. I love this book I just couldn't put it down till I was finished with it. Shelique Lize is such a wonderful writer and I highly recommend this book and author to everyone. I can't wait till the next book. I could barely put the book down man I can't wait till the next one.Shelique Lize is a wonderful author i will read any books of hers.
Renee
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT?! Cliffhanger!!!

Really did not think I was going to like this book ,but WOW!! Justice the main character is tough and funny and all around awesome! You also will have a love hate relationship with Dante but if you like bad boys like me you'll love him! So stoked to be starting book2!
Jackie
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Justice had her life planned or so she thought. She had visited a psychic on her 21st birthday and was told interesting things would happen in a year. Two out of three have happened, is she doomed to die as the third thing. She thought she was crazy, but things start happening. A great read, not to be missed
Deb Barringer
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(This book is also known as Vampyre Doll) Vampyre Doll is the first book I've read from this author and I am hooked. Full of intrigue, twists, danger, and forbidden sexual desires, Vampyre Doll takes you on a wild ride with Justice as her whole world turns inside out and upside down. The ending is a bit of a cliffhanger so I definitely will be reading books 2 of the series.
Tera Comer
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This was the first book that I have read by this author and I must say that they now have a new follower. Poor Justice has her life turned upside down thanks to the birthday gift she got from her sister. Plenty of action, suspense and surprises that kept me reading till the last page. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
A_MOTUS
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Good plot and an interesting universe but a huge lack of proof-reading that made following the flow laborious. Too bad that such potential went to the gutter because it was published without a good (and double) correction.
Carrie K-Ski
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. The story jumps between different characters POV's with some from the past letting us get to know them. It has a good plot that keeps you interested.

I enjoyed Velicious and look forward to part two.

*I was given a copy of this book and volunteered to lean honest rev*
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Animal
  • Stake-Out (Paranormal Detectives #1)
  • Blood Bound (Gallows, #1)
  • Descent of Blood (The Red Veil Series Book 1)
  • Bitterroot: Part 1
  • Saving Margaret (Vegas Mates, #2)
  • The Vampire's Pet (The Vampyr, #1)
  • The Vampire King's Mate (Fate of Imperium, #2)
  • The Prophecy (A Dragon's Tale, #1)
  • Bite
  • Gather the Sentient (The Sevens Prophecy, #2)
  • Forgotten Legends
  • Demon Vampire (Redgold, #1)
  • Sweet Chaos (Kali Sweet, #2)
  • Dark Designs
  • Taken (Ava Delaney #4)
  • Half Past the Witching Hour (Paranormal Personnel Saga, #3)
  • Jade's Descent (Delacourt Saga, #2)
Shelique Lize is a mother of two beautiful baby girls, and a wife to the luckiest man on the planet. It took her five years to write Velicious, but once her first daughter was born, she decided to revisit the world that she had created. Falling in love with her characters all over again, she wanted to finish their story. Velicious Part Two was written in half the time.

Shelique loves anything to do

Velicious (3 books)
  • Feral Doll
  • Wicked Doll: Book Three In The Velicious Series
“My fangs extended then, automatically, like her voice were a fang charmer, and I followed impulsively, thinking about blood.” 0 likes
“Hurrying back into the rouge lighting in sheer terror, Amelia ran without another word, escaping into the shadows of the dungeon, and she shrieked for salvation that never came.” 0 likes