Start by marking “This Other Country (More Heat Than the Sun, #4)” as Want to Read:
This Other Country (More Heat Than the Sun, #4)

This Other Country

(More Heat Than the Sun #4)

Nikolas is the sanest, straightest, person he knows, so can anyone tell him, why he's on a gay therapy course?

Nikolas Mikkelsen could make a very long list of unpleasant things he's endured in his life. Then order it from 'nearly killed me' to 'extremely horrific and don't want to do again'. And what did it say about his forty-five years that being hit by a tsunami would
Published November 21st 2014 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about This Other Country, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Other Country

Start your review of This Other Country (More Heat Than the Sun, #4)
Baba
5 stars. Review completed December 15, 2014

photo oie_ii1Yi1H1Wpbv_zpslptoya88.gif
 photo oie_4pysBilYnd6Q_zps11zbujq7.gif
 photo Bildschirmfoto2014-02-26um193413_zpse0955a6c.png

"I just want him to--"
"Use his name, please."
"I want Nikolas to decide what he fucking wants. I want a boyfriend--not an employer with an overactive cock."
"Don't swear at me. And don't be crude."
"You're not my boss anymore! Stop telling me what to do!"
"Right. Mr Mikkelsen, Nikolas, perhaps you'd like to tell us why you agreed to come here?"
"I agreed to come here because if I didn't I would probably not get laid tonight."

"I'm not going to fucking attend
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
5 Stars

This was so, SO, SO good.

Seriously though.

I can't even, I loved this thing so much.

For realz.

So, in an effort to avoid a continuous gush-fest of saccharine teenage fangirling, I will instead endeavor to give out the loudest of shout outs.

Nik and Ben:

You two legit rock my casbah.

description

You guys are the cheddar in my cheese.

The peanut in my butter.

The croutons in my salad.

The spa to my brown rice ghetti.

Dear John Wilsthire:

You. Are. The. Man.

For serious.

The things you accomplished in this
Ingie
Written June 23, 2015

4.7 Stars - As always.. exciting suspense, a thrilling plot and intense steam with much heart, feel and grand love

Book #4

There isn't any review writing time right now so this will be very short. More later when I'm back home in wifi-land again.
 photo a4001545-8cc5-494c-ba83-37cc577bf593_zpssyd5fsh1.jpg

This Other Country is the fourth installment in a so far in my opinion great series. My reviews, the main characters and more: (view spoiler)
Jan
****** 5, 6, 7, ... Lots of Stars ******

The best so far in this series.
Freaking brilliant!
Literatures Movies
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EEEEVEERYYBODY
His wealth, his power, his rank, his history, his intelligence, his cunning, and yet, despite it all, Ben was the centre of everything. The hub of their relationship.

Ben was its heart.

Nikolas grinned evilly. God had made a big mistake that day if hed thought watching soldiers being tortured would bring on some kind of epiphany in the Morningstar, a road to Damascus moment of confession and contrition.

Hed just gone and stolen one of Gods finest creations, his perfect warrior angel.

And he was
Wendy

Another awesome read in this series. Nikolas and Ben have become fixtures in my life right now. I feel like I personally know them...or at least I wish I did !!

Again this book was full of revelations. Only this time it was more about their relationship. The action was a bit less, but the emotions ran higher.

It took me through the wringer though. this book made me laugh out loud multiple times, it also broke my heart and pissed me the hell off.

As for the pissed off part...

I'm not gonna say
Tina

He was a lion impersonating a pampered Persian house cat for a while, and surrounded by flowers, bespoke tailoring, literature and art, people didn't see the untamed wildness of the amber eyes, nor suspect the killing rage that lay just beneath the surface of the impeccable grooming.(Nikolas)

Do you know this feeling? You've just finished reading a book, a book so incredible you both couldn't wait to find out what happened and was dreading when you had read the last word because then it was
Breann
You are going to L.O.V.E This Other Country.

Of course, I'm assuming you've read the first three (which you definitely need to do first)

If that's a go, then I'm also going to assume that you love Nik & Ben (<- accurate. Has to be.)

This was more fun and lighthearted than what we're used to. Now, when I say fun and lighthearted, I'm still talking about Nik and Ben. There was still suspense and crazy shenanigans, but there was a different feel to it this time. For starters, I wasn't in agony
Bev
There comes a time in every readers life when they know that the characters in the story they're reading have definitely taken up a special place in their heart. That happened to me with this series after book 2, Conscious Decisions of the Heart, and my opinion has only strengthened with this instalment.

5 stars for this emotionally charged read, I've loved Ben from the start [what's not to love?? A beautiful, beautiful man with model looks, green eyes and dark hair, oozing sex appeal and who
A.B. Gayle
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book more stars I would. While the other books were good, this one was brilliant. For only the second time in my life, I pulled an all nighter. How could I not?

The story had everything. I made so many notes, marked so many passages as quotes that I need time to formulate them into a decent review.

This book has wonderful sex scenes, heartbreak, sadness, laugh out loud humor, it ticks every box without being a product of paint by numbers writing.

The sheer story telling craft
Natalia
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I adore Nikolas! Can't get enough of these two!!
Simon
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want all my Goodreads friends to read this series, it is so very, very, very good.
These protagonists, MCs are as brilliantly written, if not better, than my favourite m/m couples to date. It may be time to move over and make room Ty and Zane, Dex and Sloane....Ben and Nikolas have arrived and they are Hard, Hot and Raw!
Many of my reviewer/fiction-opinion friends will probably have realised by now that I am not a fan of the sexual act laid graphically down, bare and open in my chosen genre.
Em
Nikolas discovered flower arranging could be done in the living room. And, amazingly, could be done whilst lying on the sofa, watching a movie. And drinking a bottle of red wine.

One of the main things I love about these books is that they are seriously funny. There are so many giggly moments dotted throughout the books, even when something horrific is going on in the background I've never laughed so hard in my life.

Ben opened his mouth to reply, a horrified expression forming on his face,
Simone
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, military
No surprise here: 5 Loving stars

This Other Country is slightly different from the previous books. It concentrates more on the relationship between Nik and Ben. Just because suspense and action takes somewhat a back seat, it doesn't mean there are no thrilling moments and I loved this book just the same as all the others.

The dry humor in the first half of this book was just superb, but I guess Nik and Ben undercover on a gay couple therapy course speaks for itself...

The second half got me thrust
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Full Reviewage on Prism Book Alliance

Do we fight over who is in charge, Benjamin?

Ben frowned. No. I have you exactly where I want you.

Nikolas chuckled

I highlighted and wrote down this quote from towards the beginning of this book. Its a theme that carries through the entire story. Little did I know! And Im so freakin happy I found out.

This book picks up basically where The Bridge of Silver Wings, book three in the More Heat Than the Sun series, left off. As do the emotion, heat, confidence and
Ariana
This is my most favourite book in the series so far.

The first half of the book had me chuckling, snorting and laughing out loud as Nikolas and Ben come to terms with their mission of infiltrating a therapy course for gay men as a florist and a hairdresser.

"Nikolas eased the file towards him (Ben) with the enthusiasm of a man pulling his prostrate cancer prognosis notes.

"They just stared at it (Ben's attempt at chocolate mousse) for a while. Nikolas was tempted to point out that he'd seen
Kelly
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great addition to this wonderful series. Can't wait for more Ben and Nik!
Gina
OMG OMG OMG!! I love this series, the twists, turns, grit, it's been a roller coaster ride! I love Ben and Nik! Give me more!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
Ele
My first impression of these books...I take it all back.

Christelle
**4.5 stars** This series gets better and better and yes, I said it and confirm : Ben and Nick are insane in the best way and they deliver each time !!!

This time, Ben and Nick decide to go undercover to a gay therapy course to discover why a young cousin of their friend killed himself after shooting some classmates. Of course, its Ben and Nick, so what could possibly go wrong ??
Not to mention the fantastic cover for Nick, the high maintenance blond God : impersonating a florist One has to
Katerina
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! What comes up with this author. Just when I thought I should read the first part of this series again (because the beginning was so incredible beautiful) ... it happens ... just VERY different than expected. The whole time I was thinking, with what will he comes up this time?
So good. So unpredictable. So adorable.

I have it already written - I love Nik & Ben and I adore John Wiltshire.

Dear John, thank you so much for sharing Ben & Nik's Stories with us.
Christine
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: highly-sexual, mm
It took me a while to get into this installment. I didnt start loving it until around the 50% mark.
I was going to go with a 3 star but geesh the moments that were great were REALLY great.
And as a whole this series has been amazing and I just love these guys.
There was also some really great funny moments in this book.
My only niggle is that I thought Kate go away with what she did too easily. And I am hoping that Ben confronts her in the next book about it as this one ended without them seeing
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lori K
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series killed my book budget for the month but it was worth it.
Elizabetta

Here I am, the fifth book into a series Normally ennui would have settled in long before now. But no. Somehow this author manages to feed tidbits (or big dollops), adding to Ben and Niks story, giving more than enough to pull you along in the wake of their awesomeness.

Are they nice guys? Not always, no. Sometimes they are downright narcissistic, petty, pouty, morally compromised hedonists. And then they are the sweetest, most generous, most intriguing lovers ever. The messes they get
Karen
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read
This series is like crack. Seriously it's damn near as addictive as a Mary Calmes series. I want to read the next book so freaking bad, but I can't because tomorrow I start a buddy read with three awesome ladies over on GR and it's a book I'm not going to miss out on reading with them for anything...even Mary Calmes would take a back seat on this one, I had to use all my will power and then some not to jump into the next book this time. So as much as it pains me and believe me it does I'm ...more
Dreamer
Another delectable episode in the lives of Nik and Ben, can't get enough of this pairing.

'There were so many things Nikolas had done for him that should elicit his gratitude and love more, but the handing over of that chocolate digestive topped them all. He felt awful, guilty - but stuffed the gift in very quickly before his saviour could change his mind.'
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
Another awesome read by John Wiltshire.
Will reread as soon as I am done with the next book.
Marte - Thunderella

***** 5 power of the mind stars *****

---------------------------------
"Then you're like a heartbeat. I'll miss you when you stop."
~Nik~
---------------------------------

Wow, this book really put me through the wringer. It was funny, hilarious, thoughtful, fucking infuriating, beautiful and fantastic.
I loved how the book explored Ben and Nik's relationship in new and surprising ways. The development between them was profound, and also necessary in a way, I think. Ben found or took back more of
Tess
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had the words to do justice to just how exceptional this series is.

With Ben and Nikolas, John Wilsthire has created one of the most perfect love stories I've ever read. There's so much complexity to Ben and Nikolas and the emotional bonds between them keep getting deeper and deeper, book by book.

I'm so excited for book #5, but just wish I didn't have to wait another month!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
John Wiltshire Fa...: * BOOK DISCUSSION - More Heat than the Sun 4 55 83 Mar 19, 2016 04:46AM
Discussion threads in Fan Group 1 4 Mar 28, 2015 05:40PM

• Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Where Death Meets the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1)
  • Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1)
  • Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1)
  • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
  • Transposition (Hazard and Somerset, #2)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Shiver (Unbreakable Bonds, #1)
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • Why the Devil Stalks Death (Death and the Devil, #2)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • Off Plan (Whispering Key, #1)
  • Enemies of the State (The Executive Office #1)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • If I Ever (Hell or High Water #4)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Trick Roller (Seven of Spades, #2)
John Wiltshire is the fictional persona of the author of the More Heat Than The Sun series. After spending twenty-two years in the military perfecting the art
of looking busy whilst secretly writing, John left as a senior officer
when a hastily dug tunnel was ready for use. Now living in New
Zealand (at least until enough money can be raised to leave) John has no plans to return to the army. Unless

More Heat Than the Sun (8 books)
  • Love is a Stranger (More Heat Than the Sun, #1)
  • Conscious Decisions of the Heart (More Heat Than the Sun, #2)
  • The Bridge of Silver Wings (More Heat Than the Sun, #3)
  • The Bruise-Black Sky (More Heat Than the Sun, #5)
  • Death's Ink-Black Shadow (More Heat Than the Sun, #6)
  • Enduring Night (More Heat Than the Sun, #7)
  • His Fateful Heap of Days (More Heat Than the Sun, #8)

News & Interviews

“We're only together because we don't think about it too much? I'm gratified and flattered by your devotion."
Ben sighed. "When was the last time you thought about breathing?"
"What?"
"Breathing? Lungs in and out? Air? When did you last think about it? You're like breathing. I don't think about it, but I need it to stay alive."
A faint smile came to Nikolas's lips. "Then you're like a heartbeat. I'll miss you when you stop.”
26 likes
“Everyone was standing up. He stood too. Chairs were being moved into a circle. Nikolas slumped like a great weight descending upon him. He’d never experienced anything good coming out of a circle of chairs.” 6 likes