Start by marking “La sangre del Olimpo (Los Héroes del Olimpo, #5)” as Want to Read:
La sangre del Olimpo (Los Héroes del Olimpo, #5)

La sangre del Olimpo (The Heroes of Olympus #5)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  146,415 Ratings  ·  13,260 Reviews
Los tripulantes del Argo II han salido victoriosos de sus misiones, pero están lejos de derrotar a Gea, la madre Tierra. Ella ha conseguido alzar a todos sus gigantes y planea sacrificar a dos semidioses en la festividad de Spes: necesita su sangre, la sangre del Olimpo, para despertar.
Por otro lado, la legión romana del Campamento Júpiter, liderada por Octavio, está cada
Published February 12th 2015 by Montena (first published October 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about La sangre del Olimpo, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Boxi SPOILERS!!

SPOILERS!!

Completely, I LOVE that whole thing, Nico accepting who he is, finding a home, finding, a friend that may turn into more, Nico deserves it. And the way he told Percy about things was great, just casual and great. Loved it.(less)
Lea I agree entirely. Percy always seemed to be a sidekick, going through with orders and never taking the lead as he should because he's freaking Percy!…moreI agree entirely. Percy always seemed to be a sidekick, going through with orders and never taking the lead as he should because he's freaking Percy! we have the most connection with him because of the first five books and now we don't get a proper ending with him. And what about his fatal flaw? did we totally forget about that as well! his fatal flaw has been numerously mentioned but enver done anything with. I thought that something was going to end up with Percy messing up the quest because he want to save his friends, BUT NOOOO! And Gaea and the giants, are they just toys being played with by babies! they're fricking superhuman powerful and yet seven puny demigods seem to be way over they're league each time. They're all one-dimensional, always losing by their stupid greed. Overall, Blood of Olympus was suppose to be an overview of all 10 books but was rick riordan so stuffed with trying to learn us Greek Mythology that he forgot about the everything the characters went through. he mentioned it, but it was lost with everything else. Blood of Olympus is sadly, not a very satisfying book...(less)

dyanne
Oct 10, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
****UPDATE NO. 2****
It's out.
You guys, we did it.
We survived.

There are no gifs to accurately portray my current level of excitement.
I will update y'all as soon as possible once I get my hands on this book.

Until then, thank you for your support.
For everyone who has read this review and went through this year-long emotional rollercoaster with me, you guys are the best.

***UPDATE***

5.14.14 COVER REVEAL

description

Just look at that. It's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
It also reveals absolutely nothing. Oh,
Sasha Alsberg
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel empowered by that book, ESPECIALLY the fight scenes. So BA!
Regan
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
LOVED IT BUT IT NEEDED MORE PERCY JUST SAYING
Sarah Banono
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Upon further consideration, I've decided to give this book a 3.5. Or maybe a 4. Some of the concepts were a bit unrealistic, and the scenes that I was excited about the most sort of... let me down.
I still love the series, don't get me wrong. I'll update as often as possible.

If you guys want some good news, scroll down until the end of this review.
Guys...
It's done.
The series is over, and I'm shaking and I want to cry out of happiness because it ended on a terrific note and sadness because my f
Lara
Dec 18, 2012 marked it as later  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-series, tweens
SeaweedbrainsandHerondales
WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS, IF YOU READ THIS AND SPOIL YOURSELF IT’S YOUR OWN FAULT NOT MINE!!!!!!!!!

Let me start by saying I cried while writing this because this world holds a special place in my heart.

Ok so I have to say this straight away, I'm not someone who grew up reading Percy Jackson, no I'm horrified to say I watched the movie first, but even though I didn't grow up with the characters and loved them more and more through time I fell in love with them like I ran into a brick wall, HARD
Christine Riccio
PRETTY DISAPPOINTED WITH HOW THIS WRAPPED. Here's my full discussion/booktalk: http://youtu.be/pGWrSXrE-qc
Sabs~ Semi hiatus
Review Coming Soon(I need to internalized what had happened first)

UPDATE 4
Its bloody October 8th and my book hasn't came in the mail yet,

description

please help me get through this

UPDATE 3
I am starting the official Blood of Olympus Count down I will be expressing those days with very Interesting looking art i found from the trusty old Google.

UPDATE 2
1 More Month.
description

I couldn't wait for summer to end because it gets me closer to Leo BoO

I don't Know about you guys but the closer its gets to October 7th the harder
Noodar Yasmeen
House of Hades was just indescribable! It was soo good! After I finished it, I was SOO DAMN excited for the next book! But THEN, I saw The Blood of Olympus's publication date...

OCTOBER 7TH 2014

Seriously?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!

description

Rick Riordan, you do want your fans to be alive to actually read the book, right? I guess not. Are you REALLY gonna make us wait till OCTOBER 7TH 2014?!?!! FREAKIN' 2014!?!?! I am soo gonna die waiting. I mean it, cause..

description

After all the action and drama that happened in Ho
Aj the Ravenous Reader
*Buddyread with the Awesome Mac.* (You can click her name for her review.^^)
  “To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.”

Seven demigods shall answer the call of the prophecy. Of the seven, one shall sacrifice his/her life. Who might it be? After finishing Harry Potter, my heart now made of steel (courtesy of Ms. Rowling) is more than ready to know. Just one death? Psh! Piece of cake.

I have never really tried writing r
Natalie Monroe

I now know how the gods must have felt when their Roman and Greek sides were warring.

The critical part of my brain was spitting fire at the Blood of Olympus's weaker points, but my nostalgic side, the one who has been infatuated with Percy ever since she discovered The Lightning Thief at a book fair, rebutted, "Who gives a fuck?"

Is the plot incredibly convenient at times?

Yes, but...

Is the climax rather rushed?

Yes, but...

Is Riordan a sickeningly safe author?

Yes, BUT...

Who gives a flying
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I don’t define myself by the boys who may or may not like me”

This book was so empowering. The characters are strong, smart, diverse in so many ways and true to themselves. Riordan has so much influence as an author, especially on younger readers, and it is amazing that he uses his voice to promote bravery, kindness and friendship. That alone deserves 5 out of 5 stars.

Plotwise, he again managed a worthy and satisfactory finale to a 5 part series. I have to admit that I often get tired of the way
Rawkstar48
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't...I can't..I CAN'T WAIT A WHOLE FREAKING YEAR FOR THE CONCLUSION

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Let me just say, if Leo Valdez dies, someone is going to pay...

That's not creepy right?

(there are a ton of edits that I keep adding, so check below)

So, I finally decided to add to this.

My predictions (these are just random predictions)

1. Frank dies.
Frank is going to die. His life is tied to a frigging STICK. Not to mention the whole "To storm or fire thing" His sense of duty is so much stronger than Percy, who's fatal fl
Helen 2.0
Gods I'm glad I made it through! 450 pages of slow, boring, irrelevant buildup and 50 pages of Gaia showdown. Actually probably less. After 5 books of suspense and worry about the demigod heroes defeating Gaia, they finally meet her and she's.... Lame. Really lame. Down on one hit. That was a disappointment.

NOT a disappointment: Reyna and Nico! They were a breath of fresh air after a whole series of nothing but the prophecied seven.

The series has left me with less-than-lovely impressions of th
Darth J
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
You know, I really expected more from this finale. The Last Olympian seemed more dramatic in comparison because there was more at stake, and some actual characters died in that one. It actually had a much better cover too. (As a side note, who thought the covers of the Heroes of Olympus series was a step in a more mature direction? They look like they were done in crayon.)

Deus ex machina, literally
So in the final battle with Gaea, the Olympians just kinda shoot out of the sky to finally help the
Lyza
...The end is near
And we're all going to die waiting for this book.
*shoots self in head*

Edit:
Hello, I'm alive again. My friend and I were brainstorming ideas for the end of this seiries and we came up with a lot...here's two of them.

Optimistic theory:
Gaia is defeated, no-one dies, end pairings are Percy/Annabeth, Leo/Hazel, Reyna/Frank (c'mon, it could happen!), Jason/abandons Piper and gets rejected by Reyna and is forever alone, and Piper/goes into Hunters of Artemis. Everyone lives happily ev
Ahmed  Ejaz
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
"No one can hate you with more intensity than someone who used to love you."
Uncle Rick, again you did it!! You satisfied me and made me curious for the next series at the same time!! WOW!!!!
OVERVIEW
Seven demi-gods are going to Athens to stop Gaia from waking up.

=> This book has a very simple plot with extremely dangerous quest. I loved this!
=> I liked that FINALY we got Nico's POV. I loved how determined he was to transport the Athena's statue to Camp Half-Blood. He risked his lif
Clau R.
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the book, my main problem with it is Rick's selection of POV's!!! Percy, Annabeth, Frank and Hazel felt like side characters in comparison of Jason, Piper and Leo. I think that this book needed the POV of the seven demigods, but oh well...

PS: I loved Nico in this book, my baby was so awesome. ALSO... SOLANGELO <3.
Raeleen Lemay
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia, young-adult
*3.5*
ERMEGERD. That ending messed me uppppppp. Kind of a cop out though.
Neha
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon!

6th October, 2014

(Sorry in advance if I sound creepy here...I was sleep deprived)
Can anyone sleep right now? Am I the only one here hyperventilating? Am I the only one who think that life is totally unfair that I have TWO tests on Wednesday?

*sigh* Gotta wait till the weekend. Oh the weekend.. so far away. My feels :*(

But seriously, can't wait to KNOW what FRIGGING HAPPENS NEXT!!! Because it's not just any book, but a Heroes of Olympus book. And not just Heroes of Olympus bo
C.G. Drews
WELL. That, my friends, is how a conclusion should be done! HUZZAH THAT RICK RIORDAN IS SUCH A GENIUS. And also knows how to mix heartache with humour and danger with excitement and dragons with talking tables. I mean, really. This dude. I am in awe. And, so far, I've found this series a bit waffly (and not the foodie kind) and rambly, but for the finale? NOPE. Perfection. Everything was balanced and I found myself just gobbling up pages like a Hades on fire.

Of course the characters are 95% of t
Juliana Zapata
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Tengo sentimientos encontrados con este final y con el libro en general. Ame como concluye pero quedé con ganas de mas, extrañe muchísimo a Percy y Annabeth como narradores, pero me encantó leer a Nico Di Angelo y por último, hubiera deseado leer mucho mucho más a Percy, sigo sin ser capaz de despedirme de este personaje.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Belle
Oct 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-release
BLOOD OF OLYMPUS REVIEW: Contains Spoilers!

(Last edited July 25th, 2015)

Wow... it's over...

I've been following the Percy Jackson series for about four and a half years. In fact this series is one of the reasons I really started reading in the first place. It's a pretty long story that involves way more time than I have space to write, but the general idea is that this series means a lot to me and it has for some time.

So, reading The Blood of Olympus my standards of quality were through the roof
low
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE: 10/12/14

My full review: http://littleonionwrites.wordpress.co...

I just finished The Blood of Olympus. Words cannot describe the emotions I went through. I cried because I was happy. I cried because I was sad. Gods, I'm so sad. I feel like everything worked out the way it was supposed to, even though I wish...

But I won't post any spoilers here. I have to save those for my full review. But that was an intense adventure. I suppose now it's time to bid Percy Jackson and his friends farewel
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

EDIT 11/10/14 - My thoughts on the rushed ending, lack of all main characters and the ending in general: (view spoiler)
Jessica
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Ah. I can't believe it's over. Full Review on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Pmn_QjULNoo
Anusha
Dec 01, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
H.Y.P.E.R.V.E.N.T.I.L.A.T.I.N.G. THIS IS IT. This is it, guys. The end of Percy Jackson. The end of my life. I'm not sure how I'll be able to read this without sobbing hysterically after every page. I just don't think I can do it. I CAN'T LET GO. WAHHHHHHHHHHH

Saru (Queen of Bookland)

Edit: 10/12/14: I finished. I'm near tears now because I'm going to miss all these characters so much. This book had its flaws, but to me it was PERFECT. Am I being rational? Nah. But I don't care.

Review to come.
Edit: 10/10/14: I HAVE IT OMFG YES

Edit: 5/14/14

COVER OH MY GOD MY EXCITEMENT FOR THIS BOOK HAS BEEN RENEWED OH MY GODD.

Okay guys...

VATICAN CAMEOS.

If you don't know what that means, here's the definition, as put by John Watson:

"Battle Stations. Someone's going to die."

Here's who can'
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

3.5 out of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I cannot believe this is the end. HOW. This series was basically my childhood. I was super disappointed that this story would not be told by any of my favorite characters (Percy or Annabeth). I'm not sure why I didn't like this a lot. Maybe because I read this over the course of so many days? Maybe because of finals week and other
Namratha
SUMMARY
The Greek and Roman demigods must unite. If the Greek and Roman demigods do unite, the Gods will be healed. If the Gods will be healed, the giants can be killed. If the Giants can be killed, Gaia may not rise.

With a rather lofty to-do-list at hand, two sets of questing demigods head out to save the world.

Do they succeed or does Gaia go Organic Mother Nasty on a dystopian world is what The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) is all about.

So there.
-------------------------

R
YA Buddy Readers'...: Heroes of Olympus:The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan - Restarting July 27th 2018 84 224 Jun 27, 2018 02:11AM
SPOILERS! Problems I had 57 248 Jun 21, 2018 04:28PM
How do you think Rick Riordan could be a better author? 19 68 Jun 17, 2018 02:34PM
YA or Middle Grade? 15 97 May 31, 2018 05:30PM
Which of the seven of the prophecy has the best abilities/powers? 2 13 Mar 22, 2018 05:34PM
who of the seven is the strongest 8 20 Mar 22, 2018 04:59PM
  • Lost in Babylon (Seven Wonders, #2)
  • The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co., #2)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice #12 Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger #1)
  • Odin's Ravens (The Blackwell Pages, #2)
  • Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears (The Goblin Wars, #3)
  • Rogue (Croak, #3)
  • The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5)
  • Exposure (Virals, #4)
  • Endsinger (The Lotus Wars, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 2 (The Search, #2)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • The Course of True Love [and First Dates] (The Bane Chronicles, #10)

More about Rick Riordan

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Perdido Street Station (New Crobuzon, #1)
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Correct." Kekrops sounded bitter, like he regretted his decision. "My people were the original Athenians--the gemini."
"Like your zodiac sign?" Percy asked. "I'm a Leo."
"No, stupid," Leo said. "I'm a Leo. You're a Percy.”
974 likes
“For a long time,’ Nico said, ‘I had a crush on you. I just wanted you to know.’ Percy looked at Nico. Then at Annabeth, as if to check that he’d heard correctly. Then back at Nico.

‘You –’

‘Yeah,’ Nico said. ‘You’re a great person. But I’m over that. I’m happy for you guys.’

‘You … so you mean –’

‘Right.’

Annabeth’s grey eyes started to sparkle. She gave Nico a sideways smile.

‘Wait,’ Percy said. ‘So you mean –’

‘Right,’ Nico said again. ‘But it’s cool. We’re cool. I mean, I see now … you’re cute, but you’re not my type.’

‘I’m not your type … Wait. So –’

‘See you around, Percy,’ Nico said.”
831 likes