Start by marking “Before the Morning (Corpus Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
Before the Morning (Corpus Brides, #2)

Before the Morning

(Corpus Agency #2)

Before The Morning
...is the time of greater darkness...

A trained killer with borderline sociopathic tendencies
Rayne Cheltham traced out her life's path when she was twelve: she would marry her best friend and bear his children, and in the process, stifle the restless edge in her. When he vows never to marry, she gives in to the darkness and becomes a clandestine agent—
330 pages
Published February 2nd 2015 by Rose of Atlantis Press (first published May 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Before the Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before the Morning

Start your review of Before the Morning (Corpus Brides, #2)
Linda
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is grab this book if you want to read a marvelous and fantastic romantic suspense novel. I could not put it down and finished reading in one sitting. The chemistry between Rayne and Ash is electrifying along with a plot that keeps the reader on the edge of their seat through the entire novel. I can't wait till the next in Zee's Corpus Brides series is available and once anyone reads them they will feel the same. "Before The Morning" is a definite must read and Zee is an auto buy ...more
Rosie Amber
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Before The Morning is a romantic suspense and is #2 in the Corpus Brides series set in Europe. It's actually a prequel to #1 Walking The Edge giving plenty of background into the Corpus group of secret agents. The first book introduces us to a break away rogue group within the agency and this book gives up the deeper story as to how links to the rogue group are found.

Ash Gilfoy is a paramedic and called to a house in London to attend an assault victim. While he's there is tries to stop dangerous
Love Africa Book Club
So you think you know all there is to know about romantic suspense? Think again. This author brings a new flavour to the genre with female protagonists that display strength and uber intelligence usually associated with only men in thrillers without losing touch with what makes them feminine.

I love the way we are taken through the lives of these characters from childhood to adulthood so that we come to understand what makes them tick and when they make some decisions we don't agree with, we
Kiru Taye
If Amelia Jamison is the female Jason Bourne (see Walking The Edge) then Rayne Cheltham must be the female Ethan Hunt. Move over Ludlum and co, we have a new Spy Thriller author in town.

What I love about this fantastic and intriguing series by Zee Monodee is that she writes female characters that are both enviable and aspirational. These women kick ass. For real. They are tough and are not afraid to show it. In their line of business, the only way to be is tough.

Saying that, the men are by no
Nana Prah
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
After reading the blurb I wondered just how Ms. Monodee could get me to empathize with a trained assassin enough for me to not only like her, but want her to end up with the hero. I had no need to worry. Rayne had so many layers to her personality that it would’ve been more of a task for me not to root for her happiness.

Ms. Monodee has combined action with a gentleness that can only come with a true romance. She got me so into their world that when I finished the book I wanted to take shooting
Deb Diem
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Before The Morning by Zee Monodee is a nail biter! This well written book is loaded with action, suspense, drama and sizzle. The characters in the book are amazing, and I think, the best part of the story. Rayne and Ash's story is a fantastic, fast paced read. I enjoyed Before The Morning and would be happy to read more from Zee Monodee in the future. Before the Morning is book 2 of the Corpus Brides Trilogy but can be read as a standalone. This is a complete story, not a cliff-hanger.

I received
S.K.
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I absolutely love Zee Monodee's Corpus Brides Series. Before the Dawn is the second of the series and already I am drooling for number three. The action is fantastic, the world she creates is so amazing it sounds like it is right out of a Mission Impossible movie. There isn't much I can say without giving away details so instead I say great job and get cracking on giving us book 3!!!
Cara Bristol
An entertaining read about a female assassin who reconnects with her childhood sweetheart. I had several 'Oh no!' moments (in a good way) while reading this book. The spy part felt very authentic and well researched.
Dana Delamar
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great twists and turns! Rayne's story has some seriously dark moments, but the love between her and Ash, and her need to do the right thing, is where she redeems herself. Some great supporting characters (in the form of clandestine agent Scott and doctor Anastasia -- who may or may not be a traitor) keep you guessing at what's really going on with the Corpus Agency. Are they truly a force for good, or are their aims more sinister? And what's going on with the splinter faction that tried to use ...more
Subhajit Das
Jul 05, 2016
Sara Diab
Mar 16, 2014
Zee Monodee
May 01, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Subject
Ray
Apr 09, 2013
Talia
Apr 24, 2013
From always choosing the storytelling option in English & French classes to sneaking a Mills&Boon romance under the desk at school, Zee went on to make a career out of writing the kind of emotional romances all young girls junk on.

Her Mauritius and Indian-based romances have all the classic makings of Bollywood-type drama: overbearing mothers, matchmaking aunties, ‘proper’ eligible suitors

Corpus Agency (3 books)
  • Edge of Danger (Corpus Agency, #1)
  • Edge of Mercy (Corpus Agency, #3)