Start by marking “Poughkeepsie Begins (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Poughkeepsie Begins (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #0.5)

Poughkeepsie Begins (The Poughkeepsie Brotherhood 0.5)

It ends with the beginning. This legendary, indie, cult-favorite series ends its tale with the story of the Poughkeepsie brotherhood before the tattoo. Before the train station, before the church, before a criminal empire there was a foster home and three teen boys who chose each other as family, because the ones they were born into didn’t exist

Still in high school, Becket
Published November 22nd 2015 by Omnific Publishing/ Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Poughkeepsie Begins, please sign up.

Debra Anastasia Poughkeepsie Begins~~~~ 11.22.15

Saving Poughkeepsie #4:

Poughkeepsie Series:

Nov 19, 2015 Brandi rated it liked it
"Brothers?" he asked.
"Brothers," Blake responded, smiling.
"Forever," Cole added solemnly.

The end of the Poughkeepsie series, brings us back to the beginning. Debra Anastasia gives fans of the series the opportunity to walk to halls with Blake, Beckett and Cole as teenagers. These three foster brothers form an unbreakable bond that will carry them through the horrors of adolescence, and adulthood.

As a senior in high school Beckett is not the best student, but he is determined to take care of h
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
Special Note This book was released after the third book and that's the order in which I read and reviewed them.

I have to admit that I had some trepidation about starting this book. I mean we've been through a lot with these brothers and we left them all in a happy place. I just wasn't too excited about reading what happened to them in foster care.

But...don't let that stop you because while, yes, there are some harsh things that happen, the brothers are so strong together already that that is
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Nov 24, 2015 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Quick review:

Cover: Pretty
Rating: NC-7
Steaminess: Hot
Overall: Damn Good
Characters: Well Written
Plot: How it all began
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Blake (Beckett & Cole)

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
One of the favorite books of the year. It’s told when they are in high school, but the story is not the subject of YA books. So it stays firmly in the NA/Adult category. I love it, love it, love it. Can’t say enough good things about this book.

Beverly C
He wanted to believe he was good for one fucking moment.

photo 799790_zps7c8f4dc2.gif

Words are not enough to describe how I feel, but here we go.

photo tumblr_inline_n7n3v1o4R21qmllvb_zps3056ae2c.gif

I am still picking up the pieces of my shattered heart. Thank you for that Debra.

crying photo 7506466_zps6b7dc6d7.gif

The 'Poughkeepsie Brotherhood series' has a special place in my heart. It's a beautiful story about unconditional love and the sacrifices we are willing to make for our family. If you haven't met Blake, Cole and Beckett I suggest you one-click the series NOW! You are missing a lot!
happy photo 802226_zps18841b9d.gif

If you already
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 717edca9ee3703952f9b02a8891ca9_zps77ax0qko.gif

Every story has a beginning and so Debra Anastasia takes her readers where it all began. The beginning of the Poughkeepsie Brotherhood series where the lives of Beckett, Blake and Cole are intertwined with one another in more ways than one. In this prequel novella, Poughkeepsie Begins, Ms. Anastasia takes us back to the time where Beckett, Blake and Cole are teenagers and in doing so, readers like myself can witness and understand that the

This story made me aww, swoon, cringe, cry and fall in love. I adore a tale about friendship/brotherhood even more than a romance (this has both). I also can't get enough when the characters are survivors of hell yet still possess good hearts. Poughkeepsie Begins has everything I want and need in a book.

Blake, Beckett and Cole come from terrible backgrounds. Many heartbreaki
4.5 "Brothers to the End" Stars! Lovers of bad boy, heroes from the wrong side of the tracks, will not want to miss the Poughkeepsie Begins prequel to the Poughkeepsie Brotherhood Series. Whether you are looking for the answers to all your questions as to how these characters first began their connection, or you are looking for the background to the series to gauge your interest in reading this series, Poughkeepsie Begins is sure to fit your need.

Although chronologically the first, Poughkeepsie
This way so amazingly fantastic.
I haven't read a book I have wanted to put on my all-time-favorite shelf for a while, but this was so great that I don't even need to think about it.

It's funny that I loved this book so much more than the first book in Poughkeepsie series or the second one.

It had just enough of suspense, romance, heartache and happiness. It was very balanced and nothing was too much. Although, there was everything that makes an epic book, I have to admit that for me it was t
Give Me Books
Nov 21, 2015 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that I am a HUGE fan of this author’s other series, so when the opportunity came up to review this one I jumped. I was a tad hesitant only because I know they are so different, and I wasn’t sure what to expect.

Here are my reoccurring thoughts while reading:
1. Zyler, Tyler, Mylar… Whatever your name is. I hate you
2. Candy, you are a bad ass and I love it
3. Beckett, how does every girl not fall in love with you?!

Beckett has to be one of my favorite “bad boy” characters ever. I don’t
4.5 Romantic and Emotional Stars

I am a huge fan of Poughkeepsie and absolutely adored seeing the boys as young men in high school. They each suffered savage mental and physical abuse at the hands of their foster families. Their protectiveness shone through especially with the younger foster children, and with each other. They were forced to protect each other and have each other's backs at all times.

"Never Alone."

But this story is not all about fighting and surviving. There's a gorgeous and s
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Nov 22, 2015 Ang (Sizzling Pages) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc

Once upon a time, I fell in love with a man that lived in the shadows and counted the smiles of the girl he adored from afar. And thus began my journey to a small town in Upstate New York and into the lives of three brothers, bound not of blood, but by destiny. Poughkeepsie Begins brought me full circle, as Debra Anastasia beautifully recounts the heartbreaking events, trials and tribulations that forged the everlasting bonds between three memorable characters.

Seeing into the horrors they end
Jo *Reading Is My Bliss*
Nov 21, 2015 Jo *Reading Is My Bliss* rated it really liked it
This story takes us back to where it all began, with three brothers - Beckett, Cole and Blake. It adds another layer to the story of the brotherhood between these three men.

They are all living in the same foster home with that awful caregiver Rick, though he really has no care for them or the other children living in the house, all that matters to Rick is his weekly pay check.

They are safer there than they were in the homes they were moved from. Together they take hits to make sure that the re

I am used to the zaniness of Debra Anastasia with Late Night with Andres and Fire Down Below. This is an author that can take humor to a level where you are cringing.

Poughkeepsie Begins is the polar opposite. The raw emotion of the story just stunned me stupid at the completion.

More to follow closer to release date.

ARC provided by author with thanks, in exchange for a fair review
Dec 06, 2015 Chanpreet rated it it was amazing
I'm a newbie to the Poughkeepsie world. I don't know why I haven't read this series before now, but I'm so glad I started with Poughkeepsie Begins. I'm not sure what it was I was expecting, but this emotional and intense story wasn't it. I really believe my reading experience was enhanced by the fact I did not re-read the blurb of the book before I started it or read the blurbs of the other books in the series. My introduction to the Poughkeepsie Brotherhood was fast and furious and left me a fa ...more
Three Chicks
Nov 17, 2015 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
Review by Jen Hagen

One of my favorite books of all time is Poughkeepsie and if I had to pick a favorite character, it would be Blake. I love his simpleness and his broken thoughts. My recommendation is to read Poughkeepsie first and then read this prequel. Blake continued to win me over with his daily inner struggles and how he fights victoriously to win. I’m a huge music lover so it may be this common factor that binds me to Blake.

He knew that to the rest of the world it looked like he was sta
Nov 21, 2015 Iza rated it it was amazing
What are you supposed to write about a book that is the prequel, yet the last book about characters that are so near-and-dear to you, so special, you smile whenever you remember them? Is it bittersweet? Yes. Is it amazing? Yes.

I loved the boys all grown up. I loved what they became, after what they had been. Or the glimpse of what they had been, while kids. The three books? Just that, a glimpse. This? This is the book that truly has all the good, bad and ugly details about three teenagers that w
Dec 04, 2015 Gretchen rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness... I'm not even sure what to say. This story is compelling and heart wrenching and had my emotions everywhere. It's sad but full of hope at the same time. It was a beautiful introduction to the series.

Beckett, Blake, and Cole, are these complex characters who are deeply wounded from past experiences but find family in one another. Even though hard things are happening it's really uplifting. I had all these questions and just wanted to know why they were how they were because some
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Jan 29, 2016 L.J (Lisa Jane) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, on-kindle, arc
WOW - This serie grabbed me by the heart and held on tight.
Debra has become not only my favourite author but one of my favourite people with her kind heart, sweet soul, freakishky crude and funny sense of humour and her magical stories.

Amazing characters as usual that jump to life in front of your eyes and connect to you. You don't mis out on anything.
Blakes sensitive, compassionate gentle soul comes through right from the beginning but in this one we see a little bit more of him and that he
Christina Szczepan-santos
Nov 15, 2015 Christina Szczepan-santos rated it it was amazing
I just received the Arc, thanks Debra! I'm so scared, I know I'm going to cry.
will update my review soon.
As I read I'm already laughing! " Their nights had to be as taxing as a fart"
I'm loving on Beckett as he's trying to defend Candy Cox (ha the name).
As always Blake is so sweet.
I finished this and it took me a bit to come back and finish my review.
I have no words, it was beautiful. I'm so sad to have this story end. As always Debra perfect!
Lauren R.
Nov 22, 2015 Lauren R. rated it it was amazing

Beckett, Cole & Blake are back or rather should I say if you haven't read this Series then it' the beginning to how it all began!

I freaking loved this book. It brought me back to when I 1st read this series as a fan fic and I just had my feelings all over the place again.

This book will make you cry, hurt, hot & tingly (Cause Beckett is just soo freaking hot even as a teenager!).

Debra wrote this story & characters from the heart and it sh
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo Poughkeepsie Begins_zpsxjxzewzm.jpg

Book Review: 5+ stars

I can’t even find the words to describe how much I loved this book. I cried all the time, I cried for the boys, Becket, Cole and Blake. I cried for their pasts, for the presents and for their uncertain future. I cried for how much they fight to be together, for how they protected each other, for how much they loved those little girls, Wintery and Summer. I’m crying right now while I’m writing this review.

I have to be honest, this isn’t my kind of read. I avoid angsty book
Samantha Hanson
Nov 12, 2015 Samantha Hanson rated it it was amazing

I received and ARC of this book from the author for my honest review.

Let me start by saying that Debra Anastasia became one of my favorite authors when I read her hilarious book Fire Down Below. She has a wonderful sense of humor that knows no bounds.

Poughkeepsie Begins is a completely different genre that completely blew me away. I was so shocked such a heart-wrenching, emotionally intense story came from her. This is proof that she is an amazing multifaceted author.

Beckett, Blake and Cole are
Janet Romano
Nov 24, 2015 Janet Romano rated it it was amazing
This book can not be the end....I'm not ready to let go. Debra has killed me with this beautiful story, and I wouldn't change it for the world. I love all of these boys and was so so thankful to have Mouse back again. ...more
Mo (The Scarlet Siren)
Deb has outdone herself. This book is brutally beautiful, and the brothers will be in my heart always.
Nov 21, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brother-hood
You can see the full reviews and giveaway 11/22/15 @ HTTPS://
Paula Radell
Nov 22, 2015 Paula Radell rated it it was amazing
"For a few heartbeats, three teenaged boys raged at their childhood. They hollered at fate. They screamed out of pure need. It was the sound of Peter Pan fucking dying, the ghost of dreams that would never be..."

Hauntingly beautiful. Stunning. Breath-taking. Terrifying. Erotic. Tragic. A perfect beginning - or ending. If you haven't read the Poughkeepsie series, start now and don't stop until you've read every last word. You can thank me later.

The wonderful thing about Poughkeepsie Begins is
Nov 28, 2015 Cyndi rated it it was amazing
Does Debra Anastasia know her readers or what? As soon as I finished Poughkeespie Begins, I wanted to crawl back into the lives of Beckett, Blake and Cole and dive in to a re-read of the Brotherhood series. These boys, who later become outstanding men, kinda own me. I love every bad thing about them (errr, Beckett) and their incredible resilience. The story line is mesmerizing and wholly addictive. But this review is about Poughkeepsie Begins, a treat release if there ever was one.

We come to kno
Nov 22, 2015 Nancy rated it it was amazing
It ends with the beginning – Never Alone!!!

Along time ago a friend of mine told me to read Poughkeepsie -- so I did what we all do -- I added it to my TBR and walked away. But you see, this friend she was quite persistent, y’all know how our book friends can be when they love a book .. lol (I’m never like that ). Anyway, I don’t think I was but a couple chapters in and I fell madly and deeply in love with Blake, Cole and Beckett! I couldn’t wait to dive into book two and then three and well here
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Ms. Anastasia goes back to the beginning to understand the end. The beginning was always alluded to. We got to see snippets throughout the series but to see it play out is heartbreaking. To understand what makes Beckett tick, to see the love he has for his brothers, the crappy hand he was dealt, and the protection he's provided over the years makes me love Beckett all the more.

If you've read the series you know what hap
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Burn (L.A. Untamed)
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • Just One Night (Take a Chance, #1)
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • The Order (Saletti Blood, #1)
  • Donor (Dresdan Coven, #2)
  • Tormented (The Gates Legacy, #2)
  • How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You
  • Annihilation (Alfonzo, #6)
  • The Single Game (The Apartment Novels, #3)
  • The Race Is On (How the Light Gets In, #2)
  • Love and Always (A Pound of Flesh, #1.5)
  • Vigil
  • The Land of the Shadow (The End of All Things #2)
  • Exposure
  • First Temptation (Covert Affairs, #1.2)
  • Stay Until We Break (Hub City, #2)
There are a lot of eyes in Debra Anastasia's house in Maryland. First, her own creepy peepers are there, staring at her computer screen. She's made two more sets of eyes with her body, and the kids they belong to are amazing. The poor husband is still looking at her after 17 years of marriage. At least he likes to laugh. Then the freaking dogs are looking at her—six eyeballs altogether, though the ...more
More about Debra Anastasia...

The Poughkeepsie Brotherhood (4 books)
  • Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #1)
  • Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #2)
  • Saving Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #3)

“Beckett watched Cole closely. This had been some next level-bullshit. And Cole had already been through some caveman-brutal violence coming up with his horrible mother. A betrayal like that cut deep and hard. He watched as Cole’s eyes filled up, and he curled his hands into fists. His breath came in gasps. His brother’s reality might possibly be caving in. Who the fuck knew. Beckett put the safety on and set down his gun. He turned in his seat and leaned over, grabbing Cole’s shirt and twisting it hard at his chest, pulling the sobbing man closer to him. It was one of the ways he scared the shit out of people, this look he would give, but not now. “Look at me. Fucking look at me!” Cole’s hazel eyes finally locked on Beckett’s. “You are never alone. You will never be alone! We’re together. Do you understand? I will murder the whole world to keep you out of that shit! It will never happen to you again. Do you hear me? Do you fucking hear me?” Cole screamed back at Beckett. Not words, just a guttural noise. Pain. Pain vocalized. Blake careened the car to the side of the road and cut the lights. After it was in park, he turned and faced Cole as well. Cole screamed again. Anger. Hot tears, rage. Pain, so much pain. Beckett panicked. Was it something I said? Shit. Was I too late? Shit. Blake crawled over the seat, sat next to Cole, and he started screaming too. Jesus Christ. The two of them were fucking insane. And if they were going crazy, he would follow. Beckett crawled over too, sloppy and kicking his brothers as he planted himself in the backseat. It took a second before he could match them, before he could go to that place in his head and heart and scream. But he did. For a few heartbeats, three teenage boys raged at their childhood. They hollered at fate. They screamed out pure need. It was the sound of Peter Pan fucking dying, the ghost of dreams that would never be—until Cole started cough-sob-laughing. It was catching, the sliding from one emotion to another. Blake was next, holding his stomach and laughing. Finally Beckett held his head and did the same. They collapsed in a heap, slapping at each other in their hysteria. When they finally caught their breath, they didn’t need words. They didn’t need anything but each other. Cole put up his arm and Blake and Beckett grabbed on. Never alone.” 2 likes
“Do you have a date? For this?” “No. I came with Rettie and Helena.” “That explains the booze on your breath. Helena’s a wild child.” “She’s a bad influence, but she has nothing on you.” Candy wanted him to kiss her so much she dug her fingernails into her palm. “That’s the truth.” His eyes went from welcoming to sad as he spoke, and she wished she could take it back. “Don’t ask me about dates,” she said instead. “Explain why it’s okay for you to show up here at my prom.” He took her elbow and pulled her off the main path. She expected his wiseass mouth, but instead he looked her up and down. “You, in my jacket, is my weakness, baby. You’re my girl.” He touched the lapel. “I didn’t think you had a weakness—especially when it came to me.” She stepped backward. He seemed older to her now, more worn. It had only been months, but his eyes had lost the carefree part of their recklessness. “Actually, the fact that I’ve been gone for so long—away from the way you smell, the little purr you get going when I breathe in your ear…” he stepped forward, not touching her, but crowding her personal space, and spoke into her neck “…should tell you more about my weakness than my mouth ever could.” Passion flared through her, flowing from her neck to all of the places she wished he would touch. She reached out and pressed her fingertips to his. “I missed you so much.” Beckett pulled back to look at her face. “Kiss you, miss you.” 0 likes