Start by marking “Sleep Softly” as Want to Read:
Sleep Softly

Sleep Softly

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  221 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Four little girls--each blond, each on the verge of adolescence--stolen from their families.Their bodies discovered months later in shallow graves, surrounded by trinkets they never owned, clutching a scrap of paper bearing a cryptic verse.

Published February 1st 2008 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Sleep Softly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleep Softly

Christa
Feb 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read from this author, but it will definitely not be the last. This was a good suspense with a bit of romance. I enjoyed the main character, Ashlee Davenport, as well as her family, which included her daughter Jasmine and her grandmother, "Nana." The suspense aspect of the book kept me guessing and I didn't want to put the book down.

Nurse Ashlee Davenport has just finished a forensic nursing course when her dogs greet her with a child's shoe containing part of a foo
Misty
Jan 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
As a forensic nurse in rural South Carolina, Ashlee Davenport Chadwick acts as both caregiver and cop, gathering evidence from anyone who arrives in the local E.R. as the result of a crime. It's a tough job, both physically and emotionally draining, but deeply satisfying.

Then a child's red shoe is discovered on Davenport property. The evidence leads Ashlee to the body of a missing girl and her work suddenly invades every aspect of her life. As an expert and a witness, she must call upon all her
Amy
Mar 10, 2008 rated it liked it
More suspense than romance, this story starts off after one of Ashlee Davenport Chadwick's dogs finds a child's shoe with a toe in it.

Chadwick is a forensic nurse/cop and soon she is on the trail where she discovers the body of a missing girl.

This crime invades every aspect of Ashlee's life and she has to call upon all of her resources to get through this.

Will she succeed?

Terrie
Jan 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Note that this is actually a sequel to Hunter's book Ashes to Ashes which is really difficult to find. I hope this continues to become another series, and enjoyed the cameo by Dr. Rhea-Rhea. Enjoyable mystery with elements from many of Hunter's other series...family dynasty, medicine, and the Carolinas.
Kathy Gray
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I actually liked this book better than I thought I would. The line on the cover that said "He's searching for his perfect daughter...with each little girl he takes" made me think it would be really scary and all about the guy doing it. But it was also about the forensic nurse and her end of things that I found interesting.
Pam Rauber
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
It takes a very brave and bold writer to throw themselves out there and tell a tale of children being kidnapped and ultimately murdered. It is a touchy subject. Heart wrenching. As sad as it is to think about the subject, Gwen Hunter managed to write the subject with delicacy and compassion.
Sandra
Oct 09, 2012 rated it liked it
This was an OK book, not bad and not really good, if that makes sense. I really liked the main character.
Kelly Barhorst
Aug 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Slow at first then built up into a page turner. Kinda sad since it involved children, made you think about it and relate to real life happenings.
Victoria
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had the accomplice figured out, but the murderer was a surprise!
Boekenfans
Geschonken door Harlequin.nl

RECENSIES

GESCHREVEN DOOR STEFANIE ROELS
Zeer goede thriller, spannend ... Je krijgt 2 personen aan het woord 'Ash' en de dader. Omdat deze laatste niet zo vaak voorkomt, heb je eigenlijk tot op het laatste geen idee wie het is. Dus echt zeer goed, ik hou wel van verrassingen en deze was er ééntje. Vlot geschreven, maar hier en daar is voor mij de vertaling wel wat een tegenvaller. Ik heb er ondanks dat toch van genoten!
Gwen Hunte
  • Kiss of Death
  • Now You Die
  • Schuilplaats
  • Trapped  (Randall Shane, #2)
  • Body Count (Sophie Anderson,  #1)
  • Boneyard (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #2)
  • De onderkant van sneeuw
  • Bloedlijn (Jessica Haider #1)
  • The Perfect Murder (The Last Stand, #6)
  • The Deadliest Strain
  • Notorious
  • Final Exit
  • Hawk's Pledge (Hawk Crest, #1)
  • Koude lente (Paul Vegter #2)
  • Suspect
  • Off the Grid (Jane Yellowrock, #7.5)
  • The Secret Cardinal (Nolan Kilkenny Thriller #5)
  • Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #5)