Start by marking “Trouble With The Earl” as Want to Read:
Trouble With The Earl

Trouble With The Earl

(The Radcliffes of Meryton #1)

In the beautiful county of Hertfordshire, the Lady Charlotte Radcliffe has reached the imminent age of marriage. Her father, the estimable Lord Radcliffe, who is in poor health, has proclaimed she must marry a suitor within forty-five minutes of their estate so as not to unduly grieve her mother. When they draw up a list of suitable suitors for her, Charlotte is delighted ...more
Published November 12th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Trouble With The Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble With The Earl

Start your review of Trouble With The Earl
Sophia
A naive aristocratic young lady makes a list... he is not on the list... oh the fun of her brother's former tutor teaching Charlotte a little something about love. I spotted the blurb on Trouble With the Earl while it was a freebie and thought it sounded like a fun regency romance comedy.

Trouble With the Earl introduces Charlotte Radcliffe and her lovable though slightly quirky parents right when Lord Radcliffe is concerned about his health and wanting his daughter safely situated. He and his
Debbie
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is only marginally JAFF - The main character, Charlotte Radcliffe, lives in Hertfordshire and Elizabeth Bennet is a good friend, appearing in a grand total of one scene. Lady Catherine and her daughter Anne are also mentioned briefly near the end.

Regardless, this is a very JAFF-like story that holds up well to scrutiny. Charlotte is a delightful, believable Regency heroine and Guy is a worthy counterpart as the sympathetic hero. Her mother is almost as silly as Mrs. Bennet in that she's
Phyllis
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the story enough, but have to say that it felt like the author tried too much to sound like Jane Austin, though she didn't quite succeed. It was a fun concept that her characters had interaction with Lizzy Bennett and others from Pride and Prejudice, but it didn't actually work well in the story.

The plot was interesting enough to stand by itself and I wish the author had simply written the story as herself, not trying to emulate Ms. Austin or borrow her characters. I think it would have
Cayla
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book has so much potential to be a great book, but it needs more meat to the story! It's short and sweet, yes, but it's not enough for those of us who really want to sink our teeth into this.
Susan
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this Regency romance confection
and it even included cameo appearances from the characters in Jane Austen's Pride
and Prejudice!
C. Coleman
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice little romance story that meshes well with Pride and Prejudice. I'm not really a romance fan so I can't judge on that point, but it was engaging enough to keep me entertained. I like the writing style and characterization and the pacing was okay except where Charlotte is ordering Guy around all afternoon, so I would recommend it for a break from heavier tomes.
Jeanne Johnston
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Tepid tale, typical except that it frequently referenced characters from Pride and Prejudice, though Elizabeth was barely seen and nitwit Lydia mentioned often as a joke. Is this breaking a literary wall of some sort? Could have deleterious effects on my grasp on reality.
Patricia J West
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Romance Dance

Have you heard of miss Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy? Well this is a lovely stroll through that time period. A short yet delightful romance! Great light reading that holds your attention. G rated for GOOD! Enjoy.
lily johnson
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another look at the Bennett's

I enjoyed this book. The characters were in line with the Austin world. While getting only a glimpse of the Bennett's life I still learned a bit of their lives.
shelia harman
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Old Friends

This book has a surprise ending which is definitely intriguing.Characters are so familiar if you read Pride and Prejudice which makes it more entertaining
Tonileg
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Clean English historical romance mostly set in the countryside of Hertfordshire.
The young Lady Charlotte Radcliffe has decided to get married, but wants to stay near her parents so she makes a logical list of potential husbands in a very cold blooded fashion, but luckily her older brother shows up with their old tutor Guy Lancaster who has recently inherited a comfortable living so has become a gentleman. Lady Charlotte starts to court the newly widowed Earl of Buckland, but he isn't what he
Susan
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: austenesque
Lord and Lady Radcliffe, who live in Hertfordshire near the estate of Longbourn decide it is time for their daughter Lady Charlotte, friend of Elizabeth Bennet, to marry.
After drawing up a list, the newly widowed Earl of Buckland is at the top. But can her attraction to Guy Lancaster, the familys former tutor and now landowner, be overcome and marry the Earl.
The story continues in 'Trouble with Wickham' though they can be read separately.
Merewyn
Jul 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Very silly book but entertaining and fun nonetheless.
Feb 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
Disappointed. Weak story line.... Had a little potential. Weak characters that needed to add more
Deborah
May 11, 2015
Kathleen Taylor
Sep 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Rogue and the Rose: Historical Erotic Novella (Intimate Domination Book 1)

The Radcliffes of Meryton (2 books)
  • Trouble With Wickham