Start by marking “Phase One: Identify (Territory of the Dead, #1)” as Want to Read:
Phase One: Identify (Territory of the Dead, #1)

Phase One: Identify

(Territory of the Dead #1)

Librarian's note: Alternate cover edition of ASIN B00COGWDC6.

Book One in the Territory of the Dead Series

Eighteen-year-old Tabitha Alexander had just graduated from high school when the dead invaded her small town of Pleasant, Louisiana. Working as a checkout girl in the only grocery store in town, she barely made it out with her life.

But the night was only beginning.

Wha
Kindle Edition
Published November 20th 2014 (first published May 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Phase One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phase One

Dianne
With a series name like Territory of the Dead, Rose Wynters’ first book of the series, Phase One: Identify is the tale of one teen’s journey from bored checkout girl to a determined young warrior fighting to survive in a world gone mad. Settle in and listen as Tabitha tells the story of the night the zombies came and how no one’s future would ever be the same, again.

Geared for young adult readers, this introduction to Ms. Wynters’ new series has a fresh and youthful perspective that will resonat
Dianne
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it

Nancy Steinle gummel
Phase One: Identify by Rose Wynter's is another zombie book. The writing and characterizations were above average. Wynters writes a good story.I was disappointed towards the end where it turns out this is a serial publication. It would be nice to read the whole story without month dragging by for another piece of the tale.
Barbara Ann
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Zombie stars

This book caught my attention a while back when I posted a spotlight for the start of this new young adult series about an eighteen-year-old girl whose life is irrevocably changed by a zombie outbreak. The beautifully illustrated cover, storyline of a zombie apocalypse, and excerpt I read enticed me to give this series a try, and by the time I finished I knew this was a series I would continue.

Phase One: Identify is a novella of approximately 86 pages that introduces us to a str
Randy Harmelink
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
Odd. I liked this book. But I forgot to write the review. Here it is, four days later, and I'm having trouble remembering what I liked about the book. I'm even having trouble remembering much of the story. I remember not setting it down for long, which is always a good sign. I do recall I thought the ending was a little bit of a anti-climax, but it did leave me wanting to read more.
Netanella
Sep 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Netanella by: hIpnoticraQs
In the small town of Pleasant, Louisiana, a young Tabitha is busy day dreaming about her future while she rings up customers in the town's only grocery store, ten minutes before closing. She's recently graduated high school and she's looking forward to the possibility of the rest of her life.

Until all hell breaks loose in the store's parking lot. And smacks its bloody face up against the storefront window. A hell that looks like the reanimated dead, hungry for the living. And they're fast.

Well w
Heather Alexander
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a novella so I'm not going to get to in-depth with my synopsis. Basically Rose, aged 18, is working when the zombies hit. She rushes home to her family, they save a neighbor and meet a mysterious stranger, who is a hardcase but helps them. I love me a good zombie book, this is a novella that is going to have future installments, which makes me happy. Of all the characters, I want to know more about Kellan, the mysterious stranger who seems to know how to handle everything. He is super co ...more
Rhonda
Not too bad for a free book on my kindle. A very short book, so hoping there are more to come. Though again, I can tell this series is going to turn out to be a Romance in the times of the Zombies type book.
Jenna
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
O.k zombie read.
hIpnoticraQs
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun first book in the series, reading the next installment immediately!
M.L.
May 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It the beginning of a series, with such few chapters or progress. I also felt like the analogy was too generic, each time they spoke, it felt scripted, repetitive and boring. I'll read the second book, and hope it gets better, if it doesn't, I'm so going to have a BF bitch fit. (So playing by the way, not really going or have a BF)
Leanne
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is my first zombie apocalypse story, I'm normally a werewolf or vampire kind of gal. I was thoroughly surprised at how much I did really enjoy it. Rose Wynters had me gripped from the very first page.

Phase 1 - Identify, as you can guess this is book one in the series. The story is the POV of 18 yrs old Tabitha Alexander who had just finished high school and she just wants to enjoy her freedom and have fun during the summer, and beyond that at that point nothing else is planned. That is, unt
Pam
Tabitha just wants to enjoy her summer. She really isn't excited about college and spends her time working as a cashier. Just when a customer has got on her last nerve the horror begins. A bloody person slams into the window. She know right away it is about to get bad she has seen enough movies to know it's a zombie. She rushes home and there along with her parents they have to decide what their next step is.

Tabitha at first seems a bored girl with no future plans. As the book progresses you see
Charlotte Gerber
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, zombie
Meet "Tabs", a teenager working at a cashier at a local grocery store when the zombie apocalypse happens - with zombies trying to get into the grocery story in a rather grotesque way. She manages to leave and get to her house where she watches the TV with her mom and dad, seeing events unfold on various channels. Eventually all channels go blank as the reporters are killed by the zombies.

This novella is quick paced, and soon Tabs and her family, along with a cute neighbor boy, are running for th
Heather
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a horror/zombie book lover. I’m a little hesitant with serial stories as I’ve started some the author never finishes, or feel like the book is simply too short. Not in this case! This was a nice and full start off to the story. It ends on a cliff hanger of course, but I felt the author did a great job of setting up the characters, their woes and life and deaths, and the progression of the story. A very good young adult zombie story, this should entertain the younger set that likes a bit of ...more
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Phase One: Identify was definitely a great zombie read. I enjoyed getting Tabitha's point of view as the world suddenly changes before her eyes. One moment she's an eighteen year old just working a boring job in a small town, the next shes running for her life trying to find her family. Tabitha definitely acted like any responsible eighteen year old would, instead of breaking down she realized she had to keep it together, otherwise she wasn't going to survive. I thought it was interesting to see ...more
Lori Franklin Hopkins
I was given the opportunity to read this for free in exchange for an honest review from librarything.com.

Going into this book, I had not read any of Ms. Wynter's work before. I was immediately sucked in! I like Tabitha, sort of, but sometimes she irritates me, I cannot put my finger on it. It could be that she is a typical teenager, sometimes overreacting to things, other times not acting at all. I am sure I was the same way at her age, very indecisive about everything. She is growing on me, th
Lillian
Anything would have been preferable to that one moment when you find reality has just been blown to pieces and would never be the same again. That's assuming you live to survive it.

Amazing novella! Wynters had me hooked from the very beginning, creating characters that I could easily relate to. The main character, Tabitha, is an eighteen year old who has just graduated high school and is trying to figure out what to do with her life. She's working a dead-end job as a cashier at the local groce
Kiley King
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
I received this book through Fire and Ice Book tours in exchange for an honest review. Phase One: Identify was much better than I expected! I usually don't ready zombies books although I love urban fantasy. Phase one was well-written and took a whole new twist. Tabitha is a young adult, pretty innocent when it comes to the world and boys, although she probably doesn't think she is. Then this whole zombies apocalypse comes crashing down. For her it starts at the grocery store, where she works as ...more
Keyshla
This Book was free on Amazon so I Started to read it. It is a book that you finish pretty quickly because is really short. It's just that everything happens so fast but although the plot is good the story is lacking something.
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I read by Rose Wynters, and I loved it! I'm excited to see what she's going to do with Kellan and Jayden. I like the suggestion of a love triangle that I perceived as I moved through the pages. I'll definitely be watching for the next one.
Koalathebear Koalathebear
A short novella which was surprisingly gripping. The protagonist displays some of the usual characteristics of young adult heroines but was nonetheless likeable. A well-written zombie novella that made me want to read the next in the series.
Dena
I felt the story was rushed. I liked the characters but it seemed like a wham bam thank you ma'am type story. I feel that there needed more..
Stephanie
Nov 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombie, 3-star
I'm not sure if its the kindle app or this book. But at 2points in the book the page blanked out. Then returned to the first page. Other than having to skips few pages it was a decent read.
Diane T.
Solid start to a promising series. I do like her attitude when she decides that she wants to survive.
Katalin
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's not a whole book, the story just begins here. Too short.
Cynthia
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
too short.... :(
Steve Thompson
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was actually a good read... Even for a macho guy like me.
LadiesMan217
To short to be classified as a book, but intriguing story. I'm buying the second book as I am writing this.

Hope the dad dies soon, softies have no business surviving the apocalypse
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Dreams of the Cursed (Dreamer, #2)
  • Hero for Hire (Tales From Beyond the End, #1)
  • Dying To Live & Fighting To Live - Double Edition
  • Arcadium (Arcadium, #1)
  • The Second Shadow (The Second Sign, #2)
  • The Marksmith (Tear of Ahl Saga, #1)
  • Value of Jade
  • Voyage to Eve Ilion  (The Magic Manuscript #1)
  • The Fall (Infected, #1)
  • Myths and Motifs of the Mortal Instruments
  • Season of the Dead
  • Black Hat
  • Sins of the Undead Patriot
  • The World Without a Future (The World Without End, #1)
  • Against the Darkness (Cimmerian Moon, #1)
  • Violet Dawn (Violet Night, #2)
  • North Pole Reform School
  • Finding Mother (The Guernsey Novels, #2)
I've often been asked how I'm inspired to write about werewolves, immortals, and zombies. The answer is easy. I adore them.

Be it the Wolf Town Guardians or the Endurers, these characters have been a joy to write about. And why not? What woman wouldn't love a sexy immortal male or a long-lived werewolf that is destined to have them?

Not all of my books contain plus-sized heroines, but many of them d

Territory of the Dead (4 books)
  • Phase Two: Evaluate (Territory of the Dead, #2)
  • Phase Three: Devastate (Territory of the Dead, #3)
  • Phase Four: Analyze (Territory of the Dead, #4)
“Everything good or bad in my life had started and ended within the limits of that town. It was over now, though, and a new chapter was beginning. Nothing would ever be the same as it had been before. I just hoped this chapter wouldn't be the final one in the book.” 9 likes
“Nobody should have to die like these people had. I didn't know each of their circumstances, but I had a good guess. These people had died in terror, horror, and pain. More than likely, they had to watch their friends or loved ones die at the same time. Their last moments would have been spent knowing that they would come back and do the same to anyone they could get their hands on, even people they'd spent their life loving.

It was not the way any human being should have to go.”
6 likes