Start by marking “Beautiful Collision (Desperation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Collision (Desperation, #1)

Beautiful Collision

(Desperation #1)

Eighteen year old Gray McAllister is on the run. Leaving her dangerous past behind her is easier said than done, even when she finds herself at last able to forge a new life.

But then the planets align and Gray finds herself bumping into super-hot Thane Blackwell. Drooling over him from afar is safe but that's only until she is forced to look after Thane while he recovers f
Published May 27th 2015 by Infinite Ink Books

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Collision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Collision

Mariℓina
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
I liked this book so much but i have to admit something.. Even though i enjoyed the premise, the writing style and the narrative method, the book has a huge blind spot that should be rectified immediately.

But first let's talk about the rest of it and eventually we will get there. Gray isn't your everyday girl ans she knows it. Trying very hard to get away from a life that suffocated her and from truths she never foresaw coming to light,she begins a journey that is both dangerous for her and ver
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
description
description

This book was not at all what I was expecting. Reading the synopsis you think you're going to read about a broken girl that's running from her past and she stumbles upon good looking Thane that she's attracted to. Yes, you do get that but what you're not expecting a story unfold about a Russian human trafficking drug operation. What looks like a simple romance novel turns into something a bit more in depth.

It was a bit slow for me. Just when I was getting more than a little interested and inves
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from Dowie's Place Events in return for a fair and honest review.

This story starts in the middle and you get flashbacks to fill you in on what has happened up to the point where we join the story. Gray is on the run - we don't know who from and we don't know why. We do know that she is being watched and that others are looking for her.

It is written from multiple POVs which help to give it a rounded feeling. You see both sides as Gray is happy she is doing the right things, a
L
May 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review, via Netgalley. Unfortunately, I just couldn't bring myself to finish reading. At the 40% mark, I was still becoming increasingly irritated by lack of... everything.

I understand letting the mystery build in order for the big reveal to really make an impact, but give the reader something, ANYTHING, to keep them interested in finding out more.
Ashley
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very sexy book with an interesting premise. An overall fun read with nice plot twists. However there was an issue with the way the two characters met that I don't find particularly realistic. That being that there was a dude that broke into her house & then another dude shows up and scares him away...ok but you still don't know this new dude. Maybe he's a serial killer??? I think there should have been more doubt and less trust upon meeting the hero of the story. Other than that a well wri ...more
Amber
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a magnificently breathtaking and exquisitely brilliant creation that far exceeds words and instead finds itself firmly rooted to the ethereal plane of emotions so dark and deep that very few dare to explore. The themes touched on throughout these pages will shred and destroy your soul, and only your heart will be able to save you. The darkness that boldly seeps around you can only be counter-balanced by the light that dares to desperately make its intentions known. There is no middle ground ...more
Denise Van plew
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Right off the author dives right into something intriguing and suspenseful, so you better know how to swim. Gray is a girl who is looking for something she desperately needs and at the same time you derive she is on the run from something dangerous. It seems to be some serious business also the lengths she goes to. At the same time she is being watched and followed but she thinks she is in the clear. So either way if you did know how to swim or not by the time she reaches her destination you are ...more
Toula
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story has both POV. Thane and Gray (Sara. You see Gray hiding and disguising her self at the beginning and you wonder why . By this time your hooked. You see where she sleeps and how much she only eats and you wonder "would I be able to do that". Thing is she's running from the Russian mob. They made her think that they saved her from her brother. Little does she know what it is really behind the scenes. Someone is always always following her . So she goes to Santa Barbara via bus . Even th ...more
Jessie
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

Wow, the author wastes no time jumping into the book. Right from the start, the reader is sucked into a high intense and fast moving plot. At times, the author has a unique ability to describe a scene or emotion in a poetic way. Unfortunately due to grammatical errors, it is difficult to get completely submerged in the book. Regardless, the book had a great plot, it was a fun read, and the author did a great job.

The chapters go between tw
Shayay
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh man! Cliffhanger! I did really enjoy this book, despite the cliffhanger, and I'm really looking forward to the next book! I liked Gray as a character, although she does make some questionable decisions, and she really is quite naïve, but I still liked her and was rooting for her. Thane is wonderful! I do hope in the next book that the characters are given more depth, and we find out more about them. I think Gray and Thane are cute together, and I'm really looking forward to how this story is ...more
Love Africa Book Club
This is a good read. Gray has had a really tough life and is on the run. There are people watching and following her everywhere and she's constantly at the alert. When she bumps into Thane she thinks it's a random event but Thane also has his own agenda and has also been following her.
I have to say I didn't quite connect with Gray but the intrigue and suspense of the story is what kept me turning the pages. There was so much going on with the Mob and human trafficking and I really wanted to know
Meredith
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, netgalley
I'm not sure how to review this book.

We get dual POV's in this book. I liked that. I like when I get to see both sides and what they are thinking and feeling. I think it helps in understanding what is going on a bit more. I know not everyone is a fan of more than one pov but I am.

The book starts out with the heroin on the run. We slowly learn her back story through dreams and back flashes.

I like how the story unfolded. I liked both the hero and heroin.

I feel like as soon as I got into the book
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This book was a great surprise for me. I thought I was gonna read a nice easy going story. I was so wrong. This story was so much more and I loved it.

Gray is on the run. She trusts no one. When she finally decides to put roots down she meets Thane. Although she doesn't want to get close to anyone her heart and Thane has other ideas. Things can't be simple for these two as they both have secrets.

From the start I found this to be a gripping read. I literally could not put this down. The story is a
Heather andrews
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it

There weren't any naughty bits and I desperately wanted some, I mean Thane did some frisking, "Thane’s hand leaves the curve of my waist and drifts lower and the next thing I know he’s grabbing my butt and giving it a good squeeze." But other than a few heated kisses, "his kiss is primal and heated and it sears my flesh and turns me completely inside out." Nothing big. Cliffhanger alert as well wasn't expecting that, I really liked Thane and to me I thought the story moved kinda slow there were
Renee at Book Happiness
I received this for an honest review... I found this to be a good read just not really what I was expecting but good.

I found the story to be a bit slow. I wish there had been a bit more romance and chemistry between the characters.. I am anxious for the next book in the series. Im anxious to see where the author takes these two!!!

The Mysterious Reader
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
TG Ayer and Toni Vallan’s Desperation duo are a powerful set of books. The first, Beautiful Collision ends in a cliffhanger that is the starting point for the second, Beautiful Conviction. As a result I don’t see how (now that they’re both published) anyone could do anything but read them together and that’s how I’m reviewing them. These really are extremely well written books. The plot is superb (though I’m not going to summarize it as I don’t want to accidentally spoil anything - and the publi ...more
Chrissi
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: misses
I give this a 3.75 stars
This is one of those books that you either love or hate.
With dual POVS we get both character views, but with a jumping timeline, things get a little murky and confusing. We need the flash backs to gain insight to the characters, but they also confuse as well.
Add to that the book ending quickly, some would consider it a cliffhanger, you just find yourself wanting more. However it is the first in the series, so all questions cannot be answered and the ending tied up with
Cortnie
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books where you feel like you are holding your breath through the whole story. It is dark, sometimes painful, tragic, suspenseful, emotional, beautiful, and gripping. It is one of those stories, that while it is fiction, it is so honest and brutal you forget it isn't real. The characters are very well written and very easy to slip into so you are living the story with them. I highly recommend this book, but I must warn you that you won't want to put it down and it will haunt ...more
SJ
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily decided to review it

This is a very well written romantic suspense masterpiece. On the run and changing her appearance constantly, Gray is tired of running. She thinks she has done enough to keep herself safe.

She is unaware that more than one person is after her, can she trust anyone? Will she be able to keep herself safe?

Suspenseful and exciting, the plot line is excellent and all the flashbacks help you piece together what is happening. This b
Lady The Owls
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

She is tough and goes through so much in this story. He is out to help her but she has no idea he knows who she is. I love this type of story. So many secrets and mystery that propels you along within the story just to find out what will happen next. I have so enjoyed this story and hope to continue on with it. I would recommend this book to any one that loves adventure, mystery, secrets and suspence.

Andrea
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This a brilliantly written book! The story is well thought out and athough the topics in this book are raw and traumatic the way it has been written is simply brilliant. This is the type of book that will keep you on the edge of your seat, waiting and wanting to find out how it turns out. The raw emotions and the dark storyline in this book will stay in your mind well after reading it.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Cindy Jeffers
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book wasn't at all what I expected.

The flashbacks, and chapters passing between points of view, allow the reader to understand the story from both main characters "minds", as well as why the heroine is running.

I REALLY didn't like the cliffhanger ending, so I guess I have to read the next book :-)
Diana Perry
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book may have emotional triggers for some readers.
First book I have read by this author however will not be my last. Dark Romance that shows both sides of Hero & Heroine. Will their pasts keep them from the promise of a lifetime together? Strongly recommend this book! I voluntarily read this ARC and this is my honest review
Christina Luberts
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another good book by T. G. Ayer. I could not put it down. You have Sara(Gray) who has lost her parents and a brother who is no good. You have Thane who is FBI looking to take Roshkow down and is following Grey and is falling in love with her. Can Thane save them? Can Sara endure whatever Roshkow plans on doing with her when he finds her? I received and arc copy for my honest review.
Gin
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! So good! 4.5 stars. Beautifully written dark story with romance and sensitive subject matter. A young girl on the run from the mob has a hero protecting her. I loved this story. Dark suspense romance is one of my favorite genres and this is a good one. Can’t wait for the next book. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC.
Darlene Long
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Can I have 10 Stars please? This book moved me. And the only reason it took 2days to read is I had company (damnit) ;). I LOVE this story. And the great thing is I just bought the next one. Oh yeah you Defiantly have to have kelenx. It’s like watching a train wreck. All you can do is stare and hope against fate.
Karen
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is more of a Romantic hybrid rather than a straight-up romance. The storyline is mostly flashbacks with various twists, sexiness, and good characters who have struggles and chemistry. I liked it but wasn't fond of the order (flashbacks to present), I tend to dislike reads that jump around in that manner. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Tanya
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read which will be difficult but it is very real issue. It is about sex trafficking and the author has kept it as real as they can. Well done
I received an advanced copy and I enjoyed it so much that I want to review
Richard Goodrum
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intense Russian Mob Thriller. Sara/Gray is a strong character. The story has challenging scenes. But it is well written and worth reading.

I received a copy of this book as a gift. I am leaving my honest review.
SouthernAngel
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A romantic suspense with an air of mystery.
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Live By The Team (Team Fear, #1)
  • Duce (World's End #1)
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • X-Ops Exposed (X-Ops #8)
  • Dead Wrath (Valkyrie, #4)
  • Just Desserts: A Multi-Author Collection of Bite-sized Delights
  • Like the Night (Blood Bathory #1)
  • Roaming Wild (Steele Ridge, # 6)
  • Shift (Wolves of Hunter's Rock, #1)
  • Between Heaven and Hell (Lonesome Hearts, #1)
  • Betrayed (Rockfort Security, #2)
  • Suspicion At Sea
  • Bitten by Design (Regent's Park Pack, #2)
  • I Know Lucy (A Fugitive #1)
  • Ricochet (Rise & Fall, #1)
  • Complicated (Secrets and Lies, #2)
  • We Met in Death
  • For Sure & Certain

Desperation (3 books)
  • Beautiful Conviction (Desperation, #2)
  • The Desperation Series - A New Adult Romantic Suspense: Beautiful Collision & Beautiful Conviction