Start by marking “The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)” as Want to Read:
The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)

The King's Men

(All for the Game #3)

4.64  ·  Rating details ·  15,653 ratings  ·  2,241 reviews
Neil Josten is out of time. He knew when he came to PSU he wouldn't survive the year, but with his death right around the corner he's got more reasons than ever to live.

Befriending the Foxes was inadvisable. Kissing one is unthinkable. Neil should know better than to get involved with anyone this close to the end, but Andrew's never been the easiest person to walk away fro
Published December 3rd 2014 (first published December 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The King's Men, please sign up.
Kait Try The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater! A lot of readers of All For The Game seem to also enjoy her books.
Camille it was originally just published as an ebook but you can get physical copies of all the books on amazon!

·  15,653 ratings  ·  2,241 reviews

C.G. Drews
Read 2 | February 2019

i can't b re a t h e. Honestly this series has just caught my heart and hustled its way in to take a firm place on my favourites of all time list. Yes it's messy and imperfect. But it's flawed in such a raw way and the characters are just loveable wretches...I can't evenvennnn. I love Neil. I love his attitude, his vicious need to cling to love, and the way he and Andrew find some peace within each other, something to fight for when the world has only ever left them bloody.
Claudia Ramírez
SO PROUD. SO PROUD OF MY PRECIOUS SONS.

GO NEIL! GO KEVIN! GO ANDREW! GO FOXES! Ahhh, with Kevin I feel like singing Ham's part in Dear Theodosia: "Look at my son! Pride is not the word I'm looking for!" (also with Neil tbh, words can't describe how proud I am of him).

I feel like a proud mom, is that weird? And I know I've said "proud" x1000 times in this short review, but I can't help it, THAT'S HOW I FEEL ABOUT MY FOXES. It is rare when an author makes me care so much about a whole bunch of fic
Kai
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Fight because you don't know how to die quietly. Win because you don't know how to lose. This king's ruled long enough—it's time to tear his castle down.”

The King's Men is one of the best books I've read in 2016, and maybe the best conclusion to a series ever - apart from Harry Potter. Nothing beats Harry Potter.

Honestly, though, there are so many amazing series out there. However, only a few of them have an ending that's as amazing, or even more so, as the other books in a series. Loose ends a
kat
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i would literally eat dirt for neil josten

✨    jamieson   ✨
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: LITERALLY EVERYONE
Recommended to ✨ jamieson ✨ by: tumblr thanku i love u
whAT A GOOD DAY TO THINK ABOUT ANDREIL AND HOW THEY ARE THE GREATEST THING TO HAPPEN EVER IN LITERARY HISTORY

ANOTHER EDIT: You know how I'm always talking about how Andrew is my favourite character ever but I can never decently explain why

I found this on tumblr and it puts words down okay

Do you ever just hurt when you think about all the times Andrew must’ve taken beatings from his mother in Aaron’s stead? And how he almost killed a bunch of guys for being homophobic towards his cousin? How An
may ➹
May stop rereading the emotionally destructive books and acting surprised when it breaks your heart again challenge failed

-------------------

update: I thought I was free from this obsession for at least a little while but yesterday I read a fanfic and now I’m destroyed again

update: this series has given me a book hangover and I’m unable to read anything unless it’s related to this and I’m deeply disturbed by how far this obsession goes

[inhales deeply] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

it’s fine every
Lila
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing

My mind is blown away.
There is a special kind of rush you get when you are having final book in series in your hands.
It gets even more special when that closure comes after 2 years of waiting.
But this kind of emotional satisfaction I am feeling right now you get only when book is everything you hoped to be and a thousand things more. The King's Men was definitely worth the wait.

Last sentence of The Raven King gave us pretty much a big hint where will the plot of this book go: Neil and his team
rin
this is the only book

~~~~~~~

this 🙌 was 🙌 everything 🙌 he 🙌 wanted 🙌 everything 🙌 he 🙌 needed 🙌 and 🙌 neil 🙌 was 🙌 never 🙌 letting 🙌 go 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

i would die for this series, these characters and everything about it

~~~

first reread in 2018 lmao
this is still so good so damn goooooooood and so damn gaaaaaay and pls remind me who i was before i read this series bc i dont remember it in the slightest

anyway andrew and neil are the softest boyfriends and it's just facts

~~~

psa: this is the best andreil fic th
may ❀
More pain ahead with my support group ♡♡ Our Very Own Wymack (Em), Renee's Imposter (Sil), and The Kid Who Thinks She's Andrew (Pragg) ♡♡

How do you write a review for a book that so thoroughly ruined you? Don’t know? Me neither. Huh, we’ll just have to see where this goes.

description

Throughout the entire series, I’ve been wondering how I’m going to manage to live when I finish the last book. Well here I am now, crying with a serious book hangover and a black void swirling in my heart.

I miss my babies a
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Beautiful.

Heart wrenchingly, agonizingly beautiful.

You won't know what it means to be happy and alive until you've read this series. Honest to god it's so fucking amazing.

Andrew freaking Minyard.

NEIL fucking JOSTEN.

Leave me be.
Don't mind me while I go and tattoo their names on my face.

JK.

But really tho.
(cries for days)
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
THIS BOOK... I CAN’T... I NEED MORE... DESPERATE FOR MORE...

HELP... NEED MORE...

I'm going into a rough book withdrawal. I don't think I'll get over it, like... ever...
Aleksandra
There could be 500 more pages of all of them doing literally nothing, and I would gladly read it.

This book will forever be my favourite thing in the world.

[1st read 20/06/2017]
[2nd read 24/07/2017]
[3rd read 26/01/2018]
[4th read 14/06/2018]
[5th read 09/07/2018] umm— nooo, I’m not obsessed *sneaks out to get a fox tattooed on forehead*

***

Wow. I just found Nora Sakavic's tumblr... how have I not looked for it sooner, idk... I have all the answers I needed. I can die in peace now 🙏🏻
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Re-listen 2/2019

Hello. My name is Cupcake and I'm a Foxes addict.

It's confirmed since I legit just power listened to 12 hrs, 33 mins of this book. Despite the so so narration the story itself is so captivating that it almost made it a non-issue. Almost. If I didn't love this series so much I probably wouldn't be so passionate about the narration, but these characters deserved someone phenomenal rather than mediocre.

I probably won't listen to it again in the future but it was still nice hanging o
Simone
'Reread' via audiobook December 2018:

WafrEocLmEJkeIOerknMiofElaeA = !!!

^^^That's me resting my case here: perfect narration for a perfect book/series!

----------------------------------------------

“Stay,” Andrew said, and leaned down to kiss him.
Time was nothing. Seconds were days, were years, were the breaths that caught between their mouths and the bite of Neil's fingernails against his palms, the scrape of teeth against his lower lip and the warm slide of a tongue against his. He could feel
✧ k a t i e ✧
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Neil had been doing one stupid thing after another all year long and this had turned into the best year of his life."

THIS. SERIES. HAS. RUINED. ME. I haven't read a series in a long time that I was so emotionally invested like how I was with this one. I honestly wasn't expecting to like this story, let alone be so obsessed with it the way I am now. This series took me by storm, and I am glad to have ended my year (ehh, it's close enough to say that) with this series.

I loved how Sakavic wro
imts
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone everyone everyone
"Is your learning curve a horizontal line?"

Nora Sakavic is officially one of my favourite authors ever. That's literally all I can say about this series.
Emma
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rereading these books made me appreciate them even more. Especially this last one. These characters are so complex that spending more time with them can only make me love them more.

I could rant for pages about The Foxes and what Nora Sakavic did with these books. On of the things I appreciate most is how she was brave enough to take the triggers and topics that make people squeamish and address them head on. It's not for effect or to add some angst in. She shows how people live the best they ca
⚔ Silvia ⚓
BR/third reread (for me) with Lorenzo (it was her 10th time smh)

Oxford should update their dictionary to spell love as a n d r e i l

_____

05/02/2017
Re-read with my little vixens EmMayPragya even though I was slower than all of them and they finished ages ago but oh well

I'm just so grateful for having found this series. It has helped me in more ways that I can write here because I'd get too personal.
Its fandom is one of my favorites out there and its characters feel alive in my head like
Ais
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
There are no spoilers in this review, for anyone wondering.

I just spent all of Sunday rereading the first two books in the series so I could read the third, that I only recently realized had come out. I always get a little worried going into the end of a series, because sometimes the whole previous story gets ruined by choices made in the last book or episode or movie or whatever.

Well. Not the case here. I don't even know why I worried.

The second book left off on a really intense point, and t
Meags
5 Stars

According to GR, over 13,000 people have read this book.

Almost 10,000 of those readers rated the story 5 stars.

I was only about 7% in when I decided it was going to be full stars from me, too.

The ratings don’t lie.

This story was FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!

Read it.
Wendy
Re-read 8/5/17...still just as freaking awesome !!!
Re-read 4/10/17

Wow.....I don't even know what to say after finishing this series. I have started these books because Susan told me to, and by now we all know...when Susan tells me to do something I listen :P

She was right though, as usual. These books blew me away !! I can't thank her enough for this wonderful rec !! You are the best ;)

I don't really want to go into the storyline, because there are so many awesome reviews for these books alrea
sandeep
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt, 2018-reads, 5-stars
5/5 Stars

This series destroyed me in the best way possible.

I just love these characters so much and their character development. I could read hundreds of pages of them doing literally nothing. I just found Nora Sakavic's Tumblr with all the answers I needed. I can die in peace now.

FINALLY THE ROMANCE I WAS WAITING FOR! And it was so worth the wait, it was just beautiful.

(view spoiler)
Fabi
I feel like I just finished a marathon. I took a short break between book 1 and 2, but I read 2 & 3 back to back. These are not short books and book 3 was the most intense of all. It was well worth the effort as this series went immediately into my very exclusive all time favorites shelf.

I'm not going to really review it. One, because there are tons of wonderful reviews for it already. Two, because it's quite impossible to review this book without spoiling the previous two in the series. It'
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
"I didn't say anything then because I knew I'd look out for only me when the world went to hell. I don't want to be that person anymore.
I want to go back for you."

GUYS.

GUYZZZZZ.

There's this, like, weird ache happening in my chest? And my eyes are like.... dripping and wet? AND HELP SOMEONE HELP I HAVE SO MANY FEELINGGGGSSS!!

NORA SAKAVIC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME, YOU MONSTER?!

I just sent my brain to her room for not making me read this sooner.

I know I didn't seem too ecstatic in my revie
Romie
february 2018: well, tears again, see you in a year

February 2017:

Why does everything have to end ?
Like, I understand the story can't go on forever, I understand I should be happy Nora Sakavic has an amazing Tumblr - even though I already read everything she wrote so .... yeah - but I'M SAD BECAUSE I HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE.
I truly believe this book is the best of the trilogy, first because it's the longest one - and god knows I would have wanted it even longer - and second because a LOT of thing
April
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahh! I'm having withdrawal after finishing this amazing book and series. The final book completed this series so perfectly. And each character was so well written that we got to see them develop throughout each book.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
The Foxhole Court - 4 stars
The Raven King - 4.25 stars
The King's Men - 4.5 stars

Honestly, I thought the first two books of this series were lovable trash. They're not particularly well-written and the entire plot concept is kind of absurd. But this one somehow managed to get me to literally actually cry. I'm STILL kind of shocked that this made me cry.

The character work here has stepped up its game. Every side character feels so real and developed, even with very little pagetime. These characte
Mel
Reread 2017: yep this was as good as I remember and as addicting as I remember. Aaron is a fucking asshole though, always will be.

I finally filmed and posted my youtube review if anyone wants to watch!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWC_b...

Ok before I start, I am known for putting spoilers in my reviews. THAT WILL NOT BE THE CASE IN THIS REVIEW. I want people to read this series so bad. Therefore, I want people to read this review and get excited and not get spoiled. ANY spoilers posted will
  • Fade (In the Company of Shadows, #4)
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 1 (Fallocaust, #2)
  • Off the Record
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Matelots (Raised By Wolves, #2)
  • Double Down (Shadow of the Templar, #2)
  • Broken Fortress (Rifter #6)
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
Hey lovies!
I have a Goodreads account, but I'm never really here, so I apologize for any & all missed messages -- I'm not trying to ignore you, I'm just not here to answer them. <3 <3 One day I'll have a stable means of communication, but for now you can find me on Tumblr & twitter more easily than you'll find me here. Sort of.

All for the Game (3 books)
  • The Foxhole Court (All for the Game, #1)
  • The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)
“This,” Neil flicked his finger to indicate the two of them, “isn’t worthless.”
“There is no ‘this’. This is nothing.”
“And I am nothing,” Neil prompted. When Andrew gestured confirmation, Neil said, “And as you’ve always said, you want nothing.”
Andrew stared stone-faced back at him.”
496 likes
“This isn’t about the Ravens. This is about you. This is about everything it took you to get to this point, everything it cost you, and everyone who laughed when you dared to dream of something big and bright. You’re here tonight because you refused to give up and refused to give in. You’re here where they all said you’d never be, and no one can say you haven’t earned the right to play this game.
“All eyes are on you. It’s time to show them what you’re made of. There’s no room for doubt, no room for second guesses, no room for error. This is your night. This is your game. This is your moment. Seize it with everything you’ve got. Pull out all the stops and lay it all on the line. Fight because you don’t know how to die quietly. Win because you don’t know how to lose. This king’s ruled long enough—it’s time to tear his castle down.”
303 likes