Start by marking “Shadows and Gold (Elemental Legacy, 1)” as Want to Read:
Shadows and Gold (Elemental Legacy, 1)

Shadows and Gold

(Elemental Legacy #1)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  2,192 Ratings  ·  123 Reviews
The first novella in the Elemental Legacy series:

SHADOWS AND GOLD

Failing grades. Misleading wind vampires. And a fortune in forgotten gold.
Traveling to the most remote region of China certainly wasn’t what Ben Vecchio had in mind for his summer vacation, but when Tenzin suggested a quick trip, he could hardly turn down a chance to keep her out of trouble and practice the
Published December 5th 2014 by E. Hunter/G. Draven

Elizabeth Hunter
Sep 11, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shadows and Gold Audiobook

Shadows and Gold is now available in audio!!

Amazon ->http://amzn.to/2wQOjnH
iTunes -> http://apple.co/2wR4H7P

Other sales links for e-book and paperback:
➜ Amazon: http://amzn.to/2aqrCe9
➜ iTunes: http://apple.co/2k22ex9
➜ Nook: http://bit.ly/2iDGJqq
➜ Kobo: http://bit.ly/2jB2V3O
➜ Smashwords: http://bit.ly/2k26zk8

So, I can't remember who came up with "Benzin" but I think it started showing up on my author page around the publication of Shadows and Gold, which is the first prequel novella for the
Kara-karina
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5
Shadows and Gold was cheeky, sassy and wonderful. Ben and Tenzin are some of my favorite characters in Elemental World, and while in the beginning of this year we found out about Tenzin's past in The Bronze Blade, now we are finally participating in her present life. And what a life it is!

She is quirky, ruthless and very particular. I never know what she's going to do and what are her motives, and her partnership with Ben is pure perfection.

Ben grew up in a fine, fine young man. He's got s
Shari Kay
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
3.5 ✭ hmmmm. I enjoyed Ben, but Tenzin...not enough to round up.

The plot is rather thin, but the storyline is only there to give venue to the strange relationship between the vampire Tenzin, who's been alive for millennia, and the 21 year old, human Benjamin. S & G is basically a road trip at heart.

Tenzin discovers by chance that one of her old treasure caches' is about to be compromised. Ben is struggling with his Mandarin for school and Tenzin's lost gold just happens to be in China. So a
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
I enjoyed this book tremendously. Fans of Ben and Tenzin will truly appreciate this. Gah, I can't wait for the next book.

Ben in that towel, my tongue was wagging. Tenzin he is not a boy anymore.
Melindeeloo
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars= I really likeD it. Shadows and Gold offers up an adventure for ancient Wind vampire Tenzin and the now grownup Ben Vecchio and kicks off a new series with Ben in the lead - and does it in a very satisfying manner.

Boy, has Ben come along way from his beginnings as the street smart youngster adopted by vampire Giovanni. Ben is great here and coming into his own and learning to stand up to Tenzin - who also continues to be a fascinating character. I have always really liked the friendship
Kate's Corner
Ever since I read the Elemental Series which are fantastic by the way. I have wanted a book with Ben and Tenzin. They are great together. Tenzin has no sense of boundaries and their relationship is changing hopefully into what I want it to be.
I always pictured Tenzin to be younger in the other books so I’m glad that Ms. Hunter gave us a age reference. I loved how Ben calls Tenzin, Tiny.
Ms. Hunter has written a great introduction to the Elemental Legacy but for me it was too short. I need more.
RoloPoloBookBlog
Shadows and Gold by Elizabeth Hunter
An Elemental Legacy Novella
Source: Purchase
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Review:

Let’s just take a moment to stop and appreciate the awesome that is Tenzin!!

And done . . . now on to the gushing about the awesome that is Tenzin.

Shadows and Gold is just what I have been waiting for and so much more than what I had hoped for. I knew Elizabeth Hunter would eventually deal with the whole:

"Tenzin?"
"Yes?"
"I'm bored."
"Me, too."

thing that happened at the end of A Fall of Wat
Paula
Elizabeth Hunter is a freak of nature and I mean that in the most positive way. Everything she writes is just pure gold. Her stories never disappoint. It's truly extraordinary.

"Shadows and Gold" is no different.
This novella focuses on Ben and Tenzin and their trip to China.
Those two characters are amazing and the dynamic between them is all sorts of things - funny, harmonious, sweet, caring, gentle, challenging and sexy.

It's so weird to see Ben all grown up and all man. But he definitely is
Belkis
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Another good one from EH and the Elemental Mysteries series. So excited over the upcoming Elemental Legacies series featuring Ben!!! WooHoo!!!
Karen
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this author and am very glad that she is continuing in the same world with characters I have come to love. This new series takes on adventures with two characters who have been seen but never fully explored like the rest. Ben and Tenzin have an interesting dynamic and will be doing things that will keep us jumping. We get to see Ben's world expand even more as he tries to find his place in a world of vampires.

Tenzin sees a news program about the destruction of a province in China and pu
Kathy
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elemental Legacy #1
Shadows and Gold (Elemental Legacy, 1) by Elizabeth Hunter Shadows and Gold by Elizabeth Hunter
Like the Elemental Mysteries series, which features primarily Beatrice (B) De Novo & Giovanni (Gio) Vecchio, the Elemental Legacy series features Benjamin (Ben) Vecchio & Tenzin, with appearances by many of the well-known Elemental World characters as well as introductions to many new characters within the Elemental Universe.

This book gives us our first real look at how the friendship between Tenzin and Ben has progressed and how
Snow White

Ben:
description
Marilyn
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm starting the like this spin off series (well, with Elizabeth Hunter, you can't go not liking her books!) and this my first read of the Elemental Lagacy! Look forward to next book on Ben And Tiny!
Christine
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all the elemental books and have been so sad when I finish a book, but so happy to know that with each book I get to experience another character in the elemental world. This story was one that intrigued me because I always felt Ben and Tenzin had such a special relationship and connection. In the other books you get to know Ben as he is younger and learning about his new world/life. When I started reading this book it was a shock to hear how grown up and such an amazing young man Ben has ...more
Kelly Martin
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ben and Tenzin get their own series?! Please excuse me while I freak out!

Don't get me wrong, I loved Gio and B and the rest of the gang, but Tenzin has been my spirit animal since book 2, and Ben has become one of my favorite characters, ever. I love how their friendship has grown over the years, and how much they've come to trust each other. It's honestly been a thing of beauty to read, and I'm so, so ecstatic they're getting their own books.

And seriously, the set up to this has left me complet
Jenne
This was entertaining especially for a novella. I've neglected the spin off books in this series for too long now. I've always had a soft spot for Ben and it was cool to see him all grown up. Tenzin had me lol'ing at times too. I'm glad I finally read this and I won't be neglecting these books again!
Emma Fearon
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant

I was just taking a chance to try this book and only knew the blurb. What a wonderful surprise! Quick, witty and so enjoyable. I cannot recommend highly enough. Truly time we'll spent and I'm on to the next one.
RachelW (BamaGal)
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
An intriguing taste of Tenzin and Ben. Can't wait for their full story.
Beth
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this novella. A nice little adventure for Ben and Tenzin. BUT I am more than ready for their full blown epic love story. NEED IT NOW! Please, Elizabeth Hunter. This was just a tease.
Kimberly
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Ben & Tenzin

I love anything Ben and Tenzin. This story did not fail.

Reading about Ben's dreams about flying, giving us a glimpse of his future without him even realizing it was very interesting. I wonder who Tenzin has in mind of turning him? Because you know that it won't be her. She loves him, and I think that it's more than motherly when you really get to the core of it. But whoever does turn Ben, you do know that she will kill. She won't have him under ANYONE'S control.

This should
Rachel Brunello
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE Ben and Tenzin!!

I’m so so so excited Ms. Hunter is writing Ben & Tenzin’s story and adventures!! I seriously freakin LOVE this world and all of the characters!! Gotta go, I’m off to read the next novella!!
Epicbookaddict
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG, Ben is growing up and having his own adventures and well yum...!!
Remedi68
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Betsy
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth can do no wrong . Every one of her books is a most satsifying read full of excellent world building and wonderful characters with great depth.
debora m winkler
Long love affair

Have a love of these stories and characters . As always well written,entertaining and great characters. Looking forward to many more stories.
Susanne
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sjov og underholdende
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
loved it
Such a great couple. it makes me want to go to China
Gari Thesnale
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Great as always-can't wait to read more about Ben in the Legacy series. Very fun read and really liked it
Brittany
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
O something is going to go down with these 2:)
  • Tall, Dark and Supernatural: Seven Deliciously Dangerous Heroes of Paranormal Romance
  • Seduce (Succubus Kiss, #1)
  • Seeing Black (Seeing Red, #2)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Shades of Kink: From Alphas to Masters
  • Our Own Brand of Heroine
  • Sensual Danger (Venice Vampyr, #4)
  • Forbidden Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #4.5)
  • War's Passion (Sons of War, #1)
  • Snowflake Wishes (Echo Lake, #0.5)
  • The Tease (Darling Killer Trilogy, #1)
  • I Need You For Christmas
  • Le Cirque D'Amour (Burlesque! #1)
  • Three Gothic Novels: The Castle of Otranto, Vathek, The Vampyre, and a Fragment of a Novel
  • Blood and Snow: The Complete Set
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • Secrets in Stone
  • The Haunted (Sleeping with Monsters #1)
ELIZABETH HUNTER is a USA Today and international bestselling author of romance, contemporary fantasy, and paranormal mystery. Based in Central California, she travels extensively to write fantasy fiction exploring world mythologies, history, and the universal bonds of love, friendship, and family.

She has published over thirty works of fiction and sold over a million books world-wide. She is the

Elemental Legacy (4 books)
  • Imitation and Alchemy (Elemental Legacy #2)
  • Omens and Artifacts (Elemental Legacy #3)
  • Midnight Labyrinth (Elemental Legacy, #4)
“She” 0 likes