Start by marking “All the Stars Look Down (Elemental Mysteries, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
All the Stars Look Down (Elemental Mysteries, #4.5)

All the Stars Look Down

(Elemental Mysteries #4.5)

A duo of Christmas romances from two top names in paranormal and fantasy romance.

In SUNDAY'S CHILD, Grace Draven heats up a cold and lonely Christmas when museum archivist, Claire Summerlad, meets a mysterious new co-worker. Andor’s past may be a mystery, but is a future with Claire possible with a centuries-old punishment hanging over his head? Father Christmas meet
Published November 24th 2014 by E. Hunter/G. Draven (first published November 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about All the Stars Look Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Stars Look Down

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Sunday's Child by Grace Draven - 4.5 stars

As much as I've been meaning too, I haven't read anything by Grace Draven since Master of Crows nearly two and half years ago.

Shame on me.

Sunday's Child combines Norse mythology and the modern world, giving us a harried single mother and the Thor-like warrior (glamoured to look human) who, after nearly 1000 years of exile, finds a reason to stay in Midgard . . . permanently.

I LOVED it. I loved it so much that I just downloaded the aforementioned Master of/>Sunday's
Elizabeth Hunter
Nov 20, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lost Letters and Christmas Lights is an all new Christmas novella featuring Giovanni and Beatrice from the Elemental Mysteries. It shares the page with Grace Draven's gorgeous new story, Sunday's Child in ALL THE STARS LOOK DOWN.

Writing Gio and Beatrice is always a fun time, and adding in the romance between Fina and Zeno made this novella a dose of pure happy for me to write. I love these characters, and I know they're reader favorites. I hope you enjoy reading Lost Letters as much as I enjoye
-ya
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
My rating is for the first novella: Sunday’s Child by Grace Draven. It is set in our time with a sweet mix of Norse mythology and some magic;)

On Christmas Eve, young Claire met Santa’s ^bodyguard^ Andor.

Andor: ‘What do you see?”

A small hand rose, fluttered across his face. “Forever. I see forever.” She smiled, revealing a missing front tooth.

Claire, a Sunday’s Child, had a gift of sight to see beyond Andor’s glamour. Years later, Claire was a single mom working as an/>Andor:
Kara-karina
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sunday's Child is surprisingly tied up with Dr. Vecchio. How? You have to read it to find out. *wink* All I'm saying: there is a mystery hidden right here... This is a lovely romantic story which has proper nostalgic Christmas-y feel to it, and I totally enjoyed it. Doubly because it's a contemporary paranormal, and I only read Miss Draven's fantasy before. Never fear, it's fab! Recommended.

Lost Letters and Christmas Lights is a delightful short story which gives us a glimpse into G
Hollis
This rating & review is for Draven's SUNDAY CHILD only.

Norse mythology, Saint Nicholas, a single mother, an autistic child, and the magic of Christmas. Very sweet.

"Have you ever killed anyone for fun or had an affair with a sheep?"
"No to both questions."
"I'm so sorry, that came out wrong."
"That came out odd. I don't think I can imagine a way such a question might come out right."

The beginning was full of Draven's typical and wonderful snark and humour and the rest was.. not heartbreaking but a little melancholy and/>"That/>"I'm/>"No"Have
Monique
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two great holiday reads!
I liked Draven's story the best, even though it was lighter than here usual fare (Well - it's a Christmas story, after all). The H/h were very likeable and real, even with the H - Andor - being an elf in disguise. lol
Hunter's story was pretty good, but there wasn't much of a climax. Plus, I felt like I was missing something; it's obvious that I need to read the Elemental series.
4.5 happy holiday stars!
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
LOST LETTERS AND CHRISTMAS LIGHTS by Elizabeth Hunter review:

I’ve made it clear in recent reviews that there is nothing I enjoy more from a novella, than a holiday novella. I get this fluttering of Christmas spirit when I read one and it could only have the smallest of mention within the story. LOST LETTERS AND CHRISTMAS LIGHTS had me feeling the Christmas love throughout the book! And I must say, I loved being back with Beatrice and Gio. Especially Gio. Oh how I have missed my sweet Gio. But i
RachelW (BamaGal)
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars. Lovely, heartfelt Christmas romances from two of my all-time favorite authors. I liked the way children were woven into both stories; and it's always good to spend time with Gio and B. Highly recommended.
Karen
I really liked this duo and found myself lost in both of the stories, one with characters new to me and another with friends that I have missed. Because there are two stories I averaged the stars out to 4.25 for the book. I have never real Grace Draven before but definitely liked the tale that she has included in this book with characters who felt enough like people I found myself liking and would like to see more of in the future. Then there is Elizabeth Hunter who I have been reading and enjoy ...more
Michelle
4.5 Stars -- both novellas were very good

Sunday's Child - My first time to read a story by Grace Draven and I really enjoyed it. It's a sweet fantasy romance and very touching. Andor's (view spoiler) and Claire's back stories were interesting and I liked both of these characters very much. Andor's friend, Nicholas, was a good character, too. One good thing about novellas, there's not really enough time to become too angsty, but I certainly/>Sunday's
Deena
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I only learned of this book's existence today - which is also when I bought it, and read it. I wasn't really thinking about Ms. Draven - I only wanted another Elemental World story. But Ms. Draven's story comes first, so I read it first. I still wasn't thinking about who Ms. Draven is, or how much I loved The Master of Crows. But I adored the story!

And I adored the story by Ms. Hunter. It was great to read another story about Gio & Beatrice, and the story itself was interesting despite
Beth
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this collection because of Elizabeth Hunter's novella but I really enjoyed both stories. I have never read a Grace Draven book but I read Sunday's Child in almost one sitting. I didn't want to put it down. I will have to look at her other books. Lost Letters and Christmas Lights by Elizabeth Hunter was good. I felt the romance was rushed but since it is a novella I guess it had to be rushed. Both stories were quick reads.
Dr susan
This review is only for Sunday's Child. I will update the review when I read Elizabeth Hunter's story.

Grace Draven is a wonderful author, and I love her fantasies. Sunday's Child made my heart hurt; it is a beautiful love story with elements of magic and an autistic child (my niece is autistic). For me, Sunday's Child is also hauntingly sad, but I cannot explain without spoiling the story, so you should read it and draw your own conclusions.
Nui
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sunday's Child by Grace Draven - 4 stars

Love It!

Lost Letters and Christmas Lights by Elizabeth Hunter - DNF

Never read Elemental Mysteries before and can't relate to the series.
Anne - Books of My Heart
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, 2016
This was a nice story with a glimpse at some favorite characters and some holiday fun. B and Gio adding to their circle of family and friends while solving book mysteries.

(I did not read the Grace Draven story at this time, hopefully later.)
Kaitlin Williams
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I honestly love anything Elizabeth Hunter has written and now have a new fascination with Grace Draven thanks to this book. I did not know this book was a duo novella, but was pleasantly surprised with the sweet Christmas based story and would recommend for a short fantasy read!
Keri
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Both stories were charming and I loved Andor in Grace's story to bits!
Debrac2014
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I only read Sunday's Child by Grace Draven. Wonderful Christmas story! Unexpected ending, made me teary.
Edna
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars for Grace Draven's Sunday's Child. I really love her books.

I haven't started Elizabeth Hunter's Elemental series yet, so I'll wait to read her story since its book 4.5 in the series.
Carla Smith
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Truthfully I got this for Grace Draven's story which was a lovely Christmas tale - but you'll love both offerings.
Jennavier
Apr 21, 2015 rated it liked it
My rating is for Grace Draven's Sunday's Child.
Diane
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two enjoyable holiday PNRs, both with an appreciation for history and humanity

You can count on both Grace Draven and Elizabeth Hunter to create characters you care about and root for. Even in the shorter form, both these romances convinced me that they were more than superficial.
I like smart and curious protagonists, so these stories, both initiated by historical documents, naturally appealed to me.
It's interesting that they do not have the same answer to the immortal-loving-a-mortal iss
Dee Smith
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two very enjoyable novellas

This was a very good book containing two stories from two excellent authors. First was Sunday's Child by Grace Draven which was a wonderful story. I enjoyed it tremendously and thought it was very well written.
Then we have Lost Letters and Christmas Lights by Elizabeth Hunter. I loved this for several reasons, first and foremost because Gio and Beatrice are in it. Truly though it use a very interesting story and we get to know Fina and Zeno, who are wonderful charact
Limecello
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I liked not loved this - in fact I liked the Elizabeth Hunter story more than the Grace Draven, although Draven is why I got the book :X

the Christmas story was ... not exactly *sterile* but just lacking that oompf ... oomph? [See? I'm more distracted by that then the story.]

the vampire story was very obviously part of a series, but what I liked is that it didn't matter/you had sufficient information, and everyone felt like they fit. It was warm, sexy, and fun.

Grade C
Abbey
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So far, I've only read Elizabeth Hunter Novella.

This was great! One of the best novellas I've ever read. I look forward to reading it again.
Patricia Bello
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love visiting with Gio and B again! And this time for someone else's love story.

Grace Draven's story is equally intriguing. Hmm, must check her out I believe.
Gowri
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow
Saidah Gilbert
I only read Elizabeth Hunter's story.
Betsy
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth can do no wrong . Every one of her books is a most satsifying read full of excellent world building and wonderful characters with great depth.
Lin Cunningham
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had missed this originally but was not disappointed & so glad to have read it at last
« previous 1 3 next »

• Amid the Winter Snow
  • Spirit Woods
  • Unearthed (The Heights, #2)
  • Shades of Kink: From Alphas to Masters
  • Christmas in Duke Street
  • Tall, Dark and Supernatural: Seven Deliciously Dangerous Heroes of Paranormal Romance
  • Legacy of Darkness (The Jago Legacy, #1)
  • An Urchin of Means (Baker Street, #1)
  • Dirt Nap (The Marnie Baranuik Files #2.6)
  • The Vampire Pendant  (Blood Genies, #1)
  • Lost Girl (Hidden, #1)
  • Fractured Steel
  • Twelve Shades of Midnight
  • Rogues to Lovers
  • Marked By Temptation (Coven Pointe #1, Jade Calhoun #4.5)
  • Three Gothic Novels: The Castle of Otranto, Vathek, The Vampyre, and a Fragment of a Novel
  • The Island
  • Wrecked (Iron Seas, #3.4)
ELIZABETH HUNTER is a USA Today and international bestselling author of romance, contemporary fantasy, and paranormal mystery. Based in Central California, she travels extensively to write fantasy fiction exploring world mythologies, history, and the universal bonds of love, friendship, and family.

She has published over thirty works of fiction and sold over a million books world-wide. She is the

Elemental Mysteries (4 books)
  • A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1)
  • This Same Earth (Elemental Mysteries, #2)
  • The Force of Wind (Elemental Mysteries, #3)
  • A Fall of Water (Elemental Mysteries #4)