Start by marking “The Visitor (KT Morgan #1)” as Want to Read:
The Visitor (KT Morgan #1)

The Visitor

(KT Morgan #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  36 ratings  ·  14 reviews
"The tension builds with each page."

When Christine Westman bumps against a stranger in a Jacksonville supermarket, he gives her only one month to live. A killer moves into Christine’s walk-in closet and watches her nightly preparing for the day of her death. Can Christine survive when midnight hits and The Visitor comes calling?
Published October 14th 2014 (first published September 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Visitor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Visitor

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Visitor (KT Morgan #1)
Sue
THE VISITOR (K T Morgan #1) by Kathryn J. Bain is a fast-paced action short story that will not disappoint. This is about a young woman who thinks her ex his coming into her house and rearranging her belongings. But what she doesn’t know is that there's someone in the closet.

“Christine Westman bumps against a stranger in a Jacksonville supermarket, he gives her only one month to live. A killer moves into Christine’s walk-in closet and watches her nightly preparing for the day of her death. Can
Linda Strong
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Christine Westman thinks she is losing her mind. Things she normally puts in one place turn up in places she never uses. So who is getting into her house to scare her? She's afraid that it might be her ex-boyfriend who gave her back her key, but maybe made a copy first? Changing the locks on her doors seems to be the answer.

But then again .. what if the visitor is already inside? Living in your spare room ... or closet? Watching you sleep at night? Touching your things during the day when you're
Jackie
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely suspenseful. Short but packs plenty of gripping action.
Ellen White
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Madman who thinks of them as pretty things, and that they are only thinking of themselves. The newest object of her attention a full length mirror. The author delves into the madman’s thought of what he sees.
Thankful for walk in closets, a game of hide and seek. A short, but action packed, with thoughts given of both the madman and the victim.
Riveting to the end.
Clare Revell
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A short, yet gripping read that is high on suspense. Christine is sure someone is in her apartment as things move. Is she imagining it, and losing her mind, like we all feel at times? Or is there really someone there, and if so, who? This story from Ms Bains will keep you reading, and double checking the locks at night.
Randy Tramp
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't read this book before going to sleep. It'll scare the wajepees out of you. Unless you're ready to be terrorized.

What a gripping story. Drew me in from the first sentence, and didn't let me go until the end.

What Christine Westman doesn't know can kill her. A man in her closet who messes with her mind.

I loved this story and look forward to the next one in the KT Morgan series.
Rachel
3.5 stars.

I'm impressed with this story. I don't expect too much with short stories, but the cover is what got me interested. It's written from the killers point of view but also that of the main female character. I liked KT the most, I related to her more than the others. Definitely worth checking out.
Judy Dudley
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I read by this author, Kathryn Bain. I read it from beginning to end in one sitting. It was an engaging story, with plot points that kept me intrigued all the way through. The characters were believable, especially the antagonist with his evil thoughts and words which made me shudder. I found myself almost holding my breath a few times as I read. I found this story to be quite entertaining as well as terrifying. Thank you, Ms. Bain, for a wonderful read!
Marlys
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great story, I enjoyed it. The main character found out she had more courage than she thought she had.
The author gave me a copy of this book and this is my voluntary review.
Jeanine
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good, tense story.
Brittany Riggs
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Too short

It was super exciting but lacked detail at the end. I would have liked the suspense to.grow more towards the end
Jen
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Your home is your refuge, a safe place where you can relax, but there are moments when that notion could be disrupted immeasurably as in Kathryn J. Bain's The Visitor.

To read this, and other book reviews, visit my website: http://makinggoodstories.wordpress.com/.

Christine thinks that she might be losing her mind, or at the very least doing strange things while tired, as she finds her things in places she'd never put them throughout her home. But it isn't just Christine's tiredness causing these
Linda Rainey
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! This was a fast paced, action filled short story.
The story was so developed and the author packs a lot of emotion in a short span of time.
KT was a surprise and I look forward to reading more about her.
When the story first started,I thought it would be about a woman accepting her fate instead of fighting, boy was I wrong.
Thank you for an advance copy of this book and in return I give you my honest opinion.
Lauren
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a quick entertaining read about a young woman who thinks her ex his coming into her house and moving her belongings around. Little does she know there's someone in the closet. Overall great read, that keeps you guessing how it is going to end.
Andrea
May 16, 2017
vicki lee zell
Apr 12, 2018

• Play For Time
  • Cozy Up to Blood (The Cozy Up Series Book #3)
  • Travel Light, Move Fast
  • All You Want (Desiring Danger Book 3)
  • The Known World
  • Tinted Chapstick (The San Francisco Mystery Series #4)
  • Berlin (Leo Keane International Thriller Book 3)
  • Turning On
  • A Killing Truth (Leine Basso Thriller, #1)
  • Sativa Strain (The San Francisco Mystery Series #5)
  • Wall of Silence
  • Sleepless Street (Shelby Griffin, #3)
  • Sleepless Hunt (Shelby Griffin, #4)
  • Sleepless Mind (Shelby Griffin, #2)
  • Sleepless Night (Shelby Griffin, #1)
  • Followed East (Exalls Attacks, Book 2)
  • Exposing Ethan (Cassidy Kincaid Mystery Series, #4)
  • The Stillwater Girls

KT Morgan (2 books)
  • Small Town Terror (KT Morgan #2)

News & Interviews