Start by marking “If You Believe” as Want to Read:
If You Believe

If You Believe

ebook
Published November 18th 2014 by Clean Reads (first published November 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about If You Believe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Believe

Start your review of If You Believe
Vonnie
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it

I cannot begin to imagine how it would feel like to lose your true love. This was what happened to the main character Melody. The synopsis of this book sounded bittersweet. Because the story was set during the holidays, I wanted to learn how this tragic love story had a happy ending. I was not disappointed.

Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I am not generally into the habit of reading books about dead spouses returning to help their other half get through the grieving process. Why, you ask? Frankly I find these type of stories clichéd and somewhat creepy. Yea! I know it sounds strange from someone who loves the paranormal genre. However, there was something about this book that just kept calling to me to give it a chance.

If You Believe was an emotional read. It was heart wrenching and it brought tears to my eyes. Although Jack is
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
If I'm going to read a book about ghosts, this is the kind I prefer to read! Nothing scary here, just Jack, coming back to the world after he's dead, formed into another person's body (I don't really know how that happened) and trying to find a husband for his now widowed wife.

Yeah, it sounds a bit weird, I know. If felt a bit weird sometimes but overall this is a sweet book. Jack has good intentions but he ends up bumbling things up quite a bit. Melody is confused by "Jack" and his presence in
Dana
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was a quick read, mostly because I couldn't put it down. I loved the character of Jack. He warmed and broke my heart at the same time. Such an unusual twist.
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it

What I Thought:

I thought this was a very sweet book. It was heart wrenching, heartwarming and everything in between. I found myself thinking 'If I had passed, would I want to do this for my hubby, if he were struggling to move on and live his life?' and though I know I would hurt, just like our main character did, I think I would. The amount of love he held in his heart was unbearably high.

May wrote this story so well that I felt the love, from both our main characters. I knew that they truly
Katie W
I'm not a big fan of angel books, but this one was fantastic! There is so much emotion involved in this story--heartbreak, loss, love, humor, and hope. I'm still reeling!

Melody and Jack had a wonderfully romantic marriage and relationship, but when Jack dies suddenly, Melody finds herself lost--she just can't let go. Jack just wants Melody to be happy and to find love again. He takes it upon himself to help her along and to find someone for her to love by midnight on Christmas Eve. Of course,
Tracy
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a story about Melody and Jack. More so than anything else. This is more a story of letting go than of getting. I’m really torn on this story. I’m not much in the way of tear jerkers and this one was really pulling at the heart-strings. I won’t tell you about the book. Just suffice to say that Jack is gone. And though it’s been years, Melody hasn’t really moved on. She’s still stuck in that very hurtful place. And Jack hurts for her and is determined to help her find another love. ...more
L_manning
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Melody and Jack were true soulmates. They loved each other more than anything else. Unfortunately Jack passed away and now must watch Melody go through life alone. However, Jack finds a way to come back and help Melody. All he has to do is find someone she can fall madly in love in. By midnight. Christmas Eve. Jack's working on a tight deadline, but he'll do everything in his power to make Melody happy again.

This was a very sweet book. Melody could not just forget the great love of her life
K.M. Lowe
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One word - FABULOUS! I have to admit that I have never read any other books by this author. I came across this book while promoting my own books, and I am so glad. The Book cover captured my attention right away and I had a few books that I had to read before, but I am kicking myself that I put it off for so long. This book was nothing that you would expect. It is such a lovely holiday story that will last in your mind for a while. I could actually see this book as a Christmas movie.

It reminded
Rochelle
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*Received a copy of this book for an honest review*
What a beautiful, heartwarming story. The writing was absolutely spectacular. I loved how short it was and how it felt like I've read more than 200 pages. A lot of things were happening which made me not want to stop reading. I loved the characters as well, especially Jack and Adrian.

What I liked about Jack was how he loved Melody so much that even if he was already gone, he still wanted what was best for his wife. He would do anything to make
Dana
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tear-jerker
description

Wow! This book had me in tears! If You Believe was quite a bit less steamy then the books I typically read but I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet and emotional story about love, loss and moving forward.

It has been three years since the love of Melody's life, Jack, passed away. Although she is getting by day to day she is still hurting and is having a hard time moving on with her life.

Observing from the other side,
GraceMyBookSnack
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-galley
Review also posted at My Book Snack

3.5 Stars

If You Believe is a short story centered around the holiday season. It’s been about 3 years since Melody lost her husband, Jack. Jack is now an angel/ghost, and he wants Melody to finally make peace with what had happened in the past and move on with her life. He makes the decision to shift into a man named Oliver so that he can try and find someone special for Melody.

She may have seemed fine on the outside working daily at her bookstore, but inside
Sherry
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. One of the great things about it is that the main character owns a book store. Which tells you right off that she is definitely a great person, who deserves happiness.

She is a widow named Melody, who thinks she won't, or can't (shouldn't?), ever find love again. Partly she is afraid to try because she doesn't want to risk losing someone again.

In this story her husband is allowed to come back as a ghost and help her find someone to love. He doesn't really have much luck
Mary Brown
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Melody has lost the love of her life, Jack, and knows in her heart that she has found and lost the man she is supposed to be with. She goes through life working at the bookstore that she owns and spending time with her family and friends, but she has no interest in finding a new man.

Jack returns to earth as an angel in the hopes of finding a new man for Melody. He wants her to love again and have a chance at the family that they can never have. Changing his appearance, except for his eyes, he
Marybeth
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you Believe by Mya O’Malley was an intriguing book to read. There were several times during the book that I stopped and was like….I don’t know if I like this, but then wanted to keep on reading. Then there were times in the book where I loved it. It is a book with such conflicting emotions. How do I feel about this book? The more I thought about it, and talked about it the more it grew on me, but right after I read it I thought…I have no idea how many stars I should rate this book.

Here is
books are love
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet sweet clean romance. Melody is lonely, scared and missing her husband. He was taken to soon and from what is told about him and the actions he takes to try to help her move on and find love again he was a nice kind man who loved her with everything he was. Melody though is resistant. She fears that by moving on she will forget Jack but that simply isn’t true and Jack helps her see that in this fun sweet tale of Melody finding room in her heart for Adrian. Adrian is a really ...more
Kim
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
3 to 3.5 stars

After reading a few intense stories lately, If You Believe was just what I was looking for. It is a lighter feel good read most of the time although it certainly had its heart wrenching moments too.

I don't know what I would do if I had to face the loss of my husband like Melody did, but I am hoping I am much older and very gray when it happens. Melody didn't have that luxury, losing Jack 3 years ago at a young age and very unexpectedly to an allergic reaction. She is still lost
Amber Jones
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it

This was a lovely tale of how true love works. It was intriguing to read how Jack's ghost watched over Melody and tried to help her move on with her life. At the same time, Jack struggled to
Jazmen
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mya O'Malley's, If You Believe, reads like a lifetime movie. With an angel, lost love and second chances--this book reads easy.

Melody's husband Jack has died leaving her feeling lost, and not capable of loving again, ever. Jack who's now dead and gone, sees how unhappy Melody is, and he wants to fix it. He wants Melody to find love again and he thinks he's just the guy to do it.

If you Believe is a sweet moving tale of love, life, and second chances. Melody struggles with life and happiness with
Sylvia
I found this to be a very emotional read. I cried from start to finish. Normally I consider a book a success if it can pull me in and make me cry. This time the emotions were over the concept more than being in tune with the characters.

Melody lost the love of her life when Jack suddenly passes away. The story takes place a few years later when Jack returns during the Christmas season to assist in finding Melody a new love so she can move on and be happy. I love the idea of this. It has great
Nicole
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Melody is still struggling with the death of her husband, who died suddenly a few years ago. She hasn't dated since, and can't really be happy about her favorite time of year, Christmas.

The book starts of with a spirit who wants someone he/she left behind on earth to be happy. It took a few pages to figure out who this spirit was. This spirit makes a deal and has until Christmas Eve to help this person be happy again.

In the next chapter we are introduced to Melody and her book shop (loved that
Jenny
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
***Though I speak in generalities, I reference part of the outcome of the book, so to some, this might be more info than you want if you haven't read this yet.

This book has me wishing I could give it a 3.5, but I'm going with a 4 because the story did draw me in and keep me interested throughout, and it's a clean romance. :) I thought the characters were strongly written, and I enjoyed the storyline for the most part, it was just a little weird how she "borrowed" a body for one of the characters
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The premise of this story really sucked me in: Melody considers herself lucky that she has already found love once in a lifetime. Her love story, however, abruptly came to an end; all hope of finding love again disappeared the day she lost Jack.
Jack knows that Melody’s heart is big enough to give love a second chance, the challenge lies in helping her meet just the right man. Not sure if he’s an angel or a ghost, Jack finds himself searching for a man to make Melody feel alive once more. He had
Jo
Jan 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
I found 'If You Believe' by Mya O'Malley a rather odd story, and my one star rating certainly shouldn't be taken as the standard if many of the other glowing reviews are anything to go by - but I was just uncomfortable with it.
To say that a ghost story wasn't believable seems a trite thing for me to say, but when writing ghost stories (which is effectively what this is), in my own opinion, the author needs to write with the intention of absorbing their readers so completely in their imagined
Tara
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
This was a sweet book about Melody who lost her husband, Jack, three years prior. Jack comes back to earth to check on her and sees that she's still sad and hasn't moved on...so he decides to give her a little nudge and help her once again open her heart to love.

I think I struggled with this one a little because with Jack essentially being present throughout the book, it was hard for me to really connect with Melody and Adrian's story...especially since that wasn't really given much
Mylissa Demeyere
Feb 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a free copy in return for an honest review.
This story was a clean, cute, romantic read with a touch of the spiritual.
Melody lost her husband Jack a few years ago, and is still struggling to deal with the loss, especially now at Christmastime. She runs a quaint book store, and this is a real fun element in the story.
Jack returns to earth as Oliver to help Melody find a new love by Christmas eve.
In comes Adrian, a perfect match for Melody, but can she let him in? Is she willing to open
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I don't know how to describe this one except to say it was a little odd. Was this supposed to be a romance between Jack and Melody or how she moves on and meets Adrien? I guess it echos the feelings Melody would be having as she tries to get over the love of her life and move on to try to find another. I guess having Jack play an actual physical role in helping Melody move on was just hard to "witness" and somewhat confusing emotionally. By having Jack still be there it was really difficult to ...more
Karon
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful angel love story. Jack and Melody were deeply in love when Jack unexpectedly passed away. Melody has moved on with her life, become a business owner, but is still reluctant to find love again. As an angel, Jack’s heart is breaking to see Melody so unhappy. So he goes back to earth to find Melody a husband. Although his time on earth is limited, he tries every tactic he can think of to find the suitable man for Melody. His heart breaks every time he sees Melody with another man but he ...more
Sam B
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this ebook through ebooksforreview in exchange for an honest review.

I really loved this book. It’s a Christmas book about a man, Jack, who died about three years prior and who comes back on Earth to help is widow, Melody, find love this Christmas season. His time down here is limited though. He only has until Christmas Eve. Also, Melody can’t know who he is, so he comes back with a different appearance.

I think the author did a great job with the book. Lots of scenes were funny, but
Meghan
Mar 06, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a beautiful, at times quirky and at time very emotional story. I was expecting a sweet and easy read when I read the summary, which was completely fine, but I encountered so much more. The characters had a depth to them where I could feel the emotional pain, turmoil, joy, love and more. The words created a world where I wanted to go find this book store and make it my new go to place, I wanted to know these friends and find this park. More I was like gee why didn't my teachers read these ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Mya O’Malley

Mya O’Malley was born and raised in the suburbs of New York City, where she currently lives with her husband, daughter and three step-daughters. The family also consists of two boxers; Destiny and Dolce and a ragdoll cat named Colby. Mya earned an undergraduate degree in special education and a graduate degree in reading and literacy. She works as a special education teacher and