Start by marking “The Devil's Angel” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Angel

The Devil's Angel

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  57 ratings  ·  8 reviews
When Dean turns up at school, Jack knows he's different to everyone else. They form a bond and make wild plans about starting a band while they dabble in drink, drugs and teenage rebellion. But Dean's darker side rears its head and throws them down a dangerous path.

Particularly suitable for struggling, reluctant and dyslexic readers aged 12+
Paperback, Dyslexia Friendly, 97 pages
Published January 15th 2015 by Barrington Stoke (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Angel

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·

Start your review of The Devil's Angel
Marite Juul
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Enkel (tilpasset dyslektikere) fortelling om de to kompisene John og Dean. Dean er den nye gutten på skolen, og allerede første dag setter han skolens bølle på plass. Dean eier ingen grenser, han er aggressiv og provoserende, og alltid på jakt etter trøbbel. Det kommer ikke som noen overraskelse at han ikke lever lenge. Beskrivelsen av Dean og hans vennskap med John er god. Men tiltross for at fortellingen handler om en trøbbelmaker, blir det aldri særlig spennende, og spenning er jo nettopp hva ...more
B Pluto
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I honestly liked this book. It was a really quick read, but an enjoyable one.
Tijn Enthoven
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Book report by Tijn Enthoven
The devil’s angel
The book takes place in modern times around 2010 I guess. The setting of the book is in a little town in England. In the town in England there isn’t much to do so the head characters are pretty bored and that’s why they sometimes do stupid things.

The theme of this book is uncaring about everything. The two main characters by example like to annoy other people and think it is funny and not carrying about the victim. Here is another example: one of the
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
The Devil's Angel by Kevin Brooks was quite gritty and intense about two friends, Dean and Jack. There's plenty of drinking and violence and the sort of behaviour that you might expect from two uncaring teenagers. But there's something different about Dean. Jack and Dean are friends right from Dean's first day of school when he cames in and punches the biggest, toughest guy in school. But he doesn't seem to stop either, he needs more violence more unrest.

It's quite hard reading this short story
Angela
I had an hour to kill in town the other day so went to the library and came across this little gem. I'll read absolutely anything written by Kevin Brooks, I think he is amazing. This was a fun and quick read though not as dark or gritty as his other books. I think this may have been written for struggling readers but I may well be wrong about. Even so, it was a good read.
Beth
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was very short, easy to read, dark, quite grim at times and fairly violent. All in all an interesting read. I did not like Dean as I found him strange and unlike-able. The story was fast and quite exciting. I like absolutely everything about Kevin's books with Road of the Dead still my favourite closely followed by Lucas and Bunker Diary.
Jacky
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was a quick read. Not even 30 minutes have passed until I was done and I don't think this book has changed anything in me.

It was a story that many people would be able to tell you and I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Still, there was something nice about it.
Nicola Westlake
Matthew Orrell
Mar 13, 2017
Katrina Piggott
Jan 03, 2019

• The Boyfriend Game (First Kisses, #5)
  • Daughter
  • Feminists Don't Wear Pink (And Other Lies): Amazing Women on What the F-Word Means to Them
  • Lies, Knives, and Girls in Red Dresses
  • When I Hit You: Or, A Portrait of the Writer as a Young Wife
  • Boys Don't Try? Rethinking Masculinity in Schools
  • A Kestrel for a Knave
  • Black Butler, Vol. 2 (Black Butler, #2)
  • Tell Me How This Ends Well
  • Familiar Things
  • Black Butler, Vol. 7 (Black Butler, #7)
  • Getting Away With It
  • Black Butler, Vol. 9 (Black Butler, #9)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 8 (Black Butler, #8)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 5 (Black Butler, #5)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 4 (Black Butler, #4)
  • The Rabbits
  • Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)
Kevin Brooks was born in 1959 and grew up in Exeter, Devon, England. He studied Psychology and Philosophy at Birmingham, Aston University in 1980 and Cultural Studies in London in 1983. Kevin Brooks has been in a variety of jobs including: musician, gasoline station attendant, crematorium handyman, civil service clerk, hot dog vendor at the London Zoo, post office clerk, and railway ticket office ...more