Start by marking “18 Thoughts (My So Called Afterlife, #3)” as Want to Read:
18 Thoughts (My So Called Afterlife, #3)

18 Thoughts

(My So Called Afterlife #3)

Olga Gay Worontzoff left the Underworld for her final year of high school anxious for things to return to normal, but fate has other plans.

The new hottie at school reads her thoughts but nobody else’s. Her best friend wakes up from his coma acting like a completely different person. Caught in a world that’s a mix of familiar and supernatural, she must confront what she
Published January 27th 2015 by Curiosity Quills Press

Start your review of 18 Thoughts (My So Called Afterlife, #3)
Katie Hamstead
After I finished the first two books, I jumped straight into this one to see how things would end with Olga and the boys. This book started out strong. I loved that we saw Nate and Connor's perspectives as well, although it did make me like Connor even less. He always came across as selfish, even with his intentions for Olga.
But about halfway through, things just got... weird. Things made me uncomfortable and I found myself glancing around to make sure no one else was around.
But what bothered me
Melanie Adkins
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Olga looks around as she enters Conner's hospital room. The first thing she noticed was the really hot guy in the next bed. Olga sat, as she usually did, waiting for Conner to come out of his coma. She'd felt guilty about his accident. She just wanted him to wake up and be Conner again.
Nate had moved to this small town with his family. He'd been in an accident that killed one other boy. Being in the hospital gave him to much time to think about it. When the hospital room door opened, Nate's
 Reading Divergence
REVIEW: 18 THOUGHTS by Jamie Ayres (MY SO-CALLED AFTERLIFE#3)

"Normal" is overrated.

In the exciting conclusion to the MY SO-CALLED AFTERLIFE trilogy, Olga gets to practise her spirit guide role along with Nate, a hottie she could really go for, if only she wasn't stoned in love still with lifelong best friend Connor, still in coma from his sailing accident. Nate can hear Olga' s thoughts, though no one else's, and is just a little too.smug about her repressed interest in him.

Jamie Ayres has an
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

For this review I thought I stick to the theme and present it in 18 thoughts (more like ramblings). Make that one.

2. I'd only just finished reading 18 Things, the first book in this series before starting this one (as I read 18 Truths already last year). Therefore at the beginning it felt like I was reading a different version of the same novel.

3. As many things synchronized, I actually quite liked that.

4. In the second part I started
Kritika Narula
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally Reviewed at So many Books, So little time
This is the third installment of the trilogy, and in a matter of full disclosure I haven't read the previous of the series, but since the plot intrigues me, I thought it would work well as a standalone book.

I couldn't have been more correct. This book has a breathtaking suspense and mystery of its own, uncertainty looming large over the characters till the very end.
Beginning with the prologue, that was truly what set me alight on the
zapkode
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
{My Thoughts} – Olga, Connor and Nate all have something in common. The problem is that neither of them really know what is that they have in common other then each other in present day.

Olga and Connor went sailing one day and Connor was hit by lightening and fell in the water. Olga when in after him to save him, however, Connor was stuck in a coma.

Nate on the other hand had been drag racing with a pal of his and all though he crashed he lived, but not without landing a stay in the hospital.

Nate
Tonja Drecker
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first and second book in the series, I was, of course, looking forward to seeing how the story comes to an end. I was not disappointed, but even surprised that this book was better than the first two.

It was a little strange watching Nate, Olga, and Conner wake up as if the first two books had never happened, and it took a little bit for this new view on things to sink it. But as soon as the new circumstance slid into my brain gears, I realized how wonderful this twist was--a
Sarah Ann
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book from Jamie Ayres. 18 Thoughts is the third and final book in the My So Called After Life trilogy, and let me tell you this was a perfect ending to this great story. 18 Thoughts is all about second changes when Olga, Nate and Connor get another chance at life. Nate ends up with a fun little "talent" that makes things very interesting between him and Olga. Some of these scenes are absolutely hysterical especially before they realize what is going on. Other scenes I found ...more
Julie
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

I really enjoyed this book. I felt like I was reading a little bit of the first 2 books again, which had my head spinning a bit at times... but once again, as in the other two books, the journey that these well put together characters are going through makes for some wonderful reading. I don't want to go into any details as it would give away not only this book but the other 2 as well. But I highly recommend the "My So-Called Afterlife"
Jana
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
I received a free copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

It was so so good. I just really enjoyed the mixture of the supernatural, spiritual and realistic stuff in the whole series and I felt so much for the characters. Jamie Ayres's writing is definitely super engaging. I will do a spoiler-free series review on my channel soon.
Stephanie
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Way to end a series

All 3books were fantastic...but this is my favorite. From the start to finish it had me sucked in. So sad to see the series is over..but looking forward seeing the authors next writes!! So glad it ended the way it did. Don't miss this series!!
Teresa
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a first reads giveaway and It was a really interesting yet enjoyable read!
Ranu
Apr 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, ya
Find more reviews on my blog : The Bookish Life

I have seriously mixed feelings about this book. After reading this, I did have that elated feeling which comes with finishing a good series, but I simply couldn't ignore the less-than-perfect start. Let's start with the things I didn't like that much and save the good stuff for last.

The Bad:

1. It was 18 Things all over again. The first half of the book was boring. Most of the things that happened were the things that had already passed in 18
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I did like this third book a bit more than the second, but I could have really done without the multiple first-person POVs. It was interesting to read things from Nate’s perspective… right up until he was hearing Olga’s thoughts (cool twist) and she couldn’t stop thinking about how hot he was while visiting Conner, who was in a coma (so much less cool).

I was less than thrilled with the love
Candice Carpenter
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am fresh off completing this read and I have to say that it is fantastic!

Olga meets Nate in a hospital room that he shares with her comatose best friend Conner. Olga is in love with Conner and has been daily at his beside since the accident that left him in a coma. Nate has been hospitalized for an automobile accident. Upon meeting Olga, Nate realizes he has the ability to read her thoughts...

After convincing Olga that he's not crazy and can indeed read her thoughts, Nate begins to pursue her.
Bri
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
What I liked: This book read a lot like a redo of the first book, and in many ways it sort of was, even though things were different this time around as well. Nate's new ability to read Olga's mind was an entertaining part of the book in some ways. Conner acts different from the way we knew him in the second book and it led to me having some theories and questions about who it could really be, or what. It was interesting how they don't have memories of what happened to them before, but it did ...more
Kelly
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Olga’s best friend Connor wakes up from his coma a completely different person. His hot hospital roommate Nate is able to read Olga’s every thought. Within a couple of days Olga’s world has completely changed and it is now filled with supernatural activity. What is going on? Can she fix this?

This is the third book in the ‘My So-Called Afterlife’ trilogy and I didn’t read the first two books before starting this one. Woops! Regardless, this book was easy to read and I think the most important
Phillis
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
3rd book of the trilogy. I liked the 1st book, didn't really care for the second one until I finished this 3rd one. Everything came together I told the author when I met up with her about a year ago that I really liked the 1st book but thought the second one wasn't as good. She thanked me for reading them, (and probably thought, wait til you read the 3rd one), and I told her I was going to read the 3rd one when it came out. Its out, I read it and I loved it. To write a paranormal series when ...more
Krystal Wade
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From the moment I first read about Olga to the one where the story came to a close, I've been captivated. She made me cry, laugh, get frustrated, want to strangle someone, and fall in love. I never quite knew who to root for in this series, as every character had its flaws--they were real, struggling through some real issues, and some supernatural--but in the end I felt like Jamie took the story exactly where it needed to be.

Nate, Olga, and Conner are back on earth and struggling with a whole
Stacy
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I felt that the conclusion to this series is fairly satisfying. SPOILER ALERT: They solved the main problem of the Sam, which was pretty huge. She didn't choose between Conner and Nate, which is good because hey, they are only 18. It make sense that she chose Conner to finish out the school year, but I am glad she didn't cut ties with Nate. I am also glad the mind reading thing went away. Not good for long term! I am also relieved that they aren't just re-doing a limbo thing, which seemed ...more
Eliza Tilton
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was really interested to see how Ayres would tie everything up in this last book. I'm happy to report that not only was the conclusion satisfying, but the ride was enjoyable. A great end to a great trilogy.
Ann
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great conclusion!

There were some truly scary-real parts to this that had me on the edge of my seat. Although I did want Olga to make her choice between Conner and Nate, I understand that she needed time, so being single at the end made sense. Team Nate! :)
Erin
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Valerie
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Last book in a trilogy. I liked that in this book the three main characters are trying to rectify their wrongs, how they died, and get past themselves. Plus Nate can hear Olga's thoughts. Such an interesting plot twist.
Terry
Feb 07, 2015 rated it liked it
It was,a nice read. I was a little disappointed with some of the ending chapters. One of the things I did notice was there was a bit too much merchandising that will eventually date the book. Thanks to Goodreads for the giveaway and the chance to read 18 Thoughts.
Lindsey
Jun 19, 2016 rated it liked it
This was better than the second one but not as good as the first. The spiritual and supernatural aspects weren't quite what I was expecting.
Ryann Barker
Sam Miller
rated it it was ok
Jan 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5, 0.6, 1.5, 3.1, 4.5)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  • What I Want
  • Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World
  • Everybody, Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People
  • Chasing Better: Awakening the person you have always longed to be
  • Remind Me (Chop Chop, #10)
  • Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done
  • Smart Money Smart Kids: Raising the Next Generation to Win with Money
  • Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
Jamie Ayres writes young adult paranormal love stories by night and teaches young adults as a high school English teacher by day. When not at home on her laptop or at school, she can often be found at a local book store grabbing random children and reading to them. So far, she has not been arrested for this. Although she spent her youthful summers around Lake Michigan, she now lives in Florida ...more

My So Called Afterlife (3 books)
  • 18 Things (My So Called Afterlife, #1)
  • 18 Truths (My So Called Afterlife, #2)
“people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.” 4 likes