Start by marking “Seventh Mark - Part 1 (Hidden Secrets, #1.1)” as Want to Read:
Seventh Mark - Part 1 (Hidden Secrets, #1.1)

Seventh Mark - Part 1

(Hidden Secrets #1.1)

Like most teenagers, Rouge is trying to figure out who she is and what she wants to be. With little knowledge about her past, she has questions but has never tried to find the answers. Everything changes when she befriends a strangely intoxicating family. Siblings Grace and Michael, appear to have secrets which seem connected to Rouge. Her hunch is confirmed when a horribl ...more
Published November 26th 2013 by Dark Shadows Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Seventh Mark - Part 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seventh Mark - Part 1

Start your review of Seventh Mark - Part 1 (Hidden Secrets, #1.1)
Adrielle
May 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
This novel has instant everything. It's the McDonalds of novels. Want instant attraction, instant friendship, instant in the middle of a plot and instant paranormal try hard? Want some dialogue with that? Super size it! Queue that greasy, heavy, bloated feeling you get when you've had too much take out. I now need me some serious exercise to rid myself of those unwanted pounds. Time to get healthy and find a novel rich in character development, description and world building before I turn anorex ...more
Allison ☾
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Considering I got this entire box set for $.99 it was not bad at all. I can't be mad. This story was pretty interesting.... everything just happens SO. FAST. Here's a summary:

Rouge: I’m new.
Grace: We are BFFs now.
Rouge: Okay let’s go.

Rouge: *gets attacked by some beast*
Rouge: What was that thing?!
Michael: A supernatural monster called a Grollic.
Rouge: Omg okay!

Michael: I’m no good for you.
Rouge: But I like you.
Michael: Screw it, let’s make out.

Michael: There are things I can’t tell you.
Rouge: Bu
Marcie Wegner
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story has supernatural elements, mystery, and the beginnings of a love story. The characters needed a little more development and background to get the reader really involved in their story. The book is part 1 of 2 and really left the reader hanging, wanting to know what was happening. I would not get Part 1 without Part 2. W. J May did a wonderful job incorporating the story of little red riding hood into the book and I think with part 2, this will be a well thought out and interesting stor ...more
Summer
Oct 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-so-much
Horrible. Nothing made sense and everything clicked together instantly.

Rouge is a foster kid that moved with her foster parents. Okay. But she doesn't really like them, never wants to be home much, and they get crabby if she's in the house for the weekend? Then why move with them across the country?
She's been in her new place a few days (a week?) and she stops by the school (that magically seems to be open) to take a look around. Rouge runs into Grace and then this monstrosity of a scene happe
Dusky
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am Surprised, but I Actually Liked This Book

I love YA books, even though I haven't been in that age category for about ten years. I like the clean-ness of this book. It has a kind of supernatural I have never heard of, so that is nice.

The storyline was good, except it just cut off in the middle. No revelations made at the end. Just the end, buy part two to find out what happens. Seriously, that was cruddy. Why cut a book into two parts, short parts at that? Then make you pay for the rest of th
Auntie K
Aug 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Title: Seventh mark

Author: WJ May

Publisher: Dark Shadows Publishing

Published Date: July 8th 2014

Pages: 70

Summary: Beautiful Rouge has little knowledge about her past, she has questions but has never tried to find the answers. Everything changes when she befriends a strangely intoxicating family. Siblings Grace and Michael, appear to have secrets which seem somehow connected to Rouge. Forced to be apart, Michael and Rouge's worlds collide when a hidden terror threatens to destroy Michael's fam
Rosie Amber
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Seventh Mark Part 1 is a YA paranormal fantasy set on the west coast of Canada in the town of Port Coquitlam. Rouge Riding has recently moved here with her foster parents and at 17 she's about to enter her final year of High School. Whilst out jogging at dusk she meets a super hot mysterious guy in a cemetery and can't stop thinking about him.

The next day Rouge heads to school to pick up her timetable and get her bearings, she bumps into Grace who instantly takes her under her wing befriending R
Kim
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
W.J.May did an great job telling the story. A very quick read. Gives great details,keeps you in suspense and wanting more. My first book I have read by W.J.May and can't wait to read more. I recommend this book for any ages and if you like Fantasy then this is one series you will NOT WANT TO MISS.
Cat
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebie
First, I'd like to thank the author for the note about the cliff hanger ending.

Second, I enjoyed this story. There's a ton of mystery but there's some humor and a bit of romance, too. Characters are interesting, though I could use more about all of them. I suppose that's the point...Overall the pacing is decent and narration was entertaining.

Must read #2!
Melanie
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was okay. I really like the writing and the plot looks interesting. My only problems are that, first, the editing is not really well done - especially concerning speech symbols, and secondly, the book ended too abruptly. Yes I am aware that there's a cliffhanger disclaimer at the beginning, but it still was too short and abrupt. And not in a good way. I enjoyed it nevertheless.
Jenny Miller
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Found myself not liking it.. then liking it... then not...

went back & forth with a bit of a loose story-line that drags out twists for an incredibly long time, but still found myself wanting to know what happens next. Looking forward to the rest of the series
Pamijo Perkins
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
It took a little bit to get into, but I got there. Makes for a good YA short read. By the time I finished the book, I found I wanted to go get Part 2. Not that bad when I read every book I can get my hands on. I needed a short book, and this foot the bill.
Emma Taylor
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An amazing read!

Seventh Mark is a pretty fast paced book so there wasn't any dragging and I loved that the most. There's a mysterious feel to it as well. All in all I recommend to anyone who enjoys shifter books. You'll definitely love this book and anticipate the next one.
Victoria
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Mary E
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I'd like this book but I was wrong! It was great! Can't wait to read part two.
Kathryn Synoracki
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the beginning of Rouge's journey, to find out who she is and where she belongs. It's also a story of love and strength. I highly recommend this series and can't wait for more.
Catherine
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
cant wait to read the second one
Paige
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This book was Okay,

I found it an easy read when I was looking for something quick and light, but it wasn't something I would say had me hooked right away. For me this was the kind of book I found was good just to kill an hour of time or something like that. The plot was okay, but I found it picked up way too fast and I didn't really get the chance to get to know Rouge and the other characters. The description of the characters was also one that got me a little confused. I don't think the author
Jack Vasen
Twilight much? I could actually visualize the characters and setting in that movie as I read.

Fast reading but there's no subtlety. There is an attempt to keep the reader in suspense as the secrets unfold, but it is like an information dump. There is no character development. So far characters like Caleb are one-dimensional and Michael isn't much better.

It's only half a book but at least the author doesn't keep it a secret that there is a continuation. My thought is why bother to cut it in half.
Teri
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an interesting read. She was abandoned in the foster care system as a baby and never adopted. When the family she is with decides to move and she only has months before turning 18 she moves with them. Little did she know her life was about to change. She thought she had only found friends for the first time ever but it was so much more. This is my second read by this author and I am not real sure what to think. I mean it's a great concept and with the ages of the main character it kinda ...more
Jaci Robinson
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very fun read, perfect for the beach or pool! Mystery and interesting relationships, a fun world that was different than what I've previously read. The author's enthusiasm for her characters and storyline is contagious. The relationships are age appropriate for the characters which is a refreshing change from other books of this kind. Looking forward to reading more of the series!
Avid
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Interesting concept, but slow pace and plot full of plotholes. Part 1 and part 2 should never have been separated. part 1 just ends without any kind of resolution to any of the plot lines. there are huge holes in the plot that aren't filled, and so I'm not inclined to spend my money on part 2 just to see if they are filled.
Marlina Ralstin
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cliff hanger without a doubt

Mystery, love, taboo, what more could one ask for in a gripping read? Old lore, ancient history, blood feud, laughter and suspense all wrapped up in a page turner. One has to know what happens next. I can't wait to download the next book to see how Rouge and Michael handle the pressures facing them.
Erth
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
First time reader of this author and now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative series. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this series.
Christian Nikitas
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a paranormal romance, so of course the main character falls for the paranormal. I do like that there are mythical creatures that are supposed to be extinct and children of fallen angels in the story. I would recommend this book to fantasy/paranormal romance lovers.
Mary Winstead
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book about a girl named Rogue who meets a boy in a cemetery and falls for him. Next day she starts her new high school and meets a girl. When they become friends Rouge stays the night only to realize the girl and boy she's falling for are twins. Must read won't disappoint.
Glennys Clothier
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If this book doesn't leave you wanting more then something is wrong. This is the first in a series of 5 books and in less than two weeks I have read 3 of them, If you like Urban Fantasy then do yourself a favour
Lisa Lawson
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Seventh Mark-Part 1 Review

Great start to a promising paranormal series. I love the characters. The story is well-written with mystery and intrigue. I could see myself getting lost in this series.
Veronica
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
A very stuttery start, and somewhat rough writing style, but worth continuing with as an interesting story is forming by the end of part one. I’m going to continue with part 2, to see how the story develops.
Flewts
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it
My enjoyment of this book was severely hindered by the poor editing. You can't just hit spellcheck and hope for the best. Entirely wrong words were sprinkled here and there, pulling me completely out of the story. "There were going to go instinct." ???
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Crush (The Crush Saga, #1)
  • Eternal Vows (The Ruby Ring, #1)
  • Beautiful Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #1)
  • Bitter Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #3)
  • Tuesday's Child (Psychic Visions, #1)
  • Inner Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga, #2)
  • Pure (Pure, #1)
  • Blur (Night Roamers, #1)
  • Vampire in Denial (Family Blood Ties, #1)
  • Fire in Frost (Crystal Frost, #1)
  • The Zombie Chronicles (Apocalypse Infection Unleashed, #1)
  • Captured (The Captive, #1)
  • The Wolf Within Me (The Haunted High Series, #1)
  • Caught in Between (The In-Betweens, #1)
  • Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)
  • Dead of Night (Thorne Hill, #1)
  • Destiny Gift (Everlast #1)
  • Vampire Addiction (The Vampires of Athens, #1)
Wanita May grew up in the fruit belt of Ontario - St.Catharines. Crazy-happy childhood, she always has had a vivid imagination and loads of energy.

The youngest of six -- four older brothers, and a sister -- taught her at a young age to be competitive in all aspects of life.

At sixteen, she began competing in athletics (track and field) and before she turned seventeen, she was representing Canada

Hidden Secrets (5 books)
  • Seventh Mark (Hidden Secrets, #1)
  • Marked By Destiny (Hidden Secrets, #2)
  • Compelled (Hidden Secrets, #3)
  • Fate's Intervention (Hidden Secrets, #4)
  • Chosen Three (Hidden Secrets, #5)