Start by marking “The Assassin's Salvation (Mandrake Company, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Assassin's Salvation (Mandrake Company, #3)

The Assassin's Salvation

(The Mandrake Company #3)

When Jamie Flipkens signed on as a pilot and engineer for a small medical research company, she never expected to end up on a mercenary ship full of hulking soldiers who want to make her their latest conquest. The captain has been good to her--it doesn't hurt that he's her boss's new beau--but she's on the verge of quitting when a strange man shows up at her shuttle door.

S
Published November 13th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Assassin's Salvation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Assassin's Salvation

Mei
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf
In this book we have the naive and innocent Jamie, Ankari's pilot/engineer from the previous books, getting involved with the killer Sergei, friend of VWillow/Victor Mandreake! :)

I loved how young Jamie interacts with Sergei who is everything she's not! :)

It was also fun to read about Sergei's feelings and his care for Jamie! He came out like such a sweet and guy!

It is action packed, adventurous and hot like the other books! I loved it! :)
Tami
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Good and solid sequel. But I liked it a little less.

Probably because Jamie wasn't my kind of girl. But kudos to the author to try out new types of characters.
Jamie was shy and introverted - she progressed a bit in the second half, but was still a more subdued heroine.
Also not very mature and not experienced at all. It made for a bit of "awkward".

The hero was nicely done.

Also: Be aware there is attempted rape and some flashbacks to rape in this book.
(view spoiler)
Jacob Proffitt
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sci-fi, steamy
If you've read the others, you know what you'll get. Read the others. Added bonus is that I've liked Jamie from the first and this romance didn't disappoint. Sergei is a good match for her in a lot of ways and I was relieved to find that the title was as metaphorical as it should have been.

A note about Steamy: two explicit sex scenes and it's on the upper mid range of my tolerance (the first goes on for chapters. I will say that virgin sex is problematic but that Lionsdrake handles it well—as fa
Hollie
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Just an ok read for me..........reminded me of quite a few other books I've read - nothing overly memorable. More detailed review to come.
Beth
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
And the blood thirsty assassin falls for the shy pilot...Of course there is a lot in between and boy was it fun watching it all play out.

Jamie is questioning her position on the research vessel for the Mandrake Company. She is constantly being harassed by the unattached men and she's had enough.

Along comes Sergie, the striking but aloof assassin and old friend of the captain. He comes bringing a grave message, a price has been placed on Viktor's head.

Jamie ends up helping Sergie uncover the plo
Lara
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I was looking forward to Jamie getting her day. She was so innocent and the subject of so much unwanted and crude male attention in previous books. In this one she gets to go from feeling superfluous to able to pull her own weight and make a meaningful contribution.

Sergei, our sexy assassin, is an emotionally scarred man who has a history of friendship with Captain Mandrake. He's come back to the ship with a warning, and falls under the spell of the sweet Jamie. He is aware of his shortcomings a
Kristin
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One great series!

These Mandrake Company books are great! I got pulled in with the first one and now I'm solidly hooked. I could keep reading and reading. The world they inhabit is so interesting. With each new story line you get pulled in deeper learning more about different places that all still make up this future world. I love how previous characters are brought back into the new story as well meshing everything together. The banter and wit are always great with this author, it's one of the r
Erin
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one.

I was kind of worried how Jamie's book would go since she's supposed to be so innocent etc.

But it was really well done.

I liked Sergei a lot.

Jamie wasn't as ditzy/helpless as she normally is portrayed. And I rather enjoyed the scene in the shuttle.. (with the Captain and her boss)

The plot was good, if the a bit predictable. But ehh that's just me being a vast reader. Nothing really surprises me.

Can't wait for the next one!
October
GOD DAMMIT.

I couldn't stop picturing Sergei as Adrian Pimento from Brooklyn nine nine.

No. Just no. I love him and think he's adorable but NOT in a romantic way and it just ruined the mood.

I was trying SO HARD to replace his face with the guy on the book cover but it wasn't working and you know what? I give up.

I got to around 70% and there's a sex scene but with Pimento in my head, I couldn't stop laughing

I'm sorry, book. I'm so sorry.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)

Jamie Flipkens is one of the original characters featured in Mercenary Instincts. She is a great pilot and engineer but is uncomfortable around men and as part of the Mandrake Company there are a lot of men around.

I loved the beginning of The Assassin’s Salvation. Jamie is outside of the pink shuttle (yes, it is pink! Read Mercenary Instincts to see why.) when Sergei Zharkov shows up. The pink shuttle is not what he expected as his ride up to the ship. Neither is Jamie. What Jamie loves is how S
Kelly
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Since we first met her in book 1, Jamie's been the one character who shrinks from confrontation instead of facing it head on. Well, her and Lauren, but that's more because Lauren is so wrapped in her research she'd oblivious to everything going on around her. Jamie, on the other hand, was aware, she simply sidestepped confrontation when she could or flat out ran from it when she had to.

Until she didn't.

Honestly, I like Jamie. She's brilliant, but unsure of herself all the same because of her lac
Denise
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016, own
As much as Jamie Flipkens likes being a part of Microbacteriotherapy, Inc. and getting all kinds of on-the-job training in piloting and engineering, a spaceship full of gruff, lewd mercenaries is not where she ever intended to end up. She's made up her mind to leave and apply to university instead of putting up with all the unwanted male attention for the rest of her life when an intriguing visitor shows up at her shuttle. Sergei Zharkov is a trained assassin and old friend of Captain Mandrake, ...more
Robin
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, favorites
I have followed this series from the beginning and am very impressed with Ms. Lionsdrake's ability to create totally different characters with unique mannerisms and personalities. In The Assassin's Salvation we find Jamie, who is rather like a fish out of water when it comes to the mercenaries she is around, finding someone who complements her strengths and makes up her short comings.
I love this series and highly recommend it to anyone who like a good story. I think that each could possibly be
Anna
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is my favorite book in the Mandrake Company series so far. I always enjoy sheltered heroines entering the real world, and ethical assassins make for very good love interests. I've been making myself read a book by a different author between each of these Mandrake Company books because I don't want to burn through them too quickly (or to get sick of them, as I sometimes do when I read the same author back to back), but it's been a struggle to read anything else when Ruby Lionsdrake delivers ...more
Celestine
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
After reading the first two Mandrake Company books, I wanted to leave a short review on this third book. It was right up there with my five-star reviews of the first book. Good action. Spicy romance. Great characters. Jamie Flipkens reminded me A LOT of Kaylee Frye in the Firefly TV series. The scene in the spa had me at first laughing and then fanning myself. This book, like all of the Mandrake series books, is a lot of fun 100% of the time. Humor with a side of sci-fi!
namericanwordcat
This is a sweet Science Fiction Romance with a lovely smart heroine and a tortured hero.

I love how brave and yet unsure Jamie is at the same time. The romance between her and Sergie the assassin is tender and awkward.

The rest of the crew are fun and the adventure is a good one.

A pleasurable read.
Eirene
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
You know, I didn't know that books about assassins could be adorable but still be believable. This one somehow pulls that off.

Lexie
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sooo...sign me up for the next sneaky undercover mission with an assassin okay?
Claire
Absolutely my favorite (so far) in the series. I was a bit skeptical about this hero/heroine combination going in - Jamie has been a pretty minor character so far, and seemed pretty young and naive, so thinking of her paired up with a professional assassin who was much older wasn't sounding like my cup of tea. Happily there is a bit of plot finessing to make them closer in age (Jamie is about 20, and Sergei is around 28), and Jamie really came into her own in this book.

Throughout the book, Jami
Llaph
I don’t know what it is but this story really spoke to me and I can say, as of right now where I am in the series, that this is my favorite of the bunch.
Jamie, I was waiting to see what she would do with her, gets her story. Thankfully it wasn’t with Striker, as the series goes on I find him to be more and more a total butthead…. I loved the character of Sergei and really liked Jamie’s first impression of him as being someone in need of a hug…. One thing I liked was how he didn’t give her crap f
Livvii
So the Mandrake Company series is my latest binge read (I'm already on book 5 by the time I'm writing this) and I'm loving it.

I like that this book has gone back to focus on one of the original characters from Mercenary Instinct (book 1). Jamie Flipkens is the engineer/pilot for Ankari's medical company. So far in the series we have only got to see her as the young and inexperienced one of the group, so it was nice that we hot to know her character better and see her develop in this installment
Quinn
Aug 08, 2017 rated it did not like it

I really wanted to believe in the chemistry between Jamie and Sergei, but I just didn't feel it. Maybe it was because I didn't buy Sergei's character (what was up with the bowing and speech pattern? It really threw me).

I really liked Jamie as a supporting character too, so I was hoping her story would be heaps sweet. I can see what Lionsdrake was trying to do with the whole wholesome-healing-the-broken type thing, but it didn't quite work for me.

A thought did strike me as I was reading
Aurrora James
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good book in the series

I really loved Jamie in this book. I liked that she immediately took a liking to Sergei and wasn't afraid of him. Also her ability to fix things was great. Sergei was tender and so sweet with her. So much that he seemed the timid one of the two. Definitely not your average romance hero. I think I was expecting a lot more scary assassin and much less shy guy. Still, it was good and I enjoyed it.
Pet
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am beyond love, and in total adoration for Sergei, what an absolute sweetheart! There is nothing sexier, and more addictive that an Alpha Hero who’s so mad over his lady he’ll do anything just to see her smile, and the respect he shows Jamie is perfect.
RL touched on some tricky dark stuff in this but she wrote it well and believably. I loved every single thing in this story, and I’m loving this series.
Coral
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This series seems to be solid three star reads. This book is no exception. It had a few bright moments: the slow(-ish) development of the relationship; the entire conversation in the mess hall before the climax. Character development was pretty good.
There were still some plot loose ends, and so-so world building.
But for a free KU read, can't complain too much.
Vanessa Borges
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

The character development Ms. Lionsdrake is able to create in a short novel is truly amazing. I loved getting to know Sergei and getting to know his past, helped me understand his present. Thank you for another great book!
LuDena Radford
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy assassin

Sexy assassin and the sexy apprentice ? Pilot ? Student ? Like all the Mandrake books its fast paced with lots of drama topped off with sex with a sizzling hot hero . Fun to read
Tope_is_meyahoo.com
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Great story with lots of adventure.. well written and also has a great Audio.. would recommend to anyone who like space travel, thrilling adventure and a great love story..
Kara Prem
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the 3rd Mandrake Company Novel, a hit has been placed on Viktor, and and old friend and former company member, Sergei arrives to warn him. This book follows Sergei's relationship with Jamie, and the company's efforts to put an end to the bounty on Viktor's head.
Mallori
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked Jamie and Sergei but the plot was problematic.
« previous 1 3 next »

• In the Devil's Nebula (The Phoenix Adventures, #2)
  • Overload Flux (Central Galactic Concordance #1)
  • Saranth Three (Fallen Empire, #1.5)
  • Breakaway (Verdant String #1)

The Mandrake Company (7 books)
  • Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company, #1)
  • Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company, #2)
  • The Ruins of Karzelek (Mandrake Company, #4)
  • Mercenary Courage (Mandrake Company, #5)
  • The Pirate Captain's Daughter (Mandrake Company, #5.5)
  • The Tracker's Dilemma (Mandrake Company #6)