Start by marking “The Assassin's Salvation (Mandrake Company, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Assassin's Salvation (Mandrake Company, #3)

The Assassin's Salvation (The Mandrake Company #3)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  959 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
When Jamie Flipkens signed on as a pilot and engineer for a small medical research company, she never expected to end up on a mercenary ship full of hulking soldiers who want to make her their latest conquest. The captain has been good to her--it doesn't hurt that he's her boss's new beau--but she's on the verge of quitting when a strange man shows up at her shuttle door.

S
Published November 13th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Assassin's Salvation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Assassin's Salvation

Mei
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sf
In this book we have the naive and innocent Jamie, Ankari's pilot/engineer from the previous books, getting involved with the killer Sergei, friend of VWillow/Victor Mandreake! :)

I loved how young Jamie interacts with Sergei who is everything she's not! :)

It was also fun to read about Sergei's feelings and his care for Jamie! He came out like such a sweet and guy!

It is action packed, adventurous and hot like the other books! I loved it! :)
Tami
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Good and solid sequel. But I liked it a little less.

Probably because Jamie wasn't my kind of girl. But kudos to the author to try out new types of characters.
Jamie was shy and introverted - she progressed a bit in the second half, but was still a more subdued heroine.
Also not very mature and not experienced at all. It made for a bit of "awkward".

The hero was nicely done.

Also: Be aware there is attempted rape and some flashbacks to rape in this book.
(view spoiler)
Jacob Proffitt
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, sci-fi, romance
If you've read the others, you know what you'll get. Read the others. Added bonus is that I've liked Jamie from the first and this romance didn't disappoint. Sergei is a good match for her in a lot of ways and I was relieved to find that the title was as metaphorical as it should have been.

A note about Steamy: two explicit sex scenes and it's on the upper mid range of my tolerance (the first goes on for chapters. I will say that virgin sex is problematic but that Lionsdrake handles it well—as fa
Hollie
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Just an ok read for me..........reminded me of quite a few other books I've read - nothing overly memorable. More detailed review to come.
Beth
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
And the blood thirsty assassin falls for the shy pilot...Of course there is a lot in between and boy was it fun watching it all play out.

Jamie is questioning her position on the research vessel for the Mandrake Company. She is constantly being harassed by the unattached men and she's had enough.

Along comes Sergie, the striking but aloof assassin and old friend of the captain. He comes bringing a grave message, a price has been placed on Viktor's head.

Jamie ends up helping Sergie uncover the plo
Lara
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I was looking forward to Jamie getting her day. She was so innocent and the subject of so much unwanted and crude male attention in previous books. In this one she gets to go from feeling superfluous to able to pull her own weight and make a meaningful contribution.

Sergei, our sexy assassin, is an emotionally scarred man who has a history of friendship with Captain Mandrake. He's come back to the ship with a warning, and falls under the spell of the sweet Jamie. He is aware of his shortcomings a
Kristin
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One great series!

These Mandrake Company books are great! I got pulled in with the first one and now I'm solidly hooked. I could keep reading and reading. The world they inhabit is so interesting. With each new story line you get pulled in deeper learning more about different places that all still make up this future world. I love how previous characters are brought back into the new story as well meshing everything together. The banter and wit are always great with this author, it's one of the r
Erin
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one.

I was kind of worried how Jamie's book would go since she's supposed to be so innocent etc.

But it was really well done.

I liked Sergei a lot.

Jamie wasn't as ditzy/helpless as she normally is portrayed. And I rather enjoyed the scene in the shuttle.. (with the Captain and her boss)

The plot was good, if the a bit predictable. But ehh that's just me being a vast reader. Nothing really surprises me.

Can't wait for the next one!
October
GOD DAMMIT.

I couldn't stop picturing Sergei as Adrian Pimento from Brooklyn nine nine.

No. Just no. I love him and think he's adorable but NOT in a romantic way and it just ruined the mood.

I was trying SO HARD to replace his face with the guy on the book cover but it wasn't working and you know what? I give up.

I got to around 70% and there's a sex scene but with Pimento in my head, I couldn't stop laughing

I'm sorry, book. I'm so sorry.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)

Jamie Flipkens is one of the original characters featured in Mercenary Instincts. She is a great pilot and engineer but is uncomfortable around men and as part of the Mandrake Company there are a lot of men around.

I loved the beginning of The Assassin’s Salvation. Jamie is outside of the pink shuttle (yes, it is pink! Read Mercenary Instincts to see why.) when Sergei Zharkov shows up. The pink shuttle is not what he expected as his ride up to the ship. Neither is Jamie. What Jamie loves is how S
Kelly
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Since we first met her in book 1, Jamie's been the one character who shrinks from confrontation instead of facing it head on. Well, her and Lauren, but that's more because Lauren is so wrapped in her research she'd oblivious to everything going on around her. Jamie, on the other hand, was aware, she simply sidestepped confrontation when she could or flat out ran from it when she had to.

Until she didn't.

Honestly, I like Jamie. She's brilliant, but unsure of herself all the same because of her lac
Denise
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-2016
As much as Jamie Flipkens likes being a part of Microbacteriotherapy, Inc. and getting all kinds of on-the-job training in piloting and engineering, a spaceship full of gruff, lewd mercenaries is not where she ever intended to end up. She's made up her mind to leave and apply to university instead of putting up with all the unwanted male attention for the rest of her life when an intriguing visitor shows up at her shuttle. Sergei Zharkov is a trained assassin and old friend of Captain Mandrake, ...more
Robin
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, favorites
I have followed this series from the beginning and am very impressed with Ms. Lionsdrake's ability to create totally different characters with unique mannerisms and personalities. In The Assassin's Salvation we find Jamie, who is rather like a fish out of water when it comes to the mercenaries she is around, finding someone who complements her strengths and makes up her short comings.
I love this series and highly recommend it to anyone who like a good story. I think that each could possibly be
Szinna
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Olvasás közben többször megfordult a fejemben, hogy abbahagyom, de valahogy megoldotta az író, hogy keresztülhúzzon a történeten. A szereplők személyiségével, a kapcsolat fejlődésével nem volt bajom, a cselekmény azonban hagyott kívánnivalót maga után. A főhős egy bérgyilkos, a hősnő egy ártatlan, kicsit naiv szerelő-pilóta lány. Aztán egyszer csak azt olvasom, hogy a lány az ész, az ő tervei alapján kezdenek akciókat, szörnyen bénákat, gáz kimenetellel. Értem én, hogy sci-fi romantikus, de egy ...more
Anna
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is my favorite book in the Mandrake Company series so far. I always enjoy sheltered heroines entering the real world, and ethical assassins make for very good love interests. I've been making myself read a book by a different author between each of these Mandrake Company books because I don't want to burn through them too quickly (or to get sick of them, as I sometimes do when I read the same author back to back), but it's been a struggle to read anything else when Ruby Lionsdrake delivers ...more
Celestine
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
After reading the first two Mandrake Company books, I wanted to leave a short review on this third book. It was right up there with my five-star reviews of the first book. Good action. Spicy romance. Great characters. Jamie Flipkens reminded me A LOT of Kaylee Frye in the Firefly TV series. The scene in the spa had me at first laughing and then fanning myself. This book, like all of the Mandrake series books, is a lot of fun 100% of the time. Humor with a side of sci-fi!
namericanwordcat
This is a sweet Science Fiction Romance with a lovely smart heroine and a tortured hero.

I love how brave and yet unsure Jamie is at the same time. The romance between her and Sergie the assassin is tender and awkward.

The rest of the crew are fun and the adventure is a good one.

A pleasurable read.
Lexie
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sooo...sign me up for the next sneaky undercover mission with an assassin okay?
(Eirene) Sleepless Romantics
You know, I didn't know that books about assassins could be adorable but still be believable. This one somehow pulls that off.

Claire
Absolutely my favorite (so far) in the series. I was a bit skeptical about this hero/heroine combination going in - Jamie has been a pretty minor character so far, and seemed pretty young and naive, so thinking of her paired up with a professional assassin who was much older wasn't sounding like my cup of tea. Happily there is a bit of plot finessing to make them closer in age (Jamie is about 20, and Sergei is around 28), and Jamie really came into her own in this book.

Throughout the book, Jami
Llaph | No Frill | No Shill
I don’t know what it is but this story really spoke to me and I can say, as of right now where I am in the series, that this is my favorite of the bunch.
Jamie, I was waiting to see what she would do with her, gets her story. Thankfully it wasn’t with Striker, as the series goes on I find him to be more and more a total butthead…. I loved the character of Sergei and really liked Jamie’s first impression of him as being someone in need of a hug…. One thing I liked was how he didn’t give her crap f
Livvii
So the Mandrake Company series is my latest binge read (I'm already on book 5 by the time I'm writing this) and I'm loving it.

I like that this book has gone back to focus on one of the original characters from Mercenary Instinct (book 1). Jamie Flipkens is the engineer/pilot for Ankari's medical company. So far in the series we have only got to see her as the young and inexperienced one of the group, so it was nice that we hot to know her character better and see her develop in this installment
Sonia
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Ambos protagonistas son adorables en su ingenuidad a la vez que maestros en lo suyo. Ella es demasiado inocente para tener 20 años y eso le resta interés. El me ha gustado más porque es un asesino entrenado por el ejército pero a la vez es un hombre inseguro en el plano de las relaciones personales.
La accion como es habitual en esta serie no es para tirar cohetes, los malos son de cartón (y en esa ocasión hay varios y poco importantes para la trama) y todo se resuelve de forma bastante sencilla,
Qing
Aug 08, 2017 rated it did not like it

I really wanted to believe in the chemistry between Jamie and Sergei, but I just didn't feel it. Maybe it was because I didn't buy Sergei's character (what was up with the bowing and speech pattern? It really threw me).

I really liked Jamie as a supporting character too, so I was hoping her story would be heaps sweet. I can see what Lionsdrake was trying to do with the whole wholesome-healing-the-broken type thing, but it didn't quite work for me.

A thought did strike me as I was reading
Pet
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am beyond love, and in total adoration for Sergei, what an absolute sweetheart! There is nothing sexier, and more addictive that an Alpha Hero who’s so mad over his lady he’ll do anything just to see her smile, and the respect he shows Jamie is perfect.
RL touched on some tricky dark stuff in this but she wrote it well and believably. I loved every single thing in this story, and I’m loving this series.
Coral
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This series seems to be solid three star reads. This book is no exception. It had a few bright moments: the slow(-ish) development of the relationship; the entire conversation in the mess hall before the climax. Character development was pretty good.
There were still some plot loose ends, and so-so world building.
But for a free KU read, can't complain too much.
Tope_is_meyahoo.com
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Great story with lots of adventure.. well written and also has a great Audio.. would recommend to anyone who like space travel, thrilling adventure and a great love story..
LuDena Radford
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy assassin

Sexy assassin and the sexy apprentice ? Pilot ? Student ? Like all the Mandrake books its fast paced with lots of drama topped off with sex with a sizzling hot hero . Fun to read
Vanessa Borges
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

The character development Ms. Lionsdrake is able to create in a short novel is truly amazing. I loved getting to know Sergei and getting to know his past, helped me understand his present. Thank you for another great book!
Kara Prem
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the 3rd Mandrake Company Novel, a hit has been placed on Viktor, and and old friend and former company member, Sergei arrives to warn him. This book follows Sergei's relationship with Jamie, and the company's efforts to put an end to the bounty on Viktor's head.
  • In the Devil's Nebula (The Phoenix Adventures, #2)
  • Overload Flux (Central Galactic Concordance #1)
  • Star Cruise: Marooned
  • Dark Deeds (Class 5, #2)
  • The Iron Admiral: Conspiracy (Ptorix Empire, #1)
  • Star Champion: The Champion of Barésh (Star, #4)
  • Unchained
  • Tales From The SFR Brigade
  • The Seer (The Tellaran, #1)

The Mandrake Company (7 books)
  • Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company, #1)
  • Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company, #2)
  • The Ruins of Karzelek (Mandrake Company, #4)
  • Mercenary Courage (Mandrake Company, #5)
  • The Pirate Captain's Daughter (Mandrake Company, #5.5)
  • The Tracker's Dilemma (Mandrake Company #6)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be