Start by marking “The Vanishing Wife” as Want to Read:
The Vanishing Wife

The Vanishing Wife

How far will a man go to protect his family? Mason Seaforth is about to find out.

Mason Seaforth, a mild-mannered accountant. wakes up the morning of his 20th wedding anniversary to find that his wife, Sami has disappeared. A search of Sami's computer uncovers a past she has buried for more than 20 years.

Together with their strong-willed friend, Marcie Kane, Mason leads an
Published October 10th 2014 by Keep on Climbing

To ask other readers questions about The Vanishing Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vanishing Wife

Start your review of The Vanishing Wife
Patty Copeland
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
The premise of an accountant's wife disappearing and his having to navigate a foreign world of menace and evil men is excellent. What is not excellent is the execution. My main complaint is that there is too much narrative--readers are told the story rather than letting them experience the story through dialogue and action, though the author came through with more action at the end. To a large extent, the narrative keeps the reader hooked, and the author maintained the characters' true nature. S ...more
Kirstin
Jan 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: book-club
I'm glad I read this in one shot. Like ripping off a band-aid, best not to prolong the pain. ...more
Nikita (Njkinny's Blog)
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All suspense and mystery lovers
Recommended to Nikita by: Barry Finlay

I had the pleasure of getting to know Barry when he did a guest post on my blog about his award winning travel book, I Guess We Missed the Boat. Impressed by his writing and personality, I jumped at the chance to review his latest book, The Vanishing Wife. Although I am a bit late in posting this review, I loved reading the book and here are my thoughts on it.

The Vanishing Wife had me intrigued because of its blurb. The cover is nothing very special but th
Jenny
Dec 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I was given this book by the author for an honest review.

What I enjoyed about this story was the interesting plot. This is a mystery suspense thriller that will bring a reader in and make them want to finish the book as soon as possible.

There are some aspects of the story that I think could have been stronger. There was not a lot of dialogue between many of the characters. The story is told from first and third person which was confusing at times because one character would go from first then t
Peggy
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As a mystery lover, this was no surprise that I would love this book! Being a new to me author, I find myself wanting to read more book from this author! The story plot that was created in this book will keep you guessing and turning the pages. What happens behind the cover of this book will knock you down on your butt! Just when you think you have it all figured out... guess again! Fantastic read!!!

*Received for an honest review*
Ingo
Jun 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
Lent this with a free Kindle Unlimited trial.
For some reason I also lent the next few books (with the third being from the title "Remote Access" my main interest), but will probably skim reviews and blurb and might return them back to KU unread.
Currently at 9% percent and since the beginning it looks like DNF to me.
No action, little suspense, a lot of information I do not care about.
From here on I will FF, only skim passages.
Does not get more interesting, at 25%, most skimmed, I think is book is
Jeff
Jan 03, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a typical thriller where the characters make unwise and illogical decisions that will obviously get them into trouble and danger. Then, of course, they contrive to miraculously overcome the bad guys and all is well in the end. It's not very realistic, but it's certainly exciting.

Trevvor Finlay's narration is surprisingly well done, although he reads a bit too slowly.

Note: I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

A note about Autho
Brian Borgford
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyable.
I enjoyed reading this book from front to back. The creative story is well told and kept my attention throughout. Exciting, action, thriller. The story captured me from the first page and the story moved from scene to scene flawlessly. There are a couple of editing issues and some literary faux pas, but these small flaws are almost invisible if you get wrapped up with the characters, as I did. Sometimes the descriptions were needlessly detailed, but being Canadian, I appreciated
Ellen White
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mason knew the basic information on his wife, parents deceased and didn’t care for the stepfather, and no other siblings. She had been gone two hours and no messages, he left one for her. Now saying her voice box is full.
Her friend Marcie, said a few days ago she seemed worried about something. Stepfather, also The Force putting pressure on her for the secrets she knew. Stealing away to keep her family safe. Her family and friends would not let it be, the Hunt was on. By keeping secrets was a da
Colleen Sasser
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

This book was an amazing mystery. Marci and Mason did a great job of digging up clues to solve the mystery of where and why Sami disappeared. There are so many twists, turns and surprises that it keeps the pages turning. The great characters help make the story interesting and entertaining. Mason an unassuming man made an amazing hero. The story keeps the reader in suspense to the very end. Thankfully all ends well with a happy ending.
LANell
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Exciting

This book kept me reading long after I should have stopped. I just couldn't put it down. The characters were very detailed to make them real. The evil guys were easy to believe also. Very well put together.
Karen Collier
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book!!

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a great mystery! Started reading last night until the wee hours OF the morning and got up today and finished it! It kept your attention all the way through the book trying to figure out what was going on! Great book!!
Elaine
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge

A man wakes up and his wife is no longer in bed with him. No note, nothing, she's gone. He doesn't have any idea as to where to start looking for her and above all he can't imagine why she left him.
An excellent thriller to keep you up late reading, to find out how it ends
Darlene Mcpherson
The book leaves you mesmerized from page one.

Being a mystery lover, it was exciting. Also it was action packed. Although you believed all would work out it still kept you on edge. Loved it!
Linda Look
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A mild-mannered accountant is pulled into danger when he begins looking for his wife who disappeared while he slept on their anniversary. Both US and Canadian police forces are involved in the crimes he exposed. I rate this a 4.5. Easy to read. Wimpy husband turns into a lion.
Viola
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Every sentence filled with meaning! Excitement throughout. Wow!!! This is one of the best author's ever! The desire to absorb more and more never let up. Kidnappings, murders, romance and enough fireworks to start an addiction.
Judy
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Page turner

The characters came to life in this well written thriller. I had trouble putting this book down. A few twist and turns that made you stay up a little too late. I will read more by this author.
Ciayrra The Scorpion Flower
Something about this book made me want to finish it even if it wasn't too exciting. It drags on but had to know how it ended. ...more
Iva Wedding
Excellent book!

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, recommend both the book and author. Definitely will pick up more by this author in the future.
Teresa K. Wood
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action packed

I really enjoyed this book! I can t wait to read another action packed book by Barry Finley!
I loved the story line
Pat Allen
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good marriage with secrets

The story of a very happy couple celebrating their anniversary is idyllic. So why would she be gone in the morning?
Daniel L Metz Jr
Definitely a must read

Excellent book. Action packed keep you guessing as to who done it. Definitely found a new author with this book.
Pat Raab
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
How easy for suspicion to fall on an absolutely guilt-free, unsuspecting person ...
Jennifer Woods
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling

This was an awesome thrill ride! Really good story and definitely kept my attention I recommend for any mystery/thriller lovers!
paulette sarelli
Great police thriller

This book kept you on your toes until the end.. Loved the main characters. Lots of twist and turns. Would definitely read more from this author.
Linda Coff
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A REVIEW BY REVEREND DR. LINDA DE COFF
*****5 STARS
THE VANISHING WIFE ~ By AWARD-WINNING AUTHOR, BARRY FINLAY
“The Vanishing Wife” is a thrilling foray into the psyches of a tightly knit family, whose lives are turned upside down with the sudden mysterious and unforecast disappearance of the main character, Mason’s, beloved wife, “Sami” (Samantha).
From the very start the author wastes no time in drawing us in, painting such a rich picture of the loving and devoted couple’s blissful life together w
Karena Marie
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Right at the beginning of this great suspenseful novel, we are plunged right into the mystery and the fact that Sami's husband wakes up to discover that his wife has, well, vanished! Despite her husband Mason's hope that she went out early for some milk and eggs and will return at any moment, we experience his anxiety and angst as he discovers she has disappeared into thin air. Mason Seaforth is a mild mannered accountant by day, and is the same mild mannered accountant at night. He is your ever ...more
Galen Peterson
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

A fast moving and good detective story. You won't want to stop reading it. I highly recommend it for any one.
Diane Coto
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
They celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary; they’re still in love with each other. They make love and settle down to sleep in their beautiful home in Gulfport, Florida. In the middle of the night Mason Seaforth wakes to find Samantha (Sami) is not in bed. He gets up and progresses through the house – she’s nowhere to be found. Her car is still there; there’s no sign she packed. What is going on? He thinks of all of the possibilities – maybe she went jogging? He doesn’t want to relay his conce ...more
Patricia
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it

This book had me hooked from the second page. The mystery starts from the very beginning . I mean Mason wakes up to literally finding his wife of twenty years has just vanished. So like most good husbands he goes looking for her with his best friend. The story starts off of in Florida and stretch all the way up to Eastern Canada. You also meet some very unsavory people that put Mason, his daughter, wife and best friend in grave danger and get them all killed.

I absolutely loved the characters i

• Her Deepest Fear (Rosemary Run, #1)
  • The Harbor of Lies (Paradise Valley Mystery #6)
  • Finding Sarah (Pine Hills Police #1)
  • Murder on the Menu (Nikki Hunter Mysteries, #1)
  • Caged to Kill (Lawyer David Thompson #2)
  • Dinner and a Murder (Nikki Hunter Mysteries, #3)
  • What Happened Last Night
  • Blues, Butterflies & Murder (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 5)
  • Most Likely to Murder: A Susan Lombardi Mystery (Susan Lombardi Mysteries Book 4)
  • One, Two ... He Is Coming For You (Rebekka Franck, #1)
  • The Cold Trail (Sean Kruger #4)
  • All Eyes on Me (A Miranda and Parker Mystery, #1)
  • Guilty Money: A Florida Thriller (Will Harper Mystery Series Book 2)
  • Murder Over Cocktails (Nikki Hunter Mysteries, #2)
  • The Florida Panhandle Mystery Series
  • Who She Was (Sylvia Wilcox Mysteries, #1)
  • All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar, #1)
  • Blood River (Trask Brothers Mysteries, #2)

In 2009, Barry Finlay went up a mountain as an accountant and came down as a philanthropist. After over thirty years in various financial roles with the Canadian federal government, he took his life in a different direction and climbed Africa's Mount Kilimanjaro at age sixty with his son Chris. The climb and their fundraising efforts to help kids in Tanzania changed his life in a number of ways, i