Start by marking “Rafael (Stone Society #1)” as Want to Read:
Rafael (Stone Society #1)

Rafael

(Stone Society #1)

He wants to catch his mate. She wants to catch a killer. Both must work together to stop a madman from tearing their city apart.

Rafael Stone is the King of the Gargoyle shapeshifters. His family, The Stone Society, has ruled the Americas for over seven hundred years. As an architect, he has spent the last thirty years helping to rebuild New Atlanta since the near Apocalyps
Published November 17th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published November 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rafael, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rafael

Start your review of Rafael (Stone Society #1)
Kim
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
how many books was she trying to write at the same time. the whole thing became EXTREMELY tedious to read. the potential is there but to be honest i felt like it was not thoughtfully done. this feels like a 100 yr flashback reel crammed into 5 seconds. not sure what to look forward to with the series. hopefully editing and a bit more finesse.
Mitticus
first impression: A bad copy of Black Dagger Brotherhood. I mean, the King and the (view spoiler) Brothers? Plus some kind of evil scientist making bad experiments with a grudge.

This is the kind of free stuff I found in my reader sometimes, atracted originally for the 'Gargoyle' part of the deal . In this case are shifters gargoyles! A first.

The female MC is a police chief, described herself as tomboy thick. And the male tall and also thick.

The plot involved the one-m
Kari Kostern
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
DNF at 56%. I can't do it, I tried so hard but I'm over halfway through with the book and the main love interests have only spoken twice. TWICE! There are so many other side stories and characters that I'm exhausted by this point. Not my cup of tea I guess. ...more
Victoria
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars! New to me author. Rafael is the first book in the Stone Society series by Faith Gibson. As with all the other first in a series you get more details with the world building, side characters and of course the mysterious villain, than the love life of the hero/Rafael (King of the Gargouille) and heroine/Kaya (which they could have use more story time). I really liked this book! I could feel myself getting excited for what was going to come with the future books in this series. I felt ev ...more
Stephaniec
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This wasn't bad I just didn't connect with the story or characters ...more
Robin
One Word Rec.: BUY

Rating: 4 1/2 STARS

Gibson, Faith; RAFAEL [ Stone Society #1]

ebook; genre: { paranormal romance }; shelves: |shifters: gargoyle|, |post-apocolyptic world|

General Synopsis:
This is the first book in Faith Gibson's Stone Society series. Featuring: GARGOYLE shifters!

To begin this review, I am using a quote from the book. I am not going to use the spoiler link, so I tell you this now, please turn away if you feel this might ruin your enjoyment of the book.

2014:
"The Mayans got it rig
Coco.V
Nov 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/18/2019)! 🎁
Jen
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~This is not my first Faith Gibson book, but it is HANDS DOWN my FAVORITE! :) I love her writing and after reading her other books was very much looking forward to this full length paranormal one.

I was immediately and thoroughly SUCKED. IN.

I love diving into a book and finding myself immersed in that world... reveling in the adventures and loves and struggles of those who call it home. I always look forward to a certain level of HOTNESS when I read... I need it :) I was not disappointed. I defin
Lisa
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Nikki
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
****I’d like to preface my review by telling you I am not a fan of paranormal, or at least I wasn’t until I read Rafael.****

The safety of New Atlanta and in-fact the world rests in the hands of the protectors, the shifters, the Goyles. Rafael Stone, has gladly accepted his role as leader of the Gargoyles. In doing so, he became comfortable with his life of solitude, resigned to the fact that his chances of finding a mate were slim and none. His life was full, he had his brothers, cousins, and hi
Daria
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I received this ARC from the author, who was new to me. I truly love the experience of reading by a new author. Faith Gibson well be one of my favs! There may be a lot of Gargoyle shifter stories out there, but for me it was rare and I enjoyed the whole story.
A decent length with just the right amount of detail, not a cliff hanger but other books will come. If I had to pick a negative...Id have to say how the story went into the different scenes, it confused me just a bit but I was able to get
Kathryn
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow, just Wow, this is one of the best FREE books that I have read in a long while! This is a new to me author and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I enjoyed that it was set in the not to far off future. Rafe and Kaya had instant chemistry and I like that they had a few hiccups before they got together. I did not give 5 stars because there was a lot of information and I feel that the bad guy/enemy was not truly revealed/established. Other than that, I really enjoyed meeting all of the characters ...more
Shannon
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this was my first paranormal book since Twilight. I'm not much of a fan of this genre, but I was intrigued to read about gargoyles instead of the typical vampires and werewolves. And boy was I glad that I did.

Faith Gibson sucked me right into a world that I was not familiar with. She made me feel for each character. Longing to know what was going to happen next with each one.

This is the first book in Stone Society series and I cannot wait for more. Rafael has definitely given me 5
K.  Ramjohn
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rafael is the first book in the Stone Society series and an excellent introduction to this paranormal world. This novel is about the Gargoyle shifters and was the first book I read with Gargoyles. Faith Gibson did a fantastic job creating a new world for us to enjoy and I really loved the concept of this series. The storyline was intriguing with romance, mystery and some suspense and I was hooked from beginning to end. The main characters were likable and the author gave us so many secondary cha ...more
Tracey
Another series to dive into 🙂

You can't miss this had a BDB vibe to it, there's a king, baddies, and unholies, and of course insta lust/mates, it is different though as they're gargoyle shifters and to be fair many PNR books have this combination.

I did feel the author crammed a lot into one book. There is some mention of a post disaster world, but basically life sounded much the same as now - which is fine with me. Lots of characters are introduced so lots to keep up with, and some seem to come i
Becky
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
So I have to admit I am newly fascinated with the gargoyles shapshifter paranormal romances I've come across recently. As much as I would have loved to say this book rocked my world it didn't. It had every potential to be a five star book but it just didn't make it. There was every opportunity for this author to rock a new world building, hot new alpha gargoyles men and an interesting story but it just was mediocre. It also reminded me of the BDB series only a C- version.
Instead of Stone Societ
Natalia
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
The story is good but it too much information for the 1st book! Like we get to meet in detail all the family with several povs.
We find out almost all the couples of the series in this book...
There's a bunch of manes and nicknames thrown together and sometimes we lost track of who is who!

The main MC are mature... She is 38 and he is 567 😂
The mate "pull" makes the romance insta everthing... Lust, love, marriage, babies in a week or less!

The story that sets in the background of the romance is wel
Cecilia Mitchell
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this listen on audiobook. It took a moment to get in the groove and follow along the story line. It’s a nice departure in the supernatural world to a different group other than vampires, werewolves, etc. I’d like to see a little more depth in the characters going forward, it was a little hard to connect in this first installment but the series has potential so I’ll be moving on to the next chapter soon.
Sofia
The only reason this book got two stars from me is because I thought the epilogue was sweet. Everything else in it was boring. I couldn't relate to Kaya and I just felt like there were too many stories going on at once. This book was not for me. Books are interpreted in different ways, I would recommend this book because maybe, just maybe, it could become a future favorite for someone else. ...more
Christina Boronkas
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg i love this book....

I love this book that I read it in one day. This was my first gargoyle shifter book and I couldn't get enough. I loved how kaya and rafe fell in love. This book will keep you guessing and laughing through the whole book. I can't wait to read the next story.
❤ AudiobookRomance ❤

Gargoyle shifters and romance, need I say more? 💕

First in Series.
I'm in.
Looking forward to all the characters stories.

My Reviews

Janee
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
What did I just read?

I really don't know what to say about this book. It dragged on for me. Very dry dialogue, and instant insta love. I really don't think I could go on to the rest of the series.
Teresa
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rafael

One of my book mates recommended this series to me. I'm glad she did. I enjoyed Rafael going to start book 2.
Punkin
All the characters

Soooo many characters and instalove/connections it made me crazy. I loved that it was gargoyles though. Heroine was kind of meh. Police part was meh.
Becca Moree
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hi, my name is Becca and I am addicted to The Stone Society. I was first introduced to The Stone Society by a friend, same as most of you I'm sure. Peer pressure, am I right?

Anyways, so my friend tells me about this awesome way to spend my time. Something that's going to make me laugh, cry, and best of all get turned on! Whose going to turn away something like that? Not me, that's for sure.

So I decided I would give it a try, I mean one little peek at the book can't hurt right?

Wrong!

With just one
Lita Thomas
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for an honest review. When I read the synopsis for Rafael I was really excited about this book and the story. I am not ashamed to say that I was and still am a fan of the cartoon Gargoyles series. Rafael is not the type of gargoyle that we are use to knowing. He does not turn into stone when the sun comes up nor is he a strange looking creature like the ones that adorn the tops of buildings. No Rafael is a tall olive skin man with muscles in all the right places. He is rich ...more
Ana
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
When I first heard the idea of a shapeshifter book about Gargoyles I thought that Faith Gibson was crazy. I thought how can a Gargoyle be sexy. Well I am very happy to say how wrong I was and I have a new book boyfriend, his name is Rafael and he is the most sexy Gargoyle around. (Sorry Kaya Kane- the Chief of Police in this book) Oh and there are a few more sexy Gargoyles coming up in the series Stone Society future releases.

I read this ARC some time ago and have been anxiously waiting for it's
~JustMel~
Someone Make This Into a Movie!!!

Oooooweee!!! Never have I ever read such an AWESOME gargoyle romance! The action was pretty much non-stop. Like seriously! From beginning to end!! It was amazing!! I wish this was a show that I could lose myself in. (Hint hint Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, or SyFy!! Make it happen!!)

Everything flowed so well. The characters are amazingly well done, the hints to the rest of series were seamlessly integrated, the steamy bits weren't overbearing... (sigh... smh) I'm almost
Aarie
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad it's over

This was a great read. I had the sample for a long time because I wasn't sure of could relate to a middle aged woman. The heroines in paranormal books I read are usually much younger. However I found that the older woman who has worked her butt off to be at the top and stay there, was similar to who I aim to be. Her strong personality, work ethic, and positive self esteem made a great heroine to match the powerful king Rafael.

They were surrounded by characters that were stro
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Lovers of Paranor...: Rafael by Faith Gibson 3 46 Mar 05, 2015 09:32AM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Gargoyle Shifter Adult Romance [s] 21 33 Feb 26, 2015 02:42AM

• Pam (The Mate Series, #3)
  • Charger (Protectors #16)
  • My Gifts At Christmas (Bewitched and Bewildered, #13)
  • My Warrior (Bewitched and Bewildered #12)
  • Bishop (The Protectors #15)
  • Damon (The Protectors, #1)
  • My Defender (Bewitched and Bewildered, #8)
  • A Warrior Christmas (The Protectors, #14)
  • Fated Forgiveness (Kindred of Arkadia, #4)
  • My Healer (Bewitched and Bewildered, #3)
  • My Savior (Bewitched and Bewildered, #4)
  • Jax (The Protectors #8)
  • My One and Only (Bewitched and Bewildered #10)
  • My Brother's Keeper (Bewitched and Bewildered, #5)
  • My Angel (Bewitched and Bewildered, #9)
  • My Champion (Bewitched and Bewildered, #7)
  • My Guardian (Bewitched and Bewildered #6)
  • My Solace (Bewitched and Bewildered #11)
Faith Gibson lives outside Nashville, Tennessee with the love of her life, and her four-legged best friends. She began writing in high school and over the years, penned many stories and poems.

When her dreams continued to get crazier than the one before, she decided to keep a dream journal. Many of these night-time escapades have led to a line, a chapter, and even a complete story.

When asked what

Stone Society (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Gregor (Stone Society #2)
  • Dante (Stone Society #3)
  • Frey (The Stone Society #4)
  • Nikolas (Stone Society #5)
  • Jasper (Stone Society #6)
  • Sixx (Stone Society #7)
  • Sin (Stone Society #8)
  • Julian (The Stone Society, #9)
  • Urijah (Stone Society #10)
  • Tamian (Stone Society, #11)