Start by marking “Rafael (Stone Society #1)” as Want to Read:
Rafael (Stone Society #1)

Rafael

(Stone Society #1)

He wants to catch his mate. She wants to catch a killer. Both must work together to stop a madman from tearing their city apart.

Rafael Stone is the King of the Gargoyle shapeshifters. His family, The Stone Society, has ruled the Americas for over seven hundred years. As an architect, he has spent the last thirty years helping to rebuild New Atlanta since the near Apocalyps
Published November 17th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published November 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rafael, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rafael

Kim
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
how many books was she trying to write at the same time. the whole thing became EXTREMELY tedious to read. the potential is there but to be honest i felt like it was not thoughtfully done. this feels like a 100 yr flashback reel crammed into 5 seconds. not sure what to look forward to with the series. hopefully editing and a bit more finesse.
Stephaniec
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This wasn't bad I just didn't connect with the story or characters
Mitticus
first impression: A bad copy of Black Dagger Brotherhood. I mean, the King and the (view spoiler) Brothers? Plus some kind of evil scientist making bad experiments with a grudge.

This is the kind of free stuff I found in my reader sometimes, atracted originally for the 'Gargoyle' part of the deal . In this case are shifters gargoyles! A first.

The female MC is a police chief, described herself as tomboy thick. And the male tall and also thick.

The plot involved the one-m
Robin
One Word Rec.: BUY

Rating: 4 1/2 STARS

Gibson, Faith; RAFAEL [ Stone Society #1]

ebook; genre: { paranormal romance }; shelves: |shifters: gargoyle|, |post-apocolyptic world|

General Synopsis:
This is the first book in Faith Gibson's Stone Society series. Featuring: GARGOYLE shifters!

To begin this review, I am using a quote from the book. I am not going to use the spoiler link, so I tell you this now, please turn away if you feel this might ruin your enjoyment of the book.

2014:
"The Mayans got it rig
Jen
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~This is not my first Faith Gibson book, but it is HANDS DOWN my FAVORITE! :) I love her writing and after reading her other books was very much looking forward to this full length paranormal one.

I was immediately and thoroughly SUCKED. IN.

I love diving into a book and finding myself immersed in that world... reveling in the adventures and loves and struggles of those who call it home. I always look forward to a certain level of HOTNESS when I read... I need it :) I was not disappointed. I defin
Victoria
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars! New to me author. Rafael is the first book in the Stone Society series by Faith Gibson. As with all the other first in a series you get more details with the world building, side characters and of course the mysterious villain, than the love life of the hero/Rafael (King of the Gargouille) and heroine/Kaya (which they could have use more story time). I really liked this book! I could feel myself getting excited for what was going to come with the future books in this series. I felt ev ...more
Kari Kostern
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
DNF at 56%. I can't do it, I tried so hard but I'm over halfway through with the book and the main love interests have only spoken twice. TWICE! There are so many other side stories and characters that I'm exhausted by this point. Not my cup of tea I guess.
Lisa
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Nikki
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
****I’d like to preface my review by telling you I am not a fan of paranormal, or at least I wasn’t until I read Rafael.****

The safety of New Atlanta and in-fact the world rests in the hands of the protectors, the shifters, the Goyles. Rafael Stone, has gladly accepted his role as leader of the Gargoyles. In doing so, he became comfortable with his life of solitude, resigned to the fact that his chances of finding a mate were slim and none. His life was full, he had his brothers, cousins, and hi
Shannon
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this was my first paranormal book since Twilight. I'm not much of a fan of this genre, but I was intrigued to read about gargoyles instead of the typical vampires and werewolves. And boy was I glad that I did.

Faith Gibson sucked me right into a world that I was not familiar with. She made me feel for each character. Longing to know what was going to happen next with each one.

This is the first book in Stone Society series and I cannot wait for more. Rafael has definitely given me 5
Becky
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
So I have to admit I am newly fascinated with the gargoyles shapshifter paranormal romances I've come across recently. As much as I would have loved to say this book rocked my world it didn't. It had every potential to be a five star book but it just didn't make it. There was every opportunity for this author to rock a new world building, hot new alpha gargoyles men and an interesting story but it just was mediocre. It also reminded me of the BDB series only a C- version.
Instead of Stone Societ
Kathryn
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow, just Wow, this is one of the best FREE books that I have read in a long while! This is a new to me author and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I enjoyed that it was set in the not to far off future. Rafe and Kaya had instant chemistry and I like that they had a few hiccups before they got together. I did not give 5 stars because there was a lot of information and I feel that the bad guy/enemy was not truly revealed/established. Other than that, I really enjoyed meeting all of the characters ...more
Natalia
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
The story is good but it too much information for the 1st book! Like we get to meet in detail all the family with several povs.
We find out almost all the couples of the series in this book...
There's a bunch of manes and nicknames thrown together and sometimes we lost track of who is who!

The main MC are mature... She is 38 and he is 567 😂
The mate "pull" makes the romance insta everthing... Lust, love, marriage, babies in a week or less!

The story that sets in the background of the romance is wel
Christina Boronkas
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg i love this book....

I love this book that I read it in one day. This was my first gargoyle shifter book and I couldn't get enough. I loved how kaya and rafe fell in love. This book will keep you guessing and laughing through the whole book. I can't wait to read the next story.
Sofia
The only reason this book got two stars from me is because I thought the epilogue was sweet. Everything else in it was boring. I couldn't relate to Kaya and I just felt like there were too many stories going on at once. This book was not for me. Books are interpreted in different ways, I would recommend this book because maybe, just maybe, it could become a future favorite for someone else.
Janee
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
What did I just read?

I really don't know what to say about this book. It dragged on for me. Very dry dialogue, and instant insta love. I really don't think I could go on to the rest of the series.
Teresa
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rafael

One of my book mates recommended this series to me. I'm glad she did. I enjoyed Rafael going to start book 2.
Becca Moree
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hi, my name is Becca and I am addicted to The Stone Society. I was first introduced to The Stone Society by a friend, same as most of you I'm sure. Peer pressure, am I right?

Anyways, so my friend tells me about this awesome way to spend my time. Something that's going to make me laugh, cry, and best of all get turned on! Whose going to turn away something like that? Not me, that's for sure.

So I decided I would give it a try, I mean one little peek at the book can't hurt right?

Wrong!

With just one
Daria
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I received this ARC from the author, who was new to me. I truly love the experience of reading by a new author. Faith Gibson well be one of my favs! There may be a lot of Gargoyle shifter stories out there, but for me it was rare and I enjoyed the whole story.
A decent length with just the right amount of detail, not a cliff hanger but other books will come. If I had to pick a negative...Id have to say how the story went into the different scenes, it confused me just a bit but I was able to get
Lita Thomas
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for an honest review. When I read the synopsis for Rafael I was really excited about this book and the story. I am not ashamed to say that I was and still am a fan of the cartoon Gargoyles series. Rafael is not the type of gargoyle that we are use to knowing. He does not turn into stone when the sun comes up nor is he a strange looking creature like the ones that adorn the tops of buildings. No Rafael is a tall olive skin man with muscles in all the right places. He is rich ...more
Ana
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
When I first heard the idea of a shapeshifter book about Gargoyles I thought that Faith Gibson was crazy. I thought how can a Gargoyle be sexy. Well I am very happy to say how wrong I was and I have a new book boyfriend, his name is Rafael and he is the most sexy Gargoyle around. (Sorry Kaya Kane- the Chief of Police in this book) Oh and there are a few more sexy Gargoyles coming up in the series Stone Society future releases.

I read this ARC some time ago and have been anxiously waiting for it's
Aarie
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so sad it's over

This was a great read. I had the sample for a long time because I wasn't sure of could relate to a middle aged woman. The heroines in paranormal books I read are usually much younger. However I found that the older woman who has worked her butt off to be at the top and stay there, was similar to who I aim to be. Her strong personality, work ethic, and positive self esteem made a great heroine to match the powerful king Rafael.

They were surrounded by characters that were stro
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great story!

The king of gargoyles, the chief of police. A madman and his army of Unholy. Romance, paranormal, suspense, action.

What I loved about it was the characters! They developed rather well, I fell in love with Rafael! Faith Gibson wove a story that made me want to crawl inside it, I wanted to live in New Atlanta! I think the story and characters were wonderful!

This is a book I can see myself reading again, and I really can't wait for this next one! I would recommend this to any PNR fan!
2OCC Reviews
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: jessica
This was a unique take on shifters and I really enjoyed the world the author built. There was a lot of suspense, romance.... and a lot of other things rolled into one paranormal driven story. I really wanted to love it but I felt that there was a lot going on. We get Rafe and Kaya’s story but then we also get the start and insight to so many other characters soon to be story’s, that I felt it took away from Tue budding romance that should have been in the forefront. I would be willing to read mo ...more
Lea Winkelman
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
oh wow loved this story it was totally not what I was expecting at all for a paranormal book. totally blew what I thought it would be out or the water. it is amazing to see the story flow so well and to not loose what its about. The Stone society are certainly full of hot hot sexy gargoyle men for sure. Rafael as king does have his hands full trying to fight the unholy discover how his brothers and him are finding mates and putting spies in place. wow just awesome.
Anna
Oct 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF at 40%. I tried. I really did. I loved the ideas put forward in the synopsis of this story, definitely loved the idea of Gargoyle shape shifters but the story has turned out to be quite flat and two dimensional for me, even skimming through to 40% to see here the book was going and if it got any better, just can't finish it. Not for me.
Lee Ann
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I was hesitant to start this series, but am so glad I jumped in, the author gives you a full story, lots of action. As the first in the series it sets you up for future stories. I look forward to more.
Jackie
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Generously rounding up 3 & 1/2 stars to 4 since this was definitely better than 3 stars. This was a pretty good read with a HEA for the H/h. Though there were a few places that needed more info to fill in blanks in the world building (like when/how did the gargoyles originally start protecting humans, there was a bit of a suggestion about fighting dragons originally but nothing else) or less sub-plots to make things less muddied, which would definitely make the story flow smoother. The main ...more
Home. Love. Books.
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
I didn’t finish, full disclosure

Amazon recommended this series to me after I finished reading another series, and it looks like something right up my alley. I liked that it was urban fantasy and how it was gargoyles, I don’t think I’ve read many books about gargoyle shifters, and I’m always up for trying new stuff so I figured hey why not.
Honestly what it came down to for me was writing style. And a little bit of story. I prefer my books to have two POVs, at least main POVs, because more than
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Lovers of Paranor...: Rafael by Faith Gibson 3 46 Mar 05, 2015 09:32AM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Gargoyle Shifter Adult Romance [s] 21 32 Feb 26, 2015 02:42AM

• The Fire Within (The Nephilim, #2)
  • The Royal Flush (Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, #3)
  • A Custom-Fit Crime (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #4)
  • Broken (Planet Alpha, #2)
  • Green Eyed Envy (Shades of Fury, #2)
  • The Vampire's Werewolf Bodyguard
  • The Journey's End (Distant Worlds, #1)
  • A Tiger's Tale (Call of the Wilde #2)
  • Pride
  • Embrace the Night Eternal (Envy Chronicles, #2)
  • Werewolf in Las Vegas (Wild About You, #6)
  • Auxem (TerraMates #13; Auxem #1)
  • Protected by Stone
  • Denouement (Darkness #3)
  • Sweetwater (The Kihn #1)
  • The Forest Boy (Books of the Raksura, #0.2)
  • The Man in the Long Black Coat (Dale Bruyer #1)
  • A Shalar Is Born
Faith Gibson lives outside Nashville, Tennessee with the love of her life, and her four-legged best friends. She began writing in high school and over the years, penned many stories and poems.

When her dreams continued to get crazier than the one before, she decided to keep a dream journal. Many of these night-time escapades have led to a line, a chapter, and even a complete story.

When asked what

Stone Society (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Gregor (Stone Society #2)
  • Dante (Stone Society #3)
  • Frey (Stone Society #4)
  • Nikolas (Stone Society #5)
  • Jasper (Stone Society #6)
  • Sixx (Stone Society #7)
  • Sin (Stone Society #8)
  • Julian (The Stone Society, #9)
  • Urijah (Stone Society #10)
  • Tamian (Stone Society, #11)