Start by marking “BookElves Anthology, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
BookElves Anthology, Volume 1

BookElves Anthology, Volume 1

Seven stories, seven situations threatening the festivities – a postbag that gets bigger, a Santa in summer, the strange disappearance of the gifts, a petnapping gang, a snowstorm in the wilds, a kidnapped messenger, and a whole raft of celebrations that are too strange to contemplate.

Will the holidays be a disaster? Will families be left out in the cold? Will there be tea
Published November 25th 2014 by Princelings Publications

To ask other readers questions about BookElves Anthology, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BookElves Anthology, Volume 1

Start your review of BookElves Anthology, Volume 1
Jemima Pett
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I can only review 85% of this book, since I wrote the other 15%, although Rebecca Douglass says she'll vouch for my section!

It's the first time I've been involved in an anthology, and its a lot of fun. You may remember last year that twelve BookElves hosted a mammoth giveaway through December - this year seven have contributed stories, and what good stories they are, too!

It's an eclectic mix, tales of a village in turmoil on Christmas Eve, an extra adventure for Max from the Shadows from the Pas
Chris The Story Reading Ape
Great tales from great writers

I enjoy reading anthologies like this one, they give a great demonstration of the writing talents and imagination of different writers.
Gaby
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
I won my copy through a Goodreads giveaway.
My only real points that I want to make about this book are that:
I found it more of an elementary level anthology, rather than middle grade. Some of the stories don't evolve too much while others are too complicated to fully wrap up by the end, and I noticed some typos. A short review, I know, but there isn't much to say. I didn't particularly love the book, but I'm also not the intended audience. I don't recommend this to older readers, but I think 8-1
Victoria Zigler
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Like with most anthologies, I found that I enjoyed some stories more than others. Also, in the case of this particular anthology, some of the stories didn't feel very festive, some felt like they could do with a few more details added to them, and some had both issues. Still, this was an entertaining collection of stories, which made for a great read.
M.G. King
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sofhy Haisyah
Dec 06, 2014
Kelly
rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2015
Fiona Ingram
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Beth Mitchell parker
Dec 26, 2019
Rebecca Douglass
Nov 18, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jennifer Fischer
Kristin
Ms. Reader
jennifer Whittington
Nov 19, 2014
Jemima Pett has been living in a world of her own for many years. Day-dreaming in class, writing stories since she was eight, drawing maps of fantasy islands with train systems and timetables at ten. Unfortunately no-one wanted a fantasy island designer then, so she tried a few careers, getting great experiences in business, environmental research and social work. She finally got back to building ...more

News & Interviews