Start by marking “A Mother's Choice” as Want to Read:
A Mother's Choice

A Mother's Choice

For thirty years, Nadine Kingsley has kept a heart-wrenching secret. When a letter arrives threatening to reveal the truth that could destroy her tight-knit family, Nadine embarks on a difficult journey to explain her painful decision, especially to her youngest daughter, Autumn.

Meanwhile, Autumn Anderson, Speech Pathologist and mother of two, is struggling in her marriage
Published November 15th 2014

To ask other readers questions about A Mother's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Mother's Choice

Start your review of A Mother's Choice
Christine
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thank Ms. Fischer for gifting me a copy of her book in exchange for a sincere review.

After reading a string of thrillers and suspense books, this debut novel by Kristin Noel Fischer hit the spot for me. For a first book, I think this new author did a most creditable job.

The story revolves around two co-protagonists, Nadine Rose Kingsley and her adult daughter Autumn and the major secret the former has kept from the latter. The narrative, which is first person, trades off between Nadine and Au
Agnes (BookBubbe)
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-stars
amazing

Only a mother could ever understand what having a baby feels like - both physically and emotionally. This story covers friendship, family, love, pain, sorrow, sacrifice, and what it truly means to be a giving person. Secrets that are intertwined in lives make them stronger but could have also pulled them apart. A must read story!!!!
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I really did enjoy this book. I was engrossed from beginning to end.

This story is told in alternating points of view, Nadine’s and Autumn’s. Nadine and Autumn are mother and daughter, but the story isn’t just theirs. This story involves their entire family and a few close friends.

I can’t say too much about the plot of this wonderful story. Not because I don’t want to, but because I don’t want to give anything away and spoil it. But I will say, A Mother’s Choice is well wor
Shelly Wright
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unpredictable

An easy read. I kept guessing at Nadine's secret and didn't actually figure it out until shortly before the reveal.
Jacki
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read and reviewed my personal copy of this book for Wicked Reads.

This was an interesting read for me. I'd give it 3.5/4 stars. I found it free flowing and easy to get into. It had just what I was looking for; mystery, love, family drama, and intriguing characters.
Nadine Chambers has been keeping a huge secret for years. She knows it could completely tear apart her family, but as time goes by she knows the truth must come out. She tries to come up with the best way to explain it to everyone,
Melody
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
At first, I wasn't quite sure how to rate this book. I really enjoyed reading it, but I can't seem to put my finger on the reasons why I enjoyed it so much.
On one hand, I felt the story didn't really pick up until the end of chapter 18, and even then, I'd say the story is slow-paced throughout.
On the other hand, I loved the characters in this book, and getting to know them. I felt the slow pace of the plot helped the author create very thoroughly developed characters. So, I don't know if I sho
Toni Lewis
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one book you want put down til it’s done . Wow is all I can say it pulls at your heart so tight you just can’t breath until you keep reading the next page . Nadine has lived with a secret for many years and as time moves on it’s only a matter of time before the truth comes about . Will her children forgive her ? I think u need to read and find out the sacrifice she made
Kathy Johnson
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read

I liked the personality development in this book. She chose an interesting way to share the story through different points of view. It was engaging from start to finish and kept you guessing.
Cynthia
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Indearing

The story of friendship, decisions and choices. Two best friends grow up get married and start having families. Only Nadine and Jude were lucky enough to have children, but her friendly Ruby and his husband Harold couldn't. They adopted a boy but he was killed in a car accident with Jude and his daughter Angela & their first grand baby. There are a lot in this wonderful story.
Donna Zadunajsky
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was a little confused halfway through the audiobook, but ended up loving the book once I figured out who was talking in each chapter. I don't know if the book is different and gives you more of a sense whose talking in each chapter. Gave the book a 5 star because it was a great story. ...more
Regina
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A delightful book!

This book was awesome! I loved how this author weaved this story of hope and loss together. You will not go wrong in reading this book!
madisyn
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book

Really liked this book ...have never read anything else by this author but I will definitely in the future ..
Pam Chaffin
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! Made me cry and smile all at once. I enjoyed the deeply moving story. It contains many interesting elements, while remaining an overall wholesome read.
Dianne M.
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sacrifice and Redemption

Enjoyed trying to figure out Nadine's secret. When she said she was bigger with the last pregnancy, then I figured it out. It was still heart wrenching when she gave up her newborn baby. Glad Nadine survived the horrible accident and had all her children together at the end. This book was very well written and entertaining.
Wendy Jones
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a gripping book. It is not the usual story I read but I liked the premise, so thought I would give it a go. I’m glad I did. My emotions were all over the place and at one point I had tears I’m my eyes. I loved the characters and was truly rooting for them. A heartfelt, well written, story which I highly recommend.
Sandra Burns
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Two women were best friends. They both got married and one had kids, the other, miscarriages. The one friend, had twins, gave one to her best friend. Her, bestie, did not know until later.
Alicia Huxtable
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A bit of a tear jerker

I didn't quite expect that. The thoughts running through my head the entire book were something different. Loved the characters as the story was awesome too
Angie Hackett
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect from this story but I thought this was a well written and emotional piece.

It contained depth and moved me greatly. I can't imagine the pain that Nadine survived. It was written with great compassion and empathy, you can understand the motivations of the characters.

I didn't like the God angle but that's my personal preference rather than a fault of this book.

All in all this is a good read.
Susan
Jan 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
Unbelievable tripe and drivel.
Cynthia
What an emotional, caring, loving, giving read I have read in a long time. I had listened to this a few weeks ago but somehow forgot to post my review. It is a review that will take a lot of thought to show just how powerful it is to the listener. I really do not think words can tell how much this will touch you or the emotions you will go through. The author keeps you guessing as Nadine relives her life all the hardships that her and her best friend go through. It is a very realistic story that ...more
Pam
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Mother’s Choice is written by Kristen Noel Fischer. This book is about the wonder of a Mother’s love for her children and the love she holds for a special friend. The enduring love of a man and his wife is woven into the fabric of the story and is inseparable from the story. It is well-written and engages the reader immediately and keeps the reader engaged throughout the book. The book is one that should be read, especially by best friends.
Nadine was seventy and finally decided to put her sto
David B Smith
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“A Mother’s Choice” is a story that builds on a smartly created multigenerational plot device. Kristin uses italics to shape the back story, which I found a useful tool. It’s a brisk read; I finished it in one pleasant weekend of reading.
It’s a bit of a soap opera, but I’m a male reader who brings a certain density to my Kindle sessions, so that’s my fault! I’ll applaud this book on two important levels.
First, the “faith level” in her writing is really, really good. There are thoughtful God m
Kat
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Hanna
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Slow start but worth finishing

I almost didn't finish this book for two reasons: first, it goes back and forth between the past and present, which I find distracting. Second, I found the first few chapters incredibly slow, confusing, and not very interesting. However, I continued reading because it didn't include any of the characteristics that make me shut a book early.

I'm really glad I continued to the end. After a while I stopped being confused and started getting sucked into the story. I foun
Susan Peterson
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good, for the genre.

Great literature it’s not. It was an enjoyable if somewhat implausible story. It was competently written and/or edited. I had sworn off FB, sci-fi and mysteries for Lent and found I could not stick to the plan of reading only devotional books, so I wound up reading this. The characters are mostly believable but shallowly developed. The conflicts all resolve way too easily. You will learn nothing new about life or human nature from this, which is why it is not serious literat
M
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nadine, Autumn and ... Faith

Nadine has so many choices to make. Will she be able to tell Autumn about her choice so many years ago? What about her other three children? All of them will be affected when she finally tells them. She misses her husband Jude so much as well as her oldest daughter Audrey and her unborn granddaughter, but that was where her story of what happened begins. You wont want to put down this great story to find out what happens. All of the stories family are so different tha
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really well written book that starts with Nadine remembering Seattle 1961 when she first met and fell in love with her husband. We learn that her memories have been stirred by receiving a letter from someone that could lead to a secret being revealed. A secret that could destroy her family. The story alternates between the present and Nadine's written account, as a letter to her children, telling them the secret she has kept for so long.

I was kept guessing right to the end what the secret was an
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Mothers Choice

Heartwarming and realistic! I love how the characters in this story resemble everyday things we would/could encounter. How Nadine decides after loosing her husband,daughter and grand daughter and her best friends son. She makes a difficult decision and decides to give her baby up to her best friend as a token of affection trying to make things right after what happened with the accident. Little does she or anyone know she has identical twins. Still she gives one up. Great read wi
Martha
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fascinating story with several surprises. I worked to figure out the story, but the author still manages to weave a tale with things to shock you a bit. I would love to see more about the family in future novels, as I wanted to know more and see them grow together more.

This book touches on the topic of adoption, adultery, and tragedy. It is mostly though, the tale of two best friends and their lives as they grew and changed as mothers. This is my second book by this author, but it will not be
Deanna
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming story of family and secrets

This was an amazing story of the lengths a mother will go not only for her family but also for her dear friend who was like a sister.

This story will pull at your heartstrings as it slowly unwinds as the past and present come to a climax. It will leave you needing a tissue but will also have you admiring Nadine for the choices she made and the reasons for them.

I felt it a little hard to go from past to present during the book but it was worth the effort

• Home to You
  • A Secret Encounter (Amish Secrets #2)
  • A Reason to Live (A Reason to Love #1)
  • Insight
  • Ever Caring (Family Promises Book 1)
  • Emma (Mail-Order Brides Club #1)
  • A Promise to Believe In (The Brides of Gallatin County, #1)
  • Blue Columbine (Grace Revealed #1)
  • Fear Has a Name (The Crittendon Files Series, Book #1)
  • Red Rose Bouquet (Grace Revealed #2)
  • The Farmhouse by the Cove (Camden Cove Book 2)
  • The Ones We Leave Behind
  • The Last Orphan
  • His Baby Bond (Sacred Bond, #1)
  • The Unfinished Gift
  • Muddy Bottom
  • A Christmas Homecoming (Sunriver Dreams #2)
  • Christmas on Main Street (Santa’s Secret Helpers #1)
Kristin Noel Fischer writes stories that combine uplifting women’s fiction with inspirational romance. Her books focus on overcoming tragedy through faith, family, friendship, love, and laughter. Readers enjoy her realistic characters and hope-filled endings.

If you’re looking for a heartwarming, compelling read without gratuitous love scenes or foul language, you’ve come to the right place.

Kristi