Start by marking “Drowning to Breathe (Bleeding Stars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Drowning to Breathe (Bleeding Stars, #2)

Drowning to Breathe (Bleeding Stars #2)

4.29  ·  Rating Details ·  3,961 Ratings  ·  481 Reviews
The danger in pretending is it becoming real...

Sebastian Stone, Sunder front man and guitarist with a rap sheet about ten miles long, escaped to Savannah, Georgia, to get away from the trouble he’d caused.

Not find more of it.

The moment he saw Shea Bentley, he saw beneath all her sweet and innocence to something that went deeper.

Darker.

Their relationship was built on secre
Paperback
Published September 15th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Drowning to Breathe, please sign up.

Kareen Hernandez This is a Sequel to A Stone in the Sea.

This is a Sequel to A Stone in the Sea.

Drowning to Breathe is here in just over 2 weeks! I can't believe it's coming up so fast! I have a sweet, sexy peek into Shea and Sebastian's finale in Drowning to Breathe!!

Be sure to get your exclusive pre-order on iBooks at the special pre-order price! On iBooks --> http://apple.co/1BMCP2u

Add to your Goodreads TBR http://bit.ly/DTBGoodreads

If you haven't read the first half of Shea and Sebastian's story, be sure to start with A Stone in the Sea!

Amazon http://amzn.to/1D5VTbg
A Stone in the Sea Audiobook http://amzn.to/1FsDjK1
iBooks http://apple.co/1IeerI6
Kobo http://bit.ly/ASITSKobo
Google Play http://bit.ly/ASITSGooglePlay
Barnes & Noble http://bit.ly/ASITSNookBook
sequel to Stone in a Sea. Excellent you will want to get this book!!(less)

Molly McAdams
Jul 13, 2015 Molly McAdams rated it it was amazing
There couldn't be anything more perfect than this follow up to A Stone in the Sea.

I got to read this book as AL Jackson wrote it, and "perfection" was a constant thought as I did. I love this series, I love these characters, and I LOVE AL's writing. She puts the most beautiful words together for such a poetic feel that tugs at your chest.

Definitely a must read once the book is out ... but you HAVE to read ASitS first!
Karen Mc ~ Bookalicious Babes Blog
Drowning to Breath is devastatingly beautiful, brilliant, and imperfectly perfect---a mesmerizing and meaningful masterpiece---and one of the best books I ever read. Raw, rousing, and one hell of a remarkable roller coaster of a rock star romance, Drowning to Breathe sings to your heart and soul and leaves you drowning in a sea of mixed emotions.Like a fishing pole to the sea, this sensational story pulls your emotions out of you.

Drowning to Breathe resumes where A Stone in the Sea ended: Hangin
A.L. Jackson
Sep 08, 2015 A.L. Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: one-of-mine
What do I saw about Drowning to Breathe? I'm pretty sure this one will go down in history as the most difficult book I've ever written. I struggled because I wanted Shea and Sebastian's story absolutely perfect after A Stone in the Sea. I ended up rewriting and rewriting and rewriting again until my heart was so full of these three I hardly recognized myself. I'm so in love with these characters, their lives and their hearts and their desires, and I hope you feel them the same way I did as I pou ...more
Ash Reads
Aug 24, 2015 Ash Reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-kindle-read
Its over!?!? by why is it over!?!?!

OMG THIS BOOK!!!!!!! Book one was fucking beautiful, and this was no different! I loved EVERY SINGLE WORD, OR EVERY SINGLE PAGE. Jackson has a way with words. READ.THIS.BOOK.

A Stone in the Sea was a cover lust buy. And a title buy....and just like that book, you can't look at this cover and title and NOT want to read it. I know that only 2 of the books in this series are Shea and Sebastian's......which is really sad, because I LOVE, Love, Love them....but I als
Kassidy
I just couldn't get through this book. I got to the half way point and realized I just didn't care what happened in the end. The plot did not interest me. I will probably read the next 2 books since they are about different characters and new story lines.
KAS
Feb 08, 2017 KAS rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Sebastian Rocks! (pun intended)

Perfect ending to a beautiful duet!

As soon as I finished reading "A Stone In The Sea", which I loved and which also ended in a cliff hanger, I dove straight into this second book, which solidifies Sebastian and Shea's love forevermore!

I continued to enjoy the roller coaster ride of their relationship and was totally satisfied with the ending.

This series continues on where we get up close and personal with other members of the band "Sunder" and also Sebast
Natasha is a Book Junkie
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED:

“I never knew there was happiness like this. And then there was you.”

The stunning love story between a troubled rock star and a single mum trying to escape her painful past that began in A Stone in the Sea gets its grand finale at last in this wondrous work from an author who never stops stealing our breaths away with angsty, emotion-driven romances that are as all-consuming as they are superbly written. We watched them meet, fight their attraction, and eventually su
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3.5 Drowning in Love Stars

Wow...that was DEEP! I thought book one was a bit theatrical and poetic to the point of too much, but the follow up was even more! Now that does not mean that I didn't enjoy the read. Because, Yes, I liked the story and I was happy with the progression and the overall ending.

Just like the first book, I found the writing to be deep and very lyrical. Everything was dire and moving...like a swift river of emotions that you couldn't escape. The angst and the emotions were a
Rachel Regina
Overall rating: 5 "You see me, Shea?" stars!!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Push/pull: (view spoiler)
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 16, 2015 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
Drowning to Breathe (Bleeding Stars #2) by AL Jackson
4.5 stars!!

“Maybe we’re no good for each other, after all.”

Wow, AL Jackson does it once again. This was a fantastic conclusion to Sebastian and Shea’s story full of heartfelt emotion, intense character connection and a great deal of angst, everything I love in a book. But this book is not all about the emotion as we have a great plot running throughout which keeps you on the edge of your seat. After A Stone in the Sea we were left wonderin
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Bleeding Stars Series (A Stone in the Sea & Drowning to Breath)
by A.L. Jackson ~ 5 Stars

“Love of a voice that was never really heard. Love of a face that was never really seen.”

WOW! WOW! What a story! Devoured both books in 2 days. So, here is the thing: I met this beautiful author in Vegas before I read any of her books – she was so nice and gracious btw … I have this series on my kindle and I cannot believe I waited this long to start ;( I am not going to be able to stop now… onto Where Li
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
OMG I want this book now <33

Paige
5 "Perfect Ending" Stars

I fell in love with A.L Jackson when I read The Regret Series. After that I read everything I could get my hands on. When I read A Stone in the Sea, the first book in the Bleeding Stars series, I was blown away. Her writing gets better and better with each book. When that book left off with the cliffhanger to beat all cliffhangers, I was waiting (impatiently) for book 2. After getting the chance to read Drowning to Breathe early, I took it and was awed at how Shea and Baz
Kathy Coopmans
Sep 04, 2015 Kathy Coopmans rated it it was amazing
Have you ever come across a book/series that grips you and leaves you so emotionally spent? This is the one for me. It's raw, it's real and it is has left me utterly breathless. I've been shaken to my very core, in a brilliantly written way.
What can I say about this story. Two words. STRONG LOVE! That's it. I could carry on writing pages of how AL Jackson has torn my heart, stomped on it and then so eloquently pieced it back together with a love story so deep you are right there with Shea and Ba
DKristin
Apr 07, 2015 DKristin rated it really liked it
I bit the bullet and bought the audio book so I could stop pussy footing about getting this read and I am glad I did... awesome story!

I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED TO READ MY ARC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[image error]
Aure   `Reading With The Dark`

5 WOW STARS!

This book was very difficult to read and I suppose it was even more difficult to write. After how the first book ended I honestly didn’t know what to expect.

In this sequel the story dives deeper and a lot of the unanswered questions from book one are answered, but I shall not spoil you!

Not going to lie, it was difficult to read, not that it’s badly written, maybe because it is so well written. Author made me relate to these characters so much, although I had no such struggles in l
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Just like the first book, this one is kind of star-less for me. I want to give 5 stars, because I love Baz and Shea and Kallie, but I just hate Amy's stlye of writing :( I'm so sorry, but I just can't help hating it.
For a detailed description of my dislike - check out my
A STONE IN THE SEA ► REVIEW ◄
I really love Rockstar-Romances and I really loved Baz's story too and I can't wait to read Lyrik's and Austin's stories next.
But the writing is definitely NOT my thing.

But please don't let me stop yo
Betul
Feb 21, 2015 Betul rated it it was amazing

***The Danger in Pretending is it becoming Real***

First of all this is a sequel to A Stone in the Sea and continues with the same characters (NOT A STAND-ALONE!!). So if you haven't read A Stone in the Sea, be WARNED that this review could contain minor spoilers ;)

We pick up exactly where we left off in A Stone in the Sea. This book has cured me of my fear for cliffhangers, however I was impatiently waiting on this book since I read A Stone in the Sea on release day. I was dying to find out what
Nance
This promises to be one thrilling ride! Baz and Shea are the perfect couple! They both have their baggage, but it's their love that's carries them through the ups and downs. This author writes with such emotion and heart, that I couldn't help but shed a tear here and there. And, their friends?? They just blend in as they support one another through the good and bad. Couldn't get enough of this group of friends.

Full review to be written soon...
Chris- Bookaddict
Feb 23, 2015 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
Amy has wrecked me, I want my own Sebastian Stone!!!! God these two people, this author she just blew me away with this story!!!!
Amy
Feb 17, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
4.5 Captivating Stars!

“I felt comfort and surety in the choice we’d made. The jump we’d taken. And together, we fell. Fell into the song, our fingers finding their own rhythm on the strings. Fell into the words, our spirits and tongues coming together to tell our story. Fell further into beauty. Fell into a sea of stars that blinded my eyes. Where we floated in a high place that belonged only to us. A place that didn’t belong to the world”

I don’t know about you guys, but ever since I finished A
Stephanie D
Apr 25, 2016 Stephanie D rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Lo disfruté más que A Stone in the Sea, me sigue pareciendo que algunas cosas suceden muy rápido para mi gusto, dada la magnitud de ciertas decisiones, pero queda obvio que la historia de Sebastian y Shea es intensa y va a toda marcha.
Del resto de la serie, la historia del hermano es la que más me llama la atención para leer por los momentos, tiene mucho potencial, pero si creo leer en algún futuro los demás.
Susan Staudinger
Dec 21, 2014 Susan Staudinger rated it it was amazing
A TIMELESS LOVE STORY THAT'S POWERFUL, EMOTIONAL, AND SINFULLY SEXY!

Drowning to Breathe is an intoxicating blend of sexy and sweet, served up with a side of intrigue. Intense and passionate, Sebastian and Shea’s love story is an unforgettable journey that’s guaranteed to captivate your heart. It’s powerful, emotional, and sinfully sexy! A perfectly “imperfect” love story that grabs ahold of your heart and refuses to let go.

With eagerness and excitement, I dove into “Drowning to Breathe” and devo
Livia
May 08, 2015 Livia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Rock star romance addicts
Recommended to Livia by: AL Jackson
‘There was just something about her that wouldn’t let me go. Something deep and unfathomable.’ Baz
~
‘Sebastian had scarred me in the most beautiful ways.’ Shea

Minor spoilers alert!!!

Overall, I really enjoyed this sequel to A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #2). The cute dynamic between Baz and Shea's young daughter Kallie was truly one of my favorite aspects of their sequel. And of course, the sexy energy between Shea and Baz was off the charts. I connected to them easily during their intimate
Give Me Books
Sep 14, 2015 Give Me Books rated it liked it
I don't have any idea where I want to start with this review. I'm all over the board with my emotions. There were many times I thought my heart was going to burst from loving Drowning to Breathe. There were just as many times that I had to set the book down because my dislike for it became over bearing.

While A Stone in the Sea was a true story, it was fluid and had content that made you blood sizzle and your heart weep. This story was more like a personal journal. One you weren't quite sure you
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Sep 04, 2015 Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" rated it really liked it
4 to 4,5 stars.

I've got time to write something about this wonderful story, finally!

I gave 5 stars for “A stone in the Sea” and I could not wait to read the second book. AL Jackson never ever ended her books on a cliffhanger and she had to do it with Baz and Shea's story! Grrrr.

It goes without saying I did a happy dance when my preordered Drowning To Breathe downloaded on my kindle in the wee hours of the morning. Sadly, I had to work and wait a looong time before reading it.

I loved the book as
Angyy
Feb 23, 2015 Angyy rated it really liked it
UPDATE 15.09.

Yeah. I'd say I'm quite satisfied!

---

WTF? SHEA!

description

Sebastian, you better get pissed at her.
Mary
Oct 08, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it
What a perfect ending for a perfect couple. I couldn't think of a better story and ending for Sebastian and Shea! I loved every second of this story. I cannot wait to read more stories from the other Sunder members!
AJ
Dec 12, 2016 AJ rated it really liked it
4 stars!

The follow up to A Stone in the Sea, this is a beautifully romantic finish to Shea and Sebastian’s story. Dramatic, emotional, hot and so, so swoony, this book gives us all of the answers to the secrets of Shea and Baz's past, and shows just how car these characters have come as they fight for their happy ending.

This book picks up immediately after the last one finished, throwing us back into that heart-wrenching moment when Shea’s world is ripped away from her. It’s absolutely heartbre
Wendy Legrand
Aug 11, 2015 Wendy Legrand rated it it was amazing
Falling…Falling…Falling…that’s what I did with Sebastian Stone. Wait, I take that back. I fell even MORE in love with him than I did in A Stone in the Sea, book 1 of the Bleeding Stars series.

Drowning to Breathe picks up immediately where A Stone in the Sea ended, and yeah, we ALL remember that cliffhanger ending! Shea and Sebastian are reeling from what has just occurred. Shea because the most precious thing in her life has been snatched away from her, and Sebastian because he realizes he know
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 5 May 12, 2015 09:48AM
  • Protecting Her
  • If I Seem Dangerous
  • Breaking Faith (The JackholeS, #1)
  • Happily Ever After: A Day in the Life of the HEA (Rook and Ronin, #3.5)
  • Down to My Soul (Soul, #2)
  • Love Burns (Caged Love, #2)
  • Stoking the Embers (Embers, #2)
  • My Obsession (Club Desire, #1)
  • Desperate Chances (Bad Rep, #4)
  • Platinum (All that Glitters, #3)
  • Monday (Timeless #1)
  • Getting Lucky (Jail Bait, #4)
  • Just One Regret (Just One Song #3)
  • Hottest Mess (S.I.N., #2)
  • No Apologies
  • A Blue Tale
  • Intent
  • Tough Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous, #2)
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance. She writes emotional, sexy, heart-filled stories about boys who usually like to be a little bit bad.

Her bestselling series include THE REGRET SERIES, CLOSER TO YOU, as well as the newest BLEEDING STARS novels. Watch for the last installments, STAND, coming in 2017.

If she’s not writing, you can find her
More about A.L. Jackson...

Bleeding Stars (6 books)
  • A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1)
  • Where Lightning Strikes (Bleeding Stars, #3)
  • Wait (Bleeding Stars, #4)
  • Stay (Bleeding Stars, #5)
  • Stand (Bleeding Stars, #6)

“His expression was somehow both cruel and dripping with affection. Devastating. And I thought perhaps I’d lost a piece of my mind, a part of my soul, because my mouth watered and my body hummed with need that bordered on unhealthy. Vivid. Violent. Dangerous.” 3 likes
“You know when you think things are finally coming together…that you know you’ve finally touched on something good? Hurts that much worse when it’s ripped from your fingers.” 3 likes