Start by marking “Wytches #4” as Want to Read:
Wytches #4

Wytches #4

(Wytches (Single Issues) #4)

Now, with the true nature of the wytches revealed, Charlie descends into the Earth in a desperate race to save his daughter and his family from an inconceivable fate.
Comic Book
Published January 21st 2015 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Wytches #4, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Kristijan
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Sve sto je do sada bilo dobro ostalo je dobro. Jedini veci problem je u tome sto pricu poprilicno lako moze predvideti. Malo me nervira i tempo cele novele pa otuda i ova trojka...
Jedi JC Daquis
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
The fubar issue. The characters, all of them are all in deep trouble now, psychologically, physically and mentally. Everything is going down on all sides.

Wytches issue four pits all our characters into the worst they have experienced, even the bald woman. Yes, the one that attacked Sail's dad. Whatever these Wytches are doing to the family, they sure do some effective evil magic stuff on them.
Darinda
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read in Wytches, Volume 1. A creepy take on witches in the woods. Once you're pledged, you're pledged. There is no escaping the wytches.

#4 - Sailor is still missing, but her dad isn't giving up on saving her.

An exciting witch story with great artwork. Fun to read.
zoni
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Esse volume foi o que eu nais gostei até o momento. Dessa vez a historia foi centrada objetiva. Mostrou o que tinha pra mostrar. Nos contou o que tinha pra contar e não deixou as coisas soltas ou incluiu coisas sem necessidades.

Foi apenas nesse volume que eu vim entender as bruxas: o que são, o que querem, come agem como se comporta e quis as ligações delas com a protagonista. É uma história gostosa, interessante, mas alguns volumes deixam a desejar. Acredito que se essa HQ fosse volume único c
Rosie Wedge
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story has taken a little bit of a step-back to introduce some new characters and give attention to what is happening in the lives of each of the characters, but I am still really enjoying it, and can't wait to read the last two and see where the story takes us!
Valeria Rios Rosales
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cuando te haces una idea de como es el papá, protector y amoroso y te lo empiezan a mostrar de otra forma totalmente diferente es algo que no me esperaba, te hace pensar que la culpa de que sail sea tan introvertida
Derek
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sail wakes up in a burrow filled with dead kids' clothes. She's an anxious kid, this we learn through the course of the issue.
Meanwhile, Charlie drives up to Here Point, to meet the decrepit woman. She's called Clara Poirot, a wytch-hunter, who when she was seven, escaped the wytches cauldron, but lost her legs to the wytches. Since then she swore to hunt them all down. She gives Charlie a rope and he fastens it to the beam, she mounts the beam and offs herself, saying the wytches are coming fo
Britt Freeman
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A whole lot more of what is going on in the plot is revealed. a town full of narcissistic practitioners of age old magic who pledge children to be eaten by wytches in order to get what they want(longevity, beauty, disease cure, etc.) some people escape the wythces and learn part of their ways in order to battle them head on. now Sailor's father has been charged with this task. that chilling ending, "who's Sailor?"
now that i'm hooked, i sure hope it all ends well for everyone. this issue felt a b
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Snyder, Jock, and Hollingsworth continue to make a marvelously creepy story that revolves around very human characters and fears. The art is still wonderfully moody, although I personally feel like there is a little bit to much "spatter," which makes it slightly distracting.

The most wonderful thing about this issue, though, was Scott Snyder's essay at the end about his childhood days at summer camp as the seed for his love of horror, and the sincere accounting of how the horror genre resonates
Caitlin
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The story remains interesting and Jock's artwork superb. I noticed:
1. The spattered art style is getting more intense as the story intensifies. it's a bit like seeing how Dali paintings get more and more abstract as time goes on.
2. Charlie hasn't always been a good father to Sailor. I think we may have gotten hints at that before, bit now it is pretty obvious. I wonder what forced him to change?
3. Sailor is less of a pansy than I thought. I am curious to see how she develops as the story progres
Lila
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it

Ok, I just realized Hollingsworth's splatters are adding another layer to creepy mindfuck since they are intensifying and getting more dramatic with every issue.
I bow to you, art sensei.

Hm, I didn't like flashback parts, they disrupted the suspense level of scene for me.
But the story is at its scariest now especially considering cliffie and I loved they didn't go with the traditional look for monsters.
Next one should tie the arc.
Patrick
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is, if you love Horror comics, You should be reading Wytches. Story, art, it's the total package. I'm a bit of a Scott Snyder fanboy. But honestly, this is fantastic stuff. Jock is one of my favorite artists. You can tell his work just by looking at it. Totally unique. Wytches. Read it.
Adrian Alvarez
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Yeesh.... This one was pretty bad. The payoff was basically a page at then very end with a lot of filler. The dialogue was on the nose, the backstory reveals were awfully cliché, and then story hardly moved forward an inch. More of this and I might not make it through the series.
Rachel MacNaught
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
The hanging scene I read at a frantic pace, the drunken child endangerment I read with a heavy feeling in my throat while I compared it to his overcompensation now.
I would err this one more on a lower end of a four star, but really enjoyed it.

I hope his wife is a demon.
Mateo R.
* Lugares: Litchfield, New Hampshire, Estados Unidos.
* Ambientes: Cueva, edificación abandonada, parque de diversiones, playa.
Kristen
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story is so horrible. And that's why I love it.
Scout
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jesus what a cliffhanger
Sierra
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WHAT THE FUCK?!?
Erin Dunn
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It just keeps getting better!!!
Rainey
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have absolutely NO idea what is going on, but it is entertaining.
Jason Adair
Kristine Beggy
Oct 01, 2015

• Kill or be Killed #1
  • Saga #38
Scott Snyder is the Eisner and Harvey Award winning writer on DC Comics Batman, Swamp Thing, and his original series for Vertigo, American Vampire. He is also the author of the short story collection, Voodoo Heart, published by the Dial Press in 2006. The paperback version was published in the summer of 2007.

Wytches (Single Issues) (6 books)
  • Wytches #1