Start by marking “The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2)

The Invasion of the Tearling

(The Queen of the Tearling #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  42,559 ratings  ·  4,619 reviews
In this riveting sequel to the national bestseller The Queen of the Tearling, the evil kingdom of Mortmesne invades the Tearling, with dire consequences for Queen Kelsea and her realm.

With each passing day, Kelsea Glynn is growing into her new responsibilities as Queen of the Tearling. By stopping the shipments of slaves to the neighboring kingdom of Mortmesne, Kelsea h
Published June 9th 2015 by Harper

·  42,559 ratings  ·  4,619 reviews

Start your review of The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2)
Regan
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite book I read this year
Ben Alderson
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS/SERIES I HAVE EVER READ BEFORE!
Samantha
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2017
I still have so many questions! I NEED to read the finale before the end of the year. Hold me to it.
Anne
I LOVED THIS BOOK! LOVED IT!
{insert weird fangirl noises here}

description

This one has been on my radar since I read (and loved!) the first book last year. I was so freaked out that this one wasn't going to live up to the hype in my head, I couldn't even crack it open for 2 days after I got it.
Yes, I'm being totally serious. Yes, I know that's incredibly weird!

description

But once I finally grabbed my nuts and plunged in, I could tell pretty quickly that Queen of Tearling wasn't a fluke. This is a nice sized book at 551 pages, but I flew through it init.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
UPDATE: 10-19-2016 THIS IS ON SALE ON KINDLE FOR $1.99 ! It doesn't say for how long though

BLOODY HELL!

Okay so I loved the hell out of this book and I was confused about certain things!

Queen Kelsea takes a little walk on the dark side in this book, but that's okay, she's going to rock it. I just know it.... NEED NEXT BOOK!!!!!

Everyone that has read the first book knows that Kelsea sees things. Well she sees a lot of things that have to do with the Crossing! Every damn time she went there and here's this ot
Tomoe Hotaru
23 Feb. '15
blog | goodreads
Disclaimer: An advanced reader copy was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

As before, folks. Come prepared with fries and your favourite condiment. Long and bitter review up ahead.

If ever I could use half-star ratings on goodreads, it would be now. Actual rating would be 2.5 but I decided to be generous and round up.

I gave it a go, and it passed. Barely. Enough to convince me to read the third book once it's out? Absolutely. The writing style is simplistic and yet remarkably fgoodreads
Disclaimer:
Faye, la Patata
Loved the first book but... this was a clusterfuck. In a really, really, Dali-trippy kind of way.

Like, seriously, those flashbacks?! Migraine. MIGRAAAAAINE.

Me, when I finished the book:

Ugh, so disappointed.
Melanie
1.) The Queen of the Tearling ★★★

I didn't enjoy this book more than The Queen of the Tearling. This book felt like it dragged way too much in some parts and I'm not a huge fan Kelsea seeing memories from the past. I understand her necklace(s) is very powerful and helpful, but I just didn't enjoy this concept as much as I hoped.

Yes, Kelsea can now see memories from a girl named Lily, who lived in pre-crossing America. Even though Lily is rich and married to a powerful man, while most the population lives in terrible conditions
Aly (In Wonderland)

To say that Invasion of the Tearling surprised me would be an understatement. After Queen of the Tearling, it was hard to imagine that the second book could be anything but samey. Yet, something made me request it… and found myself pleasantly, shockingly surprised.

Invasion of the Tearling has a/>Invasion
Simona Bartolotta
4.5

“I have news for you, Arlen. We're on my chessboard now.”

•This series is the umpteenth proof of the fact that the most deserving books are very often the less known and hyped. This series deserves to have her praises sung for the whole world to hear. I have no words and I'm in love with such perfection -save for one tiny thing that annoys me to no end, which I'll explain in a minute.

•First things first, they say, and the first thing here can only be her: Kelsea Glynn.

“Even I won't defy hthat
Shannon (leaninglights)
Reread November 2016: flawless are always. Finally ready for FATE. #dyingggg

Full video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rfLM...

This arc was sent to me from Harper in exchange for an honest review*

-----------------------------

First impressions:
Five glorious stars - this was a fantastic sequel, maybe the best I've ever read. I wasn't sure how I was to like the new character and perspective that was added to this book but I LOVED it so much. This book outdid the first one and I am so
Sh3lly

This book picks up where the first left off. Kelsea is trying to stall an invasion of the Mort, with the evil Red Queen at the forefront. However, there is SO MUCH MORE going on, and it surprised the heck out of me. New characters are introduced and ones from the last book have POVs. My favorite was Lily. Kelsea begins to have "fugues," where she goes into trances and appears to start seeing the past, pre-crossing.

People who had issues with the first book and it's vagueness about the dystopian
Anja H.
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.15 SAPPHIRE STARS*

“Even small gestures of kindness have the potential to reap enormous rewards. Only the shortsighted man believes otherwise.”

This book took me months to finish. I just couldn't seem to get into it, while I absolutely loved the first book in this series. (Although, after reading my review on that one, it appears that The Queen of the Tearling also took me quite some time to get into lol).
A few days ago I made up my mind about finally pushing forward since the last book in this trilogy/>
Heidi The Reader
The Invasion of the Tearling picked up where the last book left off. The Mort army is invading the Tear because of the actions of Kelsea, their new queen.

I won't say what exactly those actions were, in case you didn't read the last book. Let's just say: she's breaking with tradition in more ways than one.

Kelsea has started to embrace her power in this book. It suits her.

The girl who had been raised by Carlin Glynn would never have trusted in visions, but Kelsea's world had/>The
Kara
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Review originally posted @ www.whatkarareads.com

*Please note I received an advanced copy of this novel. It does not effect my review.

Let me just start by saying that this next installment of the Tearling series is abso-flippin-lutely brilliant. Haters of Queen be damned because here in Invasion of the Tearling we begin to get some answers about the history of this world. This is where I get in the faces of every single hater sippin on the haterade, proving you all wrong, wrong, wrong!

Invasion of the Tearling is a slightly di/>Invasion
Nasom
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian, fantasy
Real rating: 3.5

Full Review
Interesting but not as much as the first book.

What I liked
- This book is mostly about the past and the people that contributed to the creation of the new society. It was interesting reading about that, especially since the goal was to build a utopian society which clearly did not work out.

- We get to know more information about the red queen, specifically, her past which I enjoyed

- We also got more information about the dark thing that can only be s
Misstdennis
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
without a doubt, this book deserves all the stars in the universe.
5/5

“You can defend your kingdom, or you can defend your people, Majesty. You don’t have the manpower to do both at once.”
“People are more important than land.”

Holy shit, this book may have taken me 57 years to read(okay, maybe 5 days) thanks to my lingering and unwanted flu, but this had me hooked from the very first page and I never wanted to put this down!
THIS BOOK IS FUCKING GENIUS
Someone save my soul because I'm low key dying right now.

I absolutely adored where this story was heading and the split stories betweedown!
THISread(okay,universe.
“You
Jenny
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Greaat! And I called EVERYTHING.
Cillian

The book hasn't even been written yet and here you have them: 5 idiots rating it.

Dear GoodReads,
We know you take an immodest amount of pleasure in deleting stuff concerning users' books and such, am I right?
So, what's stopping you now?
How would you like to start deleting people and fake ratings to prove your worth.
Make us proud.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
As someone who enjoyed The Queen of the Tearling more than I could possibly put into words, I waited with bated breath for the continuation of Kelsea’s story. There was so much left to resolve and so many obvious dangers ahead of this simple yet sharply intelligent heroine. To say that I jumped at the chance to read The Invasion of the Tearling early is somewhat of an understatement. I begged for it and was more than ready to sell some small portion of my soul for it. Unfortunately, I would have ...more
Giselle
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss for review.

Warning: Includes violence and rape.

Lots of backstory added..this was definitely a book that suffered from second book syndrome. Though I enjoyed the intense character development for Kelsea.. Her insecurities from the previous book is still evident though. I ultimately loved seeing her slow descent into madness. You see her change as soon as she meets the Dark Thing (He gave me the
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
gimme gimme gimme

for all those who love this series ---

photo champion-thumb-500x281-98649_zpsdf062968.gif

if you don't like this series, Awkward Jaime sez BYE

photo tumblr_n3n4qbpghl1ql255wo1_500_zps760053a4.gif

So for a while there I wasn't sold on Lily's connection to the main story from book number one (which tota
Bradley
Time and Flesh, they work wonders on a novel, don't they?

Enough of being cryptic. I really enjoyed this second novel; but to be honest, I wasn't sure I would. At least, this was true during the first third of it. The introduction of Lily was rather a vindication of my many suspicions that these books were, indeed, science fiction. Of course, magic is still a primary focus, but by the end I felt joyous that I got two quite different novels in one package, Kelsea and Lily tied in each
Morgannah
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Queen of the Tearling, the saga continues.
Our girl Kelsea, otherwise known as Queen of the Tearling, has gotten herself in a bit of jam. The Mort army is drawing near and she is starting to spaz out some. Kelsea is going through an odd puberty, she is having visions of a lady from the past plus she is having all sorts of strange and dark desires awaken in her. On top of all that, add the fact that the fate of an entire kingdom depends on her every move and we have a Queen on the edge.
The
Nicola
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

Kelsea Glynn has fast become one of my favourite characters and The Queen of the Tearling one of my favourite series. It is quite common for sequels, particularly when there is still another to come, to be a bridge between book one and three without much action or revelation. The Invasion of the Tearling doesn't suffer from this problem and is one of the best sequels I have read.

One of the biggest issues with The Queen of the Tearling was the confusing world-building. It was quite difficult to
Alexa ❤️
Gripping till the last page- 5 Stars

Kelsea matures more in the second instalment if the Tearling series and we see her take quite the walk in the dark side.

(view spoiler) ...more
Helene Jeppesen
This is a great fantasy series with a lot of interesting elements to it. I love how Erika Johansen combines a fantasy world with our modern world, and in this book we finally get an answer as to how this is possible.
However, while I really enjoy the story and its creativity, I was slightly underwhelmed by this sequel, and that's because it undervalues the things that I loved about book one. Namely Kelsea and her extraordinary and kick-ass journey was a favourite of mine in book one, but in book
Suzanne
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really fascinating! I was engrossed more towards the end of the book and did struggle with some of the books every now and then. This installment sets up for what I am hoping is going to be an amazing final book. Hopefully I can read a little of the third book tonight before bed!

Was nice to get more information on who the Red Queen is and about he Tears. I didn't warm up to Lily much though. Will see how these new and old characters play out in book three!
Cesar
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
3 stars

Thank Jesus Christ I'm finally done with this book!

description

You would not believe the amount of time I had to devote to read every single chapter because holy crap they were long. I'm talking about between 30-45 pages long! Yes. That's right. Which is why it took me a while to get this book done. On top of all of that, I had school work to do so it was a miracle I managed to read this book in a shor
❄️Nani❄️
- I loved the first book SO MUCH but this one FAR exceeded my expectations. I loved every bit of it. Everything!
- THE WORLD! SO damn unique and better fleshed out.
- The characters were so incredible and I was still so attached to each and every one of them.
- There were some really touching relationships and emotional moments.
- This book also takes on some seriously heavy topics that got too brutal and quite graphic at times (so, trigger warning there).

SO GOOD!!!

Review defin

• The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Spinning Silver
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3)
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
  • The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1)
  • A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1)
  • One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • The Priory of the Orange Tree
  • The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2)
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
  • War Storm (Red Queen, #4)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)

The Queen of the Tearling (3 books)
  • The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1)
  • The Fate of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #3)
“When it fails, they do call it madness, Lazarus. But when it succeeds, they call it genius.” 102 likes
“This, I think, is the crux of evil in this world, Majesty: those who feel entitled to whatever they want, whatever they can grab. Such people never ask themselves if they have the right. They consider no cost to anyone but themselves.” 64 likes