Start by marking “Christmas Light (Christmas in New York #2)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Light (Christmas in New York #2)

Christmas Light

(Christmas in New York #2)

Adirondack girl-in-transition Jade Engel comes home to recharge after ending a career she never truly wanted, but soon realizes she’s in danger of also being swept off her feet by the boy-next-door, her former best friend, Ben Stephens. If only he’d stop kissing her every time she falls into his arms.

Everything local celebrity Ben Stephens ever wanted is in Starling. The
Published November 9th 2014 by Tule Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Light

Lyndy Ann ♫
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Light in the Window is a lovely Christmas story the third in the Christmas in New York series, this is Jade’s story.

Jade is on her way home to Starling for a month over Christmas after quitting her job. On the journey home she stops off for the night as the weather is bad, while waiting for a table she meets a stranger who turns out to be her former childhood best friend Ben until she started ignoring him in the 8th grade.

There is instant chemistry between them but Jade feels guilty for the wa
Claire Robinson
2.5 - "One day you'll want to follow your own path instead of the one set before you by others." Stars.

I really enjoyed the first book in the Christmas in New York series of novellas, unfortunately novellas two and now three haven't quite hit the mark, for me.

"It's all downhill from here."

I think what tarnished the tinsel for me in relation to A Light in the Window is the fact that Jade is the one who does wrong towards Ben (repeatedly). Initially during their school days, when she decides it's
Sophia
Dec 07, 2018 marked it as dnf-set-aside-for-later
I was in the mood for a cozy holiday romance and had this one ready to go on my shelves. A woman coming home for the holidays and a new start encounters a man who was once her childhood best friend. It sounded like a good reunion romance.

So, Jade encounters Ben during a holiday snow storm when they both had to take shelter for the night. She hasn't been home in many years and mostly because of the way she treated the man sharing dinner with her. She cruelly ditched her best friend to be part of
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
Predictable, but pretty much much hats how I like my Christmas stories. Lighthearted and full of Christmas bliss. I can't say I loved this one as much as I've like the others in this series, but it was still a nice holiday read.
Mandy
Dec 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one. A nice Christmas story of old childhood friends rediscovering each other in a new way. :)
Sally906
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, kindle, christmas
Nothing beats a good Christmas romance - and this one had a very satisfactory HEA!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Autry‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

Jade’s life is a little hectic at the moment, in between jobs, coming home, re-connecting with old friends. Little did she know that coming home and visiting old friends would not bring her the peace she was seeking, it would only add to it.
Ben is completely different than the last time Jade saw him, so different she hardly recognizes him. A chance meeting allows them some time to reconnect and
Sherri Hayes
This was my first time reading Jolyse Barnett. I'd originally started reading this story before Christmas, but life got in the way and I only recently got back to reading it.

The story had a strong opening. I loved how the author introduced the couple. These two hadn't seen each other for ten years and to say Ben had grown up was an understatement. Jade didn't recognize him at first, which brought a wonderful awkwardness to their first encounter in the story.

There were moments in the book that
Nicola
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Light in the Window is a heartwarming story of reacquainted best friends. Ben Stephens was and still is the boy next door, and when Jade Engel broke their friendship she also broke his heart. When they bump into one another their friendship begins to blossom once again. Is it a case of love thy neighbour?

"I treated you like you were my worst enemy and you'd done nothing wrong"

description

With a natural easy chemistry, both Ben and Jade were sweet together. She frustrated a little at times, but in her d
Maria Rose
This sweet romance is the story of Jade and Ben, childhood friends who broke apart when peer pressure overwhelmed Jade and made her cut her one true friend out of her life. Years later they meet again, back in the same small town. With memories of their friendship, and Christmas spirit in the air, can they forge a new relationship?

I thought this was a very touching story. I liked the small town atmosphere and the characters in the story quite a lot. Ben is a handsome, rugged and friendly man. He
Mojca
***copy provided by publisher through NetGalley***

Jade Engel is back in her hometown, just for a month, and hooks up with her childhood friend whose pre-teen heart she'd so callously broken twenty years ago...But soon the friends-with-benefits agreement starts chafing.

Is a bitchy heroine a new norm in the contemporary romance category? Because you can be strong and independent without being bitchy. The problem was, Jade wasn't strong or independent, since everybody treated her like a doormat and
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
This was my first time reading this author but based on this story, it won't be the last.
This was a sweet, friends to lovers, sort of second chance romance.
The relationship between Ben and Jade burned slowly but there was definite sexual tension there that gave me something to look forward to.
This was a light-hearted, fun, closed-door romance that is just what I needed on this cold winter evening.
K.M. Lowe
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good!

This was the first book I have read by Jolyse, but it won't be the last. I stumbled across this book because I just love reading Christmas books. This ticks all the right boxes. It is light hearted, sweet and full of reminders of love and Christmas.
The characters are adorable. The setting is perfect. I loved this story. I just wanted it t last longer.
Kristen Clifford
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute Christmas story

I wish this book was a little longer! It was a cute Christmas love story and I very much enjoyed it!
Phoebe
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Christmas book that I've read in a long time.
Brenda
A Nice Light Holiday Romance

As the only daughter in her family, Jade does what is expected of her, pursuing her mother's goals for hers instead of her own. Ben has just ended a five year relationship with someone who was as far removed in appearance and personality from Jade as possible.

***Spoiler Alert***
When she was young, in a very “13 Going on 30” move, she ditches her best friend, boy next door Benji, giving up all their adventures and caving under peer pressure to conform to the cliquish g
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
The hero and heroine had known each other since primary school. Then once they started to grow up and others influenced how the heroine looked at the hero and they fought not to talk to each other until years later. Then the heroine comes back home before she makes big changes in her life. On her way she runs into the hero and doesn't even recognize him. However, everyone has their opinion with each of their lives. Even they have their past issues and current issues to work through.

The plot is
Barbara
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a new author for me and I love her writing style. She did a good job of developing all the characters and describing the beautiful scenery. It was a very good Christmas story.

The main character, Jade Engel, goes home during the holidays after she left a job she never was interested in. She meets up with her ex-best friend, Ben Stephens. They had a bad ending to their best friend status and Jade had left town. Now she’s back and Ben wants her. He falls for her quickly and is determined t
Deb Diem
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christmas Light is my first book by Jolyse Barnett. I was pleasantly surprised. Ms Barnett has delivered a well written book. Jade and Ben's story is full of drama, humor and sexy bits. I love the characters, they are perfect for this story. I enjoyed Christmas Light and look forward to reading more from Jolyse Barnett in the future. Christmas Light is book 3 of the Christmas In New York Series but can be read as a standalone. This is a complete story, not a cliff-hanger.
Bette Stanek
Meh. As far as Christmas stories go, this was just OK. Jade is annoying, at 30 she should still respect her mother (which she does) but not still be following her mother's dream instead of her own. Plus, she still has some of the nasty habits from when she was a middle schooler. Ben is beyond patient and deserves so much more than Jade's attitude and flip-flopping. Good thing this one was so short or I may not have been able to stick with it.
Ruby Johnson
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Not Totally Impressed

I didn't find the characters compelling. The heroine seemed to be having a mid-life crisis. The hero seemed to still have feelings from their middle school experience even though he broke up with his fiance of 5 years two days before he saw the heroine again. Sorry this didn't have much substance.
Emmala
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 I couldn't get into it at all. It's a sweet tale though of a young woman's homecoming for the holiday season amid some newfound changes in her life. While home she begins a romance with her former neighbor and best friend, Ben who is newly single. They agree to being friends with benefits but find that their hearts both want more.
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
Christmas Light was one of my favorite Christmas reads this year. Jolyse Barnett created a Hallmark worthy second-chance romance. Ben and Jade have an undeniable amount of chemistry between them, even though Jade does try to resist Ben's sexy deliciousness.
Susan
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jade returns home to run into Ben a former childhood best friend. Ben has grown up and Jade has as well. But Jade does not want a relationship and feels that Ben is dating her on the rebound. Will the childhood attraction turn into something much more??
Chelsea Nicole
This is probably one of the best Christmas books I've read. Its short but heartfelt. Old friends reconnect and feelings get rekindled. In your personal life, that would be horrible but in a little Christmas book its cute.
Charlene Smith
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great read

Good book, held my interest, good review . l like books with happy ending's no need to read another book!!!
Jodi
Nov 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wish had realised different author then first book in series. Not a good read at all
Debra
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
It's a typical feel-good romance for a little Christmas cheer.
Mandy
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
easy reading feel good Christmas story.
Trudy Gleason
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book - best friends as kids get together as adults.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• All I Want for Christmas (The McKinnon Brothers, #1; Christmas in New York, #3)
  • A Match Made at Christmas (Christmas in New York, #4)
  • Come Home for Christmas, Cowboy (The Montana Millionaires, #4)
  • Christmas with the Laird (Christmas Around the World #3)
  • This Christmas (Christmas in New York #1; Holly Point, NY #1)
  • Snowbound in Montana (Carrigans of the Circle C, #4)
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Indigo Island #3; Southern Born Christmas #4; Magnolia Bay #7)
  • A Yorkshire Christmas (Christmas Around the World Series, #2)
  • Cowboy, It's Cold Outside (A Marietta Christmas #4; The Scott Brothers of Montana #4)
  • Mistletoe Wedding (A Marietta Christmas #2; Bar V5 Dude Ranch #4)
  • Christmas at Waratah Bay (Christmas Around the World, #1)
  • Born to be Bad (International Bad Boys, #3; The Russian Billionaires #2)
  • Christmas Wolf: Holiday Bundle (Black Mesa Wolves Book 5)
  • Flirting with Forever (Island Bliss, #1)
  • Beauty and the Cowboy (Big Marietta Fair #1)
  • Blame The Mistletoe (A Marietta Christmas #1; Love in Montana #2)
  • Sympathy for the Devil (Jackson Brothers, #2; International Bad Boys, #4)
  • Never Seduce a Sheikh (International Bad Boys, #2)
A country girl at heart, Jolyse Barnett is living her happily-ever-after in Long Island suburbia with her real-life hero, two incredible children, and one very furry feline. Learn more about her by visiting http://jolysebarnett.com.

Christmas in New York (4 books)
  • This Christmas (Christmas in New York #1; Holly Point, NY #1)
  • A Match Made at Christmas (Christmas in New York, #4)