Start by marking “The Big Book of Parenting Tweets” as Want to Read:
The Big Book of Parenting Tweets

The Big Book of Parenting Tweets

Twitter isn’t just for breaking news and celebrity stalking—it’s also a goldmine of the funniest comedy online. Jokes? People tell jokes on Twitter? YES, they do. And they are hilarious ... but who wants to sift through the hashtags, RTs and FFs to get to the good stuff?

WE GET IT! Parents don’t have time for all that. That’s why the duo behind the illustrated humor blog S
Published November 21st 2014 by Science of Parenthood Press (first published November 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Big Book of Parenting Tweets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Book of Parenting Tweets

Cheeseboy
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for this book because I wrote some of the words in it. I was going to go with three stars, but I feel like I would have undervalued the words I wrote. Also, my therapist told me to work on my self esteem. Four stars probably would have been okay, but five seemed to fit. Six stars would have been more acceptable, but that wasn't an option. If Good Reads makes it an option, I'll have to come back and give it six stars, which would be a chore I'd rather not do.

I like funny parenting joke
Andrea
Nov 30, 2014 added it
Shelves: 2014-titles
This book is the quickest read, which is perfect for parents who don't have a minute to breathe, let alone sit down and chug through a 400+ pager. The tweets are hilarious. I found myself giggling out loud and laughing way too hard. I completely related to wayyy too many of these parents' sentiments. But we all survive and reading them proves that this sort of light-hearted "misery" loves company. And laughter. Always. 100% of the time. A definite fun read and the perfect gift for that friend of ...more
Jen Mann
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I received an advance copy of this book* I read this book and begged to blurb it because I thought it was so funny. Do yourself a favor and buy this for YOU. Forget everyone else, YOU need this book. It's little bite size nuggets of funny one liners that made me laugh, snort, and cry a little. All of my favorite Twitter-ers (Tweeters? Twits?) are here and I was pleased to find some new ones to follow too.
Vicki Lesage
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With two kids running around, I don't get much time to read, much less figure out how The Twitter works and find the funniest tweets on it. This book has curated the best of the best so that you can spend your precious 60-second breaks reading only the funniest Twitter has to offer. I literally laughed out loud more times than I could count, and read every tweet twice because they were all so good.
Darcy Perdu
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It takes a brilliant wit to make someone laugh out loud in 140 characters or less -- but I don't have time to scroll through Twitter to find those gems. Luckily, some hilarious writers got together to gather the best of the best tweets in this book. The illustrations are awesome and the tweets are literally laugh-out-loud funny!
Julie
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Big Book of Parenting Tweets: Featuring the Most Hilarious Parents on Twitter is a fun, quick read ~ mostly because it's a bunch of 140-character jokes, which don't take long to read. But it's definitely worth it! My husband and I went through most of the book together, and we were both cracking up over these tweets from some very funny parents.

The best part is that I could relate to just about all of them! Actually, maybe that's not a good thing. Now that my kids are older, it was nostalgic
Paige Kellerman
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I know what you're thinking. "This book seems hilarious, but will it look great casually thrown on random surfaces in my home?"

Places this book looks great: Within reach of the commode, coffee tables with solid, see-through, and wine cork tops,
in that magazine holder with the handle that falls off you bought at the flea market, currently holding all your copies of Southern Living, Forbes, or Family Fun, granite counter tops or laminate ones you tried to paint because you saw the idea on Pinteres
Marisa
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
In this hilarious book, the authors have consolidated some of the funniest parenting commentary on twitter. What’s great about this book is that it’s in quick packets (like twitter), but all collected together so you can read as much as you like in one sitting. I read the entire book in one sitting on the airplane and definitely was getting some stares for laughing out loud. If it was that funny for me, I’m sure it’d be even better for folks with kids.

At times poignant, others completely hilari
Mike
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I received an advance copy of this book* I read this book from cover to cover in one sitting, and I think I got a week's worth of a workout from all the laughing I did. Parenting is a rough business, but it's also a truly hilarious one too. Follow along as some of the best Twitter comedians recount their experiences with their kids...we can all relate
Julie
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book to review and didn't stop laughing from start to finish! Will be buying this book for all future baby showers I attend!
Mehsi
This is one big book of parenting tweets, you will laugh, you will cry (because it is so funny), and you definitely want more of it all at the end.

First up, thanks to my sweet fiance for giving me this book for Christmas! I am so happy I finally can read this book, and I loved it!

The book is split up in various sections with a small introduction, I really liked that they did that, just continuous tweets may have just gotten a bit too much. Now you can take a small break before diving in the twe
Roz Warren
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
A FUNNY STOCKING STUFFER FOR THE PARENTS ON YOUR HOLIDAY GIFT LIST

“The Big Book of Parenting Tweets” is a new collection of 300 Tweets from funny people on Twitter who also happen to be parents, curated by Kate Hall, creator of the popular Hall of Tweets blog.

It is delightful. Immediate. True. And laugh-out-loud funny.

Laughter is a terrific way to reduce stress. And thanks to Twitter, when an amateur comic who is also a parent cracks a good joke, the world listens! (And, if you need a good la
Catherine
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up at the library during a children's activity and proceeded to read the first half while my children participated in a "make it" time. The youth services librarian and her assistant (both my friends) commented "I love that book!" while I continued to ignore my children. I'm totally the intended audience.

Kate Hall has narrowed all the parenting tweets in tweetendom down to the top 200-300. I, in turn, have narrowed these down to the top 10 with the help of my 8yo, plus 1 he d
Lea Grover
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This little book is a treasure trove of 140 character levity. I was that weird combination of lucky and ridiculously unfortunate to catch one of the billion bugs swarming through the kids' preschool, and that gave me ample time to curl up and read this thing- including every single bio. Because it's that hilarious.

It should be noted though, that this might not be advisable. Apparently, the sound of my guffawing out loud through my sinus congestion reminded the children of the baboons in their Pl
Selena
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted, The Big Book of Parenting Tweets by Norine Dworkin-McDaniel, by inkspand, in exchange for an honest review.
I don't tweet but can't wait to read what the "most hilarious parents on Twitter" have to say!

First, I have to say I love that there is a section for contributors so if I ever give in and decide to join the Twitter madness I can look for these people. Some do have their blog addresses and/or websites so I can look them up now. The glossary is also a great edition.
Many of the
The NotsoSuperMom
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In the interest of full disclosure, I did receive an advanced copy of this book but I was ALREADY a fan of a lot of these tweeps!

This book is PERFECT if you are a parent!!!
1. It's relatable. If you have kids, you'll get it. You'll SOOO get it.
2. It's HYSTERICAL. Period.
3. It's a book of tweets. You're a parent, so you may not have time to read an actual book of well-written, composed and sensible thoughts strung together into a story with a plot to follow and keep up with, you WILL have time to
Jenn Belden
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun-beach-read
Coffee-through-the-nose funny and yet pretty-darn-true-to-life little book! I was given an advanced copy by the authors when I was moving house - this was the the perfect book to make me laugh, one snippet at a time, that as a parent will have you nodding knowingly!

Broken down into short chapters with equally funny introductions, it's a curated collection of 300 hilarious tweets, curated by Kate Hall from Hall of Tweets and peppered with equally funny cartoons from the fab duo from Science of P
Vicki
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is seriously funny! I can’t remember ever laughing out loud so much while reading a book! You don’t have to know what Twitter or a Tweet is to enjoy this book. All you need is a teeny tiny sense of humor and this book will have you laughing your head off while everyone near you looks at you like you’ve lost your mind. I kept repeating what I read to my husband and probably told him more than half of what’s in the book.

If you have kids or grandkids or nieces or nephews or any small chil
Embracing the Spectrum
You know that saying that goes, "I laugh so I won't cry?"

Well, I'm thankful that Science of Parenthood sent me an advanced copy The Big Book of Parenting Tweets, because sometimes you just need to laugh about what happens in the day-to-day life of parenting. Lately I don't have a whole lot of time to read books, but this one made it easy for me. I mean, reading a book in 140 characters at a time? With the hilarious illustrations included, I easily got a good chuckle out of this book every time I
Ashley Fuchs
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I laugh so hard my stomach hurts when I read this book! I had the pleasure of getting an advanced copy for review from the authors, and it is truly inspired. Whether you are a Twitter fan, or have no idea what the tweet is going on, there is a wonderful Introduction to explain the phenomenon that is Twitter...and then ensue several theme based chapters of 140 character zinger after another from some of the most talented and harried Parents out there. Whether you buy it as a stocking stuffer, a b ...more
Courtney
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a person who doesn't always "get Twitter" I LOVED this book. The editors culled out all of the Twitter noise and put the gold all in one hilarious book. I laughed through so many tweets, and could identify with these parents in a 140 characters or less. The best part of this book is you can read it in small increments if that's all the time you have. It's a perfect gift for the parents in your lives or anyone who needs to be entertained as they sit in the endless minivan parade at the end of ...more
Anne Evans
This book is hysterical!! I'm the mom of a three year old and got into Twitter about a year ago because I was trying to grow my social media following. I often quote my son on FB/Twitter and I think he's hysterical, but these quotes were even funnier than my son. I laughed myself through the entire book in one sitting. Seriously, this will give you a whole new perspective on your kids. ;)
Meredith Spidel
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much I'm not sure words can do it justice. Especially during this holiday season when life is so darn crazy, it was simply perfect. It's like a bunch of wonderful friends stuffed a ton of laughs in a package I could unwrap whenever I was about to chuck a sugar cookie at the wall. It's the gift of smiles and snorts and I love it!
Val Curtis
This is straight up hysterical. As you are heading off to holiday parties, grab a few of these as hostess gifts. You will be invited back. The Big Book of Parenting Tweets is parenting humor at its best.
Alessandra Macaluso
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a spit-out-your-coffee, perfect-for-parents book! I LOVED the random nuggets of hilarity and wisdom found among these tweets. And bonus points that I feel so much better after reading for the crazy thoughts that flow through my head while chasing after my little one. We are NOT alone ;)
Echo Aspnes
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Imagine sitting down to coffee with some of the funniest parents you know and listening to them make quick-witted comments about themselves, their kids and parenting in general. That is what reading The Big Book of Parenting Tweets is like.
Kym
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I like to read Huffington Posts' top parenting tweets so I borrowed this for free on my kindle. It made me laugh with its relatability and took under 2 hours to read.
Karen Brennan
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laughed Out Loud!

I literally laughed out loud reading this book- so many times that my kids now think I am (even more) insane.

Only dislike- I wish the book was longer!
Jessica Macri
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really funny. I totally did laugh out loud several times, and bugged my husbamd so i could share me favorite gems with him. if you like kids, i recommend this book.
Tanya (mom's small victories)
Note: I received this book for free from the authors in exchange for an honest review.

This book was hilarious! I flew through it and kept laughing out loud when I should have been sleeping. I just had to share some of these tweets with hubby and he cracked up too. Every parent can relate to these tweets, the more kids you have, the more overwhelmed you might feel, the funnier this books gets. A great gift idea for new parents and those who've been around the block. Highly recommended when you'd
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
“Cutting a baby’s fingernails is like cutting the red, yellow and green wires on a bomb, hoping each clip doesn’t set off an explosion. — The ParentNormal (@ParentNormal)” 0 likes
“Let’s get married and have kids so instead of doing fun stuff on the weekend we can go to a kid’s birthday party where everyone coughs.” 0 likes