Start by marking “Dating Trouble (Grover Beach Team, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dating Trouble (Grover Beach Team, #5)

Dating Trouble

(Grover Beach Team #5)

Never trust a twin!

I want Ethan, and Chris wants me.

Somehow, I managed to get caught between identical twin brothers at school this fall. Both of them want to date me, so I only have to take my pick. Right?

Wrong! Ethan is reluctant to kiss me, and Chris wants me for the entirely wrong reasons.

Nothing like his obliging and sweet brother, Chris Donovan has trouble written
Published January 15th 2015 (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Dating Trouble, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Dating Trouble (Grover Beach Team, #5)
A_Ryan

5+ Stars!

“So you want me because you can’t have me?”
“Who says I can’t have you?”
“I do.”
“Oh, okay. So yes, then I definitely want you.”

What's it about? Bookworm, soccer-playing, romantic dreamer Susan meets the delectably good-looking Ethan and after spending hours talking to him after their first meeting, she feels as if she's finally met her soul mate. But then his arrogant, one-track-mind twin brother, Chris, also enters her life and makes her question everything she ever thought she knew
Georgia Hunter
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Grover Beach Team series by Anna Katmore just get more and more amazing. Meet Chris Donovan. He's a playboy, a charmer, a hidden romantic, and he's just...ugh...so impossible at times.

We've met bookworm Susan Miller in the previous books in the series - and she gets in trouble pretty soon when she meets attractive twins, Chris and Ethan - not necessarily in that order. But while Ethan is obviously her soul mate, his brother is quite a handful to deal with. They both want to spend time with
Christina
You know what they say about twins? They're double the trouble, and that's definitely the case for Sue! Sue's falling for Ethan but Ethan's hiding something. Meanwhile Chris is after Sue, but he's not the twin she wants!

I really liked Sue at first but she gradually turned into a soppy, angtsy teenage girl who just couldn't stop thinking about a boy. I enjoyed the first half of the book and the leadup to the revelation of Ethan's secret. I didn't see that twist coming. After the cat was let out
GC
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
I liked twins but Susan?....She was too dramatic.
Martha Dunlop
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I’ve read and enjoyed all of the Grover Beach Series, but this one was definitely my favourite.

Susan we’ve met before, Ethan and Chris were new and wonderful. I loved all the confusions, twists and turns that the plot took, and the fact that Susan didn’t see any of it coming.

A romantic teenager who has never been kissed and is watching her family break apart, Susan finds solace in a new friend. She falls almost immediately for Ethan, and takes an immediate dislike to his
Jessa
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omg. You guys. YOU GUYS!!!
If you loved Ryan Hunter, you will love this. I was skeptical on whether or not the new guy could be, but he's a very close second to Ryan.
This was amazing. And I love Susan even before because I'm pretty sure I was just reading a story about myself with a few embellishments.
So yes, highly recommend. Super amazing and perfect.
Vem Night
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
"He didn't act like he didn't know me. He just acted as if ... he didn't care."

The butterflies in my stomach won't stop stop. I soooooooo love this book. It gave me a hell lot of giggles in middle of the night, butterflies and so so deep sighs with thoughts of "How I wish". Definitely how I wish for a Hunter and Tony, or even Alex and Nick, or for this book, a Christ and Ethan in my life. Goodness, how I wish I could give death glares to these girls in the book because they're so lucky and I
Abby
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THE BEST OF THE SERIES SO FAR! PERFECT ENDING I CANT GET OVER IT LOVE FOREVER <333
Shannon Miller hodges
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Dating Trouble" by Anna Katmore
5 out of 5 stars

Grover Beach fans rejoice!!! Anna Katmore has taken the beloved series to a whole new level! If you are a diehard fan (like me) or new to this group of characters you will not be disappointed with this new installment!

Susan is a little down on her luck. Everyone is coupled up around her and now, because of an injury, soccer is sidelined as well. Could her life suck anymore? That's what she's asking herself when she meets a cute new guy named Ethan
J.
I can't decide if I like this book more or less than the others. It was really entertaining, and I appreciated that it was longer than the other books, and therefore gave a bit more breathing room for character development. It's cool that Susan didn't immediately melt into Chris's arms, kind of; but at the same time, the obstacles, by the end, were getting tiring, because they were so contrived. It got to the point where I thought that if I were Chris, I would just forget about Susan.

Was the
Saori
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good but not great

I absolutely loved Ryan and Lisa's story which is why I was excited to read this book. It's true that Chris is no Ryan Hunter but that's okay because he's still charming and lovable in a different way. I also liked Susan as a character because even though she's supposed to fit into the nerd trope, she's strong, level-headed, and not the squeaky shy girl that you commonly see in romance novels. She was also smart and I loved the fact that she figures out most of the plot twists
Jules.Bookverse
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't resist rereading this lovely story again. I love the Grover Beach Team characters and although Liza and Ryan from the first two books of the series are my favorites the couple in this book and the 6th book is my second favorite!

Suzanne is just the adorable but feisty bookworm who makes her book become true! I'm also living my life through books and love epic romance stories that is why I could identify myself so good with her character.

A super funny twist in their story makes it way
Jassa
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I always wanted to know what sort of guy Sue would end up with and now I know. I won't say Chris is perfect because that title belongs to Ryan. The thing is, Chris is his own guy and he works for Sue. Did they have an easy road? Not at all. A great many things could have been avoided if they had opened their mouths and spoke to each other. That is really what the main problem was and when it really was time to talk, Sue was not having. In this case, didn't blame her, but Chris makes up for it.

Crissy
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i wouldn't have given it a 5 star rating if not because of its epilogue and the way Chris' moves had swept me off my feet if it hadn't with Sue. hehe. he's such a sweet guy. totally could be with same level as Ryan. i would even pick Chris over Ryan in a heartbeat if i had to choose between the two. on the other hand, i hated the way Sue gave Chris a hard time just because he switched place with Ethan. like what Sam said, it's totally romantic and doesn't Sue even realize she's got the guy ...more
Rukhshar Baig
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are some books when you start reading the smile starts to form and when you complete reading the book that smile is still there on your face. Exactly!
This book is one of those books....I simply loved it with no doubt I'll surely read it again or maybe the whole GBT series
Mary McFarlane
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I loved this book! It was a lot longer then all the other books but I'm so glad we got to see there life after high school and college. Can't wait to read Chris's POV next
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

It as a light and fluffy read, maybe a little bit predictable from time to time but i found myself smiling for most of it!

Review coming soon!
Sany
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm starting to think that Susan is my spirit's identical twin. You go, Susan!
C.K.
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dating Trouble can be read as a standalone. I would still recommend reading the other books in the Grover Beach series because Susan is in those books.

First off, I loved the opening scene of the book between Ryan Hunter and Susan Miller. I have adored their friendship throughout the series. I find it sweet and funny. I think it is cute that he gave her the nickname “Book Lover”. The Twilight references were funny. The opening scene was made of win.

I have always really liked Susan. I was happy
Lina
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What i thought about this book?
- I thought it was a very beautiful and classic teenage book that every teen should read. The plot, the world building, the characters, i loved everything in this book, and the end was just so sweet. I wasn't disappointed one bit, i can't wait to pick up another book by this author. This book made me have different emotions whether is happy or sad, i just simply loved it.

PLOT:
Never trust a twin!

Susan wants Ethan, and Chris wants Sue.

Drawn to Ethan and intrigued by
Madison
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
My Playlist:
DEMI LOVATO FEAT. CHER LLOYD, "REALLY DON'T CARE
DAYA, "SIT STILL, LOOK PRETTY"
ED SHEERAN, "DON'T"
Fifth Harmony -
Radhika
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Grover Beach Series

I loved this book. I can't believe that Chris Donovan has not been any of the books that came before in this series! Donovan has a nice right as a basketball player name and I enjoyed every minute of conjuring up the imaginative Chris while reading the book. Too bad he would have made it so much more interesting if he has appeared in the previous books. I read the book with a smile on my face most of the time. I think Susan and Chris make a lovely couple. This whole series is a light
Pottermnm Montse
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked it, until the part before the end.The ending I loved, but the problem, too overeacted and dramatic, I wanted to jinx Sue. Predictable,yes. But enjoyable.The kind I like. Definitely will reread in the future.
Laura M
This was sweet. But at the end the obsession of the love interest with her was a little bit unbelievable, because he doesn't really know her well enough for all that.... but still a quite enjoyable read, so somewhere between 3,5 and 4 stars :)
Myka Kobb
Jul 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 17.5%.

This was just dull.
Anna Kalashnikova
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Two stars only for hot Cris and his brother Ethan. As for Susan, she overreacted a lot and was dramatic like all the time. Didn't like this book as much as the previous ones.

Renae McKenzie
Thins review, and many others, can be found on my blog: Rolling with the Moments.

To say that I was excited for the release of Dating Trouble is an understatement. I bought and read the book the day that it came out - my binge reading at its worst. I think what had me most excited is that the novel is about Susan, the character I (and probably most other bookworms) related with most in the earlier books.

Dating Trouble is probably the longest of the Grover Beach Team series, being more a novel
Kacey Filiptsova
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
great ending!!!!

If you're looking for a ya book that appeals to all ages this is it. Clean enough for your young children yet even i, as a wife of six years and mother to two enjoyed this. There's nothing sweeter than first love. I don't want to give away many spoilers but I will say that I loved the hero here. Sure he was a cocky arrogant ass in some ways but he's a senior in highschool and I do get his reasons for being a "player". However, I just felt that although the story was great the
Gabriella
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“I knew his kind- he was trouble, the kind that drew looks from every corner when he walked through the hallways and that could turn a girl’s brain to mush with just a dimple in his cheek. But not with ,me. I was not going to be the next name on his checklist and I would not let him ruin something as important as my first kiss because he just smelled easy prey.”
Another great installment in Anna Katmore's Grover Beach Team series.

If you loved Ryan Hunter, you will love this... I have always
« previous 1 3 next »

• Playing the Player
  • Secret Girlfriend (RVHS Secrets #1)
  • Adorkable
  • The Game You Play (Rixon Raiders, #2)
  • The Fine Art of Pretending (The Fine Art of Pretending, #1)
  • The Bad Boy Bargain (Suttonville Sentinels, #1)
  • Finding Perfect (Finding Perfect #1)
  • Challenge Accepted
  • Secret Life (RVHS Secrets #2)
  • The Avery Shaw Experiment (Science Squad, #1)
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Being Bad
  • Racing Savannah
  • Mia and the Bad Boy (Backstage Pass #2)
  • Blackmail Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • A Game Worth Watching (Worth Series, #1)
  • The Wrong Bachelor
  • I Hate You More
  • Ninja Girl
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Grover Beach Team (7 books)
  • Play With Me (Grover Beach Team, #1)
  • Ryan Hunter (Grover Beach Team, #2)
  • T is for...(Grover Beach Team, #3)
  • Kiss with Cherry Flavor (Grover Beach Team, #4)
  • The Trouble With Dating Sue (Grover Beach Team, #6)
  • Taming Chloe Summers (Grover Beach Team, #7)
“Becasue for one,” Chris didn’t hesitate a beat to explain, “I look exactly like my brother and, from what I can tell, you’re totally into him. Means you’re totally into me, too. And two, only one out of us seems to be ddying to snatch a kiss from you these days.”
His explanation, or whatever the heck that was, sent my thoughts into complete chaos. It was silent enough to hear a pin drop in my room.
“You stopped breathing, Sue.”
0 likes