Start by marking “Thicker Than Blood (Thicker Than Blood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Thicker Than Blood (Thicker Than Blood, #1)

Thicker Than Blood

(Thicker Than Blood #1)

A true friendship never dies.

Even an apocalypse.

Until one fateful night, the marginal safety they’d come to rely on comes to a vicious and brutal end. With the help of Alex & Jami, both unlikely allies,
Published January 12th 2015 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Thicker Than Blood, please sign up.
Claire Riley This book is a standalone book based in a series of books. Each one will be individual.

Best

Claire
Lori Clark It appears it's only available through Amazon as a paperback via CreateSpace at this time. I hope that it become available via Kindle.

Christy
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

photo 722117ea-8505-480b-a9d1-f656894958f5_zps16ed2458.jpg

Thicker Than Blood is not a feel good story. There is no fluff and it’s not easy to read. It’s a brutal, raw, and heart-wrenching story that made my heart race and captivated me from the start. It's a story of survival, of friendship, and of sacrifice. It was one of those books that kept me awake all hours of the night finishing. It was hard to stomach at times, but I loved it.

Leisel and Evelyn were best friends before the infected took over and the world as they knew it changed. Their
Brandi

4.5 Stars

description

This book gutted me, but it's the fucking end of the world, so what did I expect... Thicker than Blood is not full sunshine and rainbows, but it does have a lot of heart. It's bloody and painful, but undeniably realistic. Seriously, don't expect the writers to go easy on you, the sucker punches keep coming until the very end.

description

The writing is superb and the storyline is unique and engaging. With a cast full of relatable and honest characters, this story takes you on an adventure you won’t
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 Stars

"Always together, I promise."

description

What a well written TOTAL DOWNER of a story!! This book was so miserable and hopeless. Yet, I'm pretty positive I'll read the next book about different characters, so there's that.

This is the tale of two best friends four years into the crumble of civilization.

description

Evelyn and Leisel escape Fredericksville (a community protected from zombies) with two guards named Alex and Jami. The two friends know practically nothing about Alex and Jami is Evelyn’s lover. Lei
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4.25 out of 5 Stars
Own a Copy

My Thoughts - Story
I honestly don’t know where to begin with this review – my feelings are all over the place.  I even gave myself a few days to try and pull them all together to write a decent review, but I don’t think it’s possible.

I decided to kind of give you bullet points of what wor
Catarina
4 Emotional Stars.

What happens after a zombie apocalypse strikes? Death, despair, loss of civilization.
And what happens to humanity? It’s lost. People want to survive at any cost and don't care about the means to to achieve that. Two best friends that lost everything, from simple possessions to the people they loved, promised to take care of each other until the end, through everything. And they try their best. But when the world seems to be reaching its final days and all they knew it’s destr
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 (OH-MY-GOD! WHAT-DID-I-READ?! I-LOVE-THIS-BOOK) Stars

I love zombie books, I love zombie books with romance and I love the Walking Dead.

If you are like me and love anything zombie related, then Thicker Than Blood is PERFECT for you

I picked up Thicker Than Blood blindly because it had two things I love, Madeline Sheehan and zombies. I will be honest, I was very nervous reading this because I just KNEW I had to have someone hold my hand.

If you want a book club book or need a book to read with
Lo Bookfrantic
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have no words, this book gutted me! My stomach hurts, my throat is still in knots. I cried so much everything hurts.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The beginning was so slow, it took me a while to finally get into it. I was feeling so much and anxious for everything that was going on and was it worth it?! I still don't know. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I was finally feeling at peace at the end and then bam...there's going to be book two?! what?! gah my stomach hurts all over again but now I just can't wait to read it...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS REVIEW TO COME!!

Kirsten
5 Always... stars!

photo image.jpg1_zpsa2khokcc.jpg

We'd promised each other- back when this had all begun, when the world crumbled right before our eyes, taking with it everything we'd ever known, everyone we'd loved- that we'd never give up. That we'd survive no matter the cost, that we would always stay together. Always.

Leisel and Evelyn were best friend before the epidemic started. It started overseas, then eventually made its way to the States.

Known as the "infected" or the "rotters", they feed off the living. One bite
A. Walters
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay. So I've had a few days to process and let me start by saying that I've always had mad respect for both Riley and Sheehan as individual writers, but together, they have created something of pure magic. It's rare that a book grabs my attention so completely that I will sit down and practically devour it in one sitting. But I did just that while reading Thicker than Blood.

And what's crazy is this is a genre I never read. As in never. Sure, I love horror movies and some good ole' zombie apocal
Paula
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-stars-2015
Amazing, amazing, amazing book!!
This book took me completely out of my comfort zone. It was super intense, gritty, and raw. It also played on some of my underlying fears. I have often wondered what would happen to humanity if an apocalyptic event ever happened. This book really explores that in terrifying, heartbreaking, and uplifting detail.
This book really flowed well. I couldn't even tell when reading it that two differ authors penned this book. Both authors did an amazing job. I was on the e
Kim Bailey
5 "It's the Zombie apocalypse & I'm lovin it" Stars

Anyone who knows me will understand why, despite all heartache and hopelessness, I completely LOVE this book.
The Walking Dead

This entire story was so much like the television show and comics. I really felt like it could be a side story or an extension of that series. Character driven drama ... With a side of Zombie ... Yummmm

Was my stomach knotted with anxiety throughout this story ... Yes!
Did my heart break over and over again for the ch
Paula
Nov 17, 2014 marked it as did-not-finish

This book... I don't know. I'm struggling with one of the main characters. She's weak and whiny. I get what the authors are doing with her character, but I can't stand her right now. It makes it difficult for me to enjoy the story when it switches to her POV. I do LIKE the storyline though. This isn't my first rodeo with a post-apocalyptic zombie book, and I'm a HUGE Walking Dead fan. But it's important for me to be able to like or at least tolerate the MC's in order for me to enjoy a story. I t
Hayat
Update.... So I just realised this book was co-authored by Madeline Sheehan (who is new to me) and Claire C. Riley who wrote Limerence, my all time favourite vampire romance. If I'd known about Ms Riley, I would've been prepared for a shocker but both authors writing and style blended so seamlessly I didn't notice any changes or discrepancies. Clearly these two are a dream team.

This story is about pain and loss and the strength, self-knowledge and confidence gained from suffering and coming ou
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Oh Madeline Sheehan...You are a writing genius, but woman, you have some crazy things going on up in that head of yours! Read this at your own risk...do NOT expect anything PRETTY!

photo PhotoGrid_1421890161962_zpshf1cesl3.jpg

Umm, Not even 10 minutes!! In this world where science and medicine have failed and a virus has spread rampant...the zombies have come...humanity is lost. Post zombie apocalypse is not pretty, it is not pleasant, and it is a complete struggle to survive not just a day, but minute by minute.

This story is inherently a l
For the Love of Books & Alcohol Blog

Say what you want about the Zombie Apocalypse, but when it all hits the fan, I want to be on Madeline Sheehan & Claire C. Riley’s team! Also, they have officially made our list of Authors We Want to Get Drunk With.
"When the world awoke again, it awoke with a rattling groan that promised only misery and loss"

I am struggling to find the words to express how much I loved this book. It was compelling, exciting, gripping and so damn intense! I suffered a terrible book hangover which resulted i
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
Got this, can't wait ..... not enough hours in a day.
NightRider

The writing in this book was great. But the one thing that I didn't want to happen did in fact happen. I said from the very beginning if it came about then I would be DONE. So imagine my surprise (not really) when the 80-85% point came around? It became a DNF. There was no way I could finish this book nor could it be salvaged in my opinion. Nope, sorry. Ruined it for me.

What was that one thing you may ask? (view spoiler)
Gail - Slitty
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

***Caution-May contain possible spoilers, although I tried not to include any during my review****

“Thicker Than Blood” is poised to become the latest true horror masterpiece. Authors Madeline Sheehan and Claire C. Riley nail this unique and unforgettable post-apocalyptic story from two alternating POVs; dealing with a future ravaged not just by the “infected”, but citizens who are as psychologically dead as the infected bodies that won’t stay dead. This thrill ride focuses on two best friends,
warhawke
POV: First Person – Dual (Females)
Rating:

“We’re all animals. Always were. The only difference is we’re no longer caged.”

Thicker Than Blood was a story of friendship and survival in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. Evelyn and Leisel were friends before the world came crumbling down. After the infection spread, they lost everything they hold dear except each other’s loyalty.

They were living in a community that offered protection from the harsh world outside, but things only looks good
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 13, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: now
I'm intrigued!

A true friendship never dies. Leisel and Evelyn lost everything. Husbands. Families. Friends. Lives that made sense. All they had left was each other, and a friendship that could withstand anything… Even an apocalypse.

Traveling across a broken and infection-ridden country; the road-weary group are pitted against endless violence, improbable circumstances, and the ultimate loss…

But in such a savage world, is there room for love?

First standalone in a series.
Amber Rose
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was hard but I finished it. This book is amazing. review to come!

Buddy read with the bestie. :)

photo Follow the Readng Rom Blog_zpsznrkrqks.png
 photo Like the Reading ROom Blog on Fb_zpsnigjcua7.png
Angela
Jan 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
So yeah.... This is awkward.... Thought this was gonna be a book about two girls and a love triangle (idky) so ya girl was excited... Turns out it's definitely not about that and is about zombies or something. Think this is a case of mistaken identity. Going to put this down for now
Toni FGMAMTC

While reading this book I felt: anger, sadness, fear, love, grief and everything was so damn touching. It was super easy to become attached to the characters, to love them, to hate the ones that wronged them. If you want a very well written story that doesn't pull any punches, this is the one for you.

It has happened, the zombie apocalypse that everyone has feared. The disease spreads rapidly covering the suff
Sue
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What happens when you mix the Queen of Biker and the Duchess of Horror together and they have a baby (albeit a damned gory and bloody baby)...well you get THIS book and OMG am I ever happy they procreated!
Evelyn and Leisel are those girls...you know the ones...that are more like twin sisters than besties and basically are each the opposite of a one another but they need each other to eat, breathe and survive just being alive. Eve is the strong "protector" who copes with her miserable "after" lif
Brittainy Cherry
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh.
My.
God.

This was more than I imagined. Brilliant! BRILLIANT! Review to come as I gather my thoughts and stop running around in circles.
Ashley Suzanne
So, I got an ARC ... when my Kindle dinged (well, it didn't really ding ... but you get where I'm going with this).  So, I see the ARC sitting there, calling my name ... what did I do

That's right ... I fainted ... well, not literally, but in my head, I fell out on the sofa all dramatic like.

Then I read the book ....

Now I'm sad ... I wanna read it again ... like unread it and read it again

What do I do now?

Review to come

*******UPDATED FOR REVIEW************

What a ride. I must admit,
Rebecca Wash
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a book! This book was raw, gritty, and scary. Would you expect anything less from Madeline Sheehan? She never holds back and never sugarcoats and I love it! I've never read Claire C. Riley before, but I will definitely be checking out more of her books. Everyone who knows me knows I love romance in a book, but I also love that added element in a story. Whether it's a an paranormal aspect, a dystopian society, fantasy, or sci fi, I need and crave that something extra. This book has roma ...more
Virginia
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so incredibly thrilled and honored when I was asked to beta read Thicker Than Blood. Hello- it’s Claire and Madeline- we all know that anything they write will be brilliant.

Thicker Than Blood tells the story of best friends, Liesel and Evelyn, as they try to survive in a hellish, nightmarish world. Their lives and the friendship between them are put to the test repeatedly. The circumstances they encounter are unbelievable. Can they survive?

Beautifully written, emotional and creative, Thick
Charlotte Newman
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to be completely honest. I first rated this book with 4stars. I done that because the rush of emotions I was feeling at the time left. I felt very pissed! But I've had a sleep, and thought about it (a lot). And decided this book is more worthy than even 5 stars! I mean, if a book leaves you and your feelings all over the place, and you can't stop thinking about it.. the authors done their job.. right?

Jeez.. I went through every emotion possible whilst reading this book. And it's hard t
Around the Year i...: Thicker than Blood, by Madeline Sheehan and Claire C. Riley 1 18 Jan 04, 2016 09:43AM
The Challenge Fac...: Jenne & Nichole ~ Thicker Than Blood 26 16 Sep 08, 2015 01:07PM
Buddy Read Zone: Thicker Than Blood 67 56 Jan 20, 2015 04:13AM
  • Odium III (The Dead Saga, #3)
  • Love and Decay 3, Episode Three (Love and Decay 3, #3)
  • Love in the Time of the Dead (Dead Rapture, #1)
  • Blood of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #2)
  • The Beautiful Dead (The Beautiful Dead, #1)
  • 100 Days in Deadland (Deadland Saga, #1)
  • Shattered World (Broken World, #2)

Thicker Than Blood (3 books)
  • Beneath Blood and Bone (Thicker Than Blood, #2)
  • There Will Be Blood (Thicker than Blood, #3)
“We’d all lived through our own horrors, and whether they showed on our skin or not, we all bore scars, didn’t we?” 7 likes
“But when it did, when the first American fell to his knees, the government was ill prepared for the fallout and the sickness spread like wildfire.” 1 likes