Start by marking “Spoonfed: My Life with the Spoons” as Want to Read:
Spoonfed: My Life with the Spoons

Spoonfed: My Life with the Spoons

With a string of smash hits - Nova Heart, Tell No Lies, Old Emotions, Romantic Traffic - the Spoons redefined the musical landscape and captured the hearts of its fans everywhere.

The Spoons toured extensively, playing sold-out shows with an array of fellow icons including Talking Heads, Police, Culture Club, Simple Minds and many more, during an amazing decades-long
Published October 15th 2014 by Manor House Publishing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Spoonfed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spoonfed

Start your review of Spoonfed: My Life with the Spoons
Ingrid Exner
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read, ride and remembrance!
You’ll Be SPOONFED a Great Read

I must admit that I bought Gord Deppe’s book, SpoonFed: My Life With the Spoons, through the bookstore and then was so impressed after reading it that I bought an additional copy for my sister to read and enjoy. SpoonFed: My Life With The Spoons, is the type of book that you will enjoy so much that you will want to share the experience with friends and family- but not at the expense of giving up your only copy of the
Madison Deppe
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well done dad! Xo
Cody
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography, music
Spoons are my favourite band so I loved this behind the scenes look at Gord's life with the band. After reading the book I have a new layer of appreciation for the music. My only complaint was that I was left wanting more! I think there is enough material for a second volume.
Amanda
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My only complaint about this book.... not long enough!!!! I was sad when it ended and could have kept reading. I was fascinated by all the details I thought I knew but turned out ... not so much.

I loved reading every minute of this. It transported me back to a time that seems long ago.
I had seen the Spoons about 20 times in concert, (yes I was at the show where we were actually allowed to stand on the spinning Forum floor, forgot we were allowed to do that). I was in heaven when they signed the
Darren Fajcz
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
A little unsatisfying as Gord wisely glosses over the relationship between himself and his erstwhile musical and former romantic partner, Sandy Horne. What he doesn't reveal says a lot about his character. Great tales of a musical scene that continues to have influence today. I was a little irked at the number of spelling mistakes (Orchestral "Manouvers" in the Dark was particularly grating) but a good read overall and well worth the time if you're a lover of Canadian music of the 80s and 90s.
John Moore
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I felt totally engaged and found myself turning to Google to search for photos of the places mentioned in the book. What does the top on the CN Tower look like where the Nova Heart cover was shot? Were there any photos online of the old Forum? I had fun just using this book as a map guiding be back through the places of my younger days.
Carolyn