Start by marking “Codex Roboticus” as Want to Read:
Codex Roboticus

Codex Roboticus

Sind die Menschmaschinen des deutschen Arztes Stanislaus Schwenck die Fantasie eines Morphiumabhängigen oder Teil eines tatsächlichen Geheimprojekts aus den 20er Jahren?

Mit Illustrationen, Fotos und Dokumenten aus Schwencks Nachlass und früheren Ausgaben seiner Schriften folgt das Codex Roboticus Buch von Jens Maria Weber dieser schier unglaublichen Unternehmung …
(http://d
Published November 14th 2014 by Das wilde Dutzend

To ask other readers questions about Codex Roboticus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Codex Roboticus

Sarahkmartinuk
Dec 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book as part of the goodreads giveaway and was not sure what I was getting to be honest. Having read the book, which is part illustrations, graphic novel and short sections of text I am still not sure what I have just read! The book is fascinating and the illustrations really good but I did get a bit frustrated in that some of the illustration were not labelled very clearly where they were from and some of the graphic novel parts there was no translation from the German which lef ...more
Bill
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got a free copy of Codex Roboticus in the mail that i won in the Goodreads contest http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho... and it ROCKS, I'm so glad i was picked for this! So COOL!! The art is sweet and its cool in German with English translations. I will be watching for their future #Kickstarter or #Indigogo project for sure. I wanna keep reading and looking at the awesome art work.
Amanda NEVER MANDY
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, 2015
**I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.**

What captivating artwork, I was absolutely mesmerized by it! I also noticed the minimal use of narration and after lengthy contemplation, decided that it was an influential element to the dark charm of this book.

It’s one of those books I will pick up time and again just to search out new details that I missed before.

Maria Kiguthi
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great work of art. It is hard back with very good quality thick paper. The illistrations are great and the translations appear to be correct, with most of the book in both German and Enlish. I still am unsure if this a real project or if it was just the imaginative work of Schwenck.
I received a copy through GoodReads First Reads.
Josh
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, fiction, occult, sci-fi
I received this book from Goodreads.com Giveaways. This book has amazing art! If H.R. Giger drew a steam punk world, this what I would compare it to. The narrative is a little weak and confusing at times, but overall this a quick and entertaining book.
Viktoriia Lastovets
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

The quality of book is very good! A hardcover, the paper, perfect!

German/English edition, the book is about a secret project of 1920s. Many photos, illustrations and documents from letters, notes and prophecies of Dr Stanislaus Schwenck.

Non-fiction, Codex Roboticus is recommended and may be interesting for everyone who enjoys the mysteries about the sombre atmosphere of post-war Germany.
Doro