Start by marking “Murder Red Ink” as Want to Read:
Murder Red Ink

Read Book

Murder Red Ink

In Murder Red Ink, Mord McGhee imaginatively explores the incomprehensible depths of horror, human nature, and captures the brutal reality of the monster behind the Jack the Ripper murders in 1888. Allena Gould moves among the horror brought into the future of Chicago where technological ghosts are a reality and historical interface programs can be rewritten and interacted ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 274 pages
Published November 25th 2014 by TSPress (first published November 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Red Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Red Ink

Start your review of Murder Red Ink
Adam Crissom
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Saw the editorial on facebook and picked this up on kindle. I didn't realize it was new. This book blew my mind. I don't like scifi that much because it tends to drag on and only appeal to hardcore types. I like crime non-fiction and the connections made to the Ripper killings in London was a wicked and shocking twist. If you have bad dreams easily steer clear. If you like serial killer murder mysteries and tv shows like American Horror Story this is one hell of a thriller.

Jay Creek
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
American psycho meets Jack the Ripper meets The Matrix.
stunning and quick read. Alten is spot on with his comment.
Kristin Scearce
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

I personally loved "Ghosts of San Francisco" and I'm an avid reader of anything having to do with Jack the Ripper, so when I was given the opportunity to read and review "Murder Red Ink," there was no way I could pass it up. And once again, Mr. McGhee does not disappoint!

This book involves a very interesting take on the Ripper murders, and it kept me engrossed from beginning to end. There were many times I had to put it down becau
Jen
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Jack the Ripper, Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, Alfred Hitchcock
I'm a fickle reader. I don't usually buy into the "sleepers" I see on goodreads. This one of the best new books I've read in years. If you like serial killer mysteries I suggest this book. Every once in a while somebody new comes along. My guess is this is a pen name from an author that is crossing genre. The book combines so many things and has so many layers going on that I am going to have to reread it (willingly!) All of it done with an unexpected and appreciated mastery

Perry Hesson
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
nice twist at the end. SO wish this was a movie. My stomach was in knots from chapter 13 to the end (which I did in about two hours)
Reread it this week. I missed a bunch too. Theres so many layers of things happeneing I cant wait to read it again!
Mariehorrorcrazed
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Stephen King, H.P.Lovecraft, Edgar Allen Poe, Justin Cronin
nail biting horrific fun.
end was interesting, more horror than I expected.
not like the first book but there were tie ins.
Tim Gray
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I was a bit in two minds with this book (won in a giveaway); on the one hand I struggled to get into a non linear story with multiple strands, but maybe that was more me than the book, on the other hand it was a fresh treatment of a topic that's been done many times before, and that hand was dripping with blood from a very sharp blade! Read it and see for yourself.
Paul W. Nielsen
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Murder Red Ink is not for the reader who wants to curl up and relax. It is for the sophisticated Sci-fi reader who has a brain and wants to use it. Don't bother trying to get ahead of the author, you won't succeed.
A couple of things really stand out with this author:
1. He is a true wordsmith. By that,I don't mean he just uses a complete vocabulary, but is truly skilled with the use of words. He can take a complete paragraph and condense it to two or three words which gives a far better image th
Judith Chainsaw
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gory and disturbing. On edge through the whole thing. The back and forth madess caught me by surprise at the end. fans of 11/22/63 and Stories of Ray Bradbury would like this book. I still have goose bumps thinking about Jack the Ripper now. Ive read them all and this is the first to o that to me.
Shocking and different
S.K. Gregory
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
A blend of the past and future, as we jump between Victorian England and the year 2111 where tech has evolved to be implanted in people. Scientists are working on a machine that creates ghosts. An interesting mystery and I enjoyed the Jack the Ripper storyline, but I did feel that the future tech could have been better explained to begin with, but overall a good read.
Jpk2020
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love all things Ripper and this is perhaps my favorite so far. The mystery builds and builds and then explodes all over the reader. The disturbing look at a serial killer reminded me of the horror movies such as Silence of the Lambs and Seven but then there was this whole other science fiction thing going on.
One of the better writers I've come across in a long while.

Philjossi
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
amazing scary twisty creepy huge ending
Angelo
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
very disturbing. had nightmares.
I like horror and I loved the subtle Lovecraft tie ins.
Paris Ji
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Joseph Karkiss
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aly
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was another good book. I couldn't out guess what the author was going to do next so I gave up. This book was creepy in all the right places and I loved it! Great book for horror lovers and serial killer book lovers like me. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
John
May 18, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am writing this review for Goodreads. I found this book confusing and tiresome. The scenes changed at random, there was little or no background info to orient the reader. I did not care about any of the characters. At the end of the book my feelings were, finally it is over.
Charon Kinge
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
exposing the truth about history through the blood red knife of the worlds first serial killer. I loved loved loved this book and think McGhee might just be the best new author in years
Thom Provini
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
strap on your big boy reading shoes, not for sissies
Char Bles
May 09, 2016
Stephen J Tidy
Dec 16, 2015
Based on a True Story 9 14 Feb 17, 2015 03:39AM
Goodreads Authors...: Giveaway/Kindle Deal Friday the 13th/My Bloody Valentine's Promo 4 6 Feb 13, 2015 02:13PM

• The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • Acid for the Children
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?: And Other Questions About Dead Bodies
  • Before the Coffee Gets Cold
  • Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)
"Intense. Graphic. Provocative. The psychological thriller has a new voice and it is Mord McGhee," said Steve Alten.

"Even if you hate reading, this book will change that. Pageturner, blew me away," said George C. Romero

"A uniquely intellectual American book," says Loren Coleman

"With the skill and aplomb of Philip K. Dick," says Robert E. Anderson

"A great addition to the genre," says Adam Davies.

M