Start by marking “Ignite (Ignite, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ignite (Ignite, #1)

Ignite

(Ignite #1)

After her father’s untimely demise in a mining accident and her mother’s abandonment, Lauren Lindsay is no stranger to loss. She’s used to living life for one person: herself. That is, until another family tragedy thrusts three children into her care and uproots her life in ways she could never imagine.

Lauren's first instinct is to run, until she meets their striking, mys
Published August 26th 2014 by Empire Books

Kassidy
Ignite is a fast-paced, fun, and entertaining read. I like the characters and the storyline is different than any other new adult/contemporary book I have read.
The story touches on many different topics, including romance, grief, family relationships, mystery, accepting one's past, and growing up. While this made for a potentially touching and gripping story, it ultimately led to a busy plot that lacked the development needed.

Lauren is a likable character that is easy to relate to. She does have
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
I don’t know what happened in here. But it was going okay at first half then it just started to become so… stupid.

wha-happen

Like I said, the first half was okay. I like how the two main characters (Lauren and Dean) met because there’s  a certain farytale-like feel into it. I mean hello, I inhale this kind of stories and even though Ignite has Insta-attraction, I wasn’t that annoyed. I kinda liked it actually. I even like the two main characters individually, and that rarely happens.

But then the clichenes
Ylenia
Oct 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015-reads, kindle
*1.50 stars*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As you can probably tell I didn't like this book, like, at all. I don't know whether or not it was the editor fault (link here if you don't know the story) or the book was bad from the first draft but I didn't like it. As a book blogger I feel the need to talk about it and write my honest review, although I feel bad for what happened to Lily Paradis.

Ignite was all over the place. The plot was either confusing or non-existent, and even though the premise was interesting the actual s
Eliza

Rating: 3 Stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 9DE70B3B-E3A6-48C6-8B36-07CF0E175508_zpszdnmclgf.jpg

What should have been a boring day waiting in-line at the DMV, with a highlight of a conversation with a handsome stranger ends up being a life changing experience. Newly twenty-one year old Lauren Lindsay collects more than her new ID after she receives a call from her uncle Jed to inform her, her step mother has passed away leaving everything to
Lily Paradis
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It's my book, and it came out today, so I guess that means I can give it five stars... :)
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5 Stars*****

I cannot believe I am giving 5 stars to a debut author and also a YA I rarely read these but let me tell you I grabbed hold of this one and couldn't put it down. This had sweet romance, the light feathery kisses where your stomach has butterfly's and likewise a good amount of real emotion a balance and I honestly couldn't find much to fault.

photo F195658F-9872-4FD4-A430-99567C52F03A_zps5hcycen2.jpg

What's it about
Lauren Lindsey has lost her father previously and is living independently studying and getting on with life, but life has a way
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
This book should be called Drowse instead of Ignite because all this girl did was freaking sleep.

How do you have the time to sleep when you're looking out for 3 kids(and going on ski trips without them)? I mean, have you ever babysat before? You need to stay awake not only because you're going to miss picking them up from school; cause the kids kept breaking things while you were taking a siesta but also because the hot guy you have a crush would just enter your house while you were in your dre
Courtney (ConfessionsOfaBookBlogger)
5 stars! 5 freaking huge stars!

Love love loved this book.

I found the lovely Lily Paradis on Instagram and was lucky enough to purchase a signed copy of Ignite, which was literally signed, kissed and delivered to me!

The synopsis doesn’t do this book justice, it is so so so much more!

A lot happens and so many details are shared about these characters pasts that you can’t help but glue yourself to the pages.

Character development is a huge part of this story line. The plot flows seamlessly throughou
Angela
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I finally decided to download this book when I saw they had it free for a day on kindle... Yeah I normally don't like to E read and I really don't like to free download books, BUT I'm waiting on a book shipment from both Barnes and Nobles and Bookdepo so I figured why not.

I really liked the concept of Ignite. Girls family passes away leaving behind three step siblings for her to take care of. Ignite was creative and, yes it's been done before but not in the way Lily has presented it (
Melissa
Review can also be found on my blog: http://melissa-reads-books.blogspot.b...

*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.*

If I hadn’t been so busy with work these days, I would have probably finished this book in a few hours. It was that good. I loved it so much and it killed me every time I had to put it down.

“Lauren,” Kenzie managed finally as she dramatically fanned herself, and then me. “
You did not just meet him last night.”
“No really,” I said when I could speak. “He kind of sw
More of a 4.5 just because I wanted an Epilogue or something to know what happens next!!

I loved this book, it was so good. It was definitely a different New Adult book, and I liked that. I loved Dean, he was an amazing boyfriend!
The kids were so cute, I loved them. I understood why Callie was so mean, and didn't like Lauren in the beginning.

I didn't like Lauren's mom at all, she was so mean to her daughter and she didn't even care about her. Lauren's dad was amazing, we get to know a little b
Bryce
Real Rating: 4.5
I received a free arc in exchange for an honest review.

Have you ever heard of koi no yokan?”

I shook my head.

“It’s Japanese,” he explained as he trailed his fingers lightly down one of my arms. “It doesn’t have an English equivalent. Roughly translated, it’s a term for the feeling that you have when you first meet someone.”

“Like love at first sight?” I asked, tipping my head up toward his.

“No, not quite like that. It’s more like you know that a future love with that person is inev
Jillian
Disclaimer: I was sent a copy of this from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you so much to Lily Paradis!!

Characters: ★★★.5
The moment Lily Paradis likened Henry Cavill to Dean Powell...I JUST. MY GOD. What a hottie. Dean is kind of too good to be true. BUT MY GOD I still reallly like him. Lauren is likable but she's very similar to lots of NA female protagonists that I've read -- indecisive, sometimest TOO scared, and definitely scarred in the emotional sense. However, I did FEE
Red
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
So, now that my video review is posted I feel better about writing a little something here.

Real Rating: 4.5

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the book, it did not pull me in right away. Part of that may have been a result of not being in the mood for this particular books as opposed any real fault of the book.

Overall, I loved this book. It was not perfect, there were quite a few grammatical errors as a result of a poor copy editor (as explained in the author's blog post. A very interesting
Rebekka
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“He was wearing glasses. Who was he, Clark Kent? No one looked this good all the time. It just wasn’t possible.”

First I'm gonna pick some specific words to describe the book:

Family / Love / Friendship / Feelings / Tragedy / Sadness / Courageous / hope / lovely / hooked / understanding / help / bound / ... and probably many more.

I loved this book from the beginning to the end. I'm a big fan of the building tension between love characters. This book definitely has this but with his own specific t
Leslie
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-releases
Actual rating: 4.75
I LOVED THIS BOOK! I wish She would write a book with colleen Hoover!
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Visit Stay Bookish for more book reviews!

Romance aficionados, brace yourselves. Lily Paradis’s Ignite, a story about unexpected responsibilities, hard choices and inevitable love, is something to check out and add to your excessive to-read list. I’ll give you three reasons why…

“Have you ever heard of koi no yokan?” I shook my head.
Yvonne (bookishpanda)
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it

I've already heard a bit about Lily Paradis - mainly because Melissa wouldn't shut up about her awesome books, haha - but this one was on my TBR list for quite a while now. I just love the cover and was really intrigued by the blurb of it, so I had to give it a try!

If my rating would be based on the characters only, I'd probably give the book 5 stars - or at least close to that! I got really attached to everyone in this book, probably the most to Dean Powell and little Emma. She's extremely cut
Shannon (leaninglights)
UPDATE: Since posting this review, the author has released a blog post explaining her journey through the editing process and what happened to Ignite. It is a very honest and forthcoming post and I hope you all will check it out. http://lilyparadis.com/?p=893
------
Hmm.. *2.75 stars*

*Disclaimer: this book was sent to me for review in exchange for an honest review*

Full review: http://leaninglights.weebly.com/home/...

This book was a very confusing journey for me. While I thought there were aspects
El
RE-READ ON APRIL 27 2015

THIS BOOK NEVER FAILS TO MAKE ME LAUGH, CRY AND FALL IN LOVE. I'M SO INLOVE WITH THIS BOOK. I MIGHT HAVE TO RE-READ IT AGAIN SOON.

FIVE FREAKIN' STARS AIN'T ENOUGH!!!

First of all, I would like to thank Ms. Lily Paradis for sending me a Kindle version of this book. I've always wanted to read this but I don't know how. So yea, I'm really grateful of what you did.

I just love the flow of the story. I love how Dean and Lindsay ended up together. I love everything about the bo
Brittni
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 3.5stars

I have to admit contemporary is not my go to genre, however, after hearing great things about this book I had to get my hands on it. When I received the book I realized it was a new adult novel, which got me excited as I have been wanting to read one soon.

I quite enjoyed this book. I was worried it would be a cute and fluffy contemporary..it is not even close to that. There is so much depth to this book. Lauren has been through so many struggles throughout her life, when
Laura Lovely
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay so first of all i have to say I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK! :) 4.5 stars only because i need more! I loved reading about Lauren's story, and watching het adapt to the new situations that we're thrown at her unconventionally. I loved Dean as well, and his story that fit so perfectly to Laurens. I adored everything about this book; the story, the characters, and also the message. Thank you Lily for getting it sent to me, i can't wait to read more from you! Everyone in the mood for a good cont ...more
Kierstan
Currently making a video review for this book. Will be up soon! As soon as it's posted I'll come back through and edit this!
Maureen
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
3.75/5 stars.

I liked this book quite a bit! Pretty unrealistic, but sweet nonetheless.
Izabella
I wanted to like this book, but....I couldn't. I just couldn't.
This whole story was so unrealistic, I couldn't believe a single thing that happened. Not to mention that the drama rivalled a YA Wattpad story. And hey, I'm not saying I don't like Wattpad stories, I do (well, depends on the story), but Watty stories usually need a lot of work. They might have potential, but they're generally extremely raw.

I had so many problems with Ignite. For instance, why were the three little step-siblings dump
Kath
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kath by: Ms. Lily Paradis
"Have you ever heard of koi no yokan?" he asked. "It's Japanese," he explained as he trailed his fingers lightly down one of my arms. "It doesn't have an English equivalent. Roughly translated, it's a term for the feeling that you have when you first meet someone."

"Like love at first sight?" I asked, tipping my head up toward his.

"No, not quite like that. It's more like you know that a future love with that person is inevitable, but it diesn't exist in that moment."

First of all, I would like to
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
You can also find this review on For the Love of Fictional Worlds

I met this author on Instagram as well and I absolutely fell in love with the book description there! So when she was offering her book for a reduced price for Asian countries, I just had to buy it, now didn't I?

Best part though, I purchased and had it personally signed!! My first personally signed book! Can you believe how absolutely sweet she is? And another best thing, this book arrived exactly on the New Year's :D

I was really e
Samantha
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, read-2015
More like 4.5 stars.
Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6srg...

So let me start off by saying that I loved this book! It was very enjoyable, it was funny and cute, but also had it's slightly darker moments pertaining to Dean's past. The characters were loveable and relatable and, for the most part, the plot was interesting and enjoyable to read about. However, this book did have some flaws.

Cons
1. Some of the arguments in this book seemed very pointless. There was one in particular (v
Joey Susan
This book was beautiful. I read it in one sitting and then when it was done got disorientated as I was swept away Into this world.

It was so beautiful and the characters were so real and written so well and had the layers of a normal human which is something I love reading. I literally only got this book yesterday after having it on my Wish List for a long time and I couldn't put it down so desperate to read the whole thing and I did. And I'm proud to say it's one of my favourites.

Parts weren't
Noelani Risley
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK!

I wasn't sure what to expect with this book..I heard great things and decided to give it a try since it was free for the kindle..well I loved it so much I bought a physical copy as well!I can relate to this story and loved it!
Little Yellow Boo...: IGNITE BY LILY PARADIS BOOK TALK 4 47 Oct 01, 2014 02:48PM
  • Chasing Bristol (The Finding Trilogy #2)
  • Smash Into You (Sorority Row #1)
  • Addy And The Smart Guy (Big Girl Panties #3)
  • Road to Somewhere
  • Claire (Hart University, #2)
  • Blind Side
  • All It Takes
  • The Sweet Spot
  • Had To Be You
  • Full Share (Shore House, #1)
  • The Holdout
  • Missed Connections (Summer Love, #1)
  • The Edge of You
  • The Secret to Letting Go
  • Clouds That Were
  • A Missing Peace
  • Perfect for You
  • Mercy's Magic (Mercedes Cruz, #1)
Lily lives with her family and loves reading, running, and hiking. New York City is her favorite place in the world and fosters her borderline unhealthy obsession with the Empire State Building and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

She loves hearing from her readers and can be reached at paradis.lily@gmail.com.

Ignite (2 books)
  • Arc Light (Ignite, #2)
“You and your rugged sexuality better scoot over,” I whispered. “Unless you want to be responsible for making me pass out on this plane. I’m not sure that flight attendant knows CPR.”
“It’s okay,” he said, lowering his lips all the way to my ear so they touched my skin when he spoke. “I’m really good at mouth-to-mouth.”
Holy shit.”
12 likes
“Nope,” I said, closing my eyes. I should probably go back to sleep. That sounded like a good idea. “I’m pretty sure it’s Dean’s rugged sexuality interfering with the machines.” 9 likes