Start by marking “On a Rogue Planet (The Phoenix Adventures, #3)” as Want to Read:
On a Rogue Planet (The Phoenix Adventures, #3)

On a Rogue Planet

(The Phoenix Adventures #3)

Unlucky-in-love salvage mechanic, Malin Phoenix, didn’t intend to get caught up in a coup and kidnapped by a sexy cyborg. But she finds herself swept into an adventure to help the deadly, emotionless CenSec, Xander Saros, retrieve an ancient Terran artifact and save his planet.

Soon she’s racing across uncharted space and is magnetically drawn to the cyborg whose strong arm
Published November 16th 2014 by self-published

To ask other readers questions about On a Rogue Planet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On a Rogue Planet

Blacky *Romance Addict*
The artefact in this book is the world's first computer. In the book, they picked it up in their hands when actually the first computer was as big as a room. A huge room lol. Guess those astroarcheologists REALLY suck at their job haha
new_user
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was between stars because this author doesn't get gritty or very complex -I actually like her climaxes best where she plumbs the emotional depths a bit- but she is much better at action than many I've read lately and what can I say, I love cyborgs and Anna Hackett actually develops their abilities, limits, etc. Also, love female mechanic characters. Sometimes you need a steamy, feel-good space adventure. Four stars.
Mstcat
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a short and quick review of On a Rogue Planet by Anna Hackett. On a Rogue Planet is the story of Malin Phoenix, female cousin to the Phoenix brothers. It is also the third book in the The Phoenix Adventures. Malin is a salvage mechanic whose love interest is a cyborg. Yes, a CYBORG! Okay, I seriously love this series. It's so much fun! We have action, adventure, and of course love. The characters are well developed and they are characters that you care about. The author has a great voice ...more
Gail Koger
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

Nice, Fast paced book. I enjoyed the characters and story line. I look forward to reading more in the series
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Phoenix Adventures #3
Rating: 4 stars - it was enjoyable

Malin Phoenix feels most comfortable when she's salvaging and fixing ship parts and after being dumped by several men who want her to be more feminine she's finding it hard to trust. When an attack on the cyborg planet, Centax, lands Malin in the middle of a coup she barely escapes on her ship -- but she's not alone. A Commander in the Centax Security Program, Xander Saros has more enhancements then most cyborgs and he's a legend amo
Kelly
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am COMPLETELY in love with the crazy that pops up in these books. I mean, I was smitten with the treasure hunting alone. When cyborgs get thrown into the mix, I'm downright giddy. (That's a not-so-subtle hint to all the authors reading this that I am LONGING for more cyborg books. LONGING FOR THEM!)

So. Xander and Malin. Malin is an adventurous woman with a big heart. Xander is the supposedly emotionless cyborg who needs her help. Given his lack of social skills (because what do emotionless cyb
Summer
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aliens, space, cyborgs
This was a 3.5-4 for me. I'd like to rate it higher because I really enjoyed the strong scifi aspect but I just didn't really get into the story.
Maddy
What can I say... I obviously have a thing for emotionally cold heroes that eventually see the light and fall in love *dreamy sigh*. Plus cyborgs. Like come on. Cyborgs! Cannot resist that.
Seriously though? I liked the hero. But I like the heroine more. She was so fierce, so strong, awfully smart and capable, and endured every hardship without complaint. She was very realistic towards the whole "adventure" and "fling" thing and I liked how she didn't go into girly fits and giggles. Of course so
Marlene
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

Take a smidgen of Firefly, a pinch of Babylon 5, a tiny bit of Deep Space Nine and a heaping helping of Linnea Sinclair’s Games of Command, and you’ll have something that might get within a couple of parsecs of Anna Hackett’s On a Rogue Planet - and I mean that in a totally awesome way.

So far, this series has simply been oodles of science fiction romance fun, while still telling a terrific science fiction story.

We have a bunch of space mercenaries, except t
sharon e hochstetler
Oh. My. Loved it.

We only saw Malin briefly before. Now we meet her and feel her spunky determination. She is very smart and very funny. She calls for a cyborg intent on saving his planet and people. Xander enlist the help of the Phoenix brothers and Malin for a very dangerous mission. Loved it!!!!
Kara Prem
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty fun story with a crazy battle against robots in a maze towards the end of the book. Malin, the Phoenix brother's mechanic cousin happens to be on a planet when a coup occurs. She rescues a CenSec cyborg (well, he finds her and they escape the planet together). In order to restore order to his planet, Xander must find an ancient Earth artifact and does so with Malin and her cousins.
JML
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

Wow! I don't know what I was expecting but this far surpassed it. This was a splendid adventure filled with terrific action and a beautiful love story between two people learning what real love is. I love Anna Hackettt's version of. Cyborgs. She does a wonderful job of exploring feelings and what it means to be human with some extraordinary enhancements. Loved it.
Patricia Kearns
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phoenix adventures

These are a must read.👍
Indiana Jones eat your heart out....... these would make a fabulous films.
A Planet taken over with the help of mercenaries giants.
Valuable artifact stolen.
There is so much in this book. Great read.
Aurrora James
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and imaginative

I really liked Xander and some of the situations he and Malin got into were so creative and amazing. Especially Krypto. It's a good read but there are some annoying errors that took me out of the story.
Megan
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.

Like all Anna Hackett books this was a great story. I didn't expect the twists and turns. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Ashley
Xander and Malin are one of my favorite couples from this series.
Kbird
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great. Fast paced. Intense. Sexy.
Heather
Malin is great and so is Xander. Non-stop action with a cyborg that isn't quite invincible and a woman that had to save him. The Terren artifact was part of the first computer.
Heike
Mar 06, 2017 marked it as not-for-me-dnf  ·  review of another edition
I did not finish this book, thus I do not think I deserved the right to rate it. Most of the time the books I don't finish are just not the type of books I personally like while others may cherish them.

This book had all I could wish for: strong heroine who likes to play with tools, Cyborg hero *sigh*, aliens, space travel, treasure hunt, and last, but not least, a love interest.

That works so well for Linnea Sinclair, Ann Aguirre, G.S. Jennsen, Rachel Bach, Lindsay Buroker and even Ruby Lionsdr
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
On a Rogue Planet is the third exciting adventure following the treasure-hunting Phoenix brothers and their cousins. The prior two stories shared how two of the three brothers found happiness and love while saving the galaxy. For the third time out into space, Ms. Hackett shares the story of Phoenix cousin Malin Phoenix. Loving her life as a salvage mechanic, she’s always felt lacking in the girly-girly department and unlucky in love.

While on the cyborg planet of Centax, Malin gets caught up in
Book Gannet
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Romance and adventure set in outer space, with aliens, ancient artifacts and sexy cyborgs – what’s not to love? And this time the Phoenix in question is the quiet female mechanic, Malin, who usually stays at home working with her beloved salvage and staying far away from treasure hunts. Until the day she gets caught up in a hostile planetary coup and ends up rescuing a sexy cyborg who isn’t nearly as emotionless as he’d like to believe.

I love Malin. She’s just an ordinary mec
Laura Greenwood

Title: On a Rogue Planet
Series: The Phoenix Adventures (#3)
Author: Anna Hackett
From: Netgalley
Genre: Sci-fi, Space Opera, Romance
Release Date: 16th November 2014
Challenges: 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 Blogger Shame, Summer COYER 2016, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Unlucky-in-love salvage mechanic, Malin Phoenix, didn’t intend to get caught up in a coup and kidnapped b
Lee
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sfr
On planet Centax, almost everybody has cybernetic implants. We aren’t given the gory details of the different types and what they do, but it seems to be a Better Faster Stronger idea. Centaxian government’s legitimacy is determined by possessing a certain artifact: the Antikythera Mechanism. At the beginning of the story, there’s a coup that also involves theft of the artifact. Malin Phoenix, salvager/mechanic, gets caught up in the violence. Xander Saros, head of Centax Security (essentially th ...more
Corinne
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my feels! I fell in love with this series when I came across In The Devil's Nebula on NetGalley. I've since snatched up all the books published so far in this series. So far, I have yet to read one I didn't love. On A Rogue Planet was no exception. It may be my favorite so far.

On A Rogue Planet had several of my favorite elements packed into the story of Xander and Malin. Cyborgs, robots, crazy mad scientist, archaeology, planetary civil war, tough but lovable and believable characters, and a
Elizabeth
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, sci-fi
Originally published at West Coast Book Reviews.

I received a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review.

On a Rogue Planet is third in The Phoenix Adventures and drops Malin Phoenix, cousin to Dathan, Zayn and Nik square in the middle of a coup on Centrix, the CenSec planet. On a Rogue Planet starts with a BOOM and charges forth from there.

At first, I assumed (silly me) this one would be about Nik and Darq and have to admit I enjoyed being teased along further with (what I hope will be
Alliewillie
OMG what a great story this is! I've found a new author and I'm quite thrilled. Her books all seem to be ebooks sadly (I'd love to own the hard copy) and my main complaint is the length in the upper 200s pages range. All books should be at least 350+ 😉. That being said, she's a fantastic writer with great characters, a snarky sense of humor, a great imagination for sci fi elements, and a perfect amount of smexy fun that doesn't over rule the plot. Xander is an enhanced person (read:cyborg) with ...more
Jess Anastasi
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beware for anyone starting this book: make sure you clear your schedule for the day and have a few coffees in preparation for a late night, because you will not want to put On a Rogue Planet down.
I've read a few cyborg romances where the man/machine struggles with his humanity and coming to understand love and how to be with someone in an emotionally healthy relationship, but Anna Hackett has blown all of those out of the water.
Xander was a perfect mix of strength, vulnerability and turmoil, w
Bookgyrl
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Malin Phoenix is looking around the salvage yard at the planet Centax when there is a coup. And she meets Xander Saros, general and head of the CenSec security. He was nearby when the planet is attacked, his brother (the Prime) taken and he needs Malin's spaceship. Together they leave Centax for her home planet, as Xander wants to hire her Phoenix cousins to track a very special object that has been taken from Centax by the invaders. This object is the first computer ever made (from Terra) and i ...more
Angela
Jul 23, 2016 rated it liked it
While filled with the high-standard of tense and death-defying moments that Hackett's work is known for, this was not one of my favorites. Two things diminished it for me. The first was that, for someone who was supposed to have no feelings, Xander was a fount of emotion from the beginning. I think stoicism and single-mindedness are not equivalent to lack of emotion. I know he was not very in touch with his emotions but I just didn't think he was a cyborg-y as the story blurb prepares us for. Th ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Malin Phoenix loves machines and Xander Saros is part machine so they must be made for each other. We the readers know this but Malin and Xander do not and so we have a story. You can also look for a new set of Phoenix characters to appear along with hook for future stories.

I really like this series. Each adventure is a novella with well developed characters, a interesting plot, good world building and a new romance. See if like me a female mechanic unlucky in love and a cyborg who should not ha

• Overload Flux (Central Galactic Concordance #1)
  • Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company, #2)
  • B785 (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #3)
  • Shielder (Shielder, #1)
  • Last Command (Fallen Empire, #0.5)
  • Tales From The SFR Brigade
  • Hunting Kat (The Triton Experiment, #1)
  • Unmasked (UN-Forgettable, #4)
  • Wreck of the Nebula Dream
  • Breakaway (Verdant String #1)
  • In the Black (Tales from the Edge, #1)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
  • Chain Reaction (8th Wing, #2)
  • Caught in Amber
I’m Anna and I’m a USA Today bestselling author who’s passionate about action romance. I love stories that combine the thrill of falling in love with the excitement of action, danger and adventure. I write about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it’s possible for all of us to do the same.

My parents are to blame for my insatiable need to m

The Phoenix Adventures (9 books)
  • At Star's End (The Phoenix Adventures, #1)
  • In the Devil's Nebula (The Phoenix Adventures, #2)
  • Beyond Galaxy's Edge (The Phoenix Adventures #4)
  • Return to Dark Earth (The Phoenix Adventures #5)
  • On a Barbarian World (The Phoenix Adventures #6)
  • Lost in Barbarian Space (The Phoenix Adventures #7)
  • Through Uncharted Space (The Phoenix Adventures #8)
  • Crashed on an Ice World (The Phoenix Adventures #9)