Start by marking “Four Friends” as Want to Read:
Four Friends

Four Friends

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  6,846 Ratings  ·  682 Reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Robyn Carr comes the story of four friends determined to find their stride

Gerri can't decide what's more devastating: learning her rock-solid marriage has big cracks, or the anger she feels as she tries to repair them. Always the anchor for friends and her children, she realizes it's time to look carefully at herself. The journey
Published May 26th 2015 by Mira (first published March 25th 2014)

Jonetta
I decided to try this story simply because it seemed to be a larger extension of the contemporary fiction aspect of Robyn Carr's Thunder Point series, which I am enjoying immensely. My instincts were dead on as Four Friends is quite the masterpiece.

The story centers around three friends who live in the same neighborhood, actually on the same street. The fourth emerges later as she's relatively new. In the space of a few weeks, their contented lives are completely upended when each experience st
Ana

I have to admit that it took me a while to actually start this book. Just wasn't in the mood for it I guess, but once I did make it through the fist chapter I could hardly put it down.

Anyway, this is a story of four friends:

Gerri always considered her life to be happy, and other than her work, smooth sailing. And then she found out her husband had an affair six years ago, and it seems so fragile, her life, kids, and especially marriage.

Andy, Andy hasn't had much luck with men. After 2 f
Lonny
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
I always look forward to a new Robyn Carr book; I'm a great fan of her Virgin River books, but this stand alone novel fell flat for me. Too much drama, too many unlikely coincidences, and worst of all, a main character who I was unable to sympathize with because I simply didn't like her. The only characters I cared about were Bob and his dog!

I saw a review that compared this book to The House on Olive Street, also written by Carr. I didn't care for that book either - from now on I'll stick to Ca
Gayle
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is ridiculous.

This is the first Robyn Carr book I've read. I was excited to read this book because I've heard that Carr is a good writer and I was looking to spice up my reading selection. That being said, this book was not good.

My favorite character was Beau...a dog. Every other main character was over the top. Carr tried to convey their personalities so much so that they all came off as being on the extreme end of their personality spectrum. She tried to paint Sonja as the crazy one
Sherri Thacker
I may be in the minority but I lost interest in this book more times than once. I usually like all of Robyn Carr's books but this one was a disappointment.
Ian
Three women, neighbours and friends, find themselves facing marriages that are falling apart. Then a neighbour who moved in 12 months earlier but has always avoided any overtures of friendship steps in and through simple acts of kindness manages to bring them even closer and mover them towards healing.

Gerri has always relied on the rock solid partnership she has with her husband. Even if their sex lives aren't what they were they are partners in every sense. Then she discovers that five years e
Geri Reads
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

It's so weird to read about a book where one of the main MCs has the same name (almost) as you. Weird. Very weird. But still enjoyable.
Mary Strand
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absorbing, fascinating read about four complex women with problems: Gerri, Andy, Sonja, and BJ. Gerri is the glue and the rock of the bunch and the heart of the story. Sonja begins as a woman who's too perfect (as the other women think, too) and who goes off the rails spectacularly. She also refinds the rails in spectacular, wonderful, unexpected fashion. I got a major kick out of her. BJ has a heckuva secret, and Andy is the sort of woman who goes after what she wants ... and tosses what she ...more
Cyndi
May 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dead on arrival. Every once in a while a book comes along that is so boring it is excruciating to read. This was one of them. I got to page 200 and asked myself why I was torturing myself with such a snoozefest. I didn't care about the characters or the plot (was there a plot?), and I found myself siding with all the ex-husbands--I'd be running away from these women if I could. I will say, however, that I could see this getting turned into a movie starring aging Hollywood actresses--Julia Robert ...more
Mireille Duval
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
I really liked this. I liked every story and how they intertwined, and I felt the author very deftly put each other in the spotlight at the appropriate time. Gerri's story was probably the most interesting to me, I liked seeing how she reacted to the the huge crack in her perfect marriage, how Phil dealt with it, what were his reasons, etc., (view spoiler). Andy and Bob were lovely. Sonja's transformation was also impressiv ...more
Jackie Lane
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I am such a Carr fan and will read anything she writes.

This book is so different than her series book, but I still enjoyed it.

This was the story of 4 friends and how their seemingly perfect lives implode and how they deal with it.

Gerri thought she had the perfect marriage, only to find that Phil had cheated on her years before. I was so disappointed in Phil, but loved the parts where Gerri was speaking to his mother and how she sided with Gerri. I also enjoyed how Gerri was kind of the rin
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Angie
Book provided by NetGalley for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

After being encouraged to read a Robyn Carr novel, I feel mostly let down that the hype from friends wasn’t exactly all that I probably should have felt.

My biggest pet peeve is using coarse language to express emotions to excess; there are many other wonderful words that can be used to achieve the same result without causing the reader to either wince or roll their eyes after a while.

Gerri’s treat
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 4 STARS
(Review Not on Blog)
Listened to on Audio

"Gerri can't decide what's more devastating: learning her rock-solid marriage has big cracks, or the anger she feels as she tries to repair the damage. Always the anchor for friends and her three angst-ridden teenagers, it's time to look carefully at herself. The journey for Gerri and her family is more than revealing—it's transforming.

Andy doesn't have a great track record with men, and she's come to believe that for her a lasting love is o
Angela
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been a fan of Robyn Carr ever since Virgin River ... And I'll always be a fan. But Four Friends is nothing like the nature-filled, adventurous, romantic tales of Virgin River or Thunder Point.

Four friends is about four neighborhood women, each in a different phase in life, each with struggles, and each with strengths. They bring each other wine, pull each other out of bed to join the daily morning walks, and save each other's lives. Literally.

The more I think about this book, the more am
Sharon Redfern
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fabulous book! Four women in the same neighborhood find themselves in crisis one after the other. First Andy kick outs her cheating sleazoid husband. Then, Gerri discovers that her perfect marriage isn't so perfect after all. She is forced to look at what her perception of the perfect marriage is and why she and her husband are having problems. The third woman, Sonja, is a free spirited new ager whose husband leaves her flat and repudiates her entire values system causing her to have ...more
KatLynne
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robyn Carr is a wonderful story teller and writes the kind of women's fiction that I enjoy, offering situations that most women can relate as well as providing a romance. Here she brings to life the tale of four unique women and the difficult challenges each will come to face within the confines of their marriage.

I quickly became immersed as Carr brings to life each of their situations. The adversities they face are offset perfectly with triumphs and laughter. And while certain aspects of the p
Wendy
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jul-14
This is a novel about extraordinary women facing ordinary problems. The four friends in this book are four women juggling the responsibilities facing many women today - family, friends, careers - while trying to maintain their own identities.
Life is unpredictable and Robyn Carr writes about some of the messiest issues of all.
Bob, one of the male characters in the story, is now on my list of all-time favorite characters.
A very satisfying book for fans of contemporary romance.
Elizabeth
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book - a little different from what I've read by Robyn Carr. The writing is wonderful, character development perfect and held my attention throughout.
☕ Kimberly
love Carr but this wasn't for me. it was sad with cheating, broken homes and I did not. connect with the characters.
Carol
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hated that this book was over. I enjoyed getting to know the four women and I'm sorry this isn't a series like Virgin River where I get to keep going back.
Maria
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW, this book was absolutely AMAZING! I loved every minute of it; it was a heartwarming story that made me feel wonderful, believing in the power of true friendship. I loved the relationship between Sonja, BJ, Andy, and Gerri; it felt genuine, and believable, something that is hard to find nowadays. At first, all four of the friends were living difficult lives, which was noticeable in the interactions they had with each other. I admired the strength that each of them displayed when placed in to ...more
Karielle at Books à la Mode
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog
"[Andy]. Short for Anastasia.... Know what it means?"
"Can't say I do."
"One who will rise again," she said.
[Bob] gave a friendly nod. "And of course you will."
She took a deep breath and sighed heavily. "I just hope it's not again and again and again."

They were three suburban queens, and they had the perfect lives. But when each Gerri, Andy, and Sonja's lives begin to crumble before their very eyes—as if the entire neighborhood is falling apart—these three women discover that life in paradise isn'
Mary
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is why i love robyn carr.
Life isn't only sunshine and rainbows. Offcourse there is a happy end, but still it touches with difficult real life struggles. In real life things don't always get fixed or take more time, but still.
Like the title says, it is simply a book about four woman in one neigbourhood, who face real things and seek support with each other (and sometimes try not to show how much they are hurting).
Kitty Summers
Was a decent book. A little light and superficial. Too neatly wrapped up in the end. I didn’t like the way all these women’s issues revolved around “their men”. Meh.
Bettie
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too much romance for me - not my favorite genre. On the other hand, it's a good story about women and friendships.
Suze
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
FOUR FRIENDS

FOUR friends, four neighbors - women that probably wouldn't have been friends except for geography. The story was a little tedious to me.
Robin Malone
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from Katie at Little Bird Publicity/ the author Robyn Carr, in exchange for an honest review.

The Review

When I was offered the opportunity to read “Four Friends”, I didn’t have a single clue who Robyn Carr was or what her writing style was like. It was only later, when I was talking to my mom about this amazing book I had just read and she became so excited, telling me she'd read over a dozen or so of Robyn Carr's books, did I realize this was someone well known.

Tha
Marlene
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

I really enjoyed Four Friends, I think because I identified with aspects of all of the characters. And I envied the strength of their friendship. But each of their stories had resonance for me. This is not a story where you get swept away on the tides of romance, Four Friends is a quiet story about women you would like to go out with for one of their early morning power walks.

This is a story about, obviously, four friends. But it’s also the story of four ma
Arlena

Title: Four Friends
Author: Robyn Carr
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Review:

"Four Friends" by Robyn Carr...

Book Description....

Andy does
Diane
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Geri and her husband Phil are very busy, with two full-time, all-encompassing careers (she works for Child Protective Services and he is an assistant district attorney) and three teenage children. They don't always have time to do everything they want, but they have a solid marriage- or so Geri believes.

Andy is Geri's best friend and is on the verge of her second divorce, this time from a hot younger guy. Her son is Geri's son's friend, but he has been very distant lately, something she attribut
  • The Torn Up Marriage
  • The Mill House
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • Sanctuary Island (Sanctuary Island #1)
  • The Coming Home Place
  • Contingency (Covenant of Trust #1)
  • The Marriage War
  • Mansion for My Love
  • The Rake's Rainbow
  • The Way of the Heart
  • Whatever It Takes
  • A Perfect Marriage
  • Tender Fury
  • The Color of Light (Goddesses Anonymous, #4)
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)
  • Back for Seconds (Lone Star Second Chances #1)
  • After the Fall
Robyn Carr is a RITA® Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The third novel (THE FAMILY GATHERING) in her fan-favorite new series, Sullivan's Crossing, will be released in April 2018. Robyn is a recipient of the Romance Writers of America Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 and in 201 ...more
“She'd always had a short fuse but lately she was positively electric and could burst into flame anywhere, anytime. ... When she was out of the shower, dry and cool, she had one of those reprieves that came regularly - she felt perfectly normal, sane and in control. Then came the inevitable guilt . . .” 1 likes
“But isn’t it terrific when you’re with someone who can bring out your best self? I think that’s the sign of a true friend, when they make you feel better when you’re with them than you ever had a chance of feeling without them.” 0 likes