Start by marking “The Museum of Fractured Lives Omnibus” as Want to Read:
The Museum of Fractured Lives Omnibus

The Museum of Fractured Lives Omnibus

A compelling collection of four emotive stories. Each one is perfect for filling a lunch break, coffee break or commute to work. Dip into this collection and escape into someone else’s life, experience their ups and downs, joys and sorrows.

The Museum of Fractured Lives displays objects donated by people who have suffered a trauma in their lives. The objects are a symbol
Published June 17th 2014 by Tango Press

To ask other readers questions about The Museum of Fractured Lives Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Museum of Fractured Lives Omnibus

Start your review of The Museum of Fractured Lives Omnibus
Rosie Amber
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Museum Of Fractured Lives is a quick read, a collection of four inter-connecting stories. Vanessa's husband drops the idea of divorce in her lap after thirty tears of marriage and on the day she agreed to take early retirement from her job. A new start frightens her. Steven is also on the brink of a new dream and they find themselves both bidding for the same property.

The idea behind the museum comes from a Museum for broken relationships in Zagreb. People will donate objects from their past
Thea Hartley
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Museum of Fractured Lives by Sally Jenkins.

I recommend everyone to read this book. It is extremely well written and gives you bite sized looks into the lives of different people who have suffered diverse traumas.
The writer, Sally Jenkins has accurately captured the emotions in each one. From passive depression to extreme anger, and every possible combination in between.
A n advantage to the book, in my eyes, is that you can sit down with a cup of coffee and have an enjoyable break reading
Anne Harvey
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Although only novella length, this is one of the most compelling reads I've experienced in a long time. The eponymous museum is a repository for artefacts that people deposit as a way of making amends or mending a hurt previously experienced. Although made up of only three stories, Maxine's, Karen's and Pete's, to my mind, this is worthy of making into a full-length novel with more stories.
Julia Ibbotson
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the collection and a fascinating idea. I did feel, however, that I wanted to know what happened in the end to some of the characters. I don't necessarily like all loose ends tied up at the end of a book; I often enjoy a sense of questioning at the end but here there was sometimes a feeling of the story not concluding. A good read, though.
Tina
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a short book of short stories about people who have suffered heartbreak in their lives. All the stories are interlinked by the museum of fractured lives. The museum offers people a chance to leave an object that represents their heartbreak and to tell their story. I loved all of the stories in this book. I think that it will be a book that stays with me for a while.
Simone Loubser
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the events surrounding each person's contribution to the museum of fractured lives. Sally Jenkins brought her characters to life in a way that made me want to keep reading to discover each of their stories. A very entertaining read which showcases the beautiful, as well as the ugly side of human nature.
Federica
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book. From the prologue to the end. You are faced with very touching stories where the characters had to make hard decisions, or the decision have been made for them... I would definitely recommend it.
Cat
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Extremely compelling and diverse, this book offers a sneak peak into different peoples lives and the different types of heartbreak you can experience throughout your lives. I absolutely love the concept of this museum and can only wish that it's a real thing that I can one day visit.
Gillian Walton
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book good easy read feel good book
Michele Hardwick
Jun 15, 2015
Sonya Oldwin
marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Elham
marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Sally Jenkins is based in the West Midlands and writes part-time around her job as a computer programmer. She targets her short stories at a range of competitions and magazines. Sally also produces the odd article on writing-related topics.
When she is not tapping away at a keyboard, Sally enjoys Body Combat classes and church bell-ringing.
She would advise all would-be writers to join a local class