Start by marking “What If (If Only..., #2)” as Want to Read:
What If (If Only..., #2)

What If

(If Only.... #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  583 ratings  ·  117 reviews
Sometimes it takes letting go of the past to find out who you want to be.

During his semester abroad, Griffin Reed almost gave his heart to a girl who loved someone else. Lesson learned. Now he’s home, where following in his father’s footsteps may not be what he wants, but it’s what his parents expect. It might be taking the easy road, but he doesn’t see a way out.

Something
Published December 8th 2014 by Entangled: Embrace (first published November 18th 2014)

really liked it 4.00  ·

A.J. Pine
Nov 12, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: romance
I'm so excited to share Griffin and Maggie's story with you!

WILD card.
Full deck
All in.

***Want more Griffin and Maggie? I have TWO bonus chapters to share with you. If you post your review on one of the buy sites (Amazon, BN, etc) and email me the link to your review at amy@ajpine.com,I will personally send you two extra scenes!***

Stay in the loop for all things WHAT IF as well as other book news (like my two books releasing with Berkley/Intermix in 2015) by signing up for my newsletter HERE!
Reanell Tisdale
5 'what if' stars!

I ABSOLUTELY loved What If. I didn't know after reading If Only who I would love more, Noah or Griffin. And I can say with 100% certainty that it's GRIFFIN! I don't know if it's the name Griffin I love so much or what but every Griffin I have read in a book I have adored. I think it helped that I adored Maggie as well. That girl has a special place in my heart. <3

I will read anything by A.J. Pine, ANYTHING! I didn't want the story to end!! I was about 73% in yesterday when I
Rachel
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Overall rating: 3.75 "Pippi/Fancy Pants" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate Pasts: (view spoiler)
OM/OW drama: (view spoiler)
Mandy
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! This is a unique story about a girl, Maggie, who has a condition where her short term memory is affected. She can remember some things, but needs a lot of visual clues and reminders. Griffin is following the path that is set out for him by his father but is unhappy and acting out. He's a bit of a man-whore and doesn't think he deserves more. He had his heart broken 2 years ago when he fell in love with a girl who is in love with someone else (this happened in book 1, If Only, ...more
Lia Riley
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A compelling follow up to If Only, What If is powerful and deeply involving love story with a well-differentiated cast. The complexity of Pine's characters shine, leaving the reader with no choice but to go "all in" on their journey to claim love and personal fulfillment. Pine is a bright, authentic voice in New Adult romance.

Griffin Reed might be my favorite NA book boyfriend of 2014.
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
WHAT IF is perfection in words. I have waited for this book forever. Since I finished IF ONLY and told Amy about my super duper big love for Mr. Griffin. And god did this book make me feel all the emotions.

Review also can be found here: http://www.hopelessbooklovers.com/wha...

How can you love a book so much you wish it didn’t have an ending and just be a super long book with lots of adventures and fluffy love and sexy times? This book was it. “IT” meaning the best book 2014 put in my hands. WHA
A_Ryan
A story about a girl who has short-term memory loss, and a boy whose father is pressuring him to finally take responsibility for his future. When the two meet, sparks fly and they promise each other one "non-date" night with no questions asked, no personal details exchanged - just one night of adventure when the can be themselves, in the present, with no worries about the past or the future. But when it becomes clear that there is something special between them, will she even remember his name?

B
Megan Erickson
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-new-adult
This book. Oh man, this book. I love so much about it that it's hard to put into words. Maggie is a kick ass heroine. Griffin is charming as hell with this underlying vulnerability that makes you want to hug him to your chest.

AJ's writing is always gorgeous, but it really shines in this book. The characters have incredible depth, and you ROOT for them. Every single page you root for them to be happy for themselves and also happy together. I can't tell you because *spoilers* but the scene at the
Khulood
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2014
3.5-4 What If? Stars

I'm not sure how to rate this book.. On one hand, I really love Griffin (team Griffin' here, even from "If Only"), but Maggie, omg Maggie.. I had many moments (too many for my liking) where I wanted to go find a real sorcerer, create a spell to transport me into the book, find Maggie and slap her!

She was too dramatic, taking her health situation as an excuse to be an idiot. Reading this, I really thought her situation would be a lot more serious than what it was revealed to
Olivia
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great read. I love being pleasantly surprised by a read-for-review. The characters and humour were great. I loved Maggie she was sweet, caring and her 'issues' were real and not just thrown in there to create drama. The story was slightly predictable but the writing was so good it didn't bother me at all. I wished I had of read the first book in the series only because the characters that make an appearance from that story are awesome and I can tell it would be a goodie.
Bette Hansen
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read!! So glad to see Griffen (from If Only) get his HEA. Loved the storyline which is different from anything I've ever read. Very enjoyable.

Back home after spending a year in Scotland, Griffen Reed is simply floating through life doing what is expected of him. Maggie Kendall is struggling through each day trying to get back to normal. Can these two be the answer that heals both their souls?

You definitely want to read this one.
Amanda G. (Nellie and Co.
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites-2014, own
Let me start by saying I don't care, I've officially run out of care, I care no more, because while What If had it's little issues that elsewhere may have caused me to nit-pick and reduce ratings, I can't find myself doing that with Pine's work because her characters are too perfect, and the emotions she puts those characters and I through is just beyond this world. There was so much about What If that exceeded my expectations that any little issues I may have found among it just feel unimportan ...more
Jen
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Note: This ARC was provided by Entangled Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

What If
by A.J. Pine is the second book in the If Only series and I'm going to be upfront about this and say that I went into the book with a bit of trepidation because of my reaction to the first book in the series. As I mentioned in my review of If Only yesterday, I had somewhat of a love-hate relationship with both the story and the lead characters. It felt more like a young adult (YA) read rath
Tina Lynne
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
^^^ I wish I could give this book 10 stars^^^^

What If is my first AJ Pine book and I need her to write libraries full of books for me to read! This story hooked me from the first page and I loved every minute of it. It is full of hope, love, life, and strength. Griffin and Maggie are perfect! Their personalities and life experiences help to create an incredible story that will touch your heart and make you cheer them on.
Maggie and Griffin meet by chance. This story is full of first, second, and
Maria Rose
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This romance treats us to the story of Griffin and Maggie. Griffin is coasting by, finishing his college degree with no idea of what he'll do in the future except knowing that he doesn't want to follow in his father's business footsteps. Maggie struggles daily to cope with a traumatic brain illness that has affected her memory, focusing on her studies and her job one day at a time. When Griffin picks up a hitchhiking Maggie on her way to her coffee shop job, he can't get her out of his mind and ...more
Marie

What if? What if…you were afraid your own body would betray you in a way that’s possibly deadly? What if…you were known as a player and no one saw you as anything but? What if…you were afraid to fall in love, but that’s exactly what happens? These are just some of the things Maggie and Griffin deal with in What If, a fantastic, realistic, unique New Adult book by AJ Pine.

I really liked Griffin in If Only, but his part in the story left me with a bittersweet feeling. I was also left feel
Amy
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
What If follows the story of Griffin and Maggie. We first meet up with Griffin in If Only. After the way things ended for Griffin in that book, I couldn't have been happier to hear that he was getting his own story.....

What If picks up 2 years after the events of If Only. Two years since he fell for a girl who was in love with someone else. Now, Griffin is back home, but no closer to finding himself and is still doing what is expected of him......2 years ago, Maggie's life was forever changed. S
Pam (YA Escape)
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
*ARC received from publisher via NetGalley

Such a cute read, I really enjoyed this one. The feels!! Griffin and Maggie are such likable characters. I felt for Maggie. She's still trying to get used to this new life, where her brain doesn't work the way it used to and she has all of these systems in place to get through each day. She feels like she doesn't have anything to offer anyone because she's not the Maggie she used to be and she'll be a burden. This felt so real to me. It didn't feel contr
Kelley
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of this book for an honest review.

Five fantastic, well-earned stars.

Here’s the thing—I don’t award 5 stars often. In my mind, to be a 5-star review, you have to have a couple of things. (1) you have to hook me from the start (2) you have to keep that story moving so I want more (3) the characters have to be visible in my head and (4) if I have emotions where I talk out loud to the book, that’s a bonus.

This book achieved all of that and so much more.

1. Hooked? Yep. Bonus po
Elaine
WOW! A great story about people determined not to date each other because of their past records and possible futures but there are too many forces at work to let them get away with this - love must have a way! Really enjoyed this well written traumatic tale which has great characters with whom the author makes it really easy to relate. It is a heart warming tale that grabs the reader, immersing them into the scenarios and making them feel all the dilemmas, angst and turmoil experienced by the ch ...more
Once
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
What If takes you through Maggie and Griffin's journey of finding love when neither of them wants it. They are both rejecting any sort of relationship, due to the complications they each have in their own lives, but when they meet for the first time there's a pull that can't be ignored.

I asked myself several questions while reading this book. One being "Where can I find my own Griffin, who goes to bed shirtless, in flannel bottoms with cute glasses and a book?" And, another being "Can I unread t
Michelle (Adventure in Bookland)

What if……
Maggie wasn’t sick two years ago
Griffin wasn’t a guy that had a new girl in his bed each night
Maggie never missed her bus and hitchhiked
Griffin never gave Maggie a ride to work
Maggie and Griffin never met

All those what if and so many crossed both Maggie and Griffin’s minds in order to protect themselves and each other from heartbreak. Maggie and Griffin’s story was adorable, as a reader I fell in love with this heartwarming story.
It took a long time to find out what was actually wrong
Irene

LOVED What If!

What If ticked all the boxes for me, loved Maggie and Griffin (even the supporting characters) loved the storyline and loved the writing.
A.J. Pine has written a heartwarming love story that will make you laugh, swoon and shed a tear or two.

I was left with a heart full of so many feels, loved What If and highly recommend it.

Thank you Entangled Embrace for the advance copy in exchange for my honest thoughts.

description
Amber Hughes
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**4.5 stars** Wonderful read! I really enjoyed the first book in this series "If Only", but I loved "What if". I was so looking forward to Griffin's story and it was all that I could hope for. I loved the story, the journey of Griffin and Maggie's relationship, all of it. I even shed a few tears at the end. I'm definitely a fan of A.J.'s writing and look forward to reading her future books. *This can be read as a stand-alone, but the first book was great too*
Natalie
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gah. I loved loved loved this book. I love Griffin and his sisters (and not just because the coolest one shares my name!) and I love how intensely Maggie is trying to make herself whole again.

I love their banter and I love their weaknesses and I love the way they're both terrified and both committed.

This book has all the feels and all the sexy times.
Michelle Monroe
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Recieved an ARC copy from NetGalley for honest Review**

Wow, this is the 1st book that I read from this Author and I have to say, I LOVED it. (It does have a book before this one, If Only - which I totally just bought - but this can be read as a Stand Alone).

What If?? Two little words, 6 letters, but can have so many emotions attached; longing, regret, wonder, sorrow, sadness. I think everyone always has those What If's and do we decide to dwell on What If, or move forward from those 6 little
Gabriela
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omg-book-i-love
First I have to say that I started this book without reading the first part , so I can honestly say that it's totally a standalone book , you don't need the first book to like this one.

secondly I must say that even tho it started kind of slow for me at first , it pick up after a few pages and I got really in to it.

I have never read anything from A.J.Pine before, but I most certainly will because, I really like her writing style, it flows nice and smoothly, the characters are endearing and relata
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
****Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World**** :)

What If is A.J. Pine's second book in the If Only Series, If Only been the first book which I did not read prior to reading this book. Now, What If can be read as a stand-alone, the author does a good job explaining what happened in the first book that I see no need to read it unless you actually want to know more of Griffin's past.

After spending some time abroad, Griffin Reed has come back home ready to move on with his life. Having l
Christie72
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been very fortunate lately in reading some fabulous books, but What If has to be one of the best romances I have EVER read! Yes, I said EVER! It was raw, real, and utterly breathtakingly beautiful! My emotions were all over the map…anger, awe, tears, and yes, finally happiness!!!

“What if someone like her could have fallen for someone like me? How different would I be now? Would Maggie trust me enough to let me all the way past her walls? What I let her past mine?” ~Griffin~

What If is the
Danielle from Short and Sassy
5 stars

What If was an amazingly beautiful book that blew me away with it's unique story. I wish I could give this book 5 millions stars. It was fantastic and beautifully written. Right from page one, I was sucked into this story. I stared to read it, and literally could not put it down.

I have never read any other books by A.j. Pine and didn't even know this was part of a series (which I went and quickly bought her other book as soon as I finished this one). This can totally be read as a stand a
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• French Kissed (International School, #3)
  • Inside Out (Off the Map, #3)
  • Everly After
  • Swimming to Tokyo
  • Make it Right (Bowler University, #2)
  • Our Broken Sky (Chaos Theory, #1.5)
  • Unexpected
  • The Opposite of Nothing
  • Dark Paradise (Dark Paradise #1)
  • I Found You (Starting Out #1)
  • Where You'll Find Me
  • The Sweet Life of Stella Madison
  • Surfacing
  • VIP (Rock & Release, Act #1)
  • Luck on the Line (On the Verge #1)
  • The Twilight Swimmer
A teen librarian by day and a romance writer by night, A.J. Pine can’t seem to escape the world of fiction, and she wouldn’t have it any other way. She’s the author of the If Only series (Entangled Embrace), the Only You series (Berkley/Intermix), the Kingston Ale House series (Entangled Select), and the Crossroads Ranch series (Forever Romance). When she finds that 25th hour in the day, she might ...more

If Only.... (3 books)
  • If Only (If Only..., #1)
  • I Do (If Only..., #3)
“Sometimes it takes letting go of the past to find out who you want to be.” 4 likes
“I’m starting to remember what it’s like to let go of the fear, to simply live.” 1 likes