Start by marking “The Voicemail of Magnus Bane (The Bane Chronicles, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Voicemail of Magnus Bane (The Bane Chronicles, #11)

The Voicemail of Magnus Bane

(The Bane Chronicles #11)

The voice mail of Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn, in the days following a certain incident in City of Lost Souls.
Published November 11th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Voicemail of Magnus Bane, please sign up.
Emily Hughes No. This is the last novella in The Bane Chronicles. However, She does have another novella series: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy and The Dark…moreNo. This is the last novella in The Bane Chronicles. However, She does have another novella series: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy and The Dark Artifices series starting with Lady Midnight (less)

Beth
Pam
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy, shortie
4 bonus shortie stars

Narrated by Cecil Baldwin, Jamie Bamber, George Blagden, Gareth David-Lloyd, Jordan Gavaris, Stephen Lunsford, David Oyelowo, Andrew Scott, Michael Trevino, Jesse Williams

Eleven of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles. Bonus Read.

Ever wonder what was said during those calls Alec, Clary, Simon and Isabelle made to Magnus, well this is it. Take it for what it is, they all get an A for effort, although loved Isabelle's more, just because she kicks butt. It was a cute addition
Melanie
“Please don’t ever tell Jace I said he was a badass.”

This short story is just a transcript of voicemails that the Shadowhunters left for Magnus after the end of City of Lost Souls, when he and Alec broke up. It just wasn’t enjoyable and was a lot of harassment even though I know that it was coming from a place of good. I just, thought this was honestly a bit pointless, but I know it was supposed to be heartwarming. I will also say that I think it was a really poor choice for a concluding sto
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon

3.3 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). This was hilarious and quirky. What awesomeness!!!

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating is the highest rating I've ever given a book.)
3 - I enjoyed the book, but there we're flaws that made me enjoy
Claudia Ramírez
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Hahaha, this one was funny and cute!
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“Mrrrrrowl. Mrrrrrowl.”
“Ow! Ow, stupid cat! Ahem. You told me, ‘stop calling, Isabelle,’ but I’m not the one calling you. Church is calling you. Mine are merely the fingers that work the phone.
“See, here’s something you may not have known before you committed your recent rash acts. Our cat, Church, and your cat, Chairman Meow? They’re in love. I’ve never seen such love before. I never knew such love could exist in the heart of a . . . cat. Some people say that love between two dude cats is wrong
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
¿Recuerdan eso terrible que sucede entre City of Lost Souls y City of Heavenly Fire? ¿Recuerdan todos esos mensajes de voz que Alec y medio mundo le dejan a Magnus en su móvil? ¡Pues helos aquí!

Hay que parar el mundo para admirar lo graciosa que es Isabelle con sus mensajes. Es decir, la comparación de la relación de Magnus y Alec con los gatos de cada uno fue épica. SO MANY LOLS!!!.

¿Y qué decir de los mensajes del propio Alec? Pobrecillo mío. Sufrió muchísimo :'(
Sinead
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and completely heartbreaking at the same time! Magnus and Alec belong together, why don't they see that??
Andre
Since I read this "story" a while ago and reference it in my review on the entire chronicles, I might as well review it here also.
Calling this a bonus story is being really generous with the definition of the term "story" as this here was just a bunch of messages on Magnus' phone over the course of 3 days. And boy is this ridiculous in both its execution and message(view spoiler)
Fables&Wren
Feb 08, 2016 rated it did not like it
WrensReads Review:

This was interesting… but I didn’t like it.

I WAS BORED.

The Mortal Instruments #06: City of Fallen Angels

*The n
Suzanne
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I love anything shadowhunter lol
AmeliaaXavier
Actual Rating: 3.5 MALEC Stars!

description
"The light woods are a seriously hot people, some people say the Herondales used to be hot, but think about it - not only do we outnumber them but we took their hottie and we made him ours. Obviously we won the victory."

Very witty voicemails of Isabelle, Church!, Clary, Simon, Maia and Raphael trying to convince Magnus to contact Alec. Alec's voicemails are moving as well as he tried to get Magnus to call him. Very short, I read the whole thing in half an hour (wit
zainab_booklover
Awwe I just loved Isabelle's voice messages!! they made me laugh so hard xD

description
Liam
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
✨ 3.7 STARS ✨

Hilarious!!!! Was so funny to see how all the characters reacted differently, especially Isabelle what a queen!! Will I ever get tired of reading malec related stories? Nope!
Jeannette Nikolova
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not what I was expecting. I thought this would be the most impressive out of all of the stories. Especially considering that it's the last one. But... nope.
Morgannah
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Funny and cute but that was about it.
Amanda
She adds that she supports you and she is a fan of much ‘yaoi
manga.’ I have no idea what that means, and I never wish to know.

I had to read that horrible line so you all did too.

I don't know what this was supposed to accomplish. It's pretty much yeah Magnus and Alec's relationship is pretty unhealthy, but how can we make it worse?

Let's publish a bunch of phone messages from the other characters in the book harassing Magnus into getting back together with Alec. Stating things like dumping Alec
Joana
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was fun!! Poor Magnus though.

Izzy is a very persistent girl.. and a good sister.

"Our cat, Church, and your cat, Chairman Meow? They're in love." eheh
Yonaily
Jan 06, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dejame-pensar-no

You know what? I'm done.
Andrie
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
hahaha the voicemails were great
Juan G.B
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Morí😂😂😂
Thibaut Nicodème
Sep 24, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snark
Full review on my blog, the Snark Theater.

So…this is a collection of unfunny messages on Magnus's voicemails. "Take Alec back", say the characters, like avatars of the yaoi fangirls Cassandra Clare is pandering to. One such fangirl is actually mentioned in this story.

All this leaves me is wondering how or why he got back with Alec after hearing all of this. I'd just run away as far as possible from the crazy people.

Aside from that, this is character assassination (mostly for poor Isabelle, who's
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
{March 12th, 2015} MINI REVIEW

3 stars.

SPOILERS i guess

Pg 507.

These records were obtained, with some difficulty, from a cell phone which appeared to have been broken and burned with intense magical fire.

These voicemails will be the death of me rofl. Also this is technically finished at pg 507 not pg 518.

Insightful, hilarious timbits of what transpired during the last three books of The Mortal Instruments that was added.
Ana Fernández
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
No había leído este último relato. Y ay mi pobre Magnus, Alec, se me encoge el corazón... Y bueno, me reí mucho con otros. Isabelle Lightwood siempre queen.
Debra
I loved this series of novellas. Normally, for me, I don't tend to pick up novellas as the ones I have attempted to pick up before with other series they haven't really added much to the story and I just lost interest. But, this series of novellas is something different. Not only does it add more to the story of the Shadowhunter world but it fills in some of the blanks and answers a lot of questions I had when I finished City of Heavenly Fire. As Magnus Bane is one of my favourite characters in ...more
Joanna
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ο μόνος λόγος που παίρνει 5 αστέρια είναι γιατί λατρεύω την σειρά και τους χαρακτήρες!!Κατά τ' άλλα δεν είναι κάτι που αν δεν είχε γραφτεί θα υπήρχε διαφορά...καμιά σχέση με τα υπόλοιπα bane chronicles!!
Αλλά απ' τη στιγμή που είναι υπόθεση 5' να το διαβάσεις χαλάλι...έχει την πλάκα του εξάλλου!
Madison
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This just makes me hate Alec more. He's a piece of crap. Magnus deserves the world, he's such a great man and Alec is a coward. A coward and a liar. I'm sorry if I seem mean but I really can't forgive Alec for what he did. What he did was disgusting and evil. If Magnus is happy with him then I'm happy but I still hate Alec.
Caitlin
Jan 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this novella quite a bit more than What Really Happened in Peru. It didn't really tell a story, but it went along with the novels really well & I enjoyed the insight into everyone's reactions to the breakup.

Izzy's was a little weird to me, but oh well.
Giuls
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5/5
Sono morta dalle risate xD. I messaggi di Isabelle sono i migliori u.u
  • Other Worlds
  • Ash and Mary-Lynnette: Those Who Favor Fire (Night World, Extras)
  • Black Wings Shorts
  • Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)
  • Rotkäppchen muss weinen
  • The Summer Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.5)
  • Sinner: Free Preview (First 3 Chapters) (Shiver)
  • Once In A Lifetime (FairyTale Boxed Set)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Школьный Надзор
  • Silver and Salt
  • Die Once More (Revenants, #3.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #1.5)
  • Incrusted: Hiding The Demon Within (Warepire Reverse Harem Romance, #1)
  • Supernatural Slayer (Supernatural Slayer #1)
  • Tomorrow is Today (Tempest, #0.5)
  • Oddly Normal, Book 2
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

The Bane Chronicles (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Bane Chronicles
  • What Really Happened in Peru (The Bane Chronicles, #1)
  • The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2)
  • Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Midnight Heir (The Bane Chronicles, #4)
  • The Rise of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles, #5)
  • Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles, #6)
  • The Fall of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles, #7)
  • What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything (The Bane Chronicles, #8)
  • The Last Stand of the New York Institute (The Bane Chronicles, #9)
“I have looked back on portraits of our ancestors. Gabriel Lightwood was notably smoking. It is rumored that one Consul agreed with everything my great-great aunt Felicia Lightwood ever said, because when she spoke all he heard was ‘Foxy foxy foxy.’ If you break up with Alec, you will not
only be losing one stone cold fox, but a family of foxes. I will pass down the word to my children’s children. No Lightwood is ever going to so much as wink at you in a bar. Think about that. Think about being Lightwoodless and lonely five hundred years from now, in a sad and chilly nightclub on the moon.”
21 likes
“He’s a lot better when he’s with you. He’s better because he’s happier.” 10 likes