Start by marking “Reader Magnets: Build Your Author Platform and Sell more Books on Kindle (Book Marketing for Authors 1)” as Want to Read:

Reader Magnets are what bring readers to YOU.

They're an irresistible force that draw readers in to your author platform - the promise of getting great value content and building a valuable connection. That's what it's all about, after all - making meaningful relationships with your audience and having a direct line to your readers.

I started using Reader Magnets a littl
Published November 6th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Reader Magnets, please sign up.
Claude Not at all a scam. Just finished reading Reader Magnets. It is priceless info for anyone serious about book publishing and marketing books. He knows h…moreNot at all a scam. Just finished reading Reader Magnets. It is priceless info for anyone serious about book publishing and marketing books. He knows his stuff. Thanks Nick!(less)

Start your review of Reader Magnets: Build Your Author Platform and Sell more Books on Kindle (Book Marketing for Authors 1)
K.M. Weiland
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short, but sweet. Stephenson sketches out a very clever approach to gathering subscribers to a fiction author’s e-list. Non-fiction, in general, is so much more intuitive to market that it’s a joy to see a formula directed specifically novelists. The book is fast, doesn’t waste readers’ time, and offers immediately practicable, useful information.
Michelle
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Concise. To the point.
The three things that stood out for me:
1. Build an email list and then you need two books to supercharge your email list
2. Create a Funnel book - make it permanently free
3. Then create a book that serves as a magnet - place an advert in the front and back offering a free book in return for the reader's email address

If you are just starting out, build your email list first and then ask others to join you on social media. So it's all about the email list!
Great resource.
James Minter
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: authors
Nick, thanks for your Reader Magnets: Build Your Author Platform and Sell more Books on Kindle book. It's very timely. I've 5 books (paperback and eBook) exclusively on Amazon. One thing I've learnt - do the same thing in the same way and you get the same results - for me the results are poor measured in sales. Good to great reviews but very limited sales. I believed it was all about writing more books (books 6 and 7 are in progress) but in 2015 this will change. I'm planning to follow your advi ...more
Prakash Sharma
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Power of reader magnets.

Useful tips from Nick Stephenson. I downloaded this book from Amazon for free and found it quite interesting.
If someone wants to learn how to get and retain readers, this book is good to get the ideas.
Suzannah
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-author-biz
Looks like some great advice. I'll be interested to see how it works in practice.
S.F. Benson
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great doable info!
Stephanie Bibb
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I picked up Reader Magnets on the recommendation of Chris Fox’s Six Figure Author book, since he mentioned that it was free on Amazon and also helpful. I’m glad I did. There was a lot of advice as to how you can use a reader magnet, and what techniques might be useful with these magnets.

This book is especially useful in regards to explaining how to use newsletters, and how reader magnets can work in conjunction with a newsletter. Nick Stephenson explains the concept of funnels, how to set up a w
Ronel Janse van Vuuren
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet. It tells you exactly what to do to get more readers.

1. Build an email list.
2. Supercharge your email list by giving something away for free (a free book, short story, whatever as incentive for people to sign up to your list).
3. Create a funnel book: a book that is permanently free on all the online stores. Make sure your free book that serves as a magnet for your email list is advertised in this book.

Honestly, even with the free book, I haven’t had the “thousand new followers in
Wayne Marinovich
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Concise and to the point, I think. Got a few great tips from this.

If you are a self-published or hybrid author, have a read. Highly recommended
Lola
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I spotted this book for free when looking for new non-fiction books to read and grabbed it as it sounded promising. It was slightly underwhelming though. It's quite the short read. It has some good advice, but the whole book is basically one piece of advice and a bit about how to implement with setting up a newsletter, landing page etc. And it didn't contain much information I didn't already know.

I think it's mostly because it all is advice I already knew, although this author does implement thi
Maria Riegger
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Clear, straightforward instructions were very appreciated! I am already implementing the author's recommendations and looking forward to seeing the results! Thank you!
Jeff Dawson
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is what a self-help book should be, short and concise. I’m going to implement many of the suggestions and see what happens.

Four Stars
Daniel Adorno
Aug 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Reader Magnets is often seen as a game-changer for indie authors. It provides some easy-to-follow tips on how to generate more traffic and add more subscribers to your mailing list subscribers. The intended result is finding an audience of engaged readers who will buy more books. Stephenson claims following this system will develop the kind of author platform every self-published author is seeking. He provides proof of that through his own implementation of these strategies with screen captures ...more
Andreas Michaelides
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very good manual of what you need to be aware if you want to start making money online, It covers a lot of key issues of what to pay extra attention and also what to avoid.
The writer does provide an honest way of making money online based on his own experience and based on what it worked for him. It is a book that does not mislead you of what you need or must do to earn money online like many books out there with similar titles do.
It tells you in a short and precise manner the steps you need t
Edward Antrobus
I picked up Reader Magnets after Nick Stevenson was on the Self-Publishing Podcast. Reader Magnets seems like a fool-proof formula. Simply give awaya book that sends people to your website where you offer another book for free for joining your email list. But at the end of the day, that sentence really covers about 90% of the content of the book. The other problem is the foundation of the premise is still "if you build it, they will come." Stevenson claims that a free book on Amazon will easily ...more
M.A. Brotherton
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writing
Nick Stephenson's books are always crammed with information. Reader Magnets is just another great resource.

Most indie-publishers know about list building, but Stephenson doesn't just repeat the same "push the list" crap. He actually breaks down a plan to help build the list and increase reader engagement.

Thanks, Nick. This is a great resource.
Valerie Ihsan
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Valuable Information

I actually knew this info already, which is why I only gave it three stars--which seems lame, I know. Not the author's fault I didn't learn anything new. But the info is VITAL to authors and it's told in a short and simple way that's totally understandable. I recommend this short eBook.
Charlotte Byrd
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome and detailed book

Really enjoyed this detailed approach to building mailing lists. I'm a new romance author and I am going to implement everything in this book ASAP. Awesome book!
Adele Walsh
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic information, broken down in an easy to follow formula for success! I recommend all author entrepreneurs read this helpful resource and implement its strategies. I know I will. The possibilities are endless. Thank you so much Nick! You just blew my mind. Fan girl in the making!
Stacy Buck
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
fantastic book on how to build your email list. probably the best on the subject.
Tom Wright
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Free book that you can finish in half an hour. The content is sparse, but it's the walk-through of how to set up the system that makes up the meat.
Sandy Williams
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Free book. Simple concept.
A simple concept that makes sense.
Something I'll probably do some day in the future.
David Delaney
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book for any indie author to read and take note from. Nick has proven himself a guru when it comes to author platform and building an email list. Fantastic resource to have at your disposal.
Brad Carl
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great

Great tips on marketing your books and for the first time I have ideas on what to put in my email newsletter as a fiction author. Thank you for this short but powerful book!
Marshall Coleman
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pretty useful

I found this to be simple, yet informative. Definitely recommended for new Indie Authors. Can't wait to implement the strategies.
Hailey Rose
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lots of good info packed in this little book. Worth your time.
Chikamso Efobi
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very straightforward, no fuss book.
Cara
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super-quickie outlines the author's strategy of using a free Kindle book with an offer to another free thing in the front and back, to grow your email list. Very practical, highly actionable. I've also been listening to his video series, and I'm super high on the Kool-Aid right now. I already have a book on perma-free with this exact strategy in mind, but when it didn't immediately work, I kind of abandoned it. I want to dust it up and see if I can't get it bearing fruit for me.

Highlights:
Yellow
A.M.
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, i-own
Ages ago I signed up for Nick’s 10k readers course. I’m loath to spend money on writing and publishing courses and sign up things. They are often a bit dodgy. But Nick’s was great. I dislike Facebook so I don’t get the full effect, but he really seems to have this stuff down pat.
Recently he updated this pdf from 2014. [I was sure I had read it, but maybe I just forgot to write a review? The old version is still free on kindle.]
He tells you how to market yourself and your books. And he does it in
R.M. Gauthier
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Reader Magnets: Build Your Author Platform and Sell more Books on Kindle
A great resource for all authors. There is plenty in this book to help build & grow your audience it also includes viable examples and worksheets. This is a step-by-step instruction manual that will bring you more readers. Highly recommended and encourage all authors to give this book a read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
How to write a readersmagnet novel? 1 1 Oct 17, 2019 03:20PM
Help for aspiring author - readersmagnet book 1 1 Oct 17, 2019 03:12PM
how to start self publishing your book 1 2 Nov 28, 2018 07:24AM

• Newsletter Ninja: How to Become an Author Mailing List Expert
  • Successful Self-Publishing: How to self-publish and market your book in ebook and print
  • Write to Market: Deliver a Book that Sells (Write Faster, Write Smart, #3)
  • How I Sold 80,000 Books: Book Marketing for Authors
  • Six Figure Author: Using Data to Sell Books (Write Faster, Write Smarter Book 5)
  • Strangers To Superfans: A Marketing Guide to the Reader Journey
  • 5,000 Words Per Hour: Write Faster, Write Smarter
  • Learn Amazon Ads: Use AMS to Find More Readers and Sell More Books
  • How to Write a Sizzling Synopsis: A Step-by-Step System for Enticing New Readers, Selling More Fiction, and Making Your Books Sound Good
  • Launch to Market: Easy Marketing For Authors (Write Faster, Write Smarter, #4)
  • Gotta Read It!: Five Simple Steps to a Fiction Pitch that Sells
  • Dear Writer, You Need to Quit
  • Take Off Your Pants! Outline Your Books for Faster, Better Writing
  • Let's Get Digital: How to Self-Publish, and Why You Should
  • The Author Startup: A Radical Approach To Rapidly Writing and Self-Publishing Your Book On Amazon
  • How To Market A Book
  • Become a Successful Indie Author: Work Toward Your Writing Dream
Nick Stephenson was born and raised in Cambridgeshire, England and will now refer to himself in the first person. My approach to writing is to hit hard, hit fast, and leave as few spelling errors as possible. I write thrillers, suspense novels, and the occasional witty postcard, all of which are designed to get your pulse pounding. Don’t let my headshot fool you – I’m actually full colour, on most ...more

News & Interviews