Start by marking “Protecting Fiona (SEAL of Protection, #3)” as Want to Read:
Protecting Fiona (SEAL of Protection, #3)

Protecting Fiona

(SEAL of Protection #3)

Cookie "Hunter" Knox was good at his job, infiltrating behind enemy lines was one of his specialties. His SEAL team relied on him to do his job, just as he relied on them to do theirs. Ever since two of his teammates found a woman that completed them, their dangerous Ops seemed a bit more intense. Cookie knew if he had a woman who belonged to him, he'd never let her go. Li ...more
Published December 29th 2014 by Susan Stoker (first published November 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Protecting Fiona, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting Fiona

Catherine
Jan 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
0 stars.

OK, I can't get on board with all the rave reviews.

The woman was traumatized. TRAUMATIZED. And the day that she emerges from a 5-day drug withdrawal hell - THE SAME DAY, PEOPLE - Cookie's all up in her space? Naked in her bed? And the author thinks this is something a traumatized woman would be perfectly fine with? The author is wrong, and by being as wrong as she is, she's perpetuating some very, very dangerous ideas about rape, abuse and trauma victims.

#1. Stoker is saying that a victi
Declarations of a Fangirl
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh holy whoa. I have no idea where to begin. I guess I should start by saying that Cookie has been on my radar since Protecting Caroline. The way he treated her was so sweet and amazing. And knowing the way Mizz Stoker likes to toy with my heart, I just knew his story was going to gut me. Let me tell you, she did not disappoint.

Protecting Fiona starts off with a rescue mission to Mexico to save a Senator's daughter, Julie, who was kidnapped by human traffickers. Let me just pause for a moment
Erika

Overall rating: 3 stars

Cheating: No
Love triangle: No
Anything sexual with om/ow: No
Amount of Sex In The Book: one scene at end
Overall Steam Factor/Chemistry (between 1-5): 1
Themes that may be triggers for some: sexual slavery
HEA/HFN: HEA

My review:

This book was really great for the first half. I loved Fiona and Cookie. I felt for Fiona and her situation. I liked the developing relationship between the couple. I also liked when the other members of the team came into the story.

But then it all fell
Debbie DiFiore
Farah
Jun 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books
What the hell Okay I wasn't into the characters and the nicknames sound cheesy and lame but this is not my issue with this book. My issue here is how on freakin earth did Fiona get rescued and just went on her merry way to resume her life and oh got involved with Cookie ( I kid you not that is his nickname) .. seriously ?!! The trauma and the forced drug addiction .. the humiliation .. the pain .. so uh no counseling no intensive treatment no hospitals and tests no psychiatrist .. nothing ?!! ...more
Dijya
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
**5 Adorable Stars**

Melody Cox
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this book we have a hostage situation but there was one extra hostage, Fiona, they had not known about. No way would Cookie leave her behind to meet her fate. Loved the characters in this book. Fiona was such a strong MC. Just loved her!

Another good 'SEAL of Protection' story. Loved the MCs.
Candy
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Contains SPOILERS

Loved the first book in this series, liked the second one.
The beginning of this book is great, very well written story but then by the middle it seems like things are rushed along and unrealistic.

*((SPOILERS))*

She's having withdrawals from unknown drugs and you don't take her to a hospital to get checked out you keep her at a house where some of your SEAL Team have basic medical training?

You rescue a woman from a hellhole hut in Mexico after she's been kidnapped, brutally raped
April
This third book in the series is a tough read. The subject matter is deep and has loads of emotional impact. I enjoyed the story, but there we a few issues along the way.

A constant issue with this series is the lack of pronouns. Almost every paragraph starts with the character's name. It was a minor annoyance in the first two books, with this one it almost had me stopping. It has a weird feel and totally takes you out of the read. Especially when it is Cookie this and Cookie that and Cookie Cook
Kathleen J
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
You’ve probably read what this is about already---an otherwise ordinary woman who is extremely unselfish and courageous is rescued from three months of sexual slavery by a handsome, courageous and kind SEAL and she has some adjustment problems to get over.

GOOD THINGS
The tension level/suspense is pretty good throughout.
Fiona and Cooke are both likeable people
The writer has good basic writing skills in terms of grammar, spelling, sentence structure

NOT SO GOOD THINGS
Depth of Character. These chara
Kim
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Protecting Fiona had me rooting for Cookie and wanting to tuck Fiona under my wing! Another winner in the Protecting series. Protecting Fiona deals with a harsh subject of human trafficking and using women as sex slaves. Susan Stoker has done a phenomenal job of writing about both the physical and mental trauma of this without actually giving the gory details. She gives voice to many that don’t have the opportunity to tell their story. At the same time, this book has its light moments and is a r ...more
Elizabeth Neal
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better with every book! Fiona has been kidnapped & held hostage for months, but no one is looking for her. Hunter (Cookie) is on a mission to rescue someone else. Thank goodness he sees Fiona before it's too late. The strength of Fiona in this book is amazing. She doesn't know how to give up & that impresses Cookie. We see their feelings for each other grow into something beautiful. The way he cares for her is so sweet. Fiona still has a long road to go in her recov ...more
Megan Fall
I swear each book in this series gets better and better. I loved Cookie/Hunter and Fiona was such a strong woman. I can't wait to read about the rest of the guys on the seal team and I am really interested to see if Jess will get a story!!
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Fiona had been through a lot. She did not ask for much. She did not really ask for anything. She was taken and no one would be looking for her. So when her fellow captive was being rescued she just sat there. She didn't say a word. She didn't move a muscle. She just accepted that she would die in the prison. But Hunter knew something wasn't right. He was there to rescue one woman, but something was telling him to look deeper. He just was not expecting to find her. She was filthy, smelly, strong. ...more
Pamela
So much better than book 2, which I'm very grateful for. I won't lie, it's predictable as it follows the exact same formulae as the first two novels. Regardless, you still end up loving Cookie and Fiona. Like another reader, I thought the love between Cookie and Fiona was a little rushed. From him because he's just met her, and from her considering what she's gone thru. But it's a love story and the author makes it work. I look forward to reading the next installment.

On a personal note and with
Laurie Thibodeaux
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I must say AMAZING. This read was soooo good. I love the way Susan Stoker incorporates strong women in her stories. Most books these days only have the Alpha male, but Susan shows the strength of the female as well. This book presents a beguiling story that keeps you turning the page. I thoroughly enjoyed this read. It kept me on the edge of my seat.

I not only fell in love with Cookie, but with Fiona also. I am glad that Susan tackled a subject that is not discussed often, even though it truly e
Denise H.
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***** 10 STARS... Another terrific book in this awesome series !!
Hunter and Fiona, "Cookie" and "Fee", are so wonderful and are deeply thoughtful characters. A very interesting tale of suspense and rescue, where Cookie meets a woman who is every bit as tough as his fellow SEALS. Yes, she's a mess as she recovers from being in that hell hole in the jungle, but Hunter is by her side all the way. We get to see the previous characters and catch up with those strong people.
These men are the best o
Melanie♥
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. Liked this one the least so far in the series. Just too many things that did not ring true. I felt her suffering and problems resulting from that trauma were marginalized and the romance happened way to quickly for someone who had been hurt so much.
Terri
Jan 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
So, in Romance Land we now not only have insta-love, we also have insta-all-is-OK-even-though-I-was-raped-for-three-months!

No way this book should be seen as how a man should behave towards a woman who is that damaged. In fact, everything Cookie did? Do the opposite!

Jessica
Jul 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
I don't like to be so harsh with books that I don't really hate but I just feel there's no other way I can get around it. The over dramatic heroine is back in this one. If the person's background legitimately calls for it, I can understand and relate. Which is why I enjoyed Alabama's story. Fiona was abandoned and put in foster care yes, I'm sure she had some issues with no one wanting her and being abandoned at a young age but I mean, if anything she was left to raise herself and being ignored, ...more
Amy
5 I Just Can't Get Enough Stars!

description

Move over Wolf and Abe because Knox has stolen my heart!.

Once again, Ms. stoker has delivered another fantastic instalment in this highly addictive series. Darker and more intense Protecting Fiona took me on a gritty journey about overcoming horrible abuse, pain and deep emotional scars with the incredible healing power of true unconditional love.

When Cookie "Hunter" Knox and his team of Navy Seals were sent into to the Mexican jungle to rescue a senators daughter
Kim
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it
I really thought I was going to love this one and I did for the first half but there were a few things that just didn't work for me in the end. I loved the story, Cookie and Fiona, even the fast pace of their feelings and relationship was okay. But the lack of therapy for Fiona before Cookie left for that mission didn't work for me at all. I can see her doing okay as she was for a while but she should have been forced to talk to someone if she was too stubborn to do it herself. That caused me to ...more
Darcy
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, e-book, military, romance
It wasn't long before I was sucked into this book. It was really hard not to be cheering for Fiona and her quiet strength. As much as she impressed Cookie and his team, she did the same with me, even as I hated how she kept telling Cookie that he should leave her behind if it came down to it. That Julie was more important because she had family and friends while Fiona didn't. Just hearing those words broke my heart.

I found my heart breaking again later when Fiona was recovering from her ordeal,
Tia
"Protecting Fiona" by Susan Stoker is another awesome book in the Seal of Protection Series. I loved Fiona and the strength she had to get through all that happened to her. "Cookie" was so loving and understandingly supportive of Fiona while she dealt with her demons. I think they're a perfect match and I'm so happy that Ms. Stoker wrote this amazing story.

Fiona was kidnapped by a Mexican human trafficking ring with no chance of being saved since she had no family. The Seal team was dispatched t
Caz Malpas
4 TRAUMATIC STARS!

Good storyline and good listen. This is probably the most harrowing of the situations the heroines of this series has been in. Although Fiona the h of this story is courageous and strong, the fact that she got over her experience so quickly kind of made it a bit cheesey. Still worth a listen though.

My favourite book in the series so far!
Angela Estes
Another Winner

This series just gets better and better. Susan Stoker has an amazing ability to not only write about strong Alpha males but strong females as well. This book is am emotional journey that you'll want to take over and over again!
Island Girl Romance Reads
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The best of the series!

Loved this book!
Fiona was such a strong woman and Cookie was just amazing!
Very emotional book and loved the friendship between all of them.
Can't wait for the next book.
Tarsha
** reread*** This story was just as good the second time around. It made me smile. :-)
Geri
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow! So sad and scary.

• Her Master Defender (Masters Men, #1)
  • Hell, Fire & Freedom (Fighting for Freedom, #1)
  • SEAL The Deal (Special Ops: Homefront #1)
  • Embattled Home (Lost and Found, #3)
  • Code Name: Luminous (A Warrior's Challenge, #4)
  • Weather The Storm (Security Specialists International, #3)
  • House Calls (Callaghan Brothers, #3)
  • Operation: Endeavor (When the Mission Ends, #2)
  • Wyatt the Heartbreaker (Brothers Black #1)
  • Blue Forever (Men in Uniform, #3)
  • Shattered Valor (Red Team, #2)
  • Under Pressure (The IAD Series Book 1)
  • Blackness Within (The Blackness, #5)
  • Sweet Seduction Serenade (Sweet Seduction, #2)
  • Gabe (Alvarez Security #1)
New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Tennessee where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, Indiana, and Tennessee. She's married to a retired Army man who now gets to follow her around the country.

She debuted her first series in 2014 and

SEAL of Protection (8 books)
  • Protecting Caroline (SEAL of Protection, #1)
  • Protecting Alabama (SEAL of Protection, #2)
  • Protecting Summer (SEAL of Protection, #4)
  • Protecting Cheyenne (SEAL of Protection, #5)
  • Protecting Jessyka (SEAL of Protection, #6)
  • Protecting Melody (SEAL of Protection, #7)
  • Protecting the Future (SEAL of Protection, #8)
“Dad. I love that you aren’t afraid to carry around romance novels with almost-naked men on the cover and hand them out as “tips” to waitresses, hairdressers, and anyone else you come across. Thanks for being one of my biggest fans.” 12 likes