Start by marking “Eyes Turned Skyward (Flight & Glory, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eyes Turned Skyward (Flight & Glory, #2)

Eyes Turned Skyward (Flight & Glory #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  6,506 Ratings  ·  657 Reviews
Since her sister's death, twenty-year-old Paisley Donovan, who shares her sister’s heart condition, is treated like delicate glass by her parents. But nothing will stop her from completing her Bucket List—even if it kills her. And it almost does, until Jagger Bateman pulls her from the ocean and breathes more than air into her lungs—he sets her soul on fire.

Jagger is enrol
Published December 8th 2014 by Entangled Publishing, LLC - Embrace

To ask other readers questions about Eyes Turned Skyward, please sign up.

Lily Palenzuela I own both ebooks and I haven't read Abbi's book yet, but the covers are totally different for me. In Breathe the characters are facing each other and…moreI own both ebooks and I haven't read Abbi's book yet, but the covers are totally different for me. In Breathe the characters are facing each other and in color and in Eyes Turned Skyward they are both facing the same way. Maybe you have a different version of the book?(less)

Jennifer Kyle
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
”For once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return…”

description

Paisley is faced with a huge medical decision of either getting a pace maker or going through a very risky surgery. She takes her time deciding which makes her parents and friends crazy because her health seems to be deteriorating daily. Paisley suffers from a heart condition that tragically her twin sister died from. She doesn’t want to ju
Beverly
LIVE and only .99!! http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Turned-Sky...

4.5 Stars

Paisley Donovan is used to being treated like she is fragile, I guess that is because she is. Diagnosis with the same heart condition that killed her sister, everyone is constantly watching and monitoring her waiting for something to happen. Paisley doesn’t even remember what it is like to truly live life anymore. In effort to take back control she begins working on her bucket list. That is how she meets Jagger.

22. Ditch resp
Catarina
4 Skyward Stars.

Jagger is a bad boy who likes being reckless to forget his own past. Paisley is a girl with a severe heart condition and a Bucket List she intends to complete until her last day. He he’s in flight school and wants to make the Apaches team. She is the school director’s daughter.
He saves her life, but when their worlds crash together, who is in fact saving who?
And when Jagger realizes that the girl who chase away his demons possibly have her days numbered, will he step up and be
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

A lovely 4.5 STARS for a BEAUTIFUL story

Rebecca Yarros has a beautiful and effortless writing style and once again she sucked me into her story with a strong, independent and feisty heroine and a sexy, heart swoony hero.

Eyes Turned Skyward is about trust, living in the moment, taking risks and being true to yourself.

Paisley Donovan was diagnosed with the same potential life threatening illness as her wild, carefree and uninhibited sister, Peyton. Paisley wants to be more like her... Live for h
Annie Brewer
***5 Jagger-lovin' stars!***

Oh. My. God! This gem of a book was just...indescribable! It was so much more than I thought it could be. It consumed me. Broke me. Repaired me. And I couldn't ask for more. The story is such a beautiful and heartbreaking tale of loss, love and the ability to live for the now. Because you never know when you'll take your last breath. So don't waste the life you're given now, because it's all we have. This story captivated me from the first word. And I was sucked into
MELISSA
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Be Fierce Stars!
(ARC provided by Netgalley)

photo 7d491519-b115-4eb9-bec8-beae78f813eb.jpg

photo d0a2a800-9b65-4f43-9d08-4bea1fbd5d0c.jpg

Paisley Donovan aka Lee is a 20 yr. old college student living in Enterprise, AL. with her best friend Morgan. She works at the library, and lives a cautious, reserved, boring life. This is mainly because her sister Peyton dies from a heart condition that Paisley also has. Everyone in her life treats her like breakable glass including her boyfriend Will. Paisley just wants to live her life to the fullest, and misses feeling normal.

photo ac57f089-eec1-4196-b6d9-5f1523c7424e.jpg

Paisley is dete
Amber Robertson
Eyes Turned Skyward was yet another let down of a re-read. This book in particular felt like it too me forever to read. Why? It was the exact same as the first one. There was no difference. The characters were the same, continuing to make the same mistakes by refusing to say what was wrong and then proceeding to say 'I love you' way too early.

This book in particular focuses on Jagger who was Josh's best friend in the first book, we are however introduced to a bunch of new characters as Jagger t
Christie«SHBBblogger»
**ARC provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

3.5 Little Bird stars

Title:Eyes Turned Skyward
Series:Unnamed #2
Author:Rebecca Yarros
Release date: December 8, 2014
Rating:3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I was more than excited to see that Rebecca Yarros had a new release that was just on the verge of release day. I was beside myself. I completely fell for this author and her style of writing. Full Measures was so beautifully written and emotionally ri
Patrycja
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 super stars!

Review to follow.
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5 Stars Turned Skyward!

This is the second book that Rebecca Yarros gutted me with! I am an true Fan! She has an amazing ability to write true, deep, soul reaching love with palpable tone and more than that, no one writes a "male character in love" better than her!

This is one of those angsty, heart-wrenching, forever kinda love books that is good thru and thru. Paisley Donovan is living with a severe medical condition. She wants more than anything to just "live" carefree, take risks, to truly br
Claire Robinson
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 - "The best things are worth the burn." Stars.

Rebecca Yarros got herself an Insta-fan with me after I finished reading Full Measures it is a book I read with my heart in my mouth and a tissue at my eyes. So you can imagine my joy at seeing that this wonderful author had another book due up for release. Eyes Turned Skyward is loosely connected to Full Measures but you don’t need to read it to understand anything from Paisley and Jagger’s story, this book is wholly their own. I would however r
Kathe L
"For once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

description

"Grayson was right. She was going to rip me apart.
And I was going to let her."

This book is fulllllll of amazing quotes and my book is marked all over. no regrets This is an amazing book and one of my favorites this year because this isn't just a romance book. No. This book touches your heart and it delivers different things from page one.
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 Live life to the fullest stars!.

I love Rebecca Yarros! I want more books, I want like five million of her books so I can read them all.

Eyes Turned Skyward is Rebecca’s second book in the NA series. It didn’t make me ugly cry like Full Measures, but Eyes Turned Skyward still had lots of drama to keep me on my toes.

There’s lots of angst!

Paisley’s sister dies after her 21st birthday. Paisley is turning 21 soon and she has the same heart condition that killes her sister. Paisley created a bucket l
Anna
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
" For once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return. "

" If it's between being numb for the rest of my life or burning exquisitely for even a moment, I'll take the burn the best things in life are worth the burn, the risk. "

❤ loved this one with my whole heart! ❤. I was intrigued by Jagger when I stumbled across this authors Debut novel Full Measures . I love my broken bad boys and this one wa
Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
3.5 Stars

I loved this book's predecessor Full Measures, hard. But, for some reason, I just didn't love this one as much...and I really can't put my finger on why.

In this instance I do think it's a case of it's not you, it's me, however. I think perhaps I just wasn't in the mood for a lower steam YA when I read this, but I jumped in anyway because I had been so looking forward to it.

Next time I will wait until I am in the proper mood. And I just might try re-reading this one when that proper moo
Fanny
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Eyes Turned Skyward es el segundo libro que leo de la autora, Rebecca Yarros, y aunque puede ser leido como independiente, el protagonista masculino aparece en otra de las historias de la autora, Full Measures.

Ya lo he dicho en varias de mis reseñas, soy bastante superficial, lo primero en lo que me fijo antes de leer un libro es en su cubierta y si, se que esta mal, pero hay veces que no puedo evitarlo aunque quiera. * sonrojo *

Asi que lo primero que me llamo la atencion de Eyes Turned Skyward
Jeannine Allison
description

This book was absolutely amazing!! Normally I don't like love triangles of any kind, but surprisingly I rather liked this one. It fit into the story so well (view spoiler). The secondary characters were as captivating and fantastic as the MCs. The only thing I had a problem with was the interactions between Jagger and Anna (view spoiler)
AJ
“I’ve seen love burn someone to the ground, and I’ve seen it make sense of the ridiculous. I won’t settle for less than that kind of fire.”

OMG, yes! Jagger and Paisley’s story is funny, sweet, sexy, full of emotion and incredibly swoony. Their romance is intense, and is blended beautifully with drama that contributes to but never overwhelms the story. It sucked me in immediately and had me madly flipping pages, and I loved every moment of it.

This book follows on from Rebecca’s first book, Full
Bea
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am always a little nervous to start a book when I receive it as an ARC because I feel this sense of obligation to read it to completion even if I may not like it all that much, and then to come up with a review that does the book justice whether it is good or bad. There are times that I get lucky and I immediately get sucked in by the story and its characters; that’s when the obligation becomes an absolute pleasure. Reading Eyes Turn
Anna
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
worth the risk, worth the burn !

Nikki
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military, insta-lust
I didn't like it quite as much as Josh and Ember's story but still pretty good. This felt a bit more YA to me than the last book, prob due to the lack of steam, which would have been much appreciated, it's Jagger, hello?!?!

So this is your basic forbidden romance, lots of secrets, but the author as always does a great job unfolding the story. Definitely enjoyed and will continue to read more from this author.
-C-
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book, it was so beautifully written. The storyline was interesting, the characters were amazing, and the writing was great.

Bella
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars- loved it!
Full review to come.

AWESOME read!!!

Paisley & Jaggar. Sigh.

The writing sucked me right into the story and I couldn't say away from it.

Everyone treats Paisley like she's breakable due to the heart condition she has. Her family wants her to live a bubble. As a result, Paisley doesn't feel like she's really living.

Jaggar doesn't know anything about this heart condition and treats her like she is normal. Finally, Paisley feels like she is alive. Not wrapped in a bubble.

Jag
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
A short review for once.

This book was the perfect find after my last emotional and overwhelming read.

Rebecca Yarros wrote a beautiful story with a serious topic without falling into pityful. Paisley is full of life, tiny and ill but determined not to live "a half life". She is a "southern belle", soft, well mannered and cute but with claws when necessary. She resisted her overbearing family, especially her mother and fought to make her own decision about her own heart and it was far from simple.
Vivian
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wauw. Verliefd. Zo mooi, nog mooier dan Onverminderd: dit boek was gewoon prachtig, kan niet anders zeggen. Uitgebreide recensie: http://thebookreview.nl/recensies/new...
Yomi M.
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved it, not as much as the first one but I still enjoyed it :)
Tessa Teevan
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ahh I loved everything about this book! Sweet, emotional, sexy, and I couldn't put it down!! I can't wait to read more from this author.
Polly
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emo, top-fav
So good! Just what I was needing to pull me out of my slump.
Thanks for gifting it to me, Beverly! <3
Amanda
 photo da3b031d345be1fa23a11bdd86be7717_zps5qkubftf.png
Items ticked off: 24

“I’m headed to the gym for a few, so listen for the timer. Burn lunch and I burn you.

Since I'm going to rage so hard on this one, I figured I'd start the review off with a quote from the only good thing about this book. Grayson, a secondary character. I love him. That's it. Let's move on.

Let me introduce you to the typical New Adult.
“You know, there’s more to a man than how he looks. You have to know what’s—” Sweet Lord, have mercy.
My Kindle hit the sand with my jaw. I’d
  • Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5)
  • Leave a Mark
  • A Game Worth Watching (Worth Series, #1)
  • Until Alex
  • This Way to the Sugar
  • Love Always, Damian (Love Always, #2)
  • What If (If Only..., #2)
  • Recitatif/To Room Nineteen
  • Shipwrecked Summer
  • Just a Little Flirt (Crush, #2)
  • Worth It (Forbidden Men, #6)
  • You and Everything After (Falling, #2)
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • Unspeakable Truths (Unspeakable Truths, #1)
  • Damaged Goods (The Outsider Chronicles, #2)
  • Hate: A Love Story
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • Normal (Something More, #1)
Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and a lover of all things coffee, chocolate, and Paleo. She is the author of the Flight & Glory series, including Full Measures, the award-winning Eyes Turned Skyward, Beyond What is Given, and Hallowed Ground. Her new Renegade Series features Wilder and the upcoming Nova, and is sure to keep your heart pounding. She loves military heroes, and has been bli ...more
More about Rebecca Yarros...

Flight & Glory (4 books)
  • Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory, #3)
  • Hallowed Ground (Flight & Glory, #4)

“I love you, and it's not the kind of love that wavers. It's the scary kind that doesn't fade. I look at you, and I see not just everything I want for my life, but everything I am, because you took the emptiest, dark pits of my soul and filled them with you. You are as much part of me as my own heart, and it doesn't beat without you.” 29 likes
“For once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return…” 14 likes