Start by marking “The Curious Tale of Gabrielle (Curiosity, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Curious Tale of Gabrielle (Curiosity, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

The Curious Tale of Gabrielle

(Curiosity #1)

What If You Woke Up In Someone Else's Life?

When Gabrielle moves to the small town of Envisage, she finds herself drawn to a hidden antique shop and its mysterious owner. A strange gift sends Gabrielle back in time, placing her in the middle of an epic battle between good and evil, where she’s unraveling history’s darkest secrets.

But when demons appear, can Gabrielle
Published March 2015

Start your review of The Curious Tale of Gabrielle (Curiosity, #1)
Kate M. Colby
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
Disclaimer: I received an advance reader copy of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review. The copy I received was not the final copy, but rather the one issued to beta readers.

The Curious Tale of Gabrielle by Zachary Paul Chopchinski is a young adult novel that blends historical fiction and magical realism. In the novel, the protagonist, Gabrielle, is given a magical bracelet that allows her to transport through time and place to experience the lives of the bracelet's
Hannah
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
an unexpected and interesting read. A lot shorter than I would usually pick up but having started books 2 I suspect it could have made a single book rather than three singular ones, we shall see.

A positive for the shortness was the pace at which the story moved, never a dull moment and I'm intrigued to read more.
Alice Bye
Ooohhh this book was amazing! I loved the plot and the settings and the characters. I enjoyed how there were so many questions to be answered, but we learned them along the way instead of right away.
Susan Angela Wallace
The Curious Tale Of Gabrielle by Zachary Paul Chopchinski.
Thirteen-year-old Gabrielle was given a mysterious bracelet for her birthday. She went to bed as a normal teen but woke up in another time, as another person.
When demons appear, Gabrielle's dream adventure turns into anightmare. But is a nightmare adventure better than just existing in your mundane life?
A good read with good characters. Little slow in places. Netgalley and weaponry co-op.
Home Is Where the Wine Is Book Blog

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Debut novel, The Curious Tale of Gabrielle was intriguing and refreshingly original.

Gabrielle, a young girl with an inquisitive nature, ventures into an antique shop on her thirteenth birthday. The way the author describes the shop automatically made me think of a place I once explored in New Orleans called Arcadian Books & Prints. Here is a pic I snapped of my own curious adventures that day.

shop

Gabrielle wonders through rows upon rows of old books and relics from
Mog
May 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable plot and intriguing premise. I would have rated higher but I think this book need another few rounds of editing. It was small things like commas in the wrong part of a sentence, use of the word inferred rather than implied (easy mistake), and repeating the same word in one paragraph or even sentence rather than changing it up. I was a little unsure of the villain as well. He seemed a bit flat and he didn't even have a name. I also thought the love that Gabrielle had for Fionn and ...more
KylaB
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll start off by saying I received this eBook from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Curious Tale of Gabrielle was not what I expected. I have to say though, it was intriguing! I expected a time-travel adventure through the eyes of a thirteen year old girl, however what I got was definitely more than that. I was surprised with how dark the story got, but it gave the story a twist and made me feel for the characters. My only problem was some parts seemed off. I feel like it could
Kathleen
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won, kindle
Really interesting story with excellent descriptive details. Something about it felt a bit like a short story to me. Maybe because not all of the characters felt completely fleshed out and I wasn't sure what time period the story started in. The writing was definitely on point as it seemed like each word had been perfectly chosen and perfectly placed to set the scene and create the mood. Thanks to the author and The Reading Room for providing me with a free copy.
Marie Melanson
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I believe that this new author, Zach, is a true diamond in the rough. HIs first novel, The Curious Tale of Gabrielle, is a page turner. This story has had me captivated from page one. The author's unique writing skills make me thrilled to turn each page. I cannot wait for more!
Zachary Chopchinski
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Curious Tale of Gabrielle was my first book and I have a soft spot in my heart for it. The idea started back in 2012 when I saw an old antique bracelet and I couldn't help but to imagine all the history the bracelet had seen...one of those "if walls could talk" moments. I finally wrote my first draft of the book for NaNoWriMo in 2014 but it wouldn't be published until 2015.

My first copy of the book was awful. Well, ok maybe not awful...actually yeah that's what it was. I was so proud of this
Jessica Jesinghaus
Check out this review, and many more, on my blog https://jessjesinghaus.wordpress.com

4 out of 5 stars

Curious indeed! The Curious Tale of Gabrielle is a smartly composed introduction to the Curiosity Series. The main character, Gabrielle, is an adventurous 13 year-old girl who is extremely close to her mother & father. Although neither parent make a real appearance in the book, their presence & importance to young Gabrielle is palpable - very important in a story such as this one.

Sue
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I just couldn't get involved in this book. The whole concept of the story sounded really good but unfortunately, for me, it just didn't deliver. With the main character Gabrielle being 13 years old, I would not class this book as Young Adult but rather as Middle Grade. I would have preferred more depth in the story as well as character development. This is probably a great read for younger readers but misses the mark for the YA genre.
Jeff
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gabrielle finally ventures into a store she's been curious about for a while and that where the adventure begins. Who is Alexandra and what is the story behind her bracelet. It reminds me of a variation of a scifi TV show I enjoyed watching years ago...but I won't say what show since that might spoil the story.
Melissa
I recieved this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.
I think this book was a really good start, although in the begining I was a bit confused abput what was happening it got better and I think that was part of the charm of the book.
The characters are very well written and my heart weeped for them as the story progressed, and that ending for Fionn and Heather! All I can say is WOW!
I can't wait to read the next book!
Jonas Lee
Loved the audio book! In a two-dimensional format, a person has to make their mind build everything up in 3D. With someone narrating the story, that world is given a helping hand and suddenly more vibrant with color and character. Gabrielle Baker did a fabulous job creating a warm tone to the already fantastic revision of Chopchinski's inaugural story.
Tamara
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good reading for this rainy day. waking up someone else deciding what needs to be done and what can be done to save the ones you love
Jessica
YA tale of fantasy and adventure. Recommended for younger YA readers.
Romaine Heart
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Amazing! The Curious Tale of Gabrielle will captivate you as you experience this wild adventure of an inquisitive preteen who is strong willed and determined to protect the ones that she loves against evil and demons. She will steal your heart.
On Gabriele's 13th birthday she is given a mysterious bracelet from the owner of the antique shop. This magical bracelet sends Gabrielle on an adventure back in time to a land of an evil kingdom.
King James is determined to have Heather, Gabrielle's
Jenn Sut
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great YA mystery/time travel book. Gabrielle is an interesting main character to take us on her journey. She is always looking for adventure. She definitely gets it in her journey. This book is well written with well developed characters. The pace is perfect to introduce Gabrielle and to explain the unique elements of her journey. I will definitely be continuing this series.
Eben Mishkin
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished The Curious Tale of Gabrielle last night. Staying up until about 3 in the morning. Fair warning upfront, I follow Chopchinski on Tumblr and I picked up the book because of that; I also don’t think I am quite the target audience for it.

Gabrielle is about a girl who loves exploration and wants an adventure. On her 13th birthday she decides that she is going to buy something from the one shop in her town she has never been in. What she gets is a Curiosity - that will give her a very
Linda
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story about a girl that received a bracelet that let her experience the stories of other people throughout history. This story was very well written. All of the characters were very well done and true to life. And the stories they had to tell were full of excitement, terror, and love. I just did not really like the choice that Gabrielle had to make at the end of the story.
Sumedha (the wordy habitat)
I was given an advance reading copy by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Zach Chopchinski!

A lot of people don’t usually read the prologue, especially when it’s an explanation, but I did. The prologue was what intrigued me to the story more.

The story shows a young girl, Gabrielle, who is curious and adventurous. She wanders into an antiques shop which always made her wonder and meets Alexandra. Alexandra says that every item in her shop holds a story, which intrigues
Chantal Bellehumeur
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Curious Tale of Gabrielle is unlike anything I have ever read!

In this original book, an adventurous young girl by the name of Gabrielle meets a strange old woman who gives her a very special gift for her birthday. After a whirlwind of very peculiar events, Gabrielle wakes up someplace she has never been to yet it seems as familiar as the faces of the strangers she sees next. Unsure if her life is real, a dream, or a nightmare, Gabrielle's head is filled with questions. When the truth is
Claire Mac
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"There are two types of ways to travel: either by a journey or an adventure."
-Zachary Chopchinski

A wonderful debut novel from an author I will definitely be reading more of in the future. I immediately felt myself drawn to the character of Gabrielle and the journey we were about to go on with her.

Gabrielle stumbles upon a mysterious bracelet that enables her to travel through time and essentially possess the life of another and experience their story through their eyes.

Chopchinski builds a
Jonas Lee
This was a great inaugural book! It has wonderfully crafted details and a voice behind the characters making it come to life. The story starts off in a small town and follow Gabrielle and her curiosity as she finds her way into an antique shop. From there, she is left trying to wrap her mind around what is happening as she is transported into another time to experience life of another. Zachary can paint the scenery in his novel and leaves it open to many possibilities of more tales in the ...more
S.S. Yasumi
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was provided with a free copy of this book for an honest review.

The Curious Tale of Gabrielle was an intriguing read. The main character Gabrielle seemed like such a sweetheart and clearly cared deeply for those closest to her. Her curious nature is contagious.

Though there were issues with some redundant sentences and grammar, this book was worth the read. It flowed nicely through the tale keeping it interesting and making you want to turn the page.

A nice start to a series. Can't wait to read
Layla
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Curious Tale of Gabrielle is an enchanting story about a young girl who finds an antique bracelet that allows her to go back in time to visit the lives of its past wearers! I really enjoyed this book! The characters are lovable and relatable and the story is a quick read! This book made me laugh, cry and fear for the lives of the characters that I had grown to love! If you like young adult fiction, adventure with a hint of romance, you will love The Curious Tale of Gabrielle!
Sheila
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well paced and well written, The Curious Tale of Gabrielle is a book that will pique your interest off the bat and keep you guessing along the way. Highly recommended to those who seek Young Adult novels,romance, suspense, or just a well-rounded, thoughtfully constructed story about a girl and her destiny. This beautifully crafted novel will grab you and suck you in until you're hooked! I couldn't put it down and I doubt you'll be able to either!
Laura Kehoe
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so delightful and enchanting, with a dark edge that kept me on my toes while reading. Gabrielle is a brave, spirited young girl who instantly stole my heart. I saw so much of myself in Gabrielle. And each character she encountered was equally intriguing in their own ways.

Aside from the engaging characters, I also found the plot to be refreshingly unique. I don't think I've ever read anything quite like this book. I'm very much looking forward to finding out what happens next!
Elizabeth J
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm never very good at reviewing a story - either it takes me away with it or I wander off without finishing it and it's another place on the map I didn't visit. If I follow it, it's like a dream - there was a dusty shop, a mysterious old woman, strange happenings....
The tale of Gabrielle captivated me, I was absorbed in her world, part of her adventures - where does she go next? I can't wait to find out!
Zachary is a bow tie wearing, formal vest rocking, pocket watch using, sarcastic monster of a writer. Currently residing in Orlando, Florida, he spends his days working, writing and procrastinating.

Coupled with being an award winning author of Young Adult Fiction, Zach spends his days trying not to kill himself with lethal levels of caffeine.

Zach is the author of the Gabrielle series, a young

Curiosity (4 books)
  • Curiosity and The Hounds of Arawn (Curiosity #2)
  • Curiosity and The Sentient's Oblation (Curiosity, #3)
  • Curiosity and Arawn's Penance (Curiosity #4)