Start by marking “And the Bride Wore Prada” as Want to Read:
And the Bride Wore Prada

And the Bride Wore Prada

(Marrying Mr Darcy #1)

She’s dated Mr Darcy…

After being hounded by the paparazzi ever since news of their engagement got out, Gemma and Dominic are flying to Scotland for a much-needed romantic getaway. But they didn’t expect to find Dominic’s ex, Natalie, and her husband Rhys, on the very same flight! Landing in a torrential blizzard and with only one hire car (let alone a limo!) between them,
Published January 23rd 2015 by Carina

To ask other readers questions about And the Bride Wore Prada, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And the Bride Wore Prada

Natalie TBGWP
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
After reading Katie's Dating Mr Darcy trilogy last year I was more than happy to see her bring out a second trilogy with the same characters. I really like that idea of going back and seeing what's happening especially when they all are great chick lit reads.

Book one in the Marrying Me Darcy trilogy is this one And The Bride Wore Prada. The cover is bright and perfect to catch the eye of the ever-growing chick lit fanatics. For me I must be brutally honest and say that's were the love ends. I kn
Rachel Gilbey
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Having loved Katie Oliver's previous series Dating Mr Darcy, I was looking forward to the start of this new series. Especially since it features a lot of old characters. And yet, I was ultimately disappointed by this book.

It was great to pick up on the stories of Gemma and Dominic, and also Rhys and Natalie, but yet I barely recognised Gemma, since she has turned into a complete bride-zilla. I just didn't get the same fab feeling from this book, than I did from the others.

Gemma, Dominic, Rhys
Kim
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, kindle, net-galley, n
A lovely read- lots of smiles, twists and turns and relationship issues!
Gemma and Dominic find that they are travelling to Scotland on the same plane as his ex Natalie and her husband Rhys. Unfortunately they arrive in a huge blizzard and as there is only one car have to share the rest of the journey aswell. They are stranded in a castle.
They are engaged and she thinks this is the perfect time to plan their wedding. They are away from the troublesome paparazzi . But Helen, who’s car went off the
Elaine
A torrential blizzard results in an mismatched group staying in an isolated Scottish castle! Now two of them, Natalie and Rhys, were due to be there visiting their friends Tarquin and Wren but they, very kindly, offered a lift to Natalie’s ex, the rock star Dominic and his fiancé Gemma. Then the blizzard results in Helen’s car skidding off the road, necessitating her joining the castle crowd. Throw in the fact that Gemma has turned into Bridezilla, that she and Dom are trying to get married away ...more
Shan
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And The Bride Wore Prada, by Katie Oliver, is the first book in the Marrying Mr. Darcy series, the follow-up to her successful and absolutely lovely Dating Mr. Darcy series. All of our favourite characters are back, and with the introduction of new ones, this is a fun and incredibly delightful book.

This book is just as good the other three. These are great characters that you will want to invest your time in and the same goes for each new character that gets introduced in. Helen and Colm are a g
Colette Kebell
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was recommended to me by Katie herself as I haven't ever read any of her books and she said this was one of her favourites. Having read it, I can understand why....yes now I'm hooked and shall be reading the rest of the series !! Considering that Katie lives in the US and this was mostly set in Scotland I was a little surprised (though pleasantly), especially considering the title. One doesn't usually think of Scotland in that way, most of the news concerning that part of the UK doesn't tou ...more
Debi Smith
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
More twists, turns, highs, and lows than a roller coaster. It was great to have Natalie, Rhys, Dominic, and Gemma back, this time in the Highlands of Scotland - stranded at Draemar Castle, home to Natalie's friend, Tarquin and his wife, Wren. I found myself laughing, crying, and shaking my fist throughout the book as we meet new people and witness their near self-destructiveness before learning from their mistakes. Katie really knocked it out of the park with the first book in her new series.
Samantha Tonge
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my favourite of Oliver's books. It was great to meet up with some old characters - wild, complaining Dom, Bridezilla Gemma and lovely Natalie and Rhys. The setting was lush - up in the Highlands with plenty of whiskey and snow. Oliver's writing is fast-paced, vivid and funny. And The Bride Wore Prada twists and turns as it goes and was unputdownable. A Fab-u-lous read!
Crystal Royall
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book.

This book was absolutely nothing that I thought it would be about.......it was BETTER! The introduction of new characters and keeping with original characters from the original series is great.
Susan Buchanan
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star review. A delightful read - devoured in 2 days
Amber
Sep 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
not enjoyable. couldn't even read the entire sample
beatrice stenzel
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good summer reading

Vacation time nothing deep fanny had a good time to follow . will see how is the following book . will be reading on the plane.
Jay
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this series :)
Vanessa Wester
Oct 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Romantic comedy... An okay read.
Pamelyn
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Mildly amusing light reading.
MarielMarinero
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!

It was a really good book. I liked how it include the old characters, Natalie and Rhys. Can't wait to read more about Gemma and Dom. Waiting for the second book ;)
Christi

• My So-Called (Love) Life
  • Bad Bridesmaid
  • Let's Call The Whole Thing Off
  • Five Go Glamping
  • From Paris with Love (Doubting Abbey, #2)
  • Grave Trouble (Lexi Graves Mystery, #2.5)
  • Life or Something Like It
  • Elvis and the Tropical Double Trouble
  • Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered  (Could It Be Magic #1)
  • Spirits of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun #6.5)
  • The Runaway Bridesmaid
  • Just the Way You Are
  • In Love Again (Unruly Royals, #3)
  • I Shot You Babe (Bombay Assassins, #4)
  • All Over the Place (Near & Far)
  • All I want for Christmas
  • To Love a Wicked Scoundrel (Three Regency Rogues, #1)
  • This Summer
Katie Oliver loves romantic comedies, characters who "meet cute," Richard Curtis films, and Prosecco (not necessarily in that order). She currently resides in South Florida with her husband, two parakeets, and a dog.

Katie has been writing since she was eight, and has a box crammed with (mostly unfinished) novels to prove it. With her sons grown and gone, she decided to get serious and write more (

Marrying Mr Darcy (3 books)
  • Love, Lies and Louboutins